Drive Club's dynamic weather...oooooh ahhhhhh

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#601 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Wait... so you can't delete posts now?...lolwut?

Sorry, that shame you get to carry forever.

Mmkay.

they've introduced a time limit for deleting posts. i think it's 5 minutes.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#602 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@Desmonic: oh lostrib beat me to it. sorry to disturb you my chum.

#603 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@WeepsForFools said:

@Suppaman100:

typical cow creaming their pants about graphics, while the actual game is mediocre.. enjoy the 7.0 while Forza keeps getting 9s.

Project Gotham Racing was mediocre? Seemed like a consistently high scoring series to me.

so much ownage in this post

#605 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

@b4x said:

@daious said:

This thread should be locked. Its no where close to being on topic.

Read my sig. Remind you of a person you know? cough "mirror" cough

don't you have anything better to do than be angry and harass members of SW?

#606 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

you would think so considering he's supposedly a father of a small child

#607 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

The child support payments are in the mail lover. Now please quit harassing me baby.

#608 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

The child support payments are in the mail lover. Now please quit harassing me baby.

#609 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

#610 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

@SecretPolice said:

7.5 graphics, 4.5 game-play = 6.0 game.... go around the tracks real slow and enjoy the visuals I guess. :P

This post is strong with jelly. Should have picked the better team brah :P Right now, lemmings are SW's Brasil hehe

So defensive he double posted in a fit of rage. :D

You also double posted just earlier in this same thread...

#611 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

#612 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

@SecretPolice said:

7.5 graphics, 4.5 game-play = 6.0 game.... go around the tracks real slow and enjoy the visuals I guess. :P

This post is strong with jelly. Should have picked the better team brah :P Right now, lemmings are SW's Brasil hehe

#613 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@b4x said:

@inb4uall said:

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

@SecretPolice said:

I would call you a hypocrite, but that might upset you and cause another meltdown.

#614 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@b4x said:

@inb4uall said:

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

@SecretPolice said:

I would call you a hypocrite, but that might upset you and cause another meltdown.

Loading Video...

#615 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
#616 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I think there is evidence that some of the launch titles needed a bit more time to polish given how killzone had presentation issues and the added months for driveclub. The visuals are definitely good and it boggles the mind with the potential of the new hardware, we might just be nearing that point where visual details will reach disturbing levels

#617 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@lostrib: and @bax: should i call the cops ?

#618 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@WeepsForFools said:

@Suppaman100:

typical cow creaming their pants about graphics, while the actual game is mediocre.. enjoy the 7.0 while Forza keeps getting 9s.

Project Gotham Racing was mediocre? Seemed like a consistently high scoring series to me.

Except DC isn't PGR. It's from the developers of Motorstorm, Motorstorm...

#620 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@WeepsForFools said:

@Suppaman100:

Lol Forza, we're talking about next-gen racing games here, please keep that previous, old-gen crap out of this thread.

#621 Posted by Draign (1821 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@WeepsForFools said:

@Suppaman100:

Lol Forza, we're talking about next-gen racing games here, please keep that previous, old-gen crap out of this thread.

You have no idea what youre talking about, obviously.

#622 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@draign said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@WeepsForFools said:

@Suppaman100:

You have no idea what youre talking about, obviously.

Lol, it's clearly being held back by it being a cross-gen game.

Enjoy your inferior racing experience though.

#623 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

I enjoyed reading the lem melt downs in this thread.

#624 Posted by xhawk27 (10384 posts) -

It's not going to have Forza 5 physics.

#625 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: Though not the same I knew that Driveclub would be competing with Project Cars which is the most beautiful racer I have seen but more recent videos and images show that Driveclub will deliver for sure. The only thing that I'm curious about is if they will be able to deliver with the handling of the cars. Otherwise I'm super excited and for the first time in my life I'm really into driving games. GT5 was ok to play but these days driving games are where it's at.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#626 Edited by slimdogmilionar (987 posts) -

I honestly don't understand how the weather system is labeled dynamic if you have to pick your conditions pre race. If a race is 1-3 minutes long and you pick to race in rainy weather then as soon as you start the race your rain is on a time limit right. RIGHT. In Forza you have NO CONTROLover the particles in the atmosphere AT ALL and it's open world with better physics. Title should be changed to simply Driveclub's Weather system. But then again I guess when you look at it DC weather partially falls in the definition of dynamic it's just not random dynamic weather.

#628 Posted by slimdogmilionar (987 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

LOL. Wrong wrong wrong!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/08/first-look-driveclubs-dynamic-weather-in-action/

"You can expect it to change dynamically and unpredictably while you race — because we've designed it to be just like real weather systems," said Perkins. "Lots of things play into this, like elevation, wind speed and temperature. Spots of rain can become torrential downpours or transition into blizzards, quickly or slowly, and when the clouds clear up the tracks will dry out too. So if you’re in Norway, for example, you’ll face heavier snow when you’re racing atop the mountains and much lighter snow or sleet when you descend to a lower altitude. Lots of things play into this, like elevation, wind speed and temperature. We can even adjust all the way to zero visibility conditions too – the only limit will be the need to balance things for fun and usability."

How customizable will the weather be?

Alex Perkins: "We want you to be able to create epic races that you want to share with your friends because they took your breath away. Just like we do with time of day, skies and time lapse speed, we’re going to add lots of options for you to be able to adjust how the weather plays out in your challenges. We don’t want to just offer fixed settings for “rain” or “snow,” we want it to be dynamic and exciting. We’re still working on how best to present this to you and we’ll show more closer to launch."

All of the earth atmosphere thing has been done in DriveClub only far more detailed. It has BY FAR more attention to detail than FH2. FACT. To dispute this is futile. DriveClub is by far the most detailed racer to ever be created thus far.

"You can expect it to change dynamically and unpredictably while you race - How is it unpredictable if you pick your weather conditions? riddle me that.

How long is your average race? 1-3 minutes max this is not Forza where you are racing across a whole country there are only 55 Tracks in DC. How much weather effects can you fit in 1-3 minute races, how can it snow in 1-3 minutes then dry up, same for rain. DC Beginning of race clear skies, 2 minute mark downpour, end of race clear skies again. Forza skies change color depending on time of day, weather not dictated by length of race because when you are done racing it's still raining or snowing in the world

How customizable will the weather be? HE said the weather was unpredictable in the first paragraph then went on to describe how customizable the weather will be - "We want you to be able to create epic races that you want to share with your friends because they took your breath away. Just like we do with time of day, skies and time lapse speed, we’re going to add lots of options for you to be able to adjust how the weather plays out in your challenges."

All of the earth atmosphere thing has been done in DriveClub only far more detailed. It has BY FAR more attention to detail than FH2. FACT. To dispute this is futile. DriveClub is by far the most detailed racer to ever be created thus far.

You should go look at Forza's weather system before you say that, Forza actually has a persistent working model of Earth's atmosphere, we've already seen sun shower's, rainbow's, and different sky color's from Forza. Not too mention with a working atmosphere model, the atmosphere will be different in the Alps from what you see when you racing on the rocky coastline of the Mediterranean. It's time to admit that the only thing DC has going for it is visuals and Forza has everything else including Italy and France.

#630 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

LOL. Wrong wrong wrong!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/08/first-look-driveclubs-dynamic-weather-in-action/

"You can expect it to change dynamically and unpredictably while you race — because we've designed it to be just like real weather systems," said Perkins. "Lots of things play into this, like elevation, wind speed and temperature. Spots of rain can become torrential downpours or transition into blizzards, quickly or slowly, and when the clouds clear up the tracks will dry out too. So if you’re in Norway, for example, you’ll face heavier snow when you’re racing atop the mountains and much lighter snow or sleet when you descend to a lower altitude. Lots of things play into this, like elevation, wind speed and temperature. We can even adjust all the way to zero visibility conditions too – the only limit will be the need to balance things for fun and usability."

How customizable will the weather be?

Alex Perkins: "We want you to be able to create epic races that you want to share with your friends because they took your breath away. Just like we do with time of day, skies and time lapse speed, we’re going to add lots of options for you to be able to adjust how the weather plays out in your challenges. We don’t want to just offer fixed settings for “rain” or “snow,” we want it to be dynamic and exciting. We’re still working on how best to present this to you and we’ll show more closer to launch."

"You can expect it to change dynamically and unpredictably while you race - How is it unpredictable if you pick your weather conditions? riddle me that.

How long is your average race? 1-3 minutes max this is not Forza where you are racing across a whole country there are only 55 Tracks in DC. How much weather effects can you fit in 1-3 minute races, how can it snow in 1-3 minutes then dry up, same for rain. DC Beginning of race clear skies, 2 minute mark downpour, end of race clear skies again. Forza skies change color depending on time of day, weather not dictated by length of race because when you are done racing it's still raining or snowing in the world

How customizable will the weather be? HE said the weather was unpredictable in the first paragraph then went on to describe how customizable the weather will be - "We want you to be able to create epic races that you want to share with your friends because they took your breath away. Just like we do with time of day, skies and time lapse speed, we’re going to add lots of options for you to be able to adjust how the weather plays out in your challenges."

You should go look at Forza's weather system before you say that, Forza actually has a persistent working model of Earth's atmosphere, we've already seen sun shower's, rainbow's, and different sky color's from Forza. Not too mention with a working atmosphere model, the atmosphere will be different in the Alps from what you see when you racing on the rocky coastline of the Mediterranean. It's time to admit that the only thing DC has going for it is visuals and Forza has everything else including Italy and France.

Did you catch what he said? He said that you can either choose your weather, or have it be dynamic. You don't seem to grasp that DriveClub has a lot of options to speed up time cycles and have any time of day for your races. You can have it in real time where the weather changes whenever it feels, or fixed. There are OPTIONS.

We will see how these games will be. Why are lems hating on DC and saying that it's fact that it will be a bad game? Just wait for the release ffs. They are totally different games really. One is more like PGR, and the other is more like NFS Rivals but on a bigger scale.

"Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws."

#634 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

You're doing it, not I.

What am I doing? Something tells me you didn't read my post past the first sentence.

You have shilled this entire thread. Hey man no harm no foul. There is a limit to loyalty though?

You have no limits. You either receive royalties, or you just love the, Sony can do no wrong mantra?

Read the white knighting you type. No negative opinion will slide through the cracks on your watch.

Something is not right here? Smells fishy. If anything even remotely negative is posted you're on it like stink on shit.

The proof is in this thread. Read it.

#636 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

You're doing it, not I.

What am I doing? Something tells me you didn't read my post past the first sentence.

You have shilled this entire thread. Hey man no harm no foul. There is a limit to loyalty though?

You have no limits. You either receive royalties, or you just love the, Sony can do no wrong mantra?

Read the white knighting you type. No negative opinion will slide through the cracks on your watch.

Something is not right here? Smells fishy. If anything even remotely negative is posted your on it like stink on shit.

If you are talking about those comments below, that was me messin on haha.

@scottpsfan14 said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. DriveClub is going to be pure euphoria the whole damn time!!

Exclusive to the PlayStation 4!!

But I get ya, I am just saying about the weather system is all. I said the gameplay will be good, you said it will be mediocre as if it was written in the stone. Have you played it? fact is, you don't really know. You came to this thread to troll and you kept relentlessly doing it. Not knowing when to give it a rest. Then you say it's a 'Shill' because I say DC won't be shit. As if it's fact that it will be. You are the one making facts from your own conjecture. You really don't have a clue. And the worst part is, you can't argue with you because you derail the fucking conversation. So I suggest you just stop coming on here because right about now, you have been melting down daily.

If you thought that bx4's quote was anything other than him being a rabid fanboy lashing out at you for not praising something on his preferred platform (xbox1) over something else than you have given this fool waaaaaay too much credit.

He originally used that "shill" argument/quote against lostrib...LOSTRIB god sakes, because he said something that wasn't in favor of xbox.

We both know that lostrib is anything but a sony fanboy as he has argued against sony fans in the majority of his posts. However this bx4 guy called lostrib a shill because he took one instance to point out where PS4 was better than xbox one at something.

Xb4 is the highest caliber of rabid fanboy and for him to even attempt to use that shill quote against another poster is the biggest joke I have seen in a while. Don't bother taking any of his arguments about anything related to Sony vs xbox seriously because he is completely blind to anything but hearing someone say xbox one is the best.

#637 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

You're doing it, not I.

Something is not right here? Smells fishy. If anything even remotely negative is posted your on it like stink on shit.

If you are talking about those comments below, that was me messin on haha.

@scottpsfan14 said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. DriveClub is going to be pure euphoria the whole damn time!!

Exclusive to the PlayStation 4!!

But I get ya, I am just saying about the weather system is all. I said the gameplay will be good, you said it will be mediocre as if it was written in the stone. Have you played it? fact is, you don't really know. You came to this thread to troll and you kept relentlessly doing it. Not knowing when to give it a rest. Then you say it's a 'Shill' because I say DC won't be shit. As if it's fact that it will be. You are the one making facts from your own conjecture. You really don't have a clue. And the worst part is, you can't argue with you because you derail the fucking conversation. So I suggest you just stop coming on here because right about now, you have been melting down daily.

If you thought that bx4's quote was anything other than him being a rabid fanboy lashing out at you for not praising something on his preferred platform (xbox1) over something else than you have given this fool waaaaaay too much credit.

He originally used that "shill" argument/quote against lostrib...LOSTRIB god sakes, because he said something that wasn't in favor of xbox.

We both know that lostrib is anything but a sony fanboy as he has argued against sony fans in the majority of his posts. However this bx4 guy called lostrib a shill because he took one instance to point out where PS4 was better than xbox one at something.

Xb4 is the highest caliber of rabid fanboy and for him to even attempt to use that shill quote against another poster is the biggest joke I have seen in a while. Don't bother taking any of his arguments about anything related to Sony vs xbox seriously because he is completely blind to anything but hearing someone say xbox one is the best.

Show one post where I shill Curt Shilling? You are handbook 101 for being a shill.

You hype praise on anything Sony related. Never a negative thought. You are the definition of a Shill.

You would be banned first post off of GAF. You know this to be true.

You have zero objective thought when it comes to anything Sony related. You are a Sony shill. The true definition.

I bash Microsoft ALL the time son. Me and @lostrib were playing the game. You are the game joker.

You are transparent as glass. Look at your stupid shit all through this thread. In that gif of DriveClub. That car represented in the gif breaks in the pouring rain going 100+ mph in less than 20 feet... I quote you saying it was "realistic".

That's a shill my friend. Keep up the fight. In the end you will always lose. All shills lose. Time is your enemy.

#638 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

I got a notification I was mentioned...

#640 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib said:

#641 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

hahahaha LOL.

and fight still going ? i really should call the cops

#642 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib: Gee, I wonder who could have mentioned you in this thread XD

#643 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:
@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

hahahaha LOL.

and fight still going ? i really should call the cops

#644 Posted by slimdogmilionar (987 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Did you catch what he said? He said that you can either choose your weather, or have it be dynamic. You don't seem to grasp that DriveClub has a lot of options to speed up time cycles and have any time of day for your races. You can have it in real time where the weather changes whenever it feels, or fixed. There are OPTIONS.

We will see how these games will be. Why are lems hating on DC and saying that it's fact that it will be a bad game? Just wait for the release ffs. They are totally different games really. One is more like PGR, and the other is more like NFS Rivals but on a bigger scale.

Nope I did'nt catch that or read that in the article. What it sounds like to me is that you don't actually pick the weather but instead you simulate cloud cover and the game simulates what type of weather you will get when you are racing.

"The cloud cover and conditions you choose will dictate how much snow and rain will fall."

There are OPTIONS. I get that there are options and as soon as you set them your weather becomes prebaked. I suspect during campaign that you would not have control over the weather, but every DC player will have the same weather experience during campaign races which would make the game predictable. Fail, restart, prepare for incoming weather conditions. Forza not so much because players will be doing events on different days and times accordingly so every Forza race will be different for each player.

Why are cows hating on FH2? Most lems in this thread are just defending H2 while most of the cows are bashing it saying it has a less sophisticated weather system than DC which is BS. Technically, not visually, Forza is the better game it has way more going on than DC does and it does all of that while giving 100+ hours for full completion, the visuals are a not as good as DC but with all the content in the game this is to be expected. No one hates DC, I actually think DC looks pretty damn good, but after playing GT and Forza I like my cars to reward me for good driving and punish me for being too reckless it's what makes the game fun, I save the road hugging for games like Mod Nation Racers or MK.

#645 Posted by slimdogmilionar (987 posts) -

@lostrib said:

lol lostrib never fails to make me chuckle with his posts.