Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@PAL360:

Eh, just a little messing around with ya PAL. :)

Well, just a Little. lol :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#52 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@SecretPolice: lol i do respect you as a poster SP, but i know where you come from :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@SecretPolice: Fake news in lemming-speak = anything positive about anything involving Sony.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

Some people are truly on perpetual meltdown mode.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@subspecies:

Fake news in Moo, Moo-speak = anything positive about anything involving MS/Xbox :P.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

How long has this "game" been in development? Mm's output this gen has been pathetic compared to last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

This is the one exclusive Cows should be excited about. I really hope this game does well. More games like Dreams and fewer movie games please!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: What lol, the success of LBP was entirely because of its content creation.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@i_p_daily: So 'i have a boner' for Dreams because made a thread about it and think it has a huge potential? Buddy, people do that here every minute about the most banal games lol And no offence, but who are you to decide what other people want to play?

I do think Dreams will be important to this industry, but i DON'T think it will be a huge success. That's exactly the reason why i gave relevance to this game informer review.

By the way, The Guardian just called it a 'genuine revolution' ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/may/23/dreams-becomes-reality-the-game-that-can-make-an-artist-out-of-anyone?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR0Z1xWdhETJzOBKFPlwbSRMR9MqCrUthbqX175EeJQ-zxbOP3WEhkpilsg#Echobox=1558602459

Read the bold and then think about it....now where did I say that I decide what people play? and secondly you say it won't be a huge success, so thanks for proving my point that people buy games to play them not make them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#60 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@vfighter: Your statement is factually not true because you are trying to arguing 100% (entirely) of people that purchased LBP purchased it for its content creation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@subspecies:

Fake news in Moo, Moo-speak = anything positive about anything involving MS/Xbox :P.

How very anti-matter of you.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PAL360

@i_p_daily said:
@PAL360 said:

@i_p_daily: So 'i have a boner' for Dreams because made a thread about it and think it has a huge potential? Buddy, people do that here every minute about the most banal games lol And no offence, but who are you to decide what other people want to play?

I do think Dreams will be important to this industry, but i DON'T think it will be a huge success. That's exactly the reason why i gave relevance to this game informer review.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/may/23/dreams-becomes-reality-the-game-that-can-make-an-artist-out-of-anyone?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR0Z1xWdhETJzOBKFPlwbSRMR9MqCrUthbqX175EeJQ-zxbOP3WEhkpilsg#Echobox=1558602459

Read the bold and then think about it....now where did I say that I decide what people play? and secondly you say it won't be a huge success, so thanks for proving my point that people buy games to play them not make them.

''I hate to break it to you but people buy games to play them not make them.'' Your words....or did you have a black out?

I said i'm aware that it's not a mainstream game, so it will need help from the media. Not being a huge success doesn't mean it has to fail. 90k people bought the early access with close to no advertizing, so yeah (again), while it will not do any where as good as games like GoW or Uncharted, i do believe (and hope) it ends up doing fairily well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#63 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Honestly I would give it a 4/10.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@phbz said:

Honestly I would give it a 4/10.

You played it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@mazuiface: Yes, around 30h. In my opinion needs a lot of improvements. Which is fine being on "early access", but overall I can't give it a positive appreciation as it is.

Pretty sure people will manage to make cool things with it. But some people build incredible things with matches too, it doesn't mean it's a good building set.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Just wanted to say.....I am fucking blind.

Good for Dreams though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@Pedro said:

@vfighter: Your statement is factually not true because you are trying to arguing 100% (entirely) of people that purchased LBP purchased it for its content creation.

I bought the first two LBP games and the create part was by far my least favorite/attended part of the game. LBP in general is an incredibly mediocre game by platforming standards, and the only thing going for it was its style.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

@jaydan said:

I bought the first two LBP games and the create part was by far my least favorite/attended part of the game. LBP in general is an incredibly mediocre game by platforming standards, and the only thing going for it was its style.

I can agree that a huge attraction for me was the charm.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jaydan
@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

I can agree that a huge attraction for me was the charm.

It had good music in it and a quirky sense of style. I can't even say the create part was particularly good. It had a lot of issues that led to cumbersome frustrations, and you had to endure a text book's worth of tutorials before having every tool at your disposal. It just was not fun.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro

@jaydan said:

It had good music in it and a quirky sense of style. I can't even say the create part was particularly good. It had a lot of issues that led to cumbersome frustrations, and you had to endure a text book's worth of tutorials before having every tool at your disposal. It just was not fun.

This is why I don't think Dreams is going to revolutionize or click with gamers as a whole. Some folks here are ignoring the fact that most gamers want to just play games not make or learn how to.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jaydan
@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

This is why I don't think Dreams is going to revolutionize or click with gamers as a whole. Some folks here are ignoring the fact that most gamers want to just play games not make or learn how to.

Is LBP even relevant these days? A good platformer will transcend the times but I'd be hard-pressed to believe anyone still actively plays this series. It is lost in a capsule from the PS3 era. It's a real testament to how mediocre it really was.

When a good platformer comes to the table, I don't ever hear people comparing it to LBP as much as other successful platformers. The only reason why LBP is being discussed now is because it's the same developer.

In my opinion, Dreams will hit the same league as Playstation Home. Playstation Home was a fun temporary social simulator that a lot of people surely killed many hours in, but after a while its limitations will leave people desiring something more gameplay-centric than just standing and walking around.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@PAL360 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@PAL360 said:

''I hate to break it to you but people buy games to play them not make them.'' Your words....or did you have a black out?

I said i'm aware that it's not a mainstream game, so it will need help from the media. Not being a huge success doesn't mean it has to fail. 90k people bought the early access with close to no advertizing, so yeah (again), while it will not do any where as good as games like GoW or Uncharted, i do believe (and hope) it ends up doing fairily well.

Me stating that people buy games to play them is not me telling people what to do, can you not tell the difference between the two???

90k sounds impressive until the reality of how many PS4's sold sets in.

I hope you enjoying the creation tools (lets not call it a game) and you build something that you like to play, but reign it in with all revolutionizing shit because you sound like a mad man.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Not my jam, and the creation looks limited by their engine (i.e. recreations are severely hindered.) However, overall, this could be interesting for the people who like this sort of game. Hopefully it does well in more reviews.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Doesn't matter how well it scores, I know it is not for me. I was one of those who watched those Little Big Planet videos about creating levels and such going "that looks cool", but when it was my turn I straight up sucked at it, and user created levels sucked too. To this day any game I play with user created content turns out pretty shit, I am sure there is good stuff out there but I am not willing to play through countless pieces of shit just to find it. It is why I never bothered with Labo or Mario Maker and have no desire to play the next one either.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PAL360

@i_p_daily: True, you were not telling people what to do, you were telling me what you think people do.

And man seriously, i wonder who sounds more like a mad man. The guy who likes a game and wants it to succeed, or the guy who doesn't have interest on it, but still jump to threads just to remember fans that their opinion is wrong?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

it will be just like Project Spark and Roblox some neat stuff will be made in it but it will just fizzle out and fade away

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@PAL360: I get that you have a boner for this "game" (i use that term very loosely) but it won't have a big impact on the gaming industry or revolutionize it either.

Don't know who your dealer is but he sells you some good shit because you're in a fantasy land.

I hate to break it to you but people buy games to play them not make them.

MInecraft is about creation and is MS biggest IP,it may not be exactly like Dreams but people spend endless hours constructing crap on it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos: Minecraft is NOT about creating games but constructing and deconstructing worlds block by block. The are not comparable.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Calvincfb

People hating on dreams because it's being well received lol

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Calvincfb

@PAL360: that's what happens when people are starving for content.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pedro

@calvincfb said:

@PAL360: that's what happens when people are starving for content.

Yep! They charge you to make your own content aka Dreams. :)

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PAL360

@Pedro: You do know that we, creative people, do it for fun, right?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Pedro

@PAL360 said:

@Pedro: You do know that we, creative people, do it for fun, right?

Don't take my response to Sony fannies as an attack on your liking for the game.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PAL360

@Pedro: He may be the biggest fanboy, i don't know him, but he's right in this subject. Why do people spend time in threads about games they clearly don't care about?!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@PAL360: They do because this is the SW.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

I finally got to fiddle with Dreams yesterday and here's my experience. Dreams is what LBP3 should have been and this is coming from a guy who like LBP/2. Dreams has what it takes to be a silent hit but it's going to be a very long time to get this many attention due to being a Early Access. This game won't be for everyone who isn't into creating stuff but I find Dreams to be alot of fun then LBP in almost every way. I learned to use sculpt and made Ice cream cone. Using the DS4 controller is tricky, but once you get used to it, it's a walk in the park.

I don't recommend anyone buying Dreams unless you really have the time and patience to build stuff. Dreams is going to be around for a long time. Once the full game gets released, the game and character development are going to be amazing. Right now, its a race to release your best ideas before someone makes it similar to your designs, so it's why it needed to be Early Access. It's a race against time but please, take your time on your arts.

@i_p_daily said:

@PAL360: I get that you have a boner for this "game" (i use that term very loosely) but it won't have a big impact on the gaming industry or revolutionize it either.

Don't know who your dealer is but he sells you some good shit because you're in a fantasy land.

I hate to break it to you but people buy games to play them not make them.

Keep that comment to yourself!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: I will if you will, and even then my comment is still more relevant than yours.

And the fact remains most people buy games to play them not spend money to make them, talk about being taken for a ride lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@PAL360: You are the mad man, because you think this creation tool (its not a game) will revolutionize the industry, that's crazy talk.

Like i said to you before if you like it then more power to you, but stay off the drugs as this will not revolutionize nothing, except people may be able to recreate Sony's first party games from this gen but add what Sony forgot, gameplay lol.

Now that would be truly revolutionary :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: I will if you will, and even then my comment is still more relevant than yours.

And the fact remains most people buy games to play then not spend money to make them, talk about being taken for a ride lol.

What can I say, I'm all in for taking chances when it comes to creating something cool. Can you say the same for Super Mario Maker?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

And the fact remains most people buy games to play then not spend money to make them, talk about being taken for a ride lol.

What can I say, I'm all in for taking chances when it comes to creating something cool. Can you say the same for Super Mario Maker?

What does Mario have to do with this? Maybe you should go make a versus thread.

If you want to create games then go create them, I will be here just playing them :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DaVillain  Moderator
@i_p_daily said:

@PAL360: You are the mad man, because you think this creation tool (its not a game) will revolutionize the industry, that's crazy talk.

Like i said to you before if you like it then more power to you, but stay off the drugs as this will not revolutionize nothing, except people may be able to recreate Sony's first party games from this gen but add what Sony forgot, gameplay lol.

For once, I'm gonna agree with Daily on this one. I once thought the same thing about Little Big Planet or even Project Spark for that matter & that didn't happen so yeah. Dreams is basically LBP on steroids, this isn't revolutionary as Sony fans make it out to be but I for one find Dreams to be interesting to fiddle around with. So yeah, saying Dreams is revolutionary is a bit of a stretch. Dreams is more of a learning toy, and a very cool one at that. These kinds of editors are fun distractions, but ultimately, they're too restrictive compared to an engine and doing "your own" programming.

I'm just telling it like it is. The thing that I think will keep it from being a hit video game is it's going to be a bunch of freeware level junk made by amateurs, same as LBP. The creation part was great but as a video game, kinda of a low blow.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PAL360

@davillain-: It's almost impossible to explain Dreams to those who haven't tried it yet. Even harder if you aim at skepticals and haters!

As someone who has been messing with the tools for the last few months, i can say for a fact that it's not like anything you have seen so far. It's not a game with a creation engine in it, or an engine with a campaign mode. It's a social network with fun to use tools for people who like to create and share music, video, paintings, sculptures, games, etc. It may or may not end up being popular, but it's factually a damn impressive and ambicious piece of software.

I have been called mad for saying that Dreams will have impact in this industry. Basically for saying what you guys will be reading left and right from the media in the upcoming months. It will be fun :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

For once, I'm gonna agree with Daily on this one. I once thought the same thing about Little Big Planet or even Project Spark for that matter & that didn't happen so yeah. Dreams is basically LBP on steroids, this isn't revolutionary as Sony fans make it out to be but I for one find Dreams to be interesting to fiddle around with. So yeah, saying Dreams is revolutionary is a bit of a stretch. Dreams is more of a learning toy, and a very cool one at that. These kinds of editors are fun distractions, but ultimately, they're too restrictive compared to an engine and doing "your own" programming.

I'm just telling it like it is. The thing that I think will keep it from being a hit video game is it's going to be a bunch of freeware level junk made by amateurs, same as LBP. The creation part was great but as a video game, kinda of a low blow.

That would have to be the smartest thing I have ever seen you post on here (has someone hacked your account, I kid lol)

See pal360 is emotionally invested in this game and that's why he's posting all these things that are just not true.

All I said is that it won't be revolutionary or change the industry, but he sees it as a personal attack, instead of a reality check. I even said if he enjoys it then more power to him, but let's keep it real.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Seems a bit bizarre the reactions to this game. None of the Sony lot are hyping it at all but other fans seem determined to act like it's a huge deal to everyone that will flop hard. But it doesn't look like it will, and still Sony fans don't seem to care either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

As someone who also makes music as an hobby the DAW on this game is absolutely awful.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@phbz said:

As someone who also makes music as an hobby the DAW on this game is absolutely awful.

Is it as good as FL studio?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@jeezers: It's worst than anything you can imagine because of the way they make you interact with it.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@phbz: uggggh doesnt sound good lol

it would be cool if they let you import mp3s for sound, I havnt tried it yet, so maybe thats an option?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@jeezers: I don't believe there's the option, it's understandable due to copy rights. If they gave the option to connect a midi keyboard would be a great improvement. Or maybe make a partnership with Korg since they already developed some software for consoles. I don't know, anything really.