Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

UPDATE:

All Five Episodes are out. You can now get the entire package at once.

Original:

Eurogamer States:

The final episode of Dreamfall Chapters, Book Five: Redux, will be released 17th June. A stirring teaser trailer was released that shows a montage of scenes from the game.

From 17th June, then, the full Dreamfall Chapters series will be available. This began a year-and-a-half ago with the launch of Book One: Reborn. We wrote a review for Book One: Reborn but haven't reviewed the other episodes - we preferred to wait for the series to finish and play the whole thing.

The Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass, which includes all episodes, is currently heavily discounted on GOG.com, down two thirds to $11.49. You can also unlock the game for free by spending around $30 on other stuff in the GOG.com summer sale - it's all part of some XP system. On Steam the game is £23.99. You can't buy episodes separately.

Dreamfall Chapters was what The Longest Journey creator Ragnar Tornquist did next when he left Funcom and The Secret World MMO he'd led development on. He started a new studio called Red Thread Games and Kickstarted Dreamfall Chapters. Red Thread is also working on a horror game called Draugen.

Dreamfall Chapters was announced for PS4 but there's no solid release date for that version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-10-final-dreamfall-chapters-episode-gets-a-release-date

It's time for me to finally pick up the entire package. Can't wait. I picked up the first episode and loved it but it had issues due to Unity 4 engine, so I didn't play other episodes. Since then these issues have been resolved, the game is ported to Unity 5 and now the entire game is coming out on June 17 on PCs. PS4 version will be available sometime in the future.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#2 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I backed this at the $120 tier because I enjoyed the original so much. Come June 17 I'll finally be able to play it. I've been waiting until it was complete before getting started.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Lovely, sooner than I expected! Zoe Through the Looking Glass in Dreamfall. :D

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I backed this one on Kickstarter. APRIL RYAN BEST GIRL D:

I completed the 1st episode even though I planned to play it all once it's all out. I was just dying to at least get a taste of some continuation after the rage inducing cliffhanger of Dreamfall.

I'm gonna restart from scratch. I made a choice at the end of the episode that I want to back out of after I refreshed myself on the ending of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

This might be the game I'll play next once I'm done with Fire Emblem: CQ.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Awesome. Been waiting for the final chapter before buying. Might go ahead and get it during the GOG sale.

Avatar image for tsuingosuto1985
tsuingosuto1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6 tsuingosuto1985
Member since 2014 • 151 Posts

Well i was so annoyed i never played the earlier games, i wont lie i had not heard of it, but after just an hour of this game i had to stop and go search out the previous games before i got TOO into it and missed out because i thought "book 5 what have i missed out on" but that was all down to me haha, amazing game so far so well put together nicely written great music great atmosphere, i think im going to enjoy this start to finish..

i even found a princess leia easter egg on the wall (comes up in part 3 of my walkthrough) gets an extra point for that alone so 11/10 so far for me cant imagine im going to come across much disappointment in this game.

Dreamfall Chapters REDUX walkthrough

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44644 Posts

I played but never finished the last two games. I'd probably want to finish those before jumping on this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts

I got this free off GOG. Haven't played the first two though, seems pretty pointless to start on this one.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

TLJ and Dreamfall were awesome, enjoyed them both. Very immersive worlds and compelling. But hesitant to get the new DF chapters coz I heard they werent very good. I might get them eventually though coz I think its something my girl will like alot.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By madrocketeer
@mirgamer said:

TLJ and Dreamfall were awesome, enjoyed them both. Very immersive worlds and compelling. But hesitant to get the new DF chapters coz I heard they werent very good. I might get them eventually though coz I think its something my girl will like alot.

Well, let's be honest, Dreamfall wasn't very much of a game; more like an interactive novel, asking you to simply lose yourself in the story and the music rather than offering any gameplay. The puzzles were also very basic, again, most likely intentional to keep the story going. I've just finished Book 1, and I can say that so far, it has very faithfully continued this design philosophy.

Also, Book 1 was rather short and ended very abruptly for me, with one objective left unresolved. Still, I guess that's why I waited for all the episodes. Overall, I like it so far - a very nice slow and relaxing change of pace from Total War: Warhammer; the other game I've been playing lately.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

I've played all of the episodes except for the final episode, which is apparently the finale of the entire Longest Journey saga.

It's...a difficult game to recommend. The highs are as good as anything in the series, and they did a great job with the choices and consequences - but there is an awful lot of wheel-spinning, and it seems like most of the story happens in the last few episodes.

It's definitely worth playing for fans of the series, but it's a slow burn. I've been hooked from start to finish, but I could just as easily call it a tedious crawl with occasional moments of greatness.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Good , finally I can play it

DarkrecoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarkrecoN
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

Wasn't this meant to come to wiiu and xbox one

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Can I skip Dreamfall and just play this game? I played the original The Longest Journey but I couldn't get into Dreamfall at all.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#15 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@darkrecon said:

Wasn't this meant to come to wiiu and xbox one

Wii U version is canceled. I have no idea whether it's coming out on Xbox One or not. PS4 version will come out at some point though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25011 Posts

so is this another boring point and click adventure game? or it is different?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By madrocketeer

@ghosts4ever:

More like "move around and look at stuff" adventure games. And the focus on story and narrative is so absolute they are not so much games but more like interactive novels. Like I said, the Dreamfall games aren't for everyone.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25011 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

@ghosts4ever:

More like "move around and look at stuff" adventure games. And the focus on story and narrative is so absolute they are not so much games but more like interactive novels. Like I said, the Dreamfall games aren't for everyone.

well i dont like these type of stories (detective solving dreams) so pretty much to me a waste of time.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By madrocketeer

@ghosts4ever:

Actually, the only "detective solving dreams" stuff I've encountered so far happened at the beginning of Chapter 1 of Dreamfall Chapters. That is, out of both games.

The rest of the games dealt with magic versus science, faith and religion, and big global conspiracies that effect multiple worlds. The world building is top notch, and both Stark and Arcadia are beautiful and interesting.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

I played 4 out of the 5 episodes, but it has been mamy years since I played the original dreamfall and the longest journey so im going to play through the lot from the very beginning, a refresh of the story would help.

Im looking forward to going back to what I always considered one of the best adventures ever made (longest journey)

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14943 Posts

Easily whips Telltale games.

Other than Life is Strange, easily the best episodic adventure.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14943 Posts

@mirgamer said:

Dreamfall Chapters is excellent, better than Dreamfall, which ended on a cliffhanger. In fact, it makes Dreamfall better.

It even makes The Longest Journey better as Aprils actions in that game effects the plot here.

@Planeforger said:

I've played all of the episodes except for the final episode, which is apparently the finale of the entire Longest Journey saga.

It's...a difficult game to recommend. The highs are as good as anything in the series, and they did a great job with the choices and consequences - but there is an awful lot of wheel-spinning, and it seems like most of the story happens in the last few episodes.

It's definitely worth playing for fans of the series, but it's a slow burn. I've been hooked from start to finish, but I could just as easily call it a tedious crawl with occasional moments of greatness.

The Stark storyline is mostly Books 1-3, it isn't spinning its wheels. The Europolis storyline is fast paced and tight, and most of the Stark storyline is concluded in Book 3. Kian's rebellion storyline is more drawn out, taking the entire game. Book 4 changes the direction of Zoe's story.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#23 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

RIP the reputation of this game on this forum now that TGR co-signed on it lol.