DreamcastGuy finally speaks on Crackdown 3's latest build. Dispels major myths being spread about the game!

• 136 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@boxrekt: Wow. You really want this game to be bad, huh?

Unfortunately for you, what I want has nothing to do with the state this game is currently in.

What I want is for this game to have been cancelled instead of Scalebound. That want is long past and now we are left with this firedumpster.

This game being bad is just a reality. You can want this game to be the best thing ever or not care if the game existed at all, none of that will stop it from being what it actually is

Loading Video...

a disaster.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#102 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

Yeah the game really does look awful. They need to cut their losses and release the game ASAP. I'm sure it will be a huge relief for the devs to be done with it.

It comes out in 2 weeks...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BoxRekt

@juarbles said:

I'm confused Xbox fanboys say there's no hype and yet they defend the game as if it were their best exclusive for the year... oh wait XD

lemmings are a confusing bunch of hive mind fanboys.

When The Order 1886 was getting ripped apart prior to review other than graphics, Sony fans didn't try to defend or hype it in any way from it's criticism.

These xbox fanboys, on the other hand, defend EVERY aspect of this game that has been criticized tooth and nail as if it was their 1st born child, but then they won't dare confidently hype it with the same energy they defend it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I guess we now finally know why MS had to make a third iteration of the XBone... They knew the Cloud was a scam from the jump and wanted their own way out of the power debate even though they were the ones who promised console power via "Cloud" in the first place. Man, **** these clowns.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@juarbles said:

I'm confused Xbox fanboys say there's no hype and yet they defend the game as if it were their best exclusive for the year... oh wait XD

When The Order 1886 was getting ripped apart prior to review other than graphics, Sony fans didn't try to defend or hype it in any way from it's criticism.

These xbox fanboys, on the other hand, defend EVERY aspect of this game that has been criticized tooth and nail as if it was their 1st born child, but then they won't dare confidently hype it with the same energy they defend it.

The Order flopped...i.e. didn't meet the hype set for it

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

This is sad lol

Loading Video...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Oh noes! How am I going to sleep at night?

Spoiler: Just fine.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts
@boxrekt said:

Well, that's a blatant lie.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@The_Stand_In said:
@boxrekt said:

Well, that's a blatant lie.

Is it? I remember graphics hype, but that was it.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

ReviewTechUSA is awesome...

I knew Days Gone was going to be shit... was uncertain on this one but now I am sure it’s garbage. Oh well saves me money.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@juarbles said:
@ipex said:
@son-goku7523 said:

This is sad lol

Loading Video...

No it's not, you have a video with context stripped from one side. On the right a video compilation where the player is specifically focused on damaging structures and on the left someone simply playing the game not focusing on destruction.

It's easy to push a crappy narrative when you cherry pick.

XD if you don't see the obvious difference in destruction implementation in those two videos then you're a blind fanboy. In Red Faction the buildings and physics feel real not empty cardboard boxes like on Crackdown. Practically everyone who has played that game has pointed that out, the only ones who keep defending the indefensible are blind fanboys like you.

Yes, it's not just the physics that are superior, the pieces and fragments are also superior and more realistic in Red Faction. Crackdown's fragments look geometric and flat almost like Lego pieces falling apart. Even the holes made in walls are geometric and flat in Crackdown 3. It's one of the things IGN's preview was complaining about. It's incredible that they worked on this game for 5 years and still couldn't get the destruction looking more realistic than a last-gen game.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@juarbles said:

what part of:

"other than graphics, Sony fans didn't try to defend or hype it in any way from it's criticism."

is confusing to you?

The game being worse than people expected doesn't change what I said.

Sony fans aren't cowards when defending their games like I see these xbox fanboys are. There are multiple threads with xbox fans going to war fighting for Crackdown 3's honor but then turn around and say they expect a score of 6 or 7.

That doesn't add up.

Me, I defend Dreams and defend it's honor against haters who call it a shitty generic creation tool, but I openly hype it a 2019's GOTY and AAA without hesitation.

There's no 2 ways around it. If sony fans hype a game they don't half way hype it, they hype it all the way.

Xbox fanboys even bashed Spiderman but when Sony fans stood behind it and defended it against the criticism, they didn't turn around and low ball expectations, it was 8.0 or higher.

What was the hype expected for this The Order? If it's anything less than an 8.0 then it wasn't hyped by Sony fans period.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

I'm a Lemming 100% and I agree that Crackdown 3 looks like hawt doo doo. But I didn't care for the first 2 games either, sooo yeah..

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

FINALLY!

The world can breath again.

Average game is average. Shock.

I figured out this CD3 obsession.

It's just another manufactured Sony vs MS thread for people who can only talk in argument form.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BoxRekt

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I'm stealing this

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Because it's on Game Pass?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BoxRekt

@davillain-: But they didn't even defend State of Decay 2 this hard and it's also on GP.

There must be a special place in xbox fan's heart for Crackdown 3 because it's not adding up.

This was the first major game MS showed off for Xbox one during it's launch, the game Phil Spencer cancelled Scalebound for and the game that supposed to validate MS's cloud power.

Those factors could be the reason xbox fans are so sensitive about defending this train wreck of a game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@boxrekt said:

@davillain-: But they didn't even defend State of Decay 2 this hard and it's also on GP.

There must be a special place in xbox fan's heart for Crackdown 3 because it's not adding up.

This was the first major game MS showed off for Xbox one during it's launch, the game Phil Spencer cancelled Scalebound for and the game that supposed to validate MS's cloud power.

Those factors could be the reason xbox fans are so sensitive about defending this train wreck of a game.

Yeah, Game Pass will be the only reason most people will even bother with this game, it probably should've been cancelled long ago. It'll join the ranks of games like sea of Thieves, State of Decay, and ReCore as games that people try out and quickly drop and move on from. MS really needs to get their shit together with their exclusives going into next-gen Xbox Scarlet.

I don't wanna see it failed mind you, but you gotta admire the dedication of Lems defending this game no matter how trash it looks. Fallout 76 2.0 incoming!

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@jackamomo: i would say the game is looking like it’s below average. Average for Xbox titles is 60-65%. This looks like a 5/10

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 BenjaminBanklin
@ipex said:

What's happening is simple, you guys are laying into the game on strange and borderline psychotic levels when it's not even being hyped, hell most expect it to underperform greatly. Your responses and damage control level posting make it seem like people are hyping this game to be a 9 or 10 when in reality most expect a 4 to 7. Worse than that you're spreading misinformation, lying and intentionally trying to mislead people about the game with incorrect information.

The point is your actions don't coincide with the level of interest in the product or its quality. You're responding and behaving like this was the next Halo or Gears game, like it's your mission to make the game look bad. The game already looks bad, but you guys lack any kind of self-awareness to read between the lines.

The fact that you have to lie and misinform people about Crackdown 3 is hilarious, you're trying to make a bad game look bad with a bunch of half-truths and petulant lies when it's doing all the work of looking bad already by simply existing.

You guys are terrible posters, you lack self-control and don't know how to pick your battles. This game wasn't the one, chief.

So we shouldn't talk about a bad game looking bad. Especially one that's been in development so long? MS hyped this game, not us. The power of the cloud and all that. There's the extra sting that a potentially good game got canned while this one got finished only because MS didn't want any more bad PR for cancelling games. This is a lesson to not make such lofty promises you know damn well you can't follow through with. You must be one of those people that bought Fallout 76.

Microsoft will have better games coming out. No need to circle the wagons around this one.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BenjaminBanklin
@ipex said:

People are free to do what they will but no one should stand for lying and the spread of false information regardless of how good or bad the game is. Saying the cloud destruction has been removed? That's a lie, the guy is flagrantly lying about aspects of the game and spamming it, no one should stand for or back that behavior.

Microsoft themselves started the deception when this game turned out nothing like the product they demoed, nobody owes them that decorum. They turned out a production that does the bare minimum of what they said because only in their minds, it looks like less of a lie. The wildfire is already spreading throughout Youtube and social media. This is a cat they can't put back in the bag. MS chose to press forward with this, so they really only have themselves to blame. Anyone that's still standing behind them after all that is complicit in the bullshit.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BenjaminBanklin
@ipex said:

What deception? You guys are twisted and don't pay attention enough to even talk about this game. The company that was responsible for all the cloud based systems and destruction was bought out by Epic during this games development. That was proprietary technology that they took with them, Microsoft had to essentially restart development.

You're clueless.

No, you're clueless. Just because Cloudgine was acquired by Epic, doesn't mean Sumo Digital was left in the dust. From Wikipedia...

... Cloudgine was there to help support cloud computing, with Reagent established as a consulting firm to allow Jones to help Sumo determine the direction to take Crackdown 3. Jones did not believe there was any stumbling blocks due with Cloudgine, Reagent, or himself leaving the development at that point, since they had done what they had needed for cloud computing support, and considered that now, "it's just the technology stack, it's pretty straightforward" for Sumo to complete

This is the case of a project being taken on and biting off more than they could chew before settling for a basic, less intensive version of a workable product.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: it’s unbelievable how hard lemmings defend their precious MS. It’s only the gamers who get burned in the end with these shitty products. Why don’t they Hold their feet to the fire, ever??

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5b42c140ac3
deactivated-5c5b42c140ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5c5b42c140ac3
Member since 2019 • 9 Posts

meh

Avatar image for deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
deactivated-5fac80ec445f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
Member since 2017 • 155 Posts

I can't believe how many shills there are on the GS forums. We all know xbox is dead and crackdown sucks, who do you think you're kidding?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@juarbles said:

what part of:

"other than graphics, Sony fans didn't try to defend or hype it in any way from it's criticism."

is confusing to you?

it wasn't confusing

Just pointing out that the game failed to meet the hype set for it

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Man you guys must hate this game with a passion, why is that?

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

I definitely don’t listen to people who form opinions on video games from other people’s experiences.

Let’s wait for official reviews, even though we all know they will be poor

Isn't this a catch 22?

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Sony fans up in arms probably because their movie is over and there is nothing better to do.