DreamcastGuy finally speaks on Crackdown 3's latest build. Dispels major myths being spread about the game!

• 136 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@ipex said:
@boxrekt said:

@ipex: lol sorry dude 21:25 - 21:40 is FACT

Loading Video...

You can't spin video evidence shown in game.

It also SHOWS what was originally promised from 2014, you're sounding like a lunatic here, just accept your L and move on MS employee.

You can't damage control this!

My god you have issues.

The destruction isn't "pre-rendered" (the guy isn't even using that word correctly) and it is 100% realtime. Those are geometric break points, yes it's not as advanced as its conceptual showing in 2015 but it still functions under the same physical principles. The company who was developing that destruction model were purchased by Epic.

To add to this it's still using cloud computing via Azure to handle the mathematical load created by large scale physics calculations as a result of the destruction model. Thst has not changed, you're peddling nonsense trying to expose some lie where there is none.

You need to dial back the fanboy vitriol.

Sorry dood, you're the one who is talking like a fanboy in total damage control mode.

There is no defending this.

I'm amazed you're still sitting here trying to perpetuate this lie when video proof has debunked all of the Crackdown 3 propaganda and exposed people like you who were desperately trying to lie to people with misinformation.

Everything you're claiming in the bold part was REMOVED! The video proves NONE of that exists as was advertised by MS and Crackdown 3 developers.

And yes was "pre-rendered" can be acceptable in this case because they ALREADY rendered the chunks to be broken off BEFORE any damage was casued, so saying PRE-RENDERED is acceptable!

You also contradict yourself by admitting that the destruction has pre-calculated breaking points.

"Those are geometric break points, yes"

THAT MEANS there are 0 calculations being done to process the actual destruction genius!

Cloud Power!

L

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#53 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Much logics!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

How does someone get so threatened by a game? Wonder if this anything to do with it not coming out on PS4?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

@ipex:

Wasted key strokes IMO but I applaud you trying but he's not worth it...

The guy has had a severe case of XDS ( Xbox Derangement Syndrome ) for at least two gens now and it's only got more rabid and radical with time. Weird shyt I tellz ya. lol

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 michaelmikado
Member since 2019 • 406 Posts

@ipex said:

I'm defending anything, you're extremely misinformed, are spreading lies, misinformation and clearly lack the technical knowledge to carry on this conversation. It seems pretty obvious that your motivation is to get a lie to take hold and spread beyond this little forum post, that's nuts. That's also not video proof of anything, just as you saying something is a fact doesn't necessitate it is as being a fact, you can say whatever you want and it has no bearing on functioning reality.

The cloud destruction is still in effect, that has not changed, and all that has is the intricacy of the destruction model and how much it fractures. Pre-rendered was not the correct terminology because it has nothing to do with rendering, it's a geometric break point which severs based upon the function of physics, it's a metric of calculation. Whenever the geometry fractures there's calculations taking place which designate where and how much should break based upon interaction, it's velocity when breaking, how it travels through the air, how and where it will land and how it will interact with other aspects of the environment as it's breaking apart. That's all physics, that's all mathematical calculation.

You don't understand any of this. I'll say it for a third time, your posts are psycho babble.

That's how it should work, however everything shown so far appears to show the break points and velocity remain relatively constant which is indicative of a preset value rather than an actual physics calculation being performed. We won't know until the game is released and we can do comparisons, but it appears to be doing far far far few real-time physics calculations than advertised.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Damn! Delay after delay and this is what happened?? They better step it up big time next gen if they want my money!

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Crackdown 3 is in the unfortunate position of having to prove to folks that MS exclusives are on an upward trend.

Either way, I'm sure it'll do well on Gamepass and have an OK following.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Did dreamcast guy know that the cloud based destruction was only planned for Wrecking Zone and not the singleplayer? Man people going at lengths to spread crap. Just jealous that MS has a new tool up.its sleeve with the cloud based computing to aide in games. Red fraction doesnt have 10 people ripping a city apart and all happing in real time with all 10 players.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BoxRekt

@ipex said:

I'm defending anything, you're extremely misinformed, are spreading lies, misinformation and clearly lack the technical knowledge to carry on this conversation. It seems pretty obvious that your motivation is to get a lie to take hold and spread beyond this little forum post, that's nuts. That's also not video proof of anything, just as you saying something is a fact doesn't necessitate it is as being a fact, you can say whatever you want and it has no bearing on functioning reality.

The cloud destruction is still in effect, that has not changed

lol OMG, i love it. I haven't encountered this level of shill in a long time. What have I lied about? Video of Crackdown speaks for me.

This guy is literally a MS paid worker guys, I refuse to believe anyone is this blindly loyal or desperate so spread misinformation.

@ipex "The cloud destruction is still in effect, that has not changed"

@boxrekt said:

Stop lying

Loading Video...

At some points damage control just makes you look like a liar trying to spread misinformation.

This is one of those points. There is literally no defending this.

Crackdown's lack luster multiplayer is even limited to 5v5

Now compare it to PS3/Xbox360's

@boxrekt said:
Loading Video...

1:08 mark:

GS "All of the destruction in performed in real-time. Which means NO STRUCTURE COLLAPSES IN THE SAME WAY."

4:40 mark:

"The multiplayer...support up to 16 players online."

4:52 mark:

"All of the single player games destructibility adds another level of strategy to (online) matches"

So the videos aren't proof of anything?

LMFAO, you still trying to sell the cloud power lie.

Go ahead, damage control the FACTS in the videos away with your impressive mental

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@BigBadBully: You honestly think anyone is jealousof this?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BoxRekt

@Shewgenja said:

@BigBadBully: You honestly think anyone is jealousof this?

lol talks about

@BigBadBully said:

MS has a new tool up.its sleeve with the cloud based computing to aide in games. Red fractiondoesnt have 10 people ripping a city apart and all happing in real time with all 10 players.

You're right BigBadBully, Red Faction doesn't have 10 people ripping a city apart in real time, it actually has 16 people online ripping apart everything in an open world planet in real-time not a limited hub area with flat cardboard boxes.

Loading Video...

Oopse!

vs

Loading Video...

Crackdown 3's restricted online hub with giant empty boxes for buildings and pre-calculated destruction points.

How many L's do you xbox zealots want to take on this one? There is literally no defending this.

The smarter xbox fanboys are just being silent because they know this MS has been exposed for this lie and they're going be put on the spot when they defend this shit.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BoxRekt

@ipex:

Sorry, your lies won't get any traction here!

Talking about how everything is still the same when NOTHING works how they originally advertised.

How TF would you know everything works the same when everything shown is different? Are you a Crackdown 3 developer?

Go tell MS you couldn't fool the gamers on this board with your misinformation because we aren't stupid enough to keep believing in Santa Claus when we see mom sneaking into the living room hiding our presents.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts
@boxrekt said:

You really want to shut them up about that Cloud destruction argument? I'll give you the only evidence you'll ever need to expose the fanboys who defended and tried to validate that lie.

EVERY LIE ABOUT CRACKDOWN 3 EXPOSED!

Video start right at the breakdown.

• Exposes lie about procedural cloud damage (THE DAMAGE IS ACTUALLY PRE-CALCULATED)***
  • Exposes lie of physical based destruction (causes no damage)
  • Exposes lie of cloud computation for damage (last gen geometry)
  • Exposes lie of fully modeled buildings (empty boxes)
  • Exposes lie of persistent damage (debris disappearing)
  • Exposes lie of great gameplay (zero gameplay depth)
  • Exposes lie of a skill based gameplay (Lock on only gameplay)

Shit if funny how all the defenses used to bash people who spoke out about these lies are ALL exposed here in a single video with visual proof.

IF YOU DON'T WATCH ANY OTHER PART FAST FORWARD TO 21:25- 21:40 TO SEE THE BIGGEST LIE ABOUT CRACKDOWN 3 DESTRUCTION EXPOSED!

Loading Video...
@boxrekt said:
@ipex said:

it's most definitely not inferior to Red Faction.

Apparently it is!

From everything I've seen also firmly supports that idea.

Crackdown 3 structures are empty styrofoam boxes that fall like blocky legos with 0 weight and disappear after a few moments.

There is no cloud powered procedural destruction going on in Crackdown 3! NONE!

This sentence I used to describe Crackdown 3 is a COMPLETELY accurate assessment of what Crackdown destruction actually is and is validated by video proof.

You were also correct.

I just had to expose the major lies fanboys were selling to unsuspecting gamers who might buy into this game based on their lies, MS lies and the Crackdown 3 developers.

Sorry xbox fans, there is no cloud calculated destruction in Crackdown 3. It was a COMPLETE lie MS sold to you. 5 years in, yall can stop trying to defend that now.

OOoooooo, Microsoft got expoooosed! This went from just being a shitty-looking game to a potential scandal.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BigBadBully

@boxrekt: those multiplayer maps were limited in size and not open world, plus dont even compare to the size and verticality offered in Crackdown 3. Then having lag during the destruction, imagine if Red Faction Guerilla had the tech in place to make sure it all ran smoothly.

MS has the ball rolling with the cloud computing tech and its only going to get better. Got EA with Project Atlas, Epic with cloudgine, its going to be good times gaming.

Some myths dispelled from the developer, nice job taking BOTW out of context.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/02/01/crackdown-3-creative-director-interview-how-microsofts-cloud-makes-the-wrecking-zone-so-destructible/

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BoxRekt

@BigBadBully said:

@boxrekt:

MS has the ball rolling with the cloud computing tech and its only going to get better.

Well, you certainly can't get any worse than Crackdown 3 so I guess you can sleep easy knowing that.

A small comfort for this train wreck of a game I suppose.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BigBadBully

@boxrekt: well growing up playing Pong and Xevious, gaming keeps growing and getting better with new tech.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BoxRekt

@BigBadBully: Eh I'm more of a Tetris and pac-man guy myself, but I can agree with that. :)

Tetris Effect is mesmerizingly amazing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

I think Cows are more excited about CD3 than Lems... Regardless, i'll let you know once I grab it on release day.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#72 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

I think Cows are more excited about CD3 than Lems... Regardless, i'll let you know once I grab it on release day.

The obsession for this game from Sony fannies is simply ASStounding. Also, the level of bandwagon hating of this game is ridiculous. No one talks about Crackdown 1 or 2 as if it left a mark in gaming but for some reason Crackdown 3 is supposedly next big thing and people are "outraged" that it isn't? How many people played the first two games? This is the same IP that needed Halo DEMO to move units. The stupidity of journalism and the hive mind on the internet know no bounds.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shewgenja

@Pedro: So, "power of the cloud" demos weren't being waved around at people whom criticised the XBox One for being too weak to be a serious 8th gen console? Is this how far you have to crabwalk to defend this? You're going to need hip replacement surgery when you turn 40 if you keep this up.

Bu-bu-but guys, its its its just Crackdown.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pedro

@Shewgenja said:

@Pedro: So, "power of the cloud" demos weren't being waved around at people whom criticised the XBox One for being too weak to be a serious 8th gen console? Is this how far you have to crabwalk to defend this? You're going to need hip replacement surgery when you turn 40 if you keep this up.

LOL. Now, take the time to actually address what I am talking about instead of the usual nonsensical rant. I know that its sometimes it is hard for folks like you to keep on point when you don't have one. :)

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Dreamcast guy is just another youtube drama queen.

I honestly don't care what he has to say about anything in the gaming industry.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@lundy86_4 said:

The obsession for this game from Sony fannies is simply ASStounding. Also, the level of bandwagon hating of this game is ridiculous. No one talks about Crackdown 1 or 2 as if it left a mark in gaming but for some reason Crackdown 3 is supposedly next big thing and people are "outraged" that it isn't? How many people played the first two games? This is the same IP that needed Halo DEMO to move units. The stupidity of journalism and the hive mind on the internet know no bounds.

So why are Xbox guys defending it if it's "no big deal"?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Bu-bu-but guys, its its its just Crackdown.

The real power of the cloud is on switch.

In japan they can stream play Resident Evil 7 and Assassins Creed Origins on the thing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

The real question that you avoided is why are you and your fellow Sony brethren keep obsessing about this game?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The real question that you avoided is why are you and your fellow Sony brethren keep obsessing about this game?

Because it's funny and an awful looking game that took way too long to develop. And the blatant lies used to promote this game are going to make tremendous schadenfreude after the fact. Happy now? The fact that Xbox people are defending it shows the state that Xbox first party has become this gen. All in all.... it's good times all around.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Shewgenja

@Pedro: The real question is why you think you have Jedi mind tricks that absolve you from tough situations rather than use honesty or empathy for your fellow XBox owners. These conversations with you go, predictably, like talking to a brick wall or a marketing executive rather than a gamer.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Pedro

@Shewgenja said:

@Pedro: The real question is why you think you have Jedi mind tricks that absolve you from tough situations rather than use honesty or empathy for your fellow XBox owners. These conversations with you go, predictably, like talking to a brick wall or a marketing executive rather than a gamer.

Why is it that you spew nonsense when you have no real point but feel a need to share something?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Because it's funny and an awful looking game that took way too long to develop. And the blatant lies used to promote this game are going to make tremendous schadenfreude after the fact. Happy now? The fact that Xbox people are defending it shows the state that Xbox first party has become this gen. All in all.... it's good times all around.

So, in other words MS got you hooked on this game more than any other game and more than Xbox fannies. Thanks for the info. :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:

So, in other words MS got you hooked on this game more than any other game and more than Xbox fannies. Thanks for the info. :)

Loading Video...

C'mon, Pedro. Sing it with me!

♫IIIIII-I-I-I-I-I'm raggin' on Crackdown

I'll never back down

Because it fuckin' stinks...♫

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

Not to mention that Boxrect is an obvious troll who only posts to antagonize lems. I'm pretty sure he's recloud.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: I enjoy the pain Crackdown 3 is causing you. Most regular people would not invest time in games they dislike but seeing folks like yourself get all riled up and offended, is delicious. :)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Shewgenja

@Pedro: Sony fans are great at investing in games. Yall could learn a thing or two from them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pedro

@Shewgenja said:

@Pedro: Sony fans are great at investing in games. Yall could learn a thing or two from them.

So, I was right. Your initial drivel was just that... drivel. :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I enjoy the pain Crackdown 3 is causing you. Most regular people would not invest time in games they dislike but seeing folks like yourself get all riled up and offended, is delicious. :)

The pain I'm in is from laughing at the defense force for this game. Why do Xbox dudes stick up for EVERYTHING Microsoft does. You're literally getting a better AAA game from MS at the end of this year. CD3 is hot garbage, and you know you deserve better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

The pain I'm in is from laughing at the defense force for this game. Why do Xbox dudes stick up for EVERYTHING Microsoft does. You're literally getting a better AAA game from MS at the end of this year. CD3 is hot garbage, and you know you deserve better.

LOL. This shit is hilarious. Can you tell me more about your passion for Crackdown 3? Please go into great detail why it sucks and how MS has betrayed you.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL. This shit is hilarious. Can you tell me more about your passion for Crackdown 3? Please go into great detail why it sucks and how MS has betrayed you.

Because I have two eyes.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Shewgenja

@Pedro: No, I figured I'd go ahead and get the hyuck yucks and cheap jabs in too, since that's ironically what you accuse everyone here of doing to your Precious.

I'm all for cutting it real. I made it very clear in an earlier post that ya'll can't afford to do this. You guys have been tying your horse to the post when it comes to the whole digital future/online service/cloud console thing all generation long. This isn't on anyone else but you. That's all I'm saying. That is my point.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Because I have two eyes.

Most of us do. Now share the details and don't forget the betrayal part.

@Shewgenja said:

@Pedro: No, I figured I'd go ahead and get the hyuck yucks and cheap jabs in too, since that's ironically what you accuse everyone here of doing to your Precious.

I'm all for cutting it real. I made it very clear in an earlier post that ya'll can't afford to do this. You guys have been tying your horse to the post when it comes to the whole digital future/online service/cloud console thing all generation long. This isn't on anyone else but you. That's all I'm saying. That is my point.

Oh boy! More drivel. When you have no actual point to the comment you were responding to you write the above. :)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Shewgenja

@Pedro: You do realize that this is the best case scenario for an XBox hater, right? Cloud Azure Microsoft only magic powers showing up on the first date with the pants unzipped, hungover af, and smelling like hot garbage is such a bigger prize than even Halo MCC being a mess. We are talking about things that are central to MSes next-gen strategy and not to mention any good will that is being left on the table as they try to brand themselves as a quality first-party leading into the launch of Scarlet.

I'm starting to think the overarching conversation needs to shift from Microsoft fans not learning from the PS3 launch to Microsoft fans not learning from the resurgance of the PS3 as well. Its like you think your brand is just one catchy slogan from redemption instead of hard work and quality games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Pedro

@Shewgenja said:

@Pedro: You do realize that this is the best case scenario for an XBox hater, right? Cloud Azure Microsoft only magic powers showing up on the first date with the pants unzipped, hungover af, and smelling like hot garbage is such a bigger prize than even Halo MCC being a mess. We are talking about things that are central to MSes next-gen strategy and not to mention any good will that is being left on the table as they try to brand themselves as a quality first-party leading into the launch of Scarlet.

I'm starting to think the overarching conversation needs to shift from Microsoft fans not learning from the PS3 launch to Microsoft fans not learning from the resurgance of the PS3 as well. Its like you think your brand is just one catchy slogan from redemption instead of hard work and quality games.

I think you try too hard. Not sure of the overall motivation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BigBadBully

Dreamcast guy making stuff up, below is a link to a interview with developer Joe Staten and you can easily see how idiotic this dreamcast guy is. Love how he takes the BOTW comment and spin it along with making up procedural destruction.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/02/01/crackdown-3-creative-director-interview-how-microsofts-cloud-makes-the-wrecking-zone-so-destructible/

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pedro

@BigBadBully said:

Dreamcast guy making stuff up, below is a link to a interview with developer Joe Staten and you can easily see how idiotic this dreamcast guy is. Love how he takes the BOTW comment and spin it along with making up procedural destruction.

It doesn't really matter. People who planned on hating this game would continue to do such and find all the nonsense they can to back that claim. The rest of folks are just meh! about this game.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@boxrekt: Wow. You really want this game to be bad, huh?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shewgenja

@Shewgenja: Same motivation it has been since 2009. I want to make xbox great again. The fanbase has become dead weight, though. I'm staying open minded about the next XBox being good, but if it is, it's certainly not because apologists have nothing but jokes and deflections when obvious issues persisted. The XBox One is literally everything I said it would be. A completely passable 8th gen system with a shifting core value depending on the time of day and whatever mood gamers happened to be in at any moment. 100% talk, 0% walk.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Because I have two eyes.

Yes, but your blind in one and can't see out of the other one!

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Yeah the game really does look awful. They need to cut their losses and release the game ASAP. I'm sure it will be a huge relief for the devs to be done with it.