DreadNought(PC)will look better than its jawdropping Trailer

  • 140 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for m3dude1
#101 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

stop spouting bs. they said they are researching the possibility of it.

Avatar image for AM-Gamer
#102 Edited by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

@TheFadeForever: That would make no sense, how can you just fly a giant cruisers around a planet.

My point is , is the game gonna render ships with millions of polygons while being in a dense city.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#103 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

stop spouting bs. they said they are researching the possibility of it.

"The new $40 million stretch goal would add a procedural generation R&D team for “creating entire planets worth of exploration and development content.”

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/22/star-citizen-hits-39-million-next-stretch-goal-adds-procedural-generation-rd-team/

There no researching possibility lol

Avatar image for m3dude1
#104 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

thats completely unrelated to atmospheric flight

"Roberts goes on to say the $40 million goal would allow Cloud Imperium to allocate funding to develop procedural generation technology for future iterations of Star Citizen. To do this, the studio needs a “special strike team of procedural generation-oriented developers” to make the technology a reality."

basically dont expect anything along these lines any time soon. it might never come. its simply R and D

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#105 Posted by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@TheFadeForever: That would make no sense, how can you just fly a giant cruisers around a planet.

My point is , is the game gonna render ships with millions of polygons while being in a dense city.

Far as I know yes there doing procedural generation to make it possible for atmospheric flight and terrain exploration. Whether there a ship limit I don't know

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#106 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

thats completely unrelated to atmospheric flight

No its not

“Among the most common feature requests for Star Citizen are atmospheric combat and ground exploration. These are the single biggest things we would like to include in the game, but they’re also something we know we can’t have day one. Our universe is a big place, and creating the hundreds of existing landouts properly is enough of a challenge… building entire continents and atmospheres in the current system would take a lifetime.

“That’s where procedural generation comes in. If we can develop a truly great procedural generation system, one that lets us create entire planets for you to populate.

Avatar image for SentientMind
#107 Posted by SentientMind (361 posts) -

@m3dude1:

So you're really skeptical in regards to this, but somehow you just know the UC4 trailer is going to match the finished game ?

Avatar image for m3dude1
#108 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

you should go and look at what ive actually stated about the UC4 trailer skippy

Avatar image for godspellwh
#109 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

thats completely unrelated to atmospheric flight

"Roberts goes on to say the $40 million goal would allow Cloud Imperium to allocate funding to develop procedural generation technology for future iterations of Star Citizen. To do this, the studio needs a “special strike team of procedural generation-oriented developers” to make the technology a reality."

basically dont expect anything along these lines any time soon. it might never come. its simply R and D

There already limited atmospheric flight in SC the procedural generation is to make the planet fully explorable and fly around instead of being restrictive. How do you think ship are going land on the city.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#110 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

link to video of this supposed atmospheric flight

Avatar image for godspellwh
#111 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

link to video of this supposed atmospheric flight

Watch the ship trailer its all real time obviously. Since you know ships don't magically land on planet zones out of nowhere.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#112 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

you mean the video that doesnt actually have even a second of atmospheric flight?

Avatar image for godspellwh
#113 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

so basically just a promo video with no purpose other than to advertise?

Ah you can't land on planet zones without going through the atmosphere lol but ok than it not real time for nothing,

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#114 Posted by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@godspellwh said:

@m3dude1 said:

so basically just a promo video with no purpose other than to advertise?

Ah you can't land on planet zones without going through the atmosphere lol but ok than it not real time for nothing,

Guess he doesn't know their atmospheric flight so we can land the ship

Avatar image for m3dude1
#115 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

after rewatching the video there isnt even any atmospheric flight. it skips you from flying in space to being a few feet above the ground.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#116 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

after rewatching the video there isnt even any atmospheric flight. it skips you from flying in space to being a few feet above the ground.

Loading Video...

Your looking at the wrong one.

Avatar image for godspellwh
#117 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

after rewatching the video there isnt even any atmospheric flight. it skips you from flying in space to being a few feet above the ground.

Loading Video...

Your looking at the wrong one.

lol I didn't even bother to specify which one. Just wanted make him look more of a jackass.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#118 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

if thats your definition of a game having atmospheric flight, then so does halo.

Avatar image for godspellwh
#119 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

if thats your definition of a game having atmospheric flight, then so does halo.

So you can travel that high up in the sky on a banshee in halo?

Avatar image for m3dude1
#120 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

nah but theres cutscenes having absolutely nothing to do with gameplay where u can, just like that one

Avatar image for godspellwh
#121 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

nah but theres cutscenes having absolutely nothing to do with gameplay where u can, just like that one

the video is real time

Avatar image for m3dude1
#122 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

where did i state it was cgi?

Avatar image for godspellwh
#123 Edited by GodspellWH (1052 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

where did i state it was cgi?

hmm did I say that you did? You think it looked cgi?

Avatar image for m3dude1
#124 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

then why would u state that its realtime?

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#125 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

if thats your definition of a game having atmospheric flight, then so does halo.

lol your running out of things to say of course that would be consider atmospheric flight

Avatar image for deathlordcrime
#126 Posted by DeathLordCrime (893 posts) -

lol look at m3dude1 proven wrong yet still trying to spin this shit

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#127 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lol a character model in SC does not have over 100k polys. please link to your source of that bullshit

Avatar image for topgunmv
#128 Edited by topgunmv (10754 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol a character model in SC does not have over 100k polys. please link to your source of that bullshit

Have they said what kind of hardware it'll take to run that 7 million poly carrier?

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#129 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol a character model in SC does not have over 100k polys. please link to your source of that bullshit

Have they said what kind of hardware it'll take to run that 7 million poly carrier?

Something better than low end GPU and Tablet CPU , I guess . Anyways , not sure how it's related to topic though . He wanted the source , he got one .

Avatar image for Sollet
#130 Posted by Sollet (8075 posts) -

Are people really questioning the graphical capabilities of PC gaming and claiming consoles can even be better? Wow... Some people I can't even.

Avatar image for topgunmv
#131 Posted by topgunmv (10754 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol a character model in SC does not have over 100k polys. please link to your source of that bullshit

Have they said what kind of hardware it'll take to run that 7 million poly carrier?

Something better than low end GPU and Tablet CPU , I guess . Anyways , not sure how it's related to topic though . He wanted the source , he got one .

Was just curious.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#132 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Have they said what kind of hardware it'll take to run that 7 million poly carrier?

Something better than low end GPU and Tablet CPU , I guess . Anyways , not sure how it's related to topic though . He wanted the source , he got one .

Was just curious.

Too early to tell but it is expected to demand 700 or 800 series for Highest settings .

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#133 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4939 posts) -

Yeah why do i have a hard time believing that?

Avatar image for deathlordcrime
#134 Posted by DeathLordCrime (893 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium:

m3dude been already owned

Avatar image for bezza2011
#135 Edited by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@bezza2011 said:

@CroidX said:

@bezza2011 said:

I think people are stuck in the past, were at a point now in gaming, that gameplay visuals are now at the point of CGI, CGI will no longer even exist as a standalone in the coming years, looking at that trailer and games like Star Citizen, it will just be seamless

We are closer than ever

Yes we are I mean even take the PS4s The Order and even Uncharted 4 there made without even CGI cutscene's and are good enough with just their in game engines, I mean that's how far we've come on just consoles, let alone what a 4K gaming rig will be, I mean in the next few years I honestly believe at least the enviroments will be pretty much near life like, you'll have to look a few times to tell the difference, I honestly cannot wait.

Of course pc is going to achieve real life graphics in the upcoming years

Yes, I meant sooner rather than later

Avatar image for Evo_nine
#136 Posted by Evo_nine (2221 posts) -

well...it didn't take long for UC4 to become obsolete lol.

Avatar image for Jankarcop
#137 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

@m3dude1:

I don't get what you're trying to accomplish Herr at sw.

All your posts try to say how consoles will finally surpass PC in gfx after three entire gens....with zero proof.

Its comical.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#138 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1:

I don't get what you're trying to accomplish Herr at sw.

All your posts try to say how consoles will finally surpass PC in gfx after three entire gens....with zero proof.

Its comical.

the situation is mostly the same every generation. new consoles come out, have the best looking games for 1 to 3 years before some heavy hitting pc game eventually comes out. last gen it was crysis. this gen tho who knows. now that pc games development is nothing more than ports developers couldnt give 2 shits about(probly only done in the first place because of publisher mandate) that are optimized just enough to make sure they dont crash every 15 minutes(sometimes not even this), and low budget games by developers not talented enough to produce something that would ever get funding for a console release(hello steam bargain bin.) this gen it all rests on either multiplatform game developers actually producing something better than the first party console exclusives or star citizen delivering on the hype. we shall see.

Avatar image for scatteh316
#139 Edited by scatteh316 (7976 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1:

I don't get what you're trying to accomplish Herr at sw.

All your posts try to say how consoles will finally surpass PC in gfx after three entire gens....with zero proof.

Its comical.

the situation is mostly the same every generation. new consoles come out, have the best looking games for 1 to 3 years before some heavy hitting pc game eventually comes out.

The situation is mostly the same every new generation, new consoles came out and packed the most powerful and fastest hardware on the planet inside them which enabled them have the best looking games for 1 to 3 years.

BUT... they didn't come out with the most powerful and fastest hardware on the planet this time around did they?

This is the first time on console history that the next generation of consoles have released without the best and fastest hardware available and because of this PC has the leg up on graphics from the get go and the gap will only get wider.

Can you imagine if PS3 didn't launch with the at the time one of the fastest PC GPU's available at the time? Imagine if it had shipped with a mid-range 7600GT instead of the 7800GTX? Man that would of been ugly and that's EXACTLY what's happened this time around.

And with both next generation machines running bog standard x86 architectures and off the shelf PC GPU's even porting them over to PC is going to be faster then ever, and with the cost of game development going up and up developers will have to start spreading across all available platforms to increase revenue to ensure they stay in business. Heck even the optimisations they make for the consoles should port straight over to PC, chuck in Mantle and DX12 and PC has a VERY bright future.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#140 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

and yet the quality of porting hasnt improved has it? nope it just continues to decline and thats never going to change.

high end pc hardware is faster than ps4 but the games dont look better yet. a highend pc is like a ferrarri driving in LA city traffic. you can brag all you want about how fast your car is, but in the end your not going to do much to outpace the jetta next to you. a ps4 is like a corvette on a track.

Avatar image for sam890
#141 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

and yet the quality of porting hasnt improved has it? nope it just continues to decline and thats never going to change.

high end pc hardware is faster than ps4 but the games dont look better yet. a highend pc is like a ferrarri driving in LA city traffic. you can brag all you want about how fast your car is, but in the end your not going to do much to outpace the jetta next to you. a ps4 is like a corvette on a track.

The absolutely worse analogy I have ever read. I just can't believe the absurdity Cows are spewing this gen, to think they think that there are games available on the PS4 that look better than games on PC. Please list them and I dare you to say UC.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#142 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@m3dude1: Why. Console gaming is like a yugo on a track considering my 300 dollar gpu triples your PS4's performance. Just stop it man. We all know how the cycle goes.

Consoles slightly match PC gaming in the first year and cows get cocky af. Then, they start dropping off after 1 or 2 years and you claim devs are learning how to optimize. For the next 3 years, PC's completely destroy consoles and you just keep hyping the "next gen" consoles, thinking the trend will be any different.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#143 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

and which 300 gpu would that be?

Avatar image for scatteh316
#144 Posted by scatteh316 (7976 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

and yet the quality of porting hasnt improved has it? nope it just continues to decline and thats never going to change.

high end pc hardware is faster than ps4 but the games dont look better yet. a highend pc is like a ferrarri driving in LA city traffic. you can brag all you want about how fast your car is, but in the end your not going to do much to outpace the jetta next to you. a ps4 is like a corvette on a track.

If PS4 is on a track then PC is also on a track.... Moron

I'll stick to my £280 GPU and play all my games the way developers meant them to be played...i.e.. not a blurry, 30fps sub-HD mess full of aliasing.