DreadNought(PC)will look better than its jawdropping Trailer

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

stop spouting bs. they said they are researching the possibility of it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@TheFadeForever: That would make no sense, how can you just fly a giant cruisers around a planet.

My point is , is the game gonna render ships with millions of polygons while being in a dense city.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

stop spouting bs. they said they are researching the possibility of it.

"The new $40 million stretch goal would add a procedural generation R&D team for “creating entire planets worth of exploration and development content.”

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/22/star-citizen-hits-39-million-next-stretch-goal-adds-procedural-generation-rd-team/

There no researching possibility lol

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By m3dude1

thats completely unrelated to atmospheric flight

"Roberts goes on to say the $40 million goal would allow Cloud Imperium to allocate funding to develop procedural generation technology for future iterations of Star Citizen. To do this, the studio needs a “special strike team of procedural generation-oriented developers” to make the technology a reality."

basically dont expect anything along these lines any time soon. it might never come. its simply R and D

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 TheFadeForever

@AM-Gamer said:

@TheFadeForever: That would make no sense, how can you just fly a giant cruisers around a planet.

My point is , is the game gonna render ships with millions of polygons while being in a dense city.

Far as I know yes there doing procedural generation to make it possible for atmospheric flight and terrain exploration. Whether there a ship limit I don't know

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

No its not

“Among the most common feature requests for Star Citizen are atmospheric combat and ground exploration. These are the single biggest things we would like to include in the game, but they’re also something we know we can’t have day one. Our universe is a big place, and creating the hundreds of existing landouts properly is enough of a challenge… building entire continents and atmospheres in the current system would take a lifetime.

“That’s where procedural generation comes in. If we can develop a truly great procedural generation system, one that lets us create entire planets for you to populate.

SentientMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SentientMind
Member since 2013 • 361 Posts

@m3dude1:

So you're really skeptical in regards to this, but somehow you just know the UC4 trailer is going to match the finished game ?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 m3dude1

you should go and look at what ive actually stated about the UC4 trailer skippy

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

"Roberts goes on to say the $40 million goal would allow Cloud Imperium to allocate funding to develop procedural generation technology for future iterations of Star Citizen. To do this, the studio needs a “special strike team of procedural generation-oriented developers” to make the technology a reality."

basically dont expect anything along these lines any time soon. it might never come. its simply R and D

There already limited atmospheric flight in SC the procedural generation is to make the planet fully explorable and fly around instead of being restrictive. How do you think ship are going land on the city.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 m3dude1

link to video of this supposed atmospheric flight

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GodspellWH

@m3dude1 said:

link to video of this supposed atmospheric flight

Watch the ship trailer its all real time obviously. Since you know ships don't magically land on planet zones out of nowhere.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By m3dude1

you mean the video that doesnt actually have even a second of atmospheric flight?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GodspellWH

@m3dude1 said:

so basically just a promo video with no purpose other than to advertise?

Ah you can't land on planet zones without going through the atmosphere lol but ok than it not real time for nothing,

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TheFadeForever

@godspellwh said:

@m3dude1 said:

so basically just a promo video with no purpose other than to advertise?

Ah you can't land on planet zones without going through the atmosphere lol but ok than it not real time for nothing,

Guess he doesn't know their atmospheric flight so we can land the ship

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By m3dude1

after rewatching the video there isnt even any atmospheric flight. it skips you from flying in space to being a few feet above the ground.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

after rewatching the video there isnt even any atmospheric flight. it skips you from flying in space to being a few feet above the ground.

Loading Video...

Your looking at the wrong one.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By GodspellWH

@TheFadeForever said:

@m3dude1 said:

Loading Video...

Your looking at the wrong one.

lol I didn't even bother to specify which one. Just wanted make him look more of a jackass.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 m3dude1

if thats your definition of a game having atmospheric flight, then so does halo.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GodspellWH

@m3dude1 said:

if thats your definition of a game having atmospheric flight, then so does halo.

So you can travel that high up in the sky on a banshee in halo?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 m3dude1

nah but theres cutscenes having absolutely nothing to do with gameplay where u can, just like that one

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By GodspellWH

@m3dude1 said:

nah but theres cutscenes having absolutely nothing to do with gameplay where u can, just like that one

the video is real time

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 m3dude1

where did i state it was cgi?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By GodspellWH

@m3dude1 said:

where did i state it was cgi?

hmm did I say that you did? You think it looked cgi?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 m3dude1

then why would u state that its realtime?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TheFadeForever

@m3dude1 said:

lol your running out of things to say of course that would be consider atmospheric flight

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

lol look at m3dude1 proven wrong yet still trying to spin this shit

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#127  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

lol a character model in SC does not have over 100k polys. please link to your source of that bullshit

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol a character model in SC does not have over 100k polys. please link to your source of that bullshit

Have they said what kind of hardware it'll take to run that 7 million poly carrier?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Cloud_imperium

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@m3dude1 said:

Have they said what kind of hardware it'll take to run that 7 million poly carrier?

Something better than low end GPU and Tablet CPU , I guess . Anyways , not sure how it's related to topic though . He wanted the source , he got one .

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Are people really questioning the graphical capabilities of PC gaming and claiming consoles can even be better? Wow... Some people I can't even.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@m3dude1 said:

Something better than low end GPU and Tablet CPU , I guess . Anyways , not sure how it's related to topic though . He wanted the source , he got one .

Was just curious.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Was just curious.

Too early to tell but it is expected to demand 700 or 800 series for Highest settings .

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Yeah why do i have a hard time believing that?

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@Cloud_imperium:

m3dude been already owned

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@CroidX said:

@bezza2011 said:

@CroidX said:

@bezza2011 said:

I think people are stuck in the past, were at a point now in gaming, that gameplay visuals are now at the point of CGI, CGI will no longer even exist as a standalone in the coming years, looking at that trailer and games like Star Citizen, it will just be seamless

We are closer than ever

Yes we are I mean even take the PS4s The Order and even Uncharted 4 there made without even CGI cutscene's and are good enough with just their in game engines, I mean that's how far we've come on just consoles, let alone what a 4K gaming rig will be, I mean in the next few years I honestly believe at least the enviroments will be pretty much near life like, you'll have to look a few times to tell the difference, I honestly cannot wait.

Of course pc is going to achieve real life graphics in the upcoming years

Yes, I meant sooner rather than later

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

well...it didn't take long for UC4 to become obsolete lol.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@m3dude1:

I don't get what you're trying to accomplish Herr at sw.

All your posts try to say how consoles will finally surpass PC in gfx after three entire gens....with zero proof.

Its comical.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By m3dude1

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1:

All your posts try to say how consoles will finally surpass PC in gfx after three entire gens....with zero proof.

Its comical.

the situation is mostly the same every generation. new consoles come out, have the best looking games for 1 to 3 years before some heavy hitting pc game eventually comes out. last gen it was crysis. this gen tho who knows. now that pc games development is nothing more than ports developers couldnt give 2 shits about(probly only done in the first place because of publisher mandate) that are optimized just enough to make sure they dont crash every 15 minutes(sometimes not even this), and low budget games by developers not talented enough to produce something that would ever get funding for a console release(hello steam bargain bin.) this gen it all rests on either multiplatform game developers actually producing something better than the first party console exclusives or star citizen delivering on the hype. we shall see.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1:

Its comical.

the situation is mostly the same every generation. new consoles come out, have the best looking games for 1 to 3 years before some heavy hitting pc game eventually comes out.

The situation is mostly the same every new generation, new consoles came out and packed the most powerful and fastest hardware on the planet inside them which enabled them have the best looking games for 1 to 3 years.

BUT... they didn't come out with the most powerful and fastest hardware on the planet this time around did they?

This is the first time on console history that the next generation of consoles have released without the best and fastest hardware available and because of this PC has the leg up on graphics from the get go and the gap will only get wider.

Can you imagine if PS3 didn't launch with the at the time one of the fastest PC GPU's available at the time? Imagine if it had shipped with a mid-range 7600GT instead of the 7800GTX? Man that would of been ugly and that's EXACTLY what's happened this time around.

And with both next generation machines running bog standard x86 architectures and off the shelf PC GPU's even porting them over to PC is going to be faster then ever, and with the cost of game development going up and up developers will have to start spreading across all available platforms to increase revenue to ensure they stay in business. Heck even the optimisations they make for the consoles should port straight over to PC, chuck in Mantle and DX12 and PC has a VERY bright future.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 m3dude1

and yet the quality of porting hasnt improved has it? nope it just continues to decline and thats never going to change.

high end pc hardware is faster than ps4 but the games dont look better yet. a highend pc is like a ferrarri driving in LA city traffic. you can brag all you want about how fast your car is, but in the end your not going to do much to outpace the jetta next to you. a ps4 is like a corvette on a track.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

and yet the quality of porting hasnt improved has it? nope it just continues to decline and thats never going to change.

high end pc hardware is faster than ps4 but the games dont look better yet. a highend pc is like a ferrarri driving in LA city traffic. you can brag all you want about how fast your car is, but in the end your not going to do much to outpace the jetta next to you. a ps4 is like a corvette on a track.

The absolutely worse analogy I have ever read. I just can't believe the absurdity Cows are spewing this gen, to think they think that there are games available on the PS4 that look better than games on PC. Please list them and I dare you to say UC.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@m3dude1: Why. Console gaming is like a yugo on a track considering my 300 dollar gpu triples your PS4's performance. Just stop it man. We all know how the cycle goes.

Consoles slightly match PC gaming in the first year and cows get cocky af. Then, they start dropping off after 1 or 2 years and you claim devs are learning how to optimize. For the next 3 years, PC's completely destroy consoles and you just keep hyping the "next gen" consoles, thinking the trend will be any different.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 m3dude1

and which 300 gpu would that be?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

If PS4 is on a track then PC is also on a track.... Moron

I'll stick to my £280 GPU and play all my games the way developers meant them to be played...i.e.. not a blurry, 30fps sub-HD mess full of aliasing.