Dragonballz Fighter

• 133 results
#101 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34547 posts) -

I'm seeing some comments elsewhere for fears/hopes that this game will replace SFV and MVCI. Yeah... no, that won't happen. If any fighter's looking to be replaced, it's Smash that'll be sooner to go and replaced by this.

#102 Edited by Vatusus (8526 posts) -

It looks really good. I just hope you can transform mid-battle... so far it looks like you cant and that makes me sad :(

#103 Edited by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

It looks really good. I just hope you can transform mid-battle... so far it looks like you cant and that makes me sad :(

i saw a video of goku going SSJ3..unless that was only for a certain move.

#104 Edited by Jag85 (11455 posts) -

The gameplay videos look almost like Marvel vs Capcom style. I'm not usually into DBZ games, but this one looks interesting.

#105 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@Jag85:

Yeah, it's basically Guilty Gear lite with some Marvel quirks, which is cool.

The gameplay really reminds me of Skullgirls more than anything else though.

#106 Posted by AzatiS (14474 posts) -

@lawlessx said:
@Vatusus said:

i saw a video of goku going SSJ3..unless that was only for a certain move.

Thats when he does his ultimate

#107 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

I'm seeing some comments elsewhere for fears/hopes that this game will replace SFV and MVCI. Yeah... no, that won't happen. If any fighter's looking to be replaced, it's Smash that'll be sooner to go and replaced by this.

nintendoboy's routine of not knowing shit about shit, continues, as he barely knows shit about FGC other than "hur durr fighting game fans call Smash not a real fighter". Melee has endured, has thrived even, for 16 years now without Nintendo backing Melee as an esport game.

Smash goes when its community goes, and that hasn't even been close to an issue these days. Get a clue pls.

#108 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

lol right, Smash is huge. 4 had had the second biggest turn out at Evo last year with Melee snagging the third spot. Combined, they had a bigger turn out than SFV. Looks like we're getting a repeat of that this year.

Smash is still growing, not fading away, and I wouldn't be surprised if Melee goes on to have legs like Street Fighter 2, one of those staples that just never truly goes away.

Really, it's not going anywhere, it has a massive scene and following. It also doesn't have any major competitors that do what it does, like where is the overlap with DBFZ and Smash? I'm not seeing it, Smash is really its own thing.

#109 Posted by King_Dodongo (3757 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Be nice if it was on Switch as well.

The Switch can't handle it

It certainly can.

#110 Posted by Mercenary848 (11257 posts) -

First dbz game I have ever liked.

#111 Edited by nintendoboy16 (34547 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

lol right, Smash is huge. 4 had had the second biggest turn out at Evo last year with Melee snagging the third spot. Combined, they had a bigger turn out than SFV. Looks like we're getting a repeat of that this year.

Smash is still growing, not fading away, and I wouldn't be surprised if Melee goes on to have legs like Street Fighter 2, one of those staples that just never truly goes away.

Really, it's not going anywhere, it has a massive scene and following. It also doesn't have any major competitors that do what it does, like where is the overlap with DBFZ and Smash? I'm not seeing it, Smash is really its own thing.

And you said it yourself. Smash is it's own thing and will always be. The only reason turnout is so big is because, like almost every other Nintendo IP, Smash appeals to a casual audience, which is something that can't be said as much for most traditional fighters. So, if anything Nintendo needs Smash to be it's own scene and group it with their other non-traditional scenes in other places (eg: Splatoon) and NOT something like EVO where it's considerably not as welcome, no matter how big the turnout is.

The overlap is, in every fighting community I've seen, is that, despite their general criticisms (and no matter how crappy the games actually are), anime fighters like Dragon Ball (which is a freaking household name, as even non-anime experts know what the hell Dragon Ball is, mainly with Z) and Naruto are considered more welcome as fighters and Smash isn't.

So as much as Street Fighter/vs Capcom has it's cult, they won't be going anywhere, so I don't see SFV or MVCI leaving either.

#112 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

So, if anything Nintendo needs Smash to be it's own scene and group it with their other non-traditional scenes in other places (eg: Splatoon) and NOT something like EVO where it's considerably not as welcome, no matter how big the turnout is.

...except it is welcome. Literally one of the most popular franchises on the competitive side of the FGC. If having massive turnouts and tons of spectators isn't welcome then I don't know what is.

And it's not just Evo. Smash also has plenty of big tourneys that aren't tied to other traditional fighters. Though yes, it's also thriving in scenes with traditional fighters like Wednesday Night Fights for example.

I really don't understand why you'd push aside the facts and latch on to what a bunch of haters on the internet have to say lol. A bunch of stream monsters and forum gamers shitting on Smash doesn't add up to much in the real world.

And I don't understand why you, personally, want it to be segmented off from the rest of the scene. How does that help Smash or fighting games in general?

Also it should be said that it's not like you just have some loud mouth traditional fighting fans vs. Smash. The in-fighting is there with EVERY series. Tekken and SF players shit all over each other all the time. Guilty Gear players tend to be a bunch of snobs who believe all other FGs are for peasants. It's the FGC, they all hate each other lol.

Depending on where you choose to look, every fighting game is considered worthless trash by some community out there.

@nintendoboy16 said:

The overlap is, in every fighting community I've seen, is that, despite their general criticisms (and no matter how crappy the games actually are), anime fighters like Dragon Ball (which is a freaking household name, as even non-anime experts know what the hell Dragon Ball is, mainly with Z) and Naruto are considered more welcome as fighters and Smash isn't.

No, I'm asking where is the overlap, as in what would make DBFZ a prime candidate to take out the Smash community? Why, after all these years of Melee being a huge thing and still growing, would DBFZ be the game to take it out? If it was going to happen like that, why didn't it happen with all of these other fighting games? lol

Makes no sense man.

---

Actually, none of your response makes sense. How did we go from "DBFZ might replace Smash" to "Oh, Smash isn't welcome". lol.

#114 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (5724 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Someone Looks Silly

#115 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34547 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

So, if anything Nintendo needs Smash to be it's own scene and group it with their other non-traditional scenes in other places (eg: Splatoon) and NOT something like EVO where it's considerably not as welcome, no matter how big the turnout is.

...except it is welcome. Literally one of the most popular franchises on the competitive side of the FGC. If having massive turnouts and tons of spectators isn't welcome then I don't know what is.

And it's not just Evo. Smash also has plenty of big tourneys that aren't tied to other traditional fighters. Though yes, it's also thriving in scenes with traditional fighters like Wednesday Night Fights for example.

I really don't understand why you'd push aside the facts and latch on to what a bunch of haters on the internet have to say lol. A bunch of stream monsters and forum gamers shitting on Smash doesn't add up to much in the real world.

And I don't understand why you, personally, want it to be segmented off from the rest of the scene. How does that help Smash or fighting games in general?

Also it should be said that it's not like you just have some loud mouth traditional fighting fans vs. Smash. The in-fighting is there with EVERY series. Tekken and SF players shit all over each other all the time. Guilty Gear players tend to be a bunch of snobs who believe all other FGs are for peasants. It's the FGC, they all hate each other lol.

Depending on where you choose to look, every fighting game is considered worthless trash by some community out there.

@nintendoboy16 said:

No, I'm asking where is the overlap, as in what would make DBFZ a prime candidate to take out the Smash community? Why, after all these years of Melee being a huge thing and still growing, would DBFZ be the game to take it out? If it was going to happen like that, why didn't it happen with all of these other fighting games? lol

Makes no sense man.

---

Actually, none of your response makes sense. How did we go from "DBFZ might replace Smash" to "Oh, Smash isn't welcome". lol.

Spectators who comment like it shouldn't be there.

Well, then, maybe Smash should stick to tourneys with more "liberal" (lack of a better term) communities, which includes ones hosted by Nintendo themselves. Besides that, the vitriol for it isn't just franchise vs franchise. It's "traditional" (aka every OTHER fighter) vs "non-traditional" fighter. Even TVTropes has this on record.

Pretty sure I said... you know what, screw it! Not repeating myself.

#116 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

Spectators who comment like it shouldn't be there.

@nintendoboy16 said:

TVTropes

@nintendoboy16 said:

Pretty sure I said... you know what, screw it! Not repeating myself.

Don't even try to pretend like you gave a legit answer to begin with lol.

Anyways:

#117 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: lmfao

#118 Edited by nintendoboy16 (34547 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: Believe what you want. I said my piece and am not repeating myself just because you don't find it legit and the rest of SW sees me as an 'Alex Jones' of sorts.

#119 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Someone Looks Silly

Don't want to burn any bridges + I was memeing.

Nice try though.

#120 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@nintendoboy16:

No worries, you don't have to repeat yourself as I read it all clearly the first time. You made zero connection as to why DBFZ would replace Smash.

You just said anime fighters are more "welcome" than Smash, whatever that means lol. The numbers say otherwise, but whatevs.

Tell you what, if this time next year, the Smash scene is somehow decimated, and you can point to a long list of peeps who jumped ship to DBFZ, then by all means, feel free to rub my nose in it.

#121 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@ConanTheStoner: lmfao

#122 Posted by GameboyTroy (8807 posts) -

@toddiokart said:

I hear this may come to Switch if there's enough demand, I'd like to see that.

And if they began working on a Switch version, it wouldn't come out at the same time as the other versions.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/19/technical-reasons-are-not-why-dragon-ball-fighterz-isnt-on-the-switch/

#123 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

lmfao

You read too much internet forum shit.

#124 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

I really just want to understand Nintendoboy.

#125 Edited by nathanbats (1057 posts) -

Not a DBZ fan but this looks amazing.

#126 Posted by MuD3 (2131 posts) -

I'm not really interest in another DBZ fighter. I've had enough of them. I would be all over a DBZ action RPG (done right) though.

#127 Edited by uninspiredcup (26470 posts) -
@MuD3 said:

I'm not really interest in another DBZ fighter. I've had enough of them. I would be all over a DBZ action RPG (done right) though.

Basically how they win fights, grind and scream for 2 minutes.

One of the things kinda dislike in the games is that they have a tendency to use generic electric guitar music.

It should sound like this.

Loading Video...

But instead you get this.

Loading Video...

#128 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (5724 posts) -

@putaspongeon: excuses, excuses. Don't be mad because you look like the fanboy that you are and got called on your shit.

#129 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (17708 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: indeed, I keep telling him that internet forums are not the majority of system sales.

#130 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@putaspongeon: excuses, excuses. Don't be mad because you look like the fanboy that you are and got called on your shit.

Um no???

Are you this stupid?

It was pretty obvious I was shitposting, you're the one who failed to use your head.

#131 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

#133 Edited by GameboyTroy (8807 posts) -

Trunks was shown/talked about. Of course he's in the game.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-trunks

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Scan_06-22-17.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/user/NamcoBandaiGamesEU/videos

Loading Video...

#134 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34547 posts) -

On a lighter note, there is a Twitter movement to get the game ported to Switch and best yet, Goku and Vegeta themselves support it.

#135 Posted by leonkennedy97 (83 posts) -

One of the top 5 games of the show for me. Finally a DBZ game with proper mechanics.