Dragon Age Origins is a blissful paragon of majestic RPG excellence

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#201 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Bioware liked recycling their archtypes.....something DA2 and ME3 broke.

Statement: If you really believe that then you are delusional.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#202 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Why are we in 2009 again? :(
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#203 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Yeah, I can understand HK47 comparisons when it comes to Shale ....but Zevran? Not seeing it.

Stringerboy

Both have HK47 comparisons....Zervan is the comedic assassin who joke about killing at times. Shale has his mannerisms. Alistair is so Carth. Leliana is so Bastila or Dawn Star. Sten is so Sagacious Zu Morrigan is the typical token evil teammate Oghren is a typical fantasy dwarf with typical fantasy dwarf traits unlike his DA2 counterpart Varric. Wynne is very like Jolee Bioware liked recycling their archtypes.....something DA2 and ME3 broke.

How is Alistair anything like Carth?

They're both the token nice guy in bioware games. Like Kaidan in Mass Effect. The only thing I can think of that's different is that Alistair is a little sarcastic, but not in a mean way. 

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#204 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts
[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Bioware liked recycling their archtypes.....something DA2 and ME3 broke.

Statement: If you really believe that then you are delusional.

No, they really did. A captain of the guard who doesn't always follow the law, a dwarf storyteller that breaks from his peoples culture, a blood mage who is kind hearted, a healer that becomes a terrorist, a brutish elven beserker....not very classic Bioware archtypes. And ME3's crew develops out of their archtype....hell James is far from a typical male goody goody lead.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 texasgoldrush

My only hope is that the next Dragon Age has little to nothing from DA2 in it, just to be safe. A reminder of DA2 for those who had chosen to forget:[spoiler] facepalm [/spoiler]

FastEddie2121
Too bad, its a direct sequel....DA2 basically sets up DA3, more than DAO sets up DA2. The dialogue wheel returns, the friendship/rivalry system returns. And the flaws of the party in DA2 is part of th estoryline and even their actions instigate the conflict. Face it, its not a save the world plot. You party members can be villians as much as heroes. Thats the entire point. As for Bethany...the entire Act I was rushed. The plot where the either Bethany or Hawke herself has to hide from the Templars was cut. Bethany was never supposed to want to go to the Deep Roads, in fact , she was supposed to want to stop running and accept her fate, but you could force her to go to the Deep Roads. The Deep Roads expedition was for more than just money. Its to get Bethany or Hawke away from the Templars. The weakest act, and the worst written act was Act I. In contrast Carver is supposed to want to go into the Deep Roads to support his brother or sister like the final DA2 game portrayed. It was Bethany that got the rush job. Merill isn't as stupid as you think...in fact she makes Anders look like a hypocrite. In Merrill's quest in Act III, you are not there to help her, you are there to kill her if she gets possessed. She tells you this. However, the Keeper intervened. Dialogue from the game. Merrill: Are you all right? Anders: I nearly killed an innocent girl. How could I be all right? Merrill: I'm sorry. Anders: You're sorry? For me? This could be you! You could be the next monster threatening helpless girls! Merrill: Anders... There's no such thing as a good spirit. There never was. Merrill: All spirits are dangerous. I understood that. I'm sorry that you didn't.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

DA:origins may have been generic but it was fun,absorbing and at least it had classical RPG mechanics , dragon age 2 was just garbage. A sad soulless pathetic attempt to court the causal crowd by pandering to the lowest common denominator by introducing stripped down RPG systems and "button=awesome" mentality. Dragon age 2 has a lot in common with the equally disappointing mass effect 3.

I would take an RPG that follows the bioware fomular with archtype characters over this new direction they are taking their games and I am sure many of their fans would prefer that as well judging from the sh8tstorm both Dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 created.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 texasgoldrush

DA:origins may have been generic but it was fun,absorbing and at least it had classical RPG mechanics , dragon age 2 was just garbage. A sad soulless pathetic attempt to court the causal crowd by pandering to the lowest common denominator by introducing stripped down RPG systems and "button=awesome" mentality. Dragon age 2 has a lot in common with the equally disappointing mass effect 3.

I would take an RPG that follows the bioware fomular with archtype characters over this new direction they are taking their games and I am sure many of their fans would prefer that as well judging from the sh8tstorm both Dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 created.

musalala
Just because a game has classical RPG mechanics doesn't make it good. The mechanics of DAO are simply just as poor as DAII and far less balanced. Hell DAII is actually a far more balanced game than DAO and DA2 wasn't balanced well. Thats how bad DAO's combat was. And no, their fanbase has to be forced to accept change...get over it, they really do not want to make the same game over and over or tell the same story over and over. The new direction wasn't the problem with DA2 in the first place either, its that the game was rushed.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 musalala

:lol:

[QUOTE="musalala"]

texasgoldrush

Just because a game has classical RPG mechanics doesn't make it good. The mechanics of DAO are simply just as poor as DAII and far less balanced. Hell DAII is actually a far more balanced game than DAO and DA2 wasn't balanced well. Thats how bad DAO's combat was. And no, their fanbase has to be forced to accept change...get over it, they really do not want to make the same game over and over or tell the same story over and over. The new direction wasn't the problem with DA2 in the first place either, its that the game was rushed.

:lol: :lol: God you are easy!!!! was just goading you. Also "And no, their fanbase has to be forced to accept change...get over it" :lol::lol::lol: you are aware people don't HAVE to buy Bioware games right and seeing the dismal showing of DA2 whose sales were so bad they cancelled all planned DLC and are now looking "agressively at Skyrim" in an attempt to redeem themselves, thats exactly what their fans are not doing I for one will not be purchasing jacksh*t from bioware new until they make a game I want. Instead I will buy CDproject red games, games that are infinatly better than the drivel Bioware having vomiting of late. Bioware are now sh*t get over it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 texasgoldrush

:lol:[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

musalala

:lol: :lol: God you are easy!!!! was just goading you. Also "And no, their fanbase has to be forced to accept change...get over it" :lol::lol::lol: you are aware people don't HAVE to buy Bioware games right and seeing the dismal showing of DA2 whose sales were so bad they cancelled all planned DLC and are now looking "agressively at Skyrim" in an attempt to redeem themselves, thats exactly what their fans are not doing I for one will not be purchasing jacksh*t from bioware new until they make a game I want. Instead I will buy CDproject red games, games that are infinatly better than the drivel Bioware having vomiting of late. Bioware are now sh*t get over it.

Please...CDProjeckt committed the same sins as Bioware....or did you forget THEY HAD TO FIX THE ENDING of The Witcher 2. Nevermind TW2 was also rushed out to the door. Oh wait....CDP wants to be Skyrim too...oh did you forget this hypocrite? The Witcher 3 is going open world, just like Skyrim. And if they can't accept change they can leave. Bioware is better off without a moronic fanbase anyway. Oh, and DAII had two significant DLC packs, did it not? I guess you don't like facts.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

:lol:[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Just because a game has classical RPG mechanics doesn't make it good. The mechanics of DAO are simply just as poor as DAII and far less balanced. Hell DAII is actually a far more balanced game than DAO and DA2 wasn't balanced well. Thats how bad DAO's combat was. And no, their fanbase has to be forced to accept change...get over it, they really do not want to make the same game over and over or tell the same story over and over. The new direction wasn't the problem with DA2 in the first place either, its that the game was rushed.texasgoldrush

Please...CDProjeckt committed the same sins as Bioware....or did you forget THEY HAD TO FIX THE ENDING of The Witcher 2. Nevermind TW2 was also rushed out to the door. Oh wait....CDP wants to be Skyrim too...oh did you forget this hypocrite? The Witcher 3 is going open world, just like Skyrim. And if they can't accept change they can leave. Bioware is better off without a moronic fanbase anyway. Oh, and DAII had two significant DLC packs, did it not? I guess you don't like facts.

Bioware is just crap now though I mean Mass effect 3 generic copycat multiplayer was just awful and all their DLC was garbage compared to ME 2 DLC and don't me started on the auto dialouge. Also DA2 has got to be the worst game in bioware's history , pathetic characters, nonsensical plot and I hate how the retconned everything all of a sudden Leliane has the power to resurrct herself from the dead.Bioware is just useless now No wonder the Founders left this sinking ship of a Studio..............So in conclusion total crap now an embarassment to rpg makers everywhere, I mean hell even Final Fantasy XIIIs characters are waaaaaaaay better than any of the characters in DA2 and Mass effect 3.....:twisted::twisted::twisted:

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

musalala

Bioware is just crap now though I mean Mass effect 3 generic copycat multiplayer was just awful and all their DLC was garbage compared to ME 2 DLC and don't me started on the auto dialouge. Also DA2 has got to be the worst game in bioware's history , pathetic characters, nonsensical plot and I hate how the retconned everything all of a sudden Leliane has the power to resurrct herself from the dead.Bioware is just useless now No wonder the Founders left this sinking ship of a Studio..............So in conclusion total crap now an embarassment to rpg makers everywhere, I mean hell even Final Fantasy XIIIs characters are waaaaaaaay better than any of the characters in DA2 and Mass effect 3.....:twisted::twisted::twisted:

TW2 also has autodialogue...whoops your hypocrisy continues. Oh wait, did TW2 also retcon many of TW1 decisions like who was Geralt's love interest...wow you really are a hypocrite. Enlighten me, where is Shani in TW2? Nevermind the way Geralt regains his memory is also nonsensical....whoops. Oh and CDP also proclaimed that TW2 had 16 different endings, but really they were nearly identical....Geralt and Triss walk out of the city...Iorveth or Roche may follow. I wonder why they expanded the ending....because they did lie the first time, just like Bioware. But CDP can do no wrong, right? God you are a moron.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Please...CDProjeckt committed the same sins as Bioware....or did you forget THEY HAD TO FIX THE ENDING of The Witcher 2. Nevermind TW2 was also rushed out to the door. Oh wait....CDP wants to be Skyrim too...oh did you forget this hypocrite? The Witcher 3 is going open world, just like Skyrim. And if they can't accept change they can leave. Bioware is better off without a moronic fanbase anyway. Oh, and DAII had two significant DLC packs, did it not? I guess you don't like facts.texasgoldrush

TW2 also has autodialogue...whoops your hypocrisy continues. Oh wait, did TW2 also retcon many of TW1 decisions like who was Geralt's love interest...wow you really are a hypocrite. Enlighten me, where is Shani in TW2? Nevermind the way Geralt regains his memory is also nonsensical....whoops. Oh and CDP also proclaimed that TW2 had 16 different endings, but really they were nearly identical....Geralt and Triss walk out of the city...Iorveth or Roche may follow. I wonder why they expanded the ending....because they did lie the first time, just like Bioware. But CDP can do no wrong, right? God you are a moron.

:lol::lol::lol: DEAR GOD wrong again because CD project red with just one game have invalidated every single game made by bioware except for dragon age origins which is phenominal as a piece of software. Final fantasy xiii also blows mass effect 3 , Vanile has got to be the best written character this generation and bioware could learn a thing or two from Square Enix and don't get me started on the impecable FINAL fANATSY XIII-2 my god what a game. Anyone who disagress with me is a complete moron and simple isnt as smart as I am.Face it.... Bioware are the worst developers of RPG's ever, if you can even call the last two games they released rpg's.In summary CD project red Square Enix are waaaaaay better than Bioware. Sidenote Aveline is so generic what were bioware thinking when they created her.How its possible for someone to have a differnt opinion from me texas...I mean Musalala the smartest person on system wars is beyond me.

and now we wait -  ...and now, we wait.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 cain006

musalala

Mass Effect 3 is a much better rpg than Mass Effect 2 so I dunno what you mean by that.

musalala

All ME3 did was eliminate the dialgoue choices that for the most part didn't matter at all.

I kinda agree with you on the new ME3 characters though. Vega didn't get enough dialogue, Cortez seemed like he was just there to have a gay guy. I did like that Cortez and Vega talked to eachother however.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

Oh and CDP also proclaimed that TW2 had 16 different endings, but really they were nearly identical....Geralt and Triss walk out of the city...Iorveth or Roche may follow. I wonder why they expanded the ending....because they did lie the first time, just like Bioware. But CDP can do no wrong, right? God you are a moron.texasgoldrush

It sounds like you completely missed the point of the final chapter.
Yes, the ultimate outcomes are the same, but the way the final chapter plays out seems to be significantly different depending on your choices throughout the game, offering you a personalised ending for the Geralt that you chose to play.

For example, I've only seen two of the 'Iorveth' endings - one that I received my first time, and one that my friend received - both of which were vastly different, and both of which we argued was the 'best' ending.

[spoiler] Mine involved exposing the mastermind behind the entire game's political intrigue, rescuing my loved ones, finding out the answers to my questions, and sparing the lives of all of the people  who weren't really the villains of my story. It was a very satisfying ending for me, as my Geralt was only persuing the assassin to find out what he knew about Geralt's past, and my Geralt only really cared about the political intrigue when it put his friends in danger. He had no absolutely quarrel with the assassin or the witches, and spared their lives accordingly.

Meanwhile, my friend's ending involved rescuing Iorveth and freeing his loved one from the witch's curse. He didn't discover who masterminded the assassinations in the first place, and he didn't even bother to rescue Triss, but my friend still insisted that he fulfilled everything *his* Geralt wanted to do (and thus, in his opinion, his ending was the best one).

I'm sure that there are other endings involving the heir to the Temerian throne, and so on. I'm sure those also wrap up the plot well for people interested in *that* part of the storyline. [/spoiler]

My point? The game seemed to do a great job of offering 'personalised' catharsis for the range of different Geralts that you could have been playing throughout the game. They may all end up at ultimately the same place during the outro, but it's the conclusion beforehand that is most important, and that can change in a number of different ways.

So...yeah, I think you'd have to heavily miss the purpose of The Witcher 2's roleplaying to think that CDPR simply pulled a Bioware with their ending.

Back on topic though, I remember that Dragon Age Origin's endings were weird. The game dumped a ton of choices upon you just before the credits, about where you'll go and what everyone does, and they all change the closing monologue...but that's all they did? I mean, it's nice that they included the ability to roleplay what will happen for the rest of the Warden's life, but...it just seemed off at the time. Hm.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

cain006

Mass Effect 3 is a much better rpg than Mass Effect 2 so I dunno what you mean by that.

musalala

All ME3 did was eliminate the dialgoue choices that for the most part didn't matter at all.

I kinda agree with you on the new ME3 characters though. Vega didn't get enough dialogue, Cortez seemed like he was just there to have a gay guy. I did like that Cortez and Vega talked to eachother however.

:P dude I'm trolling texas

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#216 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Haven't played it, but I agree.

Michael0134567

I always knew you was one of the smartest people on this forum michael. Pat yourself on the back and say "god smiles on my greatness"

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="musalala"]

texasgoldrush

How can you consider yourself to be a Bioware fan when you don't even appreciate their best work? The only reason you even acknowledge them is because of your disgusting and creepy sexual fixation with Mass Effect. You are a wretched human being, texas. A wretched human being.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#218 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"]

My only hope is that the next Dragon Age has little to nothing from DA2 in it, just to be safe. A reminder of DA2 for those who had chosen to forget:[spoiler] facepalm [/spoiler]

texasgoldrush
Too bad, its a direct sequel....DA2 basically sets up DA3, more than DAO sets up DA2. The dialogue wheel returns, the friendship/rivalry system returns. And the flaws of the party in DA2 is part of th estoryline and even their actions instigate the conflict. Face it, its not a save the world plot. You party members can be villians as much as heroes. Thats the entire point. As for Bethany...the entire Act I was rushed. The plot where the either Bethany or Hawke herself has to hide from the Templars was cut. Bethany was never supposed to want to go to the Deep Roads, in fact , she was supposed to want to stop running and accept her fate, but you could force her to go to the Deep Roads. The Deep Roads expedition was for more than just money. Its to get Bethany or Hawke away from the Templars. The weakest act, and the worst written act was Act I. In contrast Carver is supposed to want to go into the Deep Roads to support his brother or sister like the final DA2 game portrayed. It was Bethany that got the rush job. Merill isn't as stupid as you think...in fact she makes Anders look like a hypocrite. In Merrill's quest in Act III, you are not there to help her, you are there to kill her if she gets possessed. She tells you this. However, the Keeper intervened. Dialogue from the game. Merrill: Are you all right? Anders: I nearly killed an innocent girl. How could I be all right? Merrill: I'm sorry. Anders: You're sorry? For me? This could be you! You could be the next monster threatening helpless girls! Merrill: Anders... There's no such thing as a good spirit. There never was. Merrill: All spirits are dangerous. I understood that. I'm sorry that you didn't.

No amount of exuses or rationalization can make the majority of the companions in DA2 more likeable or tolerable. They were just bad.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="FastEddie2121"]

FastEddie2121

No amount of exuses or rationalization can make the majority of the companions in DA2 more likeable or tolerable. They were just bad.

pretty much this but there is no arguing with texas, he will spam non stop this thread until he think's hes right and he has convinced anyone. Dragon age 2 archetypes were different, but not in a good way.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="musalala"]

:lol:[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Just because a game has classical RPG mechanics doesn't make it good. The mechanics of DAO are simply just as poor as DAII and far less balanced. Hell DAII is actually a far more balanced game than DAO and DA2 wasn't balanced well. Thats how bad DAO's combat was. And no, their fanbase has to be forced to accept change...get over it, they really do not want to make the same game over and over or tell the same story over and over. The new direction wasn't the problem with DA2 in the first place either, its that the game was rushed.texasgoldrush

stop comparing bioware and cd project, bioware is pretty much crap now with Ea squeezing the money they can out of them before they die, cd project is a rising developer studio which depending on their next two titles may see their prime and become a bigger developer. The fact is with lower budget and smaller team they managed to slap bioware in the face, i wonder what witcher 2 could've have been with the budget of bigger titles like mass effect, it would have utterly destroyed bioware.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#221 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="voljin1987"]Well developed characters? In DaO. Sorry didnt see it.. IMO Earthbound > Chrono Trigger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Final Fantasy XII > DaO The entire "tactics" thing from DaO is basically ripped from the gambits system in ff12.

This....Bioware fans confuse character establishment with character development.........in fact Bioware was poor at developing their party characters, even in the Baldur's Gate era (BGII was pretty much the villian's game). Really, Bioware got much better with character development under EA, its that fans are too dumb to notice. The core Mass Effect characters are some of th best characters this gen. Yep, and FFXII's combat was better. Also Mother 3 >>>>>>>> Earthbound.

well decided to splurge.. got myself a flash cart for the gba.. no sense waiting for the localization anymore.. time to dust off my gba micro..
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
You are a wretched human being, texas. A wretched human being.Master_ShakeXXX
The irony.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Oh and CDP also proclaimed that TW2 had 16 different endings, but really they were nearly identical....Geralt and Triss walk out of the city...Iorveth or Roche may follow. I wonder why they expanded the ending....because they did lie the first time, just like Bioware. But CDP can do no wrong, right? God you are a moron.Planeforger

Yes, the ultimate outcomes are the same, but the way the final chapter plays out seems to be significantly different depending on your choices throughout the game, offering you a personalised ending for the Geralt that you chose to play.

For example, I've only seen two of the 'Iorveth' endings - one that I received my first time, and one that my friend received - both of which were vastly different, and both of which we argued was the 'best' ending.

[spoiler] Mine involved exposing the mastermind behind the entire game's political intrigue, rescuing my loved ones, finding out the answers to my questions, and sparing the lives of all of the people  who weren't really the villains of my story. It was a very satisfying ending for me, as my Geralt was only persuing the assassin to find out what he knew about Geralt's past, and my Geralt only really cared about the political intrigue when it put his friends in danger. He had no absolutely quarrel with the assassin or the witches, and spared their lives accordingly.

Meanwhile, my friend's ending involved rescuing Iorveth and freeing his loved one from the witch's curse. He didn't discover who masterminded the assassinations in the first place, and he didn't even bother to rescue Triss, but my friend still insisted that he fulfilled everything *his* Geralt wanted to do (and thus, in his opinion, his ending was the best one).

I'm sure that there are other endings involving the heir to the Temerian throne, and so on. I'm sure those also wrap up the plot well for people interested in *that* part of the storyline. [/spoiler]

My point? The game seemed to do a great job of offering 'personalised' catharsis for the range of different Geralts that you could have been playing throughout the game. They may all end up at ultimately the same place during the outro, but it's the conclusion beforehand that is most important, and that can change in a number of different ways.

So...yeah, I think you'd have to heavily miss the purpose of The Witcher 2's roleplaying to think that CDPR simply pulled a Bioware with their ending.

Back on topic though, I remember that Dragon Age Origin's endings were weird. The game dumped a ton of choices upon you just before the credits, about where you'll go and what everyone does, and they all change the closing monologue...but that's all they did? I mean, it's nice that they included the ability to roleplay what will happen for the rest of the Warden's life, but...it just seemed off at the time. Hm.

They fixed the endings with the Enhanced Edition if you didn't notice. The Epilogue got overhauled with added cutscenes as well as improving the environmen of the epilogue based your choice to save Triss or not. They also added a slideshow wrapping up the consquences of your choices and added an outro. Hell showing the consquences of your choices was missing in the original ending. The fact is they DID pull a Bioware. They had to fix this. By using your logic, Bioware did the same thing in ME3....the outro may have been similiar but the paths taken by Shepard are completely diffferent. My Shepard could have sabatoged the genophage while another saved the cure, my Shep may be a peacemaker while his may have killed the Geth. Different characters may be alive in different playthroughs. Come to think of it, the only true difference between TW2 and ME3 is that TW2 has a choice that splits the game in two while ME3 has a far superior save import system that affects the outcome (Wrex or Wreav). But both TW2 and ME3 featured epilogues that were completely underdeveloped, rushed, and showed no consquences of your actions. Both CDP and bioware had to for free update their endings in a free DLC. And seriously could you tell me their was a Northern Kingdom wide massacre of mages if you did not save Triss before the Enhanced Edition? No, they was clarified and added on to in a major way in the free update. Nevermind CDP also added a quest in each path's Act III, finally completing Roche's story. Yeah, Roche's story was completely unfinished in the first release because it was never explained how Anais was given to Dethmold. It was a diablous ex machina plain and simple. Now that is also fixed.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

Krelian-co

stop comparing bioware and cd project, bioware is pretty much crap now with Ea squeezing the money they can out of them before they die, cd project is a rising developer studio which depending on their next two titles may see their prime and become a bigger developer. The fact is with lower budget and smaller team they managed to slap bioware in the face, i wonder what witcher 2 could've have been with the budget of bigger titles like mass effect, it would have utterly destroyed bioware.

Then why was ME3 better critically recieved and have more awards than TW2? They didn't slap Bioware in the face with their save import thats for sure.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="musalala"]

cain006

musalala

Hell, Mass Effect 3 is a better RPG than ME1................ME3 had more customization options with powers themselves and more weapon variety. Nevermind you aren't pigeon holed anymore to one morality just for charm and intimidate.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#226 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="musalala"]Mass Effect 3 is a much better rpg than Mass Effect 2 so I dunno what you mean by that.

[QUOTE="musalala"]

texasgoldrush

Hell, Mass Effect 3 is a better RPG than ME1................ME3 had more customization options with powers themselves and more weapon variety. Nevermind you aren't pigeon holed anymore to one morality just for charm and intimidate.

The problem I had with ME3 is it really felt like it was two or three games crammed into one.. Seriously there were at least 3 or 4 different plot points that could have been an entire game themselves compared to ME1 or ME2.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Please...CDProjeckt committed the same sins as Bioware....or did you forget THEY HAD TO FIX THE ENDING of The Witcher 2. Nevermind TW2 was also rushed out to the door. Oh wait....CDP wants to be Skyrim too...oh did you forget this hypocrite? The Witcher 3 is going open world, just like Skyrim. And if they can't accept change they can leave. Bioware is better off without a moronic fanbase anyway. Oh, and DAII had two significant DLC packs, did it not? I guess you don't like facts.texasgoldrush

Then why was ME3 better critically recieved and have more awards than TW2? They didn't slap Bioware in the face with their save import thats for sure.

yeah that incredibly huge difference in score explains the incredibly bigger budget over witcher 2.  You are grasping at straws scrub, cd project is a better developer than bioware they just need better budget.

H8FUQxM.png?1

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

yeah that incredibly huge difference in score explains the incredibly bigger budget over witcher 2.  You are grasping at straws scrub, cd project is a better developer than bioware they just need better budget.

H8FUQxM.png?1

did you forget the 93 Metacritics the 360 version and the PS3 version have?....way to cherry pick your argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

You guys do realize your arguing over something extremely subjective, right? The score system in the gaming industry needs to go away entirely to begin with because it really tells nothing much about the game..  I challenge you to make a coherent argument in objective terms why Witcher 2 got a 88 and Mass Effect 3 a 89.. 

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Then why was ME3 better critically recieved and have more awards than TW2? They didn't slap Bioware in the face with their save import thats for sure.sSubZerOo

You guys do realize your arguing over something extremely subjective, right? The score system in the gaming industry needs to go away entirely to begin with because it really tells nothing much about the game..  I challenge you to make a coherent argument in objective terms why Witcher 2 got a 88 and Mass Effect 3 a 89.. 

I think its gameplay....ME3's gameplay is superior on release than TW2. Since release, CDP had to rebalance the beginning to make it easier, added a tutorial, that kind of thing. The 360 version of ME3 is a 93 on 73 reviews.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#231 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

ME1 > Origins.Neon_Noir

ME2 > Everything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

texasgoldrush

I think its gameplay....ME3's gameplay is superior on release than TW2. Since release, CDP had to rebalance the beginning to make it easier, added a tutorial, that kind of thing. The 360 version of ME3 is a 93 on 73 reviews.

You haven't answered my question.. Why is ME3 a 93.. How did it get a 93, why did it lose 7 points.. And why was Witcher 2 a 88? They are two different games.. Yet again your not seeing my point, its a subjective bullsh!t score system people must get away from.. Because no person can really make a objective comparison between the two inless they are a direct sequel of a game, or are so similar that they might as well be a sequel..

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 cain006

Hell, Mass Effect 3 is a better RPG than ME1................ME3 had more customization options with powers themselves and more weapon variety. Nevermind you aren't pigeon holed anymore to one morality just for charm and intimidate.texasgoldrush
I don't know if I would say that. If you did a save import and did most the quests by the end of ME3 you had maxed out all but a couple of your skills. That kind of defeats the purpose of choosing which skills to upgrade. The weapons were terrible in ME, and the inventory was pointless. The system for weapons in ME3 is much better, upgrading just some weapons and gaining access to new ones along the way without a clunky inventory. Giving options when you upgrade powers is nice though and would've been nice to see in all the games.

And the morality system in ME3 is better, but it kind of had the advantage of being the third game in the series. ME was good for a first try.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Oh and CDP also proclaimed that TW2 had 16 different endings, but really they were nearly identical....Geralt and Triss walk out of the city...Iorveth or Roche may follow. I wonder why they expanded the ending....because they did lie the first time, just like Bioware. But CDP can do no wrong, right? God you are a moron.texasgoldrush

They fixed the endings with the Enhanced Edition if you didn't notice. The Epilogue got overhauled with added cutscenes as well as improving the environmen of the epilogue based your choice to save Triss or not. They also added a slideshow wrapping up the consquences of your choices and added an outro. Hell showing the consquences of your choices was missing in the original ending. The fact is they DID pull a Bioware. They had to fix this. By using your logic, Bioware did the same thing in ME3....the outro may have been similiar but the paths taken by Shepard are completely diffferent. My Shepard could have sabatoged the genophage while another saved the cure, my Shep may be a peacemaker while his may have killed the Geth. Different characters may be alive in different playthroughs. Come to think of it, the only true difference between TW2 and ME3 is that TW2 has a choice that splits the game in two while ME3 has a far superior save import system that affects the outcome (Wrex or Wreav). But both TW2 and ME3 featured epilogues that were completely underdeveloped, rushed, and showed no consquences of your actions. Both CDP and bioware had to for free update their endings in a free DLC. And seriously could you tell me their was a Northern Kingdom wide massacre of mages if you did not save Triss before the Enhanced Edition? No, they was clarified and added on to in a major way in the free update. Nevermind CDP also added a quest in each path's Act III, finally completing Roche's story. Yeah, Roche's story was completely unfinished in the first release because it was never explained how Anais was given to Dethmold. It was a diablous ex machina plain and simple. Now that is also fixed.

How could the ending be fixed if it was never broke in the first place? I mean, I do seem to recall you defending ME3's original ending 'til your dieing breath Now you're admitting that is was a bad ending? Good lord texas.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 musalala

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]ME1 > Origins.sune_Gem

ME2 > Everything

I approve this.

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts
This thread is blight.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#237 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i think it should be remembered for both franchises. mass effect was pretty good. da2 was okay. it wasn't horrible....it was mutha truckers

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#238 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]ME1 > Origins.sune_Gem

ME2 > Everything

ME2 is only good as a third person shooter. Of the entire trilogy it has the less RPG elements.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]ME1 > Origins.musalala

ME2 > Everything

I approve this.

ME2 is irrelevant to the discussion. This is about RPGs, not clunky shooters.