Doom movie without Doom slayer coming this fall.

• 68 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 18444 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Oh man, Sniper is SHOOK

Why couldn't they make a movie from the perspective of the Marines? That was what the original movie did (and did it very mediocre-ly) and it worked fine. The real protagonists of Doom games are the demons anyways.

It didnot worked. it failed.

only way Doom movie work if they made it like first blood equivalent where one Doomguy engage in war against demons on mars, earth and hell.

if they want to make a movie with female lead. fine do it. do a different movie like alien 1 and 2 did and they success. but dont use Doom name. as you cant make tomb raider movie starting Vin Diesel as lead.

hollywood is far more PC/SJW/feminist than Gaming industry. id software would be laughing out loud while watching the trailer and thinking were these clowns have any idea what make Doom Great?!

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@ghosts4ever: haha that is pretty cool I must admit:) however seeing doomguy shoot aliens in slow motion for 1,5 hour would probably get dull...

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2034 Posts

Why all the hate on Doom 2005? I mean, for a movie based on a video game it wasn’t bad at all.

The demons looked particularly good. I mean, it wasn’t a great movie by any means, but for a fun action flick that looked and sounded like Doom and had some great fan service, it was entertaining.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ghosts4ever

Id software are not a fan of this movie as expected.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Why are you so scared of females?

where did i said?

or if this is the case. why didnot they turn lara croft into male in tomb raider movie? Doom without Doom slayer is incomplete. its something you cant imagine.

I can imagine it, and it sounds better. Such a boring character.

Doom slayer is badass and has more personality than many characters who speaks.

LMFAO

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 568 Posts

Just the premise makes it sound lame as dicks. Like a straight to SyFy C-Movie.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#57 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 52798 Posts

Looks like a Doom movie. ;)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 218

#58  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15820 Posts

@jackamomo said:

Dwayne Johnson will never be an A grade actor. Or at least he probably own't be offered very difficult roles.

He may not be an A-grade actor. But he is easily the biggest A-list movie star.

Though he wasn't such a big movie star back when he did Doom. Now that he's the highest-paid actor, they can't afford to bring him back.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jag85

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Why are you so scared of females?

where did i said?

or if this is the case. why didnot they turn lara croft into male in tomb raider movie? Doom without Doom slayer is incomplete. its something you cant imagine.

I can imagine it, and it sounds better. Such a boring character.

Doom slayer is badass and has more personality than many characters who speaks.

What personality?

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@Jag85: I saw something about how stars don't really pull the crowds in like they used to with the exceptions of a handful including, possibly but maybe not Tom Cruise and maybe Tom Hanks. But overall star power doesn't draw audiences in the way it used to. Said one Hollywood commentator one time.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 58844 Posts

Saw the trailer a day ago, and it looks so shite lol. Not due to OP's restrictions on the Doomslayer, but damn... That budget.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jag85

@jackamomo said:

@Jag85: I saw something about how stars don't really pull the crowds in like they used to with the exceptions of a handful including, possibly but maybe not Tom Cruise and maybe Tom Hanks. But overall star power doesn't draw audiences in the way it used to. Said one Hollywood commentator one time.

Dwayne Johnson is the exception. He's easily the biggest crowd-puller in the movie industry. Any movie starring The Rock is virtually guaranteed to become a major blockbuster, even when it's not part of an established movie franchise. The Rock is like a franchise unto himself. And that's why he's the highest-paid actor.

Tom Cruise is questionable. The Mission Impossible franchise is big, but it's an established movie franchise. His non-MI movies haven't come anywhere close to the success of his MI movies (which is a shame, because Edge of Tomorrow deserved to be a major blockbuster). Unlike Johnson whose non-franchise movies are still massive crowd-pullers.

As for Tom Hanks, he's a faded star, though still his some decent drawing power left. But his star power doesn't come close to Tom Cruise, let alone The Rock.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

the first Doom movie was not good (but I liked it)...this one looks worse...looks like TV budget for this movie. :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ghosts4ever

@Jag85 said:
@jackamomo said:

Dwayne Johnson is the exception. He's easily the biggest crowd-puller in the movie industry. Any movie starring The Rock is virtually guaranteed to become a major blockbuster, even when it's not part of an established movie franchise. The Rock is like a franchise unto himself. And that's why he's the highest-paid actor.

Tom Cruise is questionable. The Mission Impossible franchise is big, but it's an established movie franchise. His non-MI movies haven't come anywhere close to the success of his MI movies (which is a shame, because Edge of Tomorrow deserved to be a major blockbuster). Unlike Johnson whose non-franchise movies are still massive crowd-pullers.

As for Tom Hanks, he's a faded star, though still his some decent drawing power left. But his star power doesn't come close to Tom Cruise, let alone The Rock.

but there has not been a good dwayne johnson movie ever made. i struggle to think one.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16085 Posts

It's a direct-to-video release; was anybody honestly expecting something remotely interesting, never mind good?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 9088 Posts

@ghosts4ever: You struggle when you try to think of anything. You should try not thinking (and not posting) for a change.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I'm not all that anal about it. Honestly, a movie starring Doomguy would be kind of weak. It would just be an OP'd actor, running with a camera on his shoulder ripping demons apart. I would rather that stay in a video game where you can be the one ripping and tearing, not watching a man mimic it for an hour and a half on my TV. That doesn't entertain me, it just makes me want to turn the movie off and play the game because the game is more fun. So, I don't mind a group of marines going around, getting killed off one by one. The female lead is a tired argument that we just need to get over. The movie isn't calling the woman the Doomslayer, or Doomgirl, at least not that I know of. In the end, it's your choice if you want to use your time to sit and watch this movie. As for me, the Dwayne Doom movie is a popcorn flick that I can put on from time to time. It's not there to blow my mind or anything, it's just there to entertain if you want it. Getting mad or irritated over video game movies is a waste of time. Since when have live action video game movies held a standard for us to piss and moan about anything? I can't think of a time, and until that day comes, Hollywood can do whatever they want with their movies.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37259 Posts

@n64dd said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@npiet1 said:

It could work, if it just explores lore and there's no "hero" but doom guy is just referenced a lot. They have seem to fix a lot compared to the other movie with making it about hell. It's a straight to DVD film which usually means it's more for fans then a general audience. I'm hopeful but expecting a okay movie if you think of it separately to the official series.

it didnot worked back in 2005 by featuring the highest paid hollywood actor dwayne johnson.

how come it would work by casting bunch of nobodies??

listens my frand. Metroid games turned out to be women, and is best game of all times. if you find out doom guy is doom girl, it will be better my friend. it will score 9's ong amestops and show everybody that RE2 is for kids and only last for 12 minutes.

Epic dude!! LMAO