Dsogaming writes :
During this year’s QuakeCon 2014, Bethesda revealed the first details for id Software’s upcoming Doom game that will be powered by id Tech 6. According to Marty Stratton, this new game will be called Doom and not Doom 4. In short, Marty confirmed that this will be some kind of a reboot of the franchise.
“Everyone at Id is excited to finally show you what in the hell do *you* need to be told about the heritage and legacy of DOOM?” said Marty and continued:
“Doom is an origin game, about fast, FAST paced combat. It’s about amazing guns and blood and gore and gibs. It’s the Doom game that we want to make and what you want to play.”
This means that Doom – contrary to Doom 3 – will feature lots of enemies on screen with lots of gore and gibs. Which is good because… this is Doom.
According to Marty, the game’s demons will be crazy and they are described as unbelievable mechanical demons built through corrupt UAC experiments.
Each of the demons is designed to create a unique combat experience.
As you’d expect, the game will feature lots of guns. Doom will sport both conventional and futuristic guns. Oh, and there will be some ‘BIG’ guns.
Marty claimed that Doom will be a fast-paced games and that players won’t have – and want – to sit behind a barrel and wait for their health to regenerate and there will be a lot of strafing.
Troy Swanson – who was present at Quakecon – claimed that Bethesda had a demo unit up and running. So yes, Doom is a thing and was showcased at QuakeCon 2014. Whether someone will manage to leak some footage from it is still unknown.
In addition, the art style of this new Doom game – or at least the demo that is being shown running on PC – is a lot like Doom 3 as there is blood on the floors, and particle effects everywhere.
What also surprised was the fact that there will be major body dismemberment. During the demo, the Doom guy ‘ripped the arm off of a dead corpse so that he could use the hand for biometric scanning.’ During another scene, a shotgun blast ‘blew a demon in two, after first blowing off his head.’ Players will also be able to cut right through demons.
Melee combat returns and there will be some close encounters as the game features a karate mechanic. Ironically, it seems that id Software was inspired by Brutal Doom as there will be some sort of fatalities in this new Doom title. Furthermore – and during the demo – there was a scene with tons of demons in a battle, during which the Doom guy was switching between plasma rifle and shogun depending on the range of enemy.
Marty also claimed that id Software targets 1080p + 60fps on both current-gen consoles.
Find out more info below :
Find out EVEN MOAR info HERE !
In short :
- Runs on id Tech 6
- Was showcased on PC
- Will be fast paced with dismemberment system , and lot of gore
- Will feature lot of guns
- Will be called "Doom" and NOT "Doom 4"
- Won't feature regen Health
- Takes place on Mars
- Demo took place inside some kind of research facility
IGN's coverage :
- Fast-paced combat against multiple enemies at once - Doom 3 this ain't.
- Set outside a massive UAC research facility on Mars as it's being invaded by the forces of Hell.
- Hellknights, cyberdemons, revenants, mancubii, and other classic monsters were spotted throughout the demo.
- Classic Doom weapons, including the fan-favorite double-barrell shotgun return. Plasma rifle, rocket launcher, and the good old chainsaw were also shown off.
- Go fast. "Doom is not about about taking cover" said executive producer Marty Stratton.
- Doom is powered by IdTech 6, and will be for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. They are "committed" to 1080P at 60 frames-per-second.
- Wonderfully gory close range executions, including special ones for dropping down on enemies from above.
- Revenants now have jetpacks and can hover about while firing rockets at you.
- At least one weapon, the combat shotgun, has an alternate fire mode, which allows you to charge up and release multiple shells in rapid succession.
- Sprinting, double-jumping and mantling are all possible, making for very fluid motion during combat.
- Enemies can teleport in for old-school style ambushes
- Dying results in a crazy fatality scene depending on what killed you a la Dead Space. Revenants rip your arms off and punch straight through your combat helment.
- Old school mechanics. No reloading your clip, hold as many weapons as you want, health and ammo pick-ups etc. NO REGENERATING HEALTH.
So far so good .