Does Xbox Series X even have RTX like the PS5? uh hard to say..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

Its my turn today yahoo.

Apparently The Medium, a timed Xbox exclusive has removed any mention of raytracing on Xbox Series X as per this very biased Xbox website that I now suddenly trust wrote:

The Medium: Ray-Tracing mentions being removed from some Xbox.com pages

An interesting discovery from XboxEra Forum member “Bsigg” has shown that The Medium’s ray-tracing capabilities may now be in doubt.

From the screen shot on the following page, it has now been removed (Link).

However, on the Xbox Series X Game Listing page, Ray-Tracing is still listed as a part of The Medium’s design.

This could of course, just be an error – or perhaps the developers have chosen a new path forward – and one that may no longer be ray-traced.

-BY JON "SIKAMIKANICO" CLARKE Xboxera

Classic Xbox team shooting themselves on the foot, ten times to make sure it works. Not only none of the Xbox showcase features gameplay running on Xbox Series X, they cannot even confirm exclusives even have this basic current gen RTX features. Mark Cerny is god.

Source:-

https://xboxera.com/2020/08/06/the-medium-ray-tracing-mentions-being-removed-from-some-xbox-com-pages/

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/the-medium

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Most likely an error.

I think the Xbox will have better RTX than PS5 due to raw specs. By how much, I'm not exactly sure.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

Neither console will have RTX as that is only for Nvidia. Don't expect much from ray tracing on next-gen consoles anyway. Real-time RT is still in its infancy. You will see advances on PC throughout the generation, but the consoles will be stuck with the same hardware which will prove inadequate for any serious RT work.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38705 Posts

But what kind of RTX will the PS5 have with 9.2tflops?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

More than The Medium on Xbox Series X ofcourse

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

More than The Medium on Xbox Series X ofcourse

That game looks like Alan Wake from 2008. Not much of a win.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rzxv04

@BassMan said:

Neither console will have RTX as that is only for Nvidia. Don't expect much from ray tracing on next-gen consoles anyway. Real-time RT is still in its infancy. You will see advances on PC throughout the generation, but the consoles will be stuck with the same hardware which will prove inadequate for any serious RT work.

Wouldn't it be likely for consoles to push more optimizations for RT as devs will focus on them and due to desperation in its weaker stats but will then serve as a multiplier for PC's power?

I guess I'm not really disagreeing with you. I think Nvidia is really going take PC for a ride. RTX cards seem to still be its own category on PC for 2 years now?

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#8 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

[UPDATE]: Bloober Team have reached out and clarified that the change seen on Xbox.com is a mistake and Ray-Tracing is 100% confirmed for The Medium on Xbox Series X.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rzxv04

@RpgGamer23q said:

[UPDATE]: Bloober Team have reached out and clarified that the change seen on Xbox.com is a mistake and Ray-Tracing is 100% confirmed for The Medium on Xbox Series X.

There ya go.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#10  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@BassMan said:

Wouldn't it be likely for consoles to push more optimizations for RT as devs will focus on them and due to desperation in its weaker stats but will then serve as a multiplier for PC's power?

I guess I'm not really disagreeing with you. I think Nvidia is really going take PC for a ride. RTX cards seem to still be its own category on PC for 2 years now?

Sure, there are optimizations that can be made, but that still doesn't make up for lack of processing power. Even an RTX 2080 Ti is not very good for ray tracing. Most games only feature one type of implementation (reflections/global illumination/shadows). Rarely do you see multiple implementations because it is so demanding. Also, the amount of rays being calculated is still very low and they apply denoising to make it look somewhat decent. It is still not of a very high quality. We need much more processing power before we start getting to a level of quality that we see with pre-rendered ray tracing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@BassMan said:

Sure, there are optimizations that can be made, but that still doesn't make up for lack of processing power. Even an RTX 2080 Ti is not very good for ray tracing. Most games only feature one type of implementation (reflections/global illumination/shadows). Rarely do you see multiple implementations because it is so demanding. Also, the amount of rays being calculated is still very low and they apply denoising to make it look somewhat decent. It is still not of a very high quality. We need much more processing power before we start getting to a level of quality that we see with pre-rendered ray tracing.

You will be surprised how much optimization can make a difference. Consoles are the perfect platform for innovating with regards to performance. A lot of the graphical advancements in gaming were due to limitations and not reliance on brute force. I look forward to rays being multi-purpose instead of single purpose as they are currently used now.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rzxv04

@BassMan said:
@rzxv04 said:
@BassMan said:

I see. I wonder if major RT upgrades are gonna be in for mid-gen.

Wouldn't 2080Ti crush all of those RT stuff if it only renders 2-3K native at 30 FPS?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

The ps5 will never be the better console....power you see!

Faster loading times...yea,but after seeing how bad the ps5 games look is that a good thing?...HaH

Tho the Spider-Man PS4 dlc that PS4 gamers can’t play looks better than anything ps5 related

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

LMAO cows are delusional if a more powerful console "doesn't have" raytracing what makes you think a overclocked 9.2 TFLOPS POS will have it?? 🤣

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rzxv04

@bluestars said:

Faster loading times...yea,but after seeing how bad the ps5 games look is that a good thing?...HaH

Tho the Spider-Man PS4 dlc that PS4 gamers can’t play looks better than anything ps5 related

I think horizon fw trailer has more going for it, more things to see. I've just watched miles trailer, frame by frame and the backgrounds are mostly blurred out.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tessellation

Nevermind, op was destroyed and TC ran away.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@rzxv04:

Horizon will look fantastic,just as Hellblade 2 will

Everything else is looking MeH,but halo has a couple of things going for it even if the devs don’t Manage to boost the visuals to fanboys standards.....it’s gameplay and multiplayer

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

Series X will always have better ray tracing due to raw CU difference.

I more interested to see the innovation that comes from RT in general due to it being more widely adopted now.

I haven't had many games on PC that took advantage of the 2080 ti fully other than 2 games.......in 2 years

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@BassMan said:

Completely agree.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

Xbox will have better raytracing, it's way more powerful.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos

@hardwenzen said:

Lets see Spiderman has RT and is a launch game which lemmings claims is a PS4 game,and Halo Infinite doesn't have RT has 5 years in the making and lemmings claims it build from ground up for series X.

I say allot more than the series X as of now.🤣🤣🤣

@bluestars said:

Spiderman >>>>>>>>>>>> Halo graphically speaking.

And to ad insult Spiderman has ray tracing Halo doesn't.

Hell i dare say Halo is the ugliest next gen game i have seen so far,considering 500 millions were pump into it and 5 years i can't even begin to understand how in hell that happen.

Like Phil Collings say in one of its song something happen on a way to heaven.😂

Nothing i have see on series X look better than Horizon 2.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

Whoopsy. Yet another backfiring thread by the SDF. 😅

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Poor thread. We hardly knew ya. 😅

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@sakaixx: Hahaha you failed big time like most of the fanboys on here!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@tormentos: How does one even bothers with rtx features on a 9.2tflops system when the company that has made it pushes it to be a 4k machine? At the end of the day you will have a failed 4k (dynamic 4k) and barely any RT. Power of the PS5 😅

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Isn't this game already 30fps on XSX? Looks like it's running at medium settings either way.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rzxv04

@bluestars said:

@rzxv04:

Horizon will look fantastic,just as Hellblade 2 will

Everything else is looking MeH,but halo has a couple of things going for it even if the devs don’t Manage to boost the visuals to fanboys standards.....it’s gameplay and multiplayer

I'm game with halo even if it would look like a ps2 game (which it won't). It's just relaxing to shoot funny looking aliens with cartoony voices. I hope it has online co-op.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So the PS5 is not only faster than XSX but more powerful too. The hits just keep coming for Xbox.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Lmao... OP nowhere to be seen. What a surprise!!!

Cows have seriously lost the plot.

filthyn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: delusional much? ps5 graphics wont touch xbox series x, an ssd cannnot save it no matter how much epicgames trys to brainwash you.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: what on earth are you taking about

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: more like the fake news keeps on coming

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So the PS5 is not only faster than XSX but more powerful too. The hits just keep coming for Xbox.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tessellation

@NathanDrakeSwag: yeah in some alternated reality , but in reality ps5 still a weak POS of 9.2 TFLOPS overclocked

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tormentos

@hardwenzen said:

@tormentos: How does one even bothers with rtx features on a 9.2tflops system when the company that has made it pushes it to be a 4k machine? At the end of the day you will have a failed 4k (dynamic 4k) and barely any RT. Power of the PS5 😅

Don't know ask Insomniac they were able to get it running on PS5 on spiderman,while 343 with $500 millions pump into halo haven't been able to.

Don't know maybe but then again everything show so far has been 4k,but is not like the series X will not go there,i mean the same was say about the pro and xbox one X and we already know the xbox one X also had to run many games at dynamic or lower resolution than 4k.

@filthyn00b said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: delusional much? ps5 graphics wont touch xbox series x, an ssd cannnot save it no matter how much epicgames trys to brainwash you.

There are PS4 games that look better than this shit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
@xantufrog said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: what on earth are you taking about

He is probably just trolling lemms.😂

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rzxv04

I'm pretty sure it was a joke post just to add system wars flava here.

"My turn today.."

"..could just be an error.."

"..Cerny is god."

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't know ask Insomniac they were able to get it running on PS5 on spiderman,while 343 with $500 millions pump into halo haven't been able to.

Don't know maybe but then again everything show so far has been 4k,but is not like the series X will not go there,i mean the same was say about the pro and xbox one X and we already know the xbox one X also had to run many games at dynamic or lower resolution than 4k.

@filthyn00b said:

There are PS4 games that look better than this shit.

I don't get it, why do you post Infinite pics when quoting me? Am i supposed to be triggered about a game that i have been carpet bombing since the Xbox event? Like what are you doing lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos

@hardwenzen said:

I don't get it, why do you post Infinite pics when quoting me? Am i supposed to be triggered about a game that i have been carpet bombing since the Xbox event? Like what are you doing lol

The picture i posted there has nothing to do with you,look below who's post the screen is.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:

The picture i posted there has nothing to do with you,look below who's post the screen is.

I noticed, but lets not pretend you haven't quoted me with Infinite pics or try to do some kind of ownage with infinite related posts. I am the one bashing it you scrub.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You are so right. Please share this sentiment as often as you can, Microsoft fannies are being fed lies. 😎

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4361 Posts

i can see pr for team green work..... its a new tech...... ahaha