Does Uncharted set a benchmark that the 360 cannot meet?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Omnisystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Omnisystem
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Pre-GT5 Console Graphics Kings:

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

2. Bioshock

3. Ratchet and Clank

Post GT5 Release:

1. GT5

2. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

3. Bioshock

kingtito

Nice opinion....of course others will disagree and they'd be just as right as you are.

No no, thats actually pretty close to the way things are RIGHT NOW.

Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
[QUOTE="ProductNumber49"]

:lol: Halo 3 has much better physics and textures than Uncharted..It has water physics and vegetation physics

Also if you want really good physics on 360,look at Alan wake and Warhound

Uncharted could fit on dvd if the sound was compressed,that game isn't even long

Polaris_choice

:lol:

:|

Halo 3 has excellent textures and physics...Not talking about models though

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
seems as if both systems are leveling out right about now, but all the signs point to ps3 growing and 360 seeing more of the same graphically.
Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

:lol: Halo 3 has much better physics and textures than Uncharted..It has water physics and vegetation physics

Uncharted could fit on dvd if the sound was compressed,that game isn't even long

ProductNumber49

Then just inmagine what the PS3 can do when it compresses its games

PS- Your sig is lame , Gears isnt a exclusive console exclusive cause its for the PC .. now read my sig:twisted:

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
gt5 may have unbelievable car details. but the environments suck dont even try and defend them. but obviously in a racing game that doesnt matter at all to some. every game has a plus and a minus. and no the 360 isnt maxed out. its all about effort and time from the devs. and alan wake might be another great looking 360 game coming.
alexmanny01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 alexmanny01
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

oh by the way Uncharted plays at 1080p on my tv for the guy that said it played at 720p.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="ProductNumber49"]

Sony_92

PS- Your sig is lame , Gears isnt a exclusive console exclusive cause its for the PC .. now read my sig:twisted:

sorry bud, but that won't happen. The PS3 can't handle compression rates in the same manner that the 360 can. Why else do you think you have to load up several GBs of data onto your HDD in order to cut down on loading times with the PS3. The PS3's BR drive is horribly slow and the lack of RAM doesn't help the PS3 one bit. Keep dreaming, but reality will catch up one day.
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts
No no it's the wii.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="ProductNumber49"]

ProductNumber49

Textures are great but the physics aren't that great. Graphically, Halo 3 is a bit overwhelming especially due to the jaggies caused by its real resolution.

On topic, ND themselves said Uncharted could be done on the 360 with a few sacrafices such as load times. Still, like Gears of War, Uncharted will be topped by another game and the process continues for second place unless there's a console game that can match or exceed Crysis's visuals, which will never happen lol. :P

Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="Sony_92"][QUOTE="ProductNumber49"]

Nedemis

sorry bud, but that won't happen. The PS3 can't handle compression rates in the same manner that the 360 can. Why else do you think you have to load up several GBs of data onto your HDD in order to cut down on loading times with the PS3. The PS3's BR drive is horribly slow and the lack of RAM doesn't help the PS3 one bit. Keep dreaming, but reality will catch up one day.

My games dont load anything onto my HDD. The only thing is saved game data which is like less then 10MB each game.

TheJuiceyBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheJuiceyBar
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
The developers of Uncharted were very clear that there is no way this game could be done on the 360. Whilst the data for the game could be spread over a 5/6 DVDs, the physics and shader performance required cannot be met by the 360. There does not seem to be anything in the works for the 360 that goes beyond Gears, and it is beginning to look like the 360 is pretty much tapped.teh_cell
Developers talk out their ass alot, the same people who made Lair said this crap. Besides, if Tomb Raider can run on 360, so can this 8 hour game.
TheJuiceyBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheJuiceyBar
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

I laugh at how cows want to believe such garbage,

believe whatever you want I am gonna go look on that NG2 trailer again (damn it is so freaking awsome)

OH and call me when the ps3 gets a AAA.

Polaris_choice

You would be better off looking at the DMC4 trailer it blows NG 2 out of the water from a visual standpoint.

Unlike cows, lemmings can play both.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

yes it does....the 360 reached its limit...most graphics look outdated next to the ps3 gamesDante2710

That is most naive statement that I have seen all today. :|

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts

Both systems are on the same level.KillaHalo2o9

Listen to this guy^^^^, its the truth.

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 michael098

Xbox fanboys just can't face realityteh_cell

OMG....:shock:

MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
Battlefield bad company has better graphics than Uncharted and Crysis like physics and its on the 360. Uncharted set a standard that others are stepping up to and equaling or bettering.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Battlefield bad company has better graphics than Uncharted and Crysis like physics and its on the 360. Uncharted set a standard that others are stepping up to and equaling or bettering.MrSickVisionz

Is Battlefield: Bad Company out yet? Nope

Is it ALSO on the PS3? Yes.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Even if by some chance the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 (which I have both and I havent seen anything on one system that couldnt be done on the other), the PS3 is still outclassed by a high-end PC.

And lets say that Uncharted 'sets a benchmark that the 360 cannot meet!', doesnt mean it will sell well.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#70 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
They fanboyism in this thread makes me want to rip my face off and feed it to my dog. FFX looks bad when compared most Xbox games but it's better than most, if not all of Xbox's exclusives. Let's stop caring about graphics and let's start caring about the other elements of a game that make it great like gameplay, plot, and value.
MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts

[QUOTE="MrSickVisionz"]Battlefield bad company has better graphics than Uncharted and Crysis like physics and its on the 360. Uncharted set a standard that others are stepping up to and equaling or bettering.leviathan91

Is Battlefield: Bad Company out yet? Nope

Is it ALSO on the PS3? Yes.

It being on the PS3 is irrelevant. The thread is about can the 360 handle something with the graphical complexity of Uncharted. Battlefield has it beaten and its on the 360. The answer would be yes. Uncharted set a standard thats going to be beaten on both systems come Q1 2008. As far as just game qualty goes, Uncharted set no standards for either system as both of them have games rated better.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]yes it does....the 360 reached its limit...most graphics look outdated next to the ps3 gamesxscrapzx

That is most naive statement that I have seen all today. :|

:lol: i was being sarcastic.......i just said it to make the cows happy
hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts
[QUOTE="ProductNumber49"][QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="ProductNumber49"]

leviathan91

Textures are great but the physics aren't that great. Graphically, Halo 3 is a bit overwhelming especially due to the jaggies caused by its real resolution.

lol, its like hes saying uncharted plants and water don't move...

ULTRA FAIL!!! :twisted: the guy wouldn't like a ps3 game if it sucked him into the tv and let him play

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Uncharted is not better looking but =

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
not really. uncharted is the best graphical game on any console as of right now and it doesn't look like anythinkg 360 has coming up will beat it however i do think if uncharted were on 360 the would have to change a couple things
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

oh by the way Uncharted plays at 1080p on my tv for the guy that said it played at 720p.

alexmanny01
Max resolution is 720p, unless the back of the uncharted box that I own is lying to me. I only brought that up because it makes me crazy every time I see one of the "true HD"guys going on about how important "true HD" is then the best PS3 title out is in 720.
Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
I still dont get it. The best looking thing about Uncharted is the cutscenes, just like Heavenly Sword. The gameplay looks good, but not blowing anything on 360 out of the water. There are still lots of games on 360 I think look better
forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 forgot_my_name
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="krunkfu2"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Both systems are on the same level.kingtito

that's so ridiculously untrue

PS3 is way more powerful, but developers need to not focus so much on visuals though, games are about gameplay.

if they wanna make pretty movies they should work at pixar or something similar.

Prove it????

Can't be because of the RSX as the 360 GPU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RSX and that's a fact

Hmmm please point me to all the games the looks vastly superior. GeOW looks every bit as good as Uncharted. The ONLY reason you're even talking about Uncharted is because of the pretty colors.

Exagerating much? If you bother to check the specs, it beats it in a few places, the RSX beats it in others.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Resident Evil 5 looks better than that crap and x360 is the lead platform for the game, and also Warhound and alan wake even if it doesnt look as good as the PC version.
puissance000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 puissance000
Member since 2003 • 1484 Posts
whatever makes u happy tc...
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

The developers of Uncharted were very clear that there is no way this game could be done on the 360. Whilst the data for the game could be spread over a 5/6 DVDs, the physics and shader performance required cannot be met by the 360. There does not seem to be anything in the works for the 360 that goes beyond Gears, and it is beginning to look like the 360 is pretty much tapped.teh_cell

Only Mass Effect surpasses it by MILLION of MILES, since it does betetr graphics and in MUCH bigger levels

GSBannedMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GSBannedMe
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="RaveRabbid"]

[QUOTE="teh_cell"]The developers of Uncharted were very clear that there is no way this game could be done on the 360. Whilst the data for the game could be spread over a 5/6 DVDs, the physics and shader performance required cannot be met by the 360. There does not seem to be anything in the works for the 360 that goes beyond Gears, and it is beginning to look like the 360 is pretty much tapped.H3llstrike

Uncharted looks slightly better than Gears for the X360. Hardly a victory. Spread over 5 to 6 dvds.... more like 1 dvd. Heck the game is less than 8 hours long and has no multiplayer.

Gears was only eight hours also, I rather have eight awesome hours then twenty boring hours. I'm sorry lems most of you in this thread have not played Uncharted so why the hate you guys are just as bad as the cows! funny you guys are graphic whores, yet you don't want to acknowledge the obvious that Uncharted looks better does that make Gears crap hell no. I have both and Halo 3 :lol: no where close to either one. What's the problem here guys it's not a pissing contest! As usual my common sense response will no doubt be overlooked in favor of some stupid fanbots remarks on both sides. This place is full of idiots who like to argue more about what game looks better then actually playing said game, so lame. True gamers go where the good games are f*** brand loyalty.

You speak the truth. The screenshots tell the whole story. None of those 360 screen shots look as good as Uncharted. Lemmings just need to man up to the truth. Uncharted look better than EVERYTHING on 360. Gears looks great. I have it. I play it on PC with higher rez and higher textures. But even at highers rez + textures Uncharted still looks better in my opinion.. and a lot of that has to do with the lighting and the awesome textures.

Uncharted is Console graphics king folks. Get used to it.

GSBannedMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GSBannedMe
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Damn those Bioshock 360 pictures are fugly.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

Since when did it become the universal agreement that Uncharted was the best looking game out there on consoles?

Yes, it is a VERY nice looking game with GREAT graphics, but it is no where near (in my opinion) at the top or the kning of graphics (why does this topic even matter, I have no idea).

In my opinion, Assassin's Creed probably has the best graphics if you look at it with an open mind. It streams an ENTIRE CITY with hundreds of NPCs roaming around and ambient crowd and it still manages to look fantastic and every area looks different. I also think Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and Halo 3 look on par or better than Uncharted. (Yes, I said Halo 3, because if you pay attention to the small details and the textures, you'll realize that Halo's graphics are actually really top teir)

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DonPerian

Since when did it become the universal agreement that Uncharted was the best looking game out there on consoles?

Yes, it is a VERY nice looking game with GREAT graphics, but it is no where near (in my opinion) at the top or the kning of graphics (why does this topic even matter, I have no idea).

In my opinion, Assassin's Creed probably has the best graphics if you look at it with an open mind. It streams an ENTIRE CITY with hundreds of NPCs roaming around and ambient crowd and it still manages to look fantastic and every area looks different. I also think Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and Halo 3 look on par or better than Uncharted. (Yes, I said Halo 3, because if you pay attention to the small details and the textures, you'll realize that Halo's graphics are actually really top teir)

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
[QUOTE="H3llstrike"][QUOTE="RaveRabbid"]

[QUOTE="teh_cell"]The developers of Uncharted were very clear that there is no way this game could be done on the 360. Whilst the data for the game could be spread over a 5/6 DVDs, the physics and shader performance required cannot be met by the 360. There does not seem to be anything in the works for the 360 that goes beyond Gears, and it is beginning to look like the 360 is pretty much tapped.GSBannedMe

Uncharted looks slightly better than Gears for the X360. Hardly a victory. Spread over 5 to 6 dvds.... more like 1 dvd. Heck the game is less than 8 hours long and has no multiplayer.

Gears was only eight hours also, I rather have eight awesome hours then twenty boring hours. I'm sorry lems most of you in this thread have not played Uncharted so why the hate you guys are just as bad as the cows! funny you guys are graphic whores, yet you don't want to acknowledge the obvious that Uncharted looks better does that make Gears crap hell no. I have both and Halo 3 :lol: no where close to either one. What's the problem here guys it's not a pissing contest! As usual my common sense response will no doubt be overlooked in favor of some stupid fanbots remarks on both sides. This place is full of idiots who like to argue more about what game looks better then actually playing said game, so lame. True gamers go where the good games are f*** brand loyalty.

You speak the truth. The screenshots tell the whole story. None of those 360 screen shots look as good as Uncharted. Lemmings just need to man up to the truth. Uncharted look better than EVERYTHING on 360. Gears looks great. I have it. I play it on PC with higher rez and higher textures. But even at highers rez + textures Uncharted still looks better in my opinion.. and a lot of that has to do with the lighting and the awesome textures.

Uncharted is Console graphics king folks. Get used to it.

Yeah u played it on ur imaginay high end pc like the rest of the cows :lol: good we wont have u around here long :D
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

Both systems are on the same level.KillaHalo2o9

exactly, why wont cows lems learn this

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
The only benchmarks Uncharted sets are in boredom and dumbest lead character ever. "Gee, should I turn my cel off before trying to sneak up on somebody?"
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

[QUOTE="blacktorn"]ok teh cell...whatever you say :roll:Rikusaki

When the CELL and the RSX are programmed to work together, nothing can stop the graphical powerhouse that is the PS3.

The cell does what any cpu can do. I see a lot of PS3 fanboys saying how the cell can render 3D graphics. Any cpu can render 3D graphics.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 imprezawrx500

just imagine what Uncharted 2 will look like ;)snipe2004

if its on ps3 it willlook worse than crysis

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 imprezawrx500

ProductNumber49

if you want good physics you buy crysis and 360's best looking games geow is a joke for physics and bioshock doesn't have much either

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 michael098

ok teh cell...whatever you say :roll:blacktorn

When the CELL and the RSX are programmed to work together, nothing can stop the graphical powerhouse that is the PS3.

A P4 and a 2 year old graphics card should do the trick.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 imprezawrx500

I laugh at how cows want to believe such garbage,

believe whatever you want I am gonna go look on that NG2 trailer again (damn it is so freaking awsome)

OH and call me when the ps3 gets a AAA.

amorbis1001

funny how a year later and geow is still the best looking 360 game ok bioshock is close but not better and then both are best on pc

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="krunkfu2"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Both systems are on the same level.kingtito

PS3 is way more powerful, but developers need to not focus so much on visuals though, games are about gameplay.

if they wanna make pretty movies they should work at pixar or something similar.

Prove it????

Can't be because of the RSX as the 360 GPU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RSX and that's a fact

Hmmm please point me to all the games the looks vastly superior. GeOW looks every bit as good as Uncharted. The ONLY reason you're even talking about Uncharted is because of the pretty colors.

and neither can beat a 8600gt :lol: $650nzd console can't out do a $150nzd gpu :lol:
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DonPerian
Oh also, Alan Wake and Resident Evil 5, which are both coming out on the 360, with RE5 coming out on the PS3 as well, are going to look better than Uncharted so to answer your question, no, the 360 is far from being "tapped out".
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 michael098
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="krunkfu2"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Both systems are on the same level.imprezawrx500

Prove it????

and neither can beat a 8600gt :lol: $650nzd console can't out do a $150nzd gpu :lol:

The truth is both consoles are as crap as eachother in terms of graphics. And whats NZD??

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 imprezawrx500
really gt5 doesn't look that good in the environments, fixed backgrounds ftw :lol:
hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts

The only benchmarks Uncharted sets are in boredom and dumbest lead character ever. "Gee, should I turn my cel off before trying to sneak up on somebody?"DXGreat1_HGL

i though he was very refreshing.... all the character around now are badass, drake? he screams cr*p over and over while jumping out of a plain. nice and human!

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
I think 360 can pull off Uncharted's graphical detail. I also think it's safe to say that we will continue to see exclusive titles look better on PS3 as devs continue to full utilize the hardware.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#100 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
uncharted is good but the 360 could do it graphicaly no problem..