Does the Wii U still have the best console lineup?

• 125 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

At the end of last year, it was widely accepted that the Wii U had the best lineup of all any console on the market- an uncannily strong exclusive showing, coupled with transitional blues for the other systems, and the general failure of multiplat games, made it a no brainer. However, a year later, with the Wii U having had a weaker year, and some pretty good exclusive and multiplat games for the other consoles, do we still think the Wii U has the best lineup of any console on the market?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

For exclusives yes, overall no in my opinion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55821 Posts

I would say yes it does and so did 3DS as well. Seriously charz, your starting to kill me praising Wii U then 3DS, my lovely 3DS.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Waiting for the: "those are baby games. i play super mega adult games like COD and assassin's creed and bloodstorm: the gun saga X- bullet babies reborn.

You left out Captain Toad and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yes. Still need to grab DK:TF

Best exclusives,based on either GS or MC.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

It never did for me. I respect the quality, but I don't really like cartoon games and that is basically all they make with a few exceptions.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Not for me, but it never did to begin with.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Still? No multiplats eliminates it from having best lineup. Their exclusives aren't that good. If they were they would sell more consoles

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#9 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

bloodstorm: the gun saga X- bullet babies reborn

I would not play this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NFJSupreme said:

Still? No multiplats eliminates it from having best lineup. Their exclusives aren't that good. If they were they would sell more consoles

Ah yes, I keep forgetting sales determine quality.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#11 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Easily the best console exclusive library. Third party support doesnt exist yes, but for everything else there is PC.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

No Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Halo 5, Rise of TR, MGS5. I dont really care for all that many of their exclusives and without the big multis it does not for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

It does for me, ive enjoyed every single one of them games so far. Also enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, game is awesome.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

For me, yes.

At least when it comes to exclusives.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#16  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

No. Maybe to System Wars and the small community of gamers that post on internet forums about videogames, the Wii-U will get a nod that it is from people.

But in the real world, majority of consumers dont care about exclusives for the most part and people want a platform that has access to the big multiplatform games like MGSV, FIFA and Fallout 4 etc. And let's not forget stuff like other multiplatform games (indie titles, niche games, middle-tier releases) that dont make it to the Wii-U. The list is quite significant and that shouldnt be ignored just because they arent exclusive -- because they're still not present within the Wii-U lineup and bolster up others.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

In terms of having a wide appeal, I don't think they're the best... In terms of having top-quality exclusives, then for sure.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NFJSupreme

@charizard1605: if Nintendo had the best games the wii u wouldn't be a failure. At some point people would start to buy the system. I'm not saying first place but the console wouldn't be the complete failure it is if the lineup was as good as you are claiming

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Not if you want to play the big name titles like TW3 and FO4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NFJSupreme said:

@charizard1605: if Nintendo had the best games the wii u wouldn't be a failure. At some point people would start to buy the system. I'm not saying first place but the console wouldn't be the complete failure it is if the lineup was as good as you are claiming

No, it is, as a matter of fact, possible for a console to be a failure even with the best games- the Wii U is overpriced, undermarketed, unsupported, and addresses issues no one had to begin with. That is the reason it sold as badly as it did, not its lack of good games. As a matter of fact, it has sold as much as it did, whatever that number is, because of the games it has, and nothing else.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Mario Party 10? Aren't those pretty bad?

pankar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pankar94
Member since 2014 • 251 Posts

If Wii U had 3rd party support it would be the best console out there.I believe that Wii U has the best exclusives.I hope Nintendo will change their minds and make their new system friendly to devs.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Exclusives, I can get with that narrative. Though I like Bloodborne and Halo 5 way more than any Nintendo exclusive, Nintendo's quantity of quality exclusives is awesome. I wish there was more variety.

Overall? The ****?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NFJSupreme

@charizard1605: the lineup still isn't the best or it would have sole more. No multiplats eliminates it from having the beSt linup. Which is why it sold what it did and is a dead console. People bought it because they are die hard fans of Nintendo am their franchises. But you can't claim the best lineup when there are no multiplats and one or two really good exclusives. I'm sorry but mario a bunch of mediocre party games and beyonettta doesn't move the needle.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23765 Posts

For games that I can not already play on the PC. Yes. Otherwise no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NFJSupreme said:

@charizard1605: the lineup still isn't the best or it would have sole more. No multiplats eliminates it from having the beSt linup. Which is why it sold what it did and is a dead console. People bought it because they are die hard fans of Nintendo am their franchises. But you can't claim the best lineup when there are no multiplats and one or two really good exclusives. I'm sorry but mario a bunch of mediocre party games and beyonettta doesn't move the needle.

You're just repeating yourself, and I have already answered these points, so I won't bother. I will address this last part:

mario a bunch of mediocre party games and beyonettta doesn't move the needle.

This would be so accurate if it was at all true. Sadly it isn't. :(

(hint: only two of the games listed are party games)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13624 Posts

Yeah, I think so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I think they got listed out of respect of the fans of those games. Even with all the hate those games received, majority of people who have played them enjoy them. Ill be the first to tell you that i dont like party games, but my friends who do, love Mario Party 10 just as much as any. They still claim there is no party game as good. Now Kirby Rainbow Curse, i love that game. That game is very underrated, its single player is good, coop is great, and its hardcore challenges are amazing.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bread_or_Decide

Multiplatform games are over rated. Those are the games most gamers complain about the MOST for being unpolished, derivative, cliched, tired, old, and redundant. I'm not afraid to say multiplats are my least favorite type of game on any console. Exclusives all the way. First and second party games that take real advantage of a console's particular hardware and capabilities.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

yup, nintendo is amazing

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think it easily has the best overall lineup, but I really don't like very many games at all that come from the major 3rd party developers. If I liked those games, then I'd probably rank it last.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bread_or_Decide

@mesome713 said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

I think they got listed out of respect of the fans of those games. Even with all the hate those games received, majority of people who have played them enjoy them. Ill be the first to tell you that i dont like party games, but my friends who do, love Mario Party 10 just as much as any. They still claim there is no party game as good. Now Kirby Rainbow Curse, i love that game. That game is very underrated, its single player is good, coop is great, and its hardcore challenges are amazing.

There's no way in hell Rainbow curse is a bad game. The controls are a definite challenge which kept me from trying to find all the collectibles but the game itself is excellent. The most glaring flaw is that you have to look away from the beautiful HD graphics on the TV and stare down at the low res Wii U screen to play it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14491 Posts

Based on the entirety of the available 8th generation console library, no. Exclusive games? Closer question, but only just: PS4 still leads IMO.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Exclusives, yes. Overall, it's a complete joke.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide

@Basinboy said:

Based on the entirety of the available 8th generation console library, no. Exclusive games? Closer question, but only just: PS4 still leads IMO.

How does the PS4 lead? Only in sales. Xbox one beats it in exclusives. And again when did multiplats become so important to gamers?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@mesome713 said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

There's no way in hell Rainbow curse is a bad game. The controls are a definite challenge which kept me from trying to find all the collectibles but the game itself is excellent. The most glaring flaw is that you have to look away from the beautiful HD graphics on the TV and stare down at the low res Wii U screen to play it.

Thats very true, when i played as Kirby, i played and looked at the Gamepad at all times, The other players got to enjoy the big screen.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

If you wanted to make a point, why did you put so many crappy WiiU games on that list?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

You basically just listed every game worth something on Wii-U. Some nice games in there, but IMO if we are looking at the entire lineup it was easily passed this year by both of the gen 8 twins. It will only get worse, as the Wii-U only get's a handful of games per year compared to the dozens of quality games the competition gets every year.

This year alone, no Star Wars: Battlefront, No Assassin's Creed Syndicate, No Black Ops III, No Metal Gear Solid V, No Transformers:Devastation, no Mad Max, no Just Cause 3, no Rainbow Six Siege, no Fallout 4, no Witcher III, and on and on. That's just multiplats, nevermind the perfectly solid exclusives like Bloodborne, Halo 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5, Tearaway, Gears of War Remaster, Forza 6, etc.

The Wii-U missed out on more games just this year than it has in the entire history of it's lineup.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14491 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Basinboy said:

How does the PS4 lead? Only in sales. Xbox one beats it in exclusives. And again when did multiplats become so important to gamers?

Good games are important, exclusive or otherwise. Multiplatform games have always been important, it's one of the biggest reasons the Xbox and GC struggled and the 360 soared.

Here's the list of exclusives for each platform (current and upcoming), let us know why you disagree. I do not know if the list includes titles that are timed or "console exclusive," as the platform makers like to label them.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Basinboy said:

lol it doesn't you've been listening to SW bs from dumb fanboys too long. Even if we just go by Gamespot what you said isn't true. A quick glance at MC makes you look silly.

If you are denying that PS4 beats xbone in exclusives based on personal preference alone then you should clarify because it barely has any exclusives to talk about to begin with. PS4 swamps xbone in high quality exclusives this gen (and every other type of game as well) only servery ignorant lemmings try to deny this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

WiiU > X1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS4

So yeah.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Comparing just exclusives is an incomplete way to compare Nintendo consoles to other systems, because many of the 3rd party multiplatform games aren't on Nintendo systems especially the Wii U. So while Nintendo have great 1st party exclusives, it's missing a lot of the great 3rd party games that are given on other systems.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7680 Posts

I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo, so I might be a bit biased. I own a high end PC and ps4+wii u from the current gen consoles.

For me Nintendo is easily the best console to go with the pc, I game a lot more on the wii u than I do on ps4, tho this may change as more ps4 exclusives arrive next year. Nintendo games may not have the cutting edge visuals but they more than make up for that with great gameplay.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Multiplatform games are over rated. Those are the games most gamers complain about the MOST for being unpolished, derivative, cliched, tired, old, and redundant. I'm not afraid to say multiplats are my least favorite type of game on any console. Exclusives all the way. First and second party games that take real advantage of a console's particular hardware and capabilities.

This attitude is just silly. While all true "system warriors" love them some exclusives - multiplats have been the dominant force in gaming for almost a decade now. To ignore them, is to ignore the vast majority of great games.

Also, exclusive doesn't always mean the game will run perfectly. Plenty of issues on early PS3 and 360 exclusives, there was some really bad screen tearing on Heavenly Sword (PS3) and Uncharted (PS3) and Ghost Recon (360) - for instance. Nintendo is generaly the best developer at scaling down their games to the hardware to make them run smooth - but even then the Wii-U is not perfect. Look at something like Lego City Undercover Wii-U which had a broken framerate (same thing many multiplats get criticized for). Wind Waker HD has some framerate issues - and I have played plenty of "exclusive" 3DS games that stutter as well. Nintendo is generally the best at "polishing" their games, but they aren't perfect.

Now exclusives do tend to have an extra coat of polish, I'm not denying that. But at the end of the day a great game is a great game - and most of the time even the "broken" games at launch are eventually fixed.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

No.........WiiU still have the most poor lineup.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Man, I would really love to play SOMETHING ELSE other than a few exclusives in a WiiU.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Basinboy said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Basinboy said:

Good games are important, exclusive or otherwise. Multiplatform games have always been important, it's one of the biggest reasons the Xbox and GC struggled and the 360 soared.

Here's the list of exclusives for each platform (current and upcoming), let us know why you disagree. I do not know if the list includes titles that are timed or "console exclusive," as the platform makers like to label them.

Most of those are on PC. Lots of them are indies. Even more of them are not big budget titles. I don't know about you but I don't buy a new system to play indie games. Where is the equivalent of Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6? Even their remasters lack any real pizazz. More work was done on the MCC than on the nathan drake collection. Also a few of those are Vita ports and remasters. I'm not impressed and no one else is either. A few of them aren't even out yet, i.e. Detroit and Uncharted 4. And Gran Turismo 7? that's YEARS away.

Listing The Last Guardian is a cruel joke. And again horizon zero dawn is quite some time away and shouldn't be on the list. What's available RIGHT NOW that's worth playing? BloodBorne...and that's all folks.

In two years Wii U had MK8 and 3D world on their console. This fall they have Xeno X and Mario Maker. Xbox One has Halo 5 and Forza 6. What's PS4 have this holiday season? Exactly.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4563 Posts

Exclusive titles, yes. Overall, no. 3rd party titles are very important and I couldn't go without the option to play them. In other words I'd take a ps4 or x1 over the wii u. Wii u does have some quality exclusives, especially splatoon.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

This attitude is just silly. While all true "system warriors" love them some exclusives - multiplats have been the dominant force in gaming for almost a decade now. To ignore them, is to ignore the vast majority of great games.

Also, exclusive doesn't always mean the game will run perfectly. Plenty of issues on early PS3 and 360 exclusives, there was some really bad screen tearing on Heavenly Sword (PS3) and Uncharted (PS3) and Ghost Recon (360) - for instance. Nintendo is generaly the best developer at scaling down their games to the hardware to make them run smooth - but even then the Wii-U is not perfect. Look at something like Lego City Undercover Wii-U which had a broken framerate (same thing many multiplats get criticized for). Wind Waker HD has some framerate issues - and I have played plenty of "exclusive" 3DS games that stutter as well. Nintendo is generally the best at "polishing" their games, but they aren't perfect.

Now exclusives do tend to have an extra coat of polish, I'm not denying that. But at the end of the day a great game is a great game - and most of the time even the "broken" games at launch are eventually fixed.

He's right. Sure there is the rare multiplat that is just awesome (usually made by Rockstar), but we only get one of those every couple of years. I don't really care if I miss out on games made by EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Bethesda. The Japanese 3rd party games the Wii U misses really hurt, though.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@charizard1605: If you're a fan of cartoon 2D and 3D platformers, mascot fighters, kart racers, and local multiplayer, then yes.

If you're a fan of racing sims, adventure games, open world games, competitive fighting games, JRPGs, story-based games, first person and third person shooters, then no not really. Wii U offers very little variety, if any at all, in most of these genres.