Does the way EA handled Starwars, make you lose hype for Anthem?

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I wont lie I lost hype for starwars months ago, but just looking at how bad it is; I can't get excited for anything EA. I was realy iinterested in Anthem, but now I just have a gut feeling that EA will ruin it with greed.

Bioware claims to want to support this game with up to ten years of continuous content, so I know EA is gonna bleed every dollar out of this game.

Welcome to the future of gaming.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I didn't care about Anthem to begin with.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I never have hype for any game these days as i'm not (don't get offended people) young any more. I rather just have a wait & see approach for everything these days because gaming as a whole is sitting in the shitter and very few games these days are worth the wait, unlike they were in the 90's.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Its got co-op so ill at least enjoy playing with friends.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I am cautiously optimistic, as I am with most big published games now-a-days. I do it with Ubisoft games, EA games, Capcom games, etc.. I basically do it with every AAA publisher, and never pre-order(or buy) unless I've seen a good amount of gameplay and/or played a beta.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mercenary848

@i_p_daily said:

I never have hype for any game these days as i'm not (don't get offended people) young any more. I rather just have a wait & see approach for everything these days because gaming as a whole is sitting in the shitter and very few games these days are worth the wait, unlike they were in the 90's.

I am one of the most meticulous people you will ever meet, I don't buy anything over 20$ without at least planning to for 2 months. When I say I am hyped for a game, I mean I am actively doing my research and checking the pros and cons. I have no time for wait and see. Also there are always good games coming out, now we are just in a position where advertisers dont bother trying to market to a wide audience. You have to do your homework to find the good games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Yes I still do. When I see people throw around words like "greed" I wonder how much time are you volunteering for others? How much money out of your check are you donating to others?

Of course the nature of the internet will take what I am saying to the opposite extreme as me being 100% for pay to win. Of course I'm not. But I'm also grounded enough to understand that maximizing profit is the point in business and calling others greedy for trying to do it while you aren't walking on fvckin water is hypocritical.

This is a licensed product that they were willing to see how far they can push something because its Star Wars. It will still get its sales because its fvckin Star Wars. Anthem doesn't have anything close to its market footprint, so no I don't believe they ensure the game doesn't sell by repeating the pay to win crap.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

No, I’m still very hyped for Anthem. Actually given the backlash that Battlefront II has received and the poor reception of Mass Effect Andromeda I’m pretty confident that they really don’t want to screw this one up as well.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mercenary848

@Archangel3371 said:

No, I’m still very hyped for Anthem. Actually given the backlash that Battlefront II has received and the poor reception of Mass Effect Andromeda I’m pretty confident that they really don’t want to screw this one up as well.

Idk man, I feel like they know that what you consider a screw up is not enough to hurt their profits.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#10 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Destiny 2 lowered my hype for Anthem. I realized that Destiny was a one trick pony and that other companies are now trying to capitalize on the same ideas. I don't need another GAAS, I want a complete game. Its apparent that Anthem will follow a similar model to Destiny, barely giving you enough content. Then, they dangle expansion after expansion (for money of course) to try to keep you engaged. The only thing that actually keeps you coming back to these games are your friends. Once your friends realize what a cash grab this shit is, everyone will move on and you will forget the game ever existed.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

EA's handling of Bullfrog and Origin made me lose hype/trust for them.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

+1. Bioware's declined so far and shed so many key members I have absolutely no faith in that developer, let alone EA influence.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I am one of the most meticulous people you will ever meet, I don't buy anything over 20$ without at least planning to for 2 months. When I say I am hyped for a game, I mean I am actively doing my research and checking the pros and cons. I have no time for wait and see. Also there are always good games coming out, now we are just in a position where advertisers dont bother trying to market to a wide audience. You have to do your homework to find the good games.

Well this my hobby so I won't do any research on a game other than maybe a trailer or two, as I've bought a few games (will just stick to this gen) that I knew nothing about like Child of Light, Max: Curse of Brotherhood etc and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mercenary848

@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Well this my hobby so I won't do any research on a game other than maybe a trailer or two, as I've bought a few games (will just stick to this gen) that I knew nothing about like Child of Light, Max: Curse of Brotherhood etc and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Everyone is different, but there is no wrong way of doing it. I just personally feel that if I can follow a game for a couple months(or years) and then get it after learning that ill truly enjoy it, then it is worth a buy. If I impulse buy, I usually regret it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Everyone is different, but there is no wrong way of doing it. I just personally feel that if I can follow a game for a couple months(or years) and then get it after learning that ill truly enjoy it, then it is worth a buy. If I impulse buy, I usually regret it.

I get what you're talking about and if it works for you then that's cool, me on the other hand I could never follow a game for years as I just get sick of waiting and will just forget all about it.

Yeah buying games on impulse can lead to some stinkers, but can also lead to some gems you would never play normally so to me the risk is worth it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That implies I ever had hype to begin with.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mercenary848

@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I get what you're talking about and if it works for you then that's cool, me on the other hand I could never follow a game for years as I just get sick of waiting and will just forget all about it.

Yeah buying games on impulse can lead to some stinkers, but can also lead to some gems you would never play normally so to me the risk is worth it.

We have come to the understanding that we bot have individual buying habits, and there i no need for debate. Congrats we have found the solution to system wars!

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mercenary848

@Wasdie said:

Imo its a very good looking game, but I dont know your tastes which could be different.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:

We have come to the understanding that we bot have individual buying habits, and there i no need for debate. Congrats we have found the solution to system wars!

Nah there are way too many cows here to slay, so SW never ends :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

I'm still taking an interest in Anthem. Besides a few videos, much about the game is still unknown. Since this is coming from Bioware, I'll assume Anthem will have single player so I ain't got no worries. I am excited for it, as long as it's not as bad as EA's Battlefront II's microtransactions/loot boxes. Anthem was one of the most surprising reveal coming from E3 2017.

Also, I'm not getting this Destiny vibe coming from Anthem since the reveal doesn't even look like Destiny at all.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I don't buy EA games.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#23  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

^This

It is a Destiny clone that is coming 3 years too late. And I guarantee you it will have the same ME3 style loot box if not worse. Looking forward to Anthem is like looking forward to getting pick-pocket by a reasonably attractive grifter.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I agree, people are way too attached to their favorite peice of plastic and aren't unbiased posters like me who enjoys games on all platforms.

Shame really, I'm buggered out about it...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@Wasdie said:

Imo its a very good looking game, but I dont know your tastes which could be different.

Pretty game sure, but all we saw was a very linear level and a lot of very generic shooting. It's supposed to be doing the whole Destiny thing. They showed nothing in that footage that would indicate that they've figure out a way to make Desinty's gameplay loop fun for more than a few hours.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

What's Anthem?

I know what it is, but I couldn't give two shits about it. BioWare is dead and has been dead since Mass Effect 3's ending.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Heil68: why you be trolling?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Heil68

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Heil68: why you be trolling?

I'm not, 100% manticore with unbiased opinion. Own all platforms -Switch and a 3DS. We need more people who speak the TRUTH and follow SONY's Live, Learn and Love.

Cant be 100$% biased fanboys like you.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

from the moment they announced Anthem was gonna be a Destiny type game...I knew exactly what they're going for. There's no way Anthem will not be adopting the scummy tactics Bungie and Activision uses for Destiny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Heil68 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:

I agree, people are way too attached to their favorite peice of plastic and aren't unbiased posters like me who enjoys games on all platforms.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I really enjoy Destiny 2, having a total blast with friends online, and we don't touch the pvp. So I'm also really looking forward to Anthem, we've seen basically nothing on it so I have zero hype at the moment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

If Anthem was made by a totally different company, prob wouldn't be interested, because the game itself doesn't look interesting.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68

@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Funniest thing I've read all day.

take the good, you take the bad and then you have the FACTS of life, the FACTs of life.

awwwww yeahhhhh

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#34  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Never hyped to begin with. It just looks like Destiny with mechs. Wow. So unique. Much hype. Not.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

"Does the way EA handled Starwars, make you lose hype for Anthem?"

Yes. Yes it does.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Mass effect Andromeda, DOA and now shelved, Battlefront 2 created enough of a dumpster fire that they pulled their micro-transactions for the launch window in the hope of re-introducing them later once the outrage dies down. Now Anthem...I would like it to be good and I would like it to avoid the heavy handed monetization that is so prevalent at the moment, but unfortunately given EA's stated position on this I see that as unlikely.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

When it was announced I was thinking that it looked cool. I like mech suits, I liked their design. The idea of being able to fly around and swim underwater. But after BF2 I expect nothing from EA, and I will actively avoid finding out what kind of game this is.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

No, not really. That BioWare sucks made me not have any hype for Anthem in the first place.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#39  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Anthem looks good to me. I am not going to get too hyped for any game these days because there have been so many broken games, uninspired games, and shady practises by so many companies. Developers need to prove to me that they deserve my money. I reserve that judgement for when the final game is released. No pre-order bullshit or hype. Deliver the goods and you will have my money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I cant lose what I never had. Never was hyped for Anthem ever since it's unveiling. The video made it look like yet another loot box fest with uninspired gameplay. The graphics were pretty, sure, but I never trust these reveal videos ever since Watch Dogs and The Division fake graphics videos

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Kinda looks like a generic game to me with a flashy backdrop. I am not optimistic

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I never had any hype for Anthem to begin with, so I had nothing to lose. Anthem always looked like the kind of game that I would not enjoy.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

This. I'm tired of online games. They are played out.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#44  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Nope. A bunch of dorks whining wont stop me from having fun.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

You might want to look at this. EA fired a dev for objecting the pay to win thing. Things are getting worse for EA.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/21/plants-vs-zombies-creator-reportedly-fired-by-ea-for-objecting-to-play-to-win

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well, if Destiny 2 can be an actual good game, literally anything deserves at least a chance. I need to see more on Anthem, though. The teaser looked nice but lord knows where the game is at now.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

There's still lot of good stuff from EA.

And I'd say it's not EA's fault Battlefront II is a failure. It's Star Wars game. And SW has already been milked dry as a franchise. There really is nothing new you can do with SW, so it is quite impossible to make an exciting new SW game. Especially since the new SW movies are boring and, fankly, ghastly rubbish.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Never hyped to begin with. It just looks like Destiny with mechs. Wow. So unique. Much hype. Not.

Pretty much this. I always assumed it would be a service MP game, so it was a no go for me.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

There's still lot of good stuff from EA.

And I'd say it's not EA's fault Battlefront II is a failure. It's Star Wars game. And SW has already been milked dry as a franchise. There really is nothing new you can do with SW, so it is quite impossible to make an exciting new SW game. Especially since the new SW movies are boring and, fankly, ghastly rubbish.

I strongly disagree. There hasn't been a good RPG Star Wars game since KOTOR 2 (released 13 years ago), and that was so long ago, the concept could be so much better. And the replay could be so much different if you are able to play through as a force user (light and/or dark) vs bounty hunter vs different types of soldiers, etc.

And EA's last game that I enjoyed was DA:I (even though it caught a lot of flak), before that NCAA Football. EA has pumped out a TON of garbage in recent years.