Does SW Agree Iphone is the Greatest Gaming Platform of all Time?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Whaaat?! :lol:

CaseyWegner

What is it you don't understand? If a 5$ tower defense arcade game is equal to a AAA GOTY retail PC game, then so are handheld games and so are IOS and Anroid games, they are all games, they are all reviewed here and on Metacritic. Obviously this is nonsense, but CaseyWegner is trying to make this rule happen.

my vote thread says nothing about adding new systems to the metagame. if that's what it was for, i would have mentioned it.

You have nothing to do with adding new systems, this is system wars the only reason they didn't count before was because they had no retail games. Handhelds didn't count either because of the standard difference, if you ignore the standards they now count.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Eddie-Vedder
Butthurt cow on the loose!freedomfreak
Plenty of lems and cow haters agree with me, open your eyes. The idea to change the rule is for next gen, it has nothing to do with being a cow.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] What is it you don't understand? If a 5$ tower defense arcade game is equal to a AAA GOTY retail PC game, then so are handheld games and so are IOS and Anroid games, they are all games, they are all reviewed here and on Metacritic. Obviously this is nonsense, but CaseyWegner is trying to make this rule happen. Eddie-Vedder

my vote thread says nothing about adding new systems to the metagame. if that's what it was for, i would have mentioned it.

You have nothing to do with adding new systems, this is system wars the only reason they didn't count before was because they had no retail games. Handhelds didn't count either because of the standard difference, if you ignore the standards they now count.

where are you getting this from?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

What exactly? That standards exist? Kevin V came into SW and told us, Gamepot guidelines, any review sites guide lines. That this is System Wars, S.Y.S.T.E.M. Wars? You either recognize the difference in standards that is a fact, or you pretend there are no standards which is a delusion, either way you have to live with the consequences, and pretending there are no standards means IOS=Android=PC=Handheld=Console etc.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Butthurt cow on the loose!Eddie-Vedder
Plenty of lems and cow haters agree with me, open your eyes. The idea to change the rule is for next gen, it has nothing to do with being a cow.

Nothing of that means you're not a butthurt cow. It was a general statement.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] You have nothing to do with adding new systems, this is system wars the only reason they didn't count before was because they had no retail games. Handhelds didn't count either because of the standard difference, if you ignore the standards they now count. Eddie-Vedder

What exactly? That standards exist? Kevin V came into SW and told us, Gamepot guidelines, any review sites guide lines. That this is System Wars, S.Y.S.T.E.M. Wars? You either recognize the difference in standards that is a fact, or you pretend there are no standards which is a delusion, either way you have to live with the consequences, and pretending there are no standards means IOS=Android=PC=Handheld=Console etc.

where are you getting that the reason handhelds/mobile phones/tablets aren't part of the metagame is because they had no retail games?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#57 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Butthurt cow on the loose!Eddie-Vedder

But it has everything to do with you crying and then making a response thread because you were so bothered...
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] What is it you don't understand? If a 5$ tower defense arcade game is equal to a AAA GOTY retail PC game, then so are handheld games and so are IOS and Anroid games, they are all games, they are all reviewed here and on Metacritic. Obviously this is nonsense, but CaseyWegner is trying to make this rule happen. Eddie-Vedder

No, the reason they don't count is because nobody cares about them.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

PannicAtack

No, the reason they don't count is because nobody cares about them.

Wrong again, noone cares about Kinect/Move games and they count...
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wrong again, noone cares about Kinect/Move games and they count...

That must explain why Kinect and Move have always been hotly debated here. Tell me, how hotly debated are Android and iOS in the realm of Xbox and PS3? Go ahead, I'll wait.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wrong again, noone cares about Kinect/Move games and they count...

That must explain why Kinect and Move have always been hotly debated here. Tell me, how hotly debated are Android and iOS in the realm of Xbox and PS3? Go ahead, I'll wait.

They're debated cause noone cares yet they count, so ppl make ownage threads for things like Fable the journey. I thought you were smarter then that Stevo. If arcade games counted they'd be a lot more debated too. Anything that can be used as ownage is hotly debated in SW.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Eddie-Vedder

Also Stevo stop being a fanboy troll.

No, unless it's 19.99 or higher.

A good game is a good game by any means regardless of the arbitrary numerical value placed upon it, however, fact remains that value plays a role in reviews--Journey, a two hour downloadable game, is not on the same level as Uncharted 3. Scores can be skewed because of this.

I place the limitation on the price only because we have allowed PC game expansion priced as so be counted in the metagame, and I believe a $20 downloadable game can be compared to full retail games at times.Stevo_the_gamer

^

We agree on this, you're just trolling.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
And the PS3 still gets left behind...
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
Greatest gaming platform of all time? No. Most currently used gaming platform of all time? Yes.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wrong again, noone cares about Kinect/Move games and they count...

They're debated cause noone cares yet they count, so ppl make ownage threads for things like Fable the journey. I thought you were smarter then that Stevo. If arcade games counted they'd be a lot more debated too. Anything that can be used as ownage is hotly debated in SW.

They're debated because no one cares? Nice derp. Kinect and Move have been part of the focal discussion of SW ever since they were announced--they're part of the SystemWars, part of the community debate. Now tell me, how integral have Android and iOS been in the SystemWars here? Come on, still waiting.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wrong again, noone cares about Kinect/Move games and they count... Eddie-Vedder

people have hotly debated xbla and psn games even though they don't count.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]No, unless it's 19.99 or higher.

A good game is a good game by any means regardless of the arbitrary numerical value placed upon it, however, fact remains that value plays a role in reviews--Journey, a two hour downloadable game, is not on the same level as Uncharted 3. Scores can be skewed because of this.

I place the limitation on the price only because we have allowed PC game expansion priced as so be counted in the metagame, and I believe a $20 downloadable game can be compared to full retail games at times.Eddie-Vedder

^

We agree on this, you're just trolling.

Your argument resting on mobile game counting is frivolous chewbecca defense mantra. If you're going to argue against DD counting, do it f*cking right.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That must explain why Kinect and Move have always been hotly debated here. Tell me, how hotly debated are Android and iOS in the realm of Xbox and PS3? Go ahead, I'll wait.Stevo_the_gamer

They're debated because no one cares? Nice derp. Kinect and Move have been part of the focal discussion of SW ever since they were announced--they're part of the SystemWars, part of the community debate. Now tell me, how integral have Android and iOS been in the SystemWars here? Come on, still waiting.

They're debated because you can use them to claim ownage, they arne't used or debated any other time. Next time I'll make a pic for you, seems reading is hard.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That must explain why Kinect and Move have always been hotly debated here. Tell me, how hotly debated are Android and iOS in the realm of Xbox and PS3? Go ahead, I'll wait.CaseyWegner

As they should there are really good arcade games. Still can't ignore the difference in standards, still can't clump them together with retail unless you ignore standards and we're back at IOS=PC=Console=Android=Handheld etc.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] They're debated cause noone cares yet they count, so ppl make ownage threads for things like Fable the journey. I thought you were smarter then that Stevo. If arcade games counted they'd be a lot more debated too. Anything that can be used as ownage is hotly debated in SW. Eddie-Vedder

They're debated because you can use them to claim ownage, they arne't used or debated any other time. Next time I'll make a pic for you, seems reading is hard.

Yes, and now we can claim ownage over the iOS and Android fanboys.

Oh wait...

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

CaseyWegner
Which is why folks want them to count...
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] They're debated cause noone cares yet they count, so ppl make ownage threads for things like Fable the journey. I thought you were smarter then that Stevo. If arcade games counted they'd be a lot more debated too. Anything that can be used as ownage is hotly debated in SW. Eddie-Vedder

As they should there are really good arcade games. Still can't ignore the difference in standards, still can't clump them together with retail unless you ignore standards and we're back at IOS=PC=Console=Android=Handheld etc.

you seem to be the only one talking about including ios/android/etc. in the metagame. everybody else seems to understand that they aren't included.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] They're debated because you can use them to claim ownage, they arne't used or debated any other time. Next time I'll make a pic for you, seems reading is hard.

That's what SW is all about. Let's count the amount of times Android and iOS fanboys have used mobile reviews as ownage. Okay, here we go. Um... well... okay... let's try to find us some posts on SW, shall we? I'll wait for the third time--you start. Go. Amuse us.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PannicAtack
Your logic is nonsense. "Download-only games aren't up to the standards of retail games, so they shouldn't count." That could easily be taken to "twenty-dollar independent games are graded at lower standards than sixty-dollar triple-A games, so they shouldn't count."
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

Stevo_the_gamer

you seem to be the only one talking about including ios/android/etc. in the metagame. everybody else seems to understand that they aren't included.

What are you talking about? They aren't included, neither are arcade games or handheld games. Your the one trying to change the rules. I think I understand whats going on a lot more then you seem too.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Eddie-Vedder
Your logic is nonsense. "Download-only games aren't up to the standards of retail games, so they shouldn't count." That could easily be taken to "twenty-dollar independent games are graded at lower standards than sixty-dollar triple-A games, so they shouldn't count."PannicAtack
Where did I say they shouldn't count?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] What are you talking about? They aren't included, neither are arcade games or handheld games. Your the one trying to change the rules. I think I understand whats going on a lot more then you seem too.

He's telling you what we've been already telling you--including mobile wouldn't make a lick of a difference because no one gives a rat's ass about them.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] They're debated because you can use them to claim ownage, they arne't used or debated any other time. Next time I'll make a pic for you, seems reading is hard.

That's what SW is all about. Let's count the amount of times Android and iOS fanboys have used mobile reviews as ownage. Okay, here we go. Um... well... okay... let's try to find us some posts on SW, shall we? I'll wait for the third time--you start. Go. Amuse us.

Your going off topic, I know very well noone cares about IOS and Android on SW, noone cares about Kinect or Move either, they just claim ownage with them because they can. Because of the rules.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Your logic is nonsense. "Download-only games aren't up to the standards of retail games, so they shouldn't count." That could easily be taken to "twenty-dollar independent games are graded at lower standards than sixty-dollar triple-A games, so they shouldn't count."Eddie-Vedder
Where did I say they shouldn't count?

When you threw a hissy-fit over people suggesting that XBLA titles count toward the metagame? Don't play dumb.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Your logic is nonsense. "Download-only games aren't up to the standards of retail games, so they shouldn't count." That could easily be taken to "twenty-dollar independent games are graded at lower standards than sixty-dollar triple-A games, so they shouldn't count."PannicAtack
Games do not exist in a vacuum, the issue isn't a matter of lower standards, but merely different expectations that come with different price points and feature sets.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] What are you talking about? They aren't included, neither are arcade games or handheld games. Your the one trying to change the rules. I think I understand whats going on a lot more then you seem too.

He's telling you what we've been already telling you--including mobile wouldn't make a lick of a difference because no one gives a rat's ass about them.

Doesn't matter, they have to count if you ignore the standards, it makes the whole metagame a joke. It just a way of proving how moronic the idea is. People not caring doesn't matter one bit, it destroys what little credibility the metagame had.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Your logic is nonsense. "Download-only games aren't up to the standards of retail games, so they shouldn't count." That could easily be taken to "twenty-dollar independent games are graded at lower standards than sixty-dollar triple-A games, so they shouldn't count."Stevo_the_gamer
Games do not exist in a vacuum, the issue isn't a matter of lower standards, but merely different expectations that come with different price points and feature sets.

You described precisely different standards.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zeviander
Still can't ignore the difference in standards [...]Eddie-Vedder
What difference? I enjoyed Dust: An Elysian Tail and Super Meat Boy more than any other game besides Halo 4 that I bought and played for the first time this year (including the other Halo's). Shadow Complex was a better Metroivania than practically every one released this generation (I still haven't played enough Outland to judge). You are just extremely butthurt that if we do start counting DD/Arcade titles in the metagame, then the PS3 will be relegated to last place in terms of high-scoring exclusives.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] They're debated because you can use them to claim ownage, they arne't used or debated any other time. Next time I'll make a pic for you, seems reading is hard.

Your going off topic, I know very well noone cares about IOS and Android on SW, noone cares about Kinect or Move either, they just claim ownage with them because they can. Because of the rules.

But people do care about Kinect and Move, they are hotly debated for and against here. People also claim ownage on titles like PD0, and Ridge Racer by including them in the AAE totals--fact remains that they're still part of the gaming generation.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Still can't ignore the difference in standards [...]Zeviander
What difference? I enjoyed Dust: An Elysian Tail and Super Meat Boy more than any other game besides Halo 4 that I bought and played for the first time this year (including the other Halo's). Shadow Complex was a better Metroivania than practically every one released this generation (I still haven't played enough Outland to judge). You are just extremely butthurt that if we do start counting DD/Arcade titles in the metagame, then the PS3 will be relegated to last place in terms of high-scoring exclusives.

Who said they can't count in the metagame? Are you that slow? Count them... Just don't lump them with retail games. Moron.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

it makes the whole metagame a joke Eddie-Vedder
It would make your precious Playstation go to last place; which amusingly, is sending you into a perverbial panick right now.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#87 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I'm thoroughly enjoying this little meltdown.

All over iOS/Android games.

Oh who am I kidding, that's just a cover for another issue that's weighing far more heavily on Mr. Eddie's mind. :lol:

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] it makes the whole metagame a joke Stevo_the_gamer

It would make your precious Playstation go to last place; which amusingly, is sending you into a perverbial panick right now.

Stevo, I'm not sure if you know how to read, but the change is for next gen, it wouldn't change crap for this gen, and I'm pretty sure according to the SW metagame the PS3 is in last place. And there are plenty of die hard lems with me on this. So wtf are you talking about?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] it makes the whole metagame a joke Eddie-Vedder

Stevo, I'm not sure if you know how to read, but the change is for next gen, it wouldn't change crap for this gen, and I'm pretty sure according to the SW metagame the PS3 is in last place. And there are plenty of die hard lems with me on this. So wtf are you talking about?

I said Playstation, not Playstation 3. Think why that is significant.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Stevo, I'm not sure if you know how to read, but the change is for next gen, it wouldn't change crap for this gen, and I'm pretty sure according to the SW metagame the PS3 is in last place. And there are plenty of die hard lems with me on this. So wtf are you talking about? Stevo_the_gamer

I said Playstation, not Playstation 3.

That still doesn't change anything... I don't get your point and again. [QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]No, unless it's 19.99 or higher. A good game is a good game by any means regardless of the arbitrary numerical value placed upon it, however, fact remains that value plays a role in reviews--Journey, a two hour downloadable game, is not on the same level as Uncharted 3. Scores can be skewed because of this. I place the limitation on the price only because we have allowed PC game expansion priced as so be counted in the metagame, and I believe a $20 downloadable game can be compared to full retail games at times.

^ Showing your true troll nature. Biggest closet troll/lem in SW.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 The_Game21x

Stevo, I'm not sure if you know how to read, but the change is for next gen, it wouldn't change crap for this gen, and I'm pretty sure according to the SW metagame the PS3 is in last place. And there are plenty of die hard lems with me on this. So wtf are you talking about? Eddie-Vedder

Wrong again! Seeing as you b**ched out of asking Casey about the rule change (as I knew you would, because you knew what the answer would be), I went ahead and did it for you.

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

He's gonna fight this losing battle to the end man, even if he has to take it to the highest courts in the land! :lol:

By the way, do you think this would this retroactively apply to the soon-to-be-last gen consoles as well or would this take effect only for next gen platforms?

CaseyWegner

it should be retroactive.

Man you're so transparent we could use you as a window. :lol:

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] it makes the whole metagame a joke Eddie-Vedder

:|

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] I said Playstation, not Playstation 3.

Eddie-Vedder

That still doesn't change anything... I don't get your point and again.
No, unless it's 19.99 or higher. A good game is a good game by any means regardless of the arbitrary numerical value placed upon it, however, fact remains that value plays a role in reviews--Journey, a two hour downloadable game, is not on the same level as Uncharted 3. Scores can be skewed because of this. I place the limitation on the price only because we have allowed PC game expansion priced as so be counted in the metagame, and I believe a $20 downloadable game can be compared to full retail games at times.Stevo_the_gamer
^ Showing your true troll nature. Biggest closet troll/lem in SW.

Playstation is a brand, Playstation 3 is a system. Think long and hard about the difference.

How is that trolling?

And if I was a closet troll/lem, wouldn't be arguing for counting all DL games?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

The_Game21x

Eddie is out of his league here, poor lad. :[

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zeviander
... Just don't lump them with retail games. ... Eddie-Vedder
Why not? A game's value is based on how much fun you had with it. Not it's cost, or how long it is. I would have paid $50 for Shadow Complex. There are plenty of games this gen that I bought at retail (both full priced and discounted) that I was unhappy paying as much as I did for them.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Stevo_the_gamer

It's gotta be taking its toll, what with his last (and really, only) line of defense crumbling around him.

So sad and so utterly hilarious at the same time. :lol:

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Stevo_the_gamer

It's like someone from the mental ward stumbled into the debate team.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#98 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Enough. Please refrain from posting further about this issue. It has been decided.