Does SW Agree Iphone is the Greatest Gaming Platform of all Time?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

Because if you lump arcade titles with retail games you're essentially admiting the Iphone/Ipad Cell phones are the greatest platforms ever.

Noone says you can't count arcade games, count them, just don't lump them together, otherwise be prepared for a ton of stupidity, WAY more then SW is used too, and be prepared for total Iphone domination because they get tons of AAA cheap games monthly.

Makes the PC look like the virtual boy.

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

Because if you lump arcade titles with retail games you're essentially admiting the Iphone/Ipad Cell phones are the greatest platforms ever.

Noone says you can't count arcade games, count them, just don't lump them together, otherwise be prepared for a ton of stupidity, WAY more then SW is used too, and be prepared for total Iphone domination because they get tons of AAA cheap games monthly.

Makes the PC look like the virtual boy.

Eddie-Vedder
No, because iPhone games aren't reviewed by Gamespot :)
#3 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

Hell no.

#4 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

The ultimate butthurt is when one feels the need to make a response thread.

#5 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
Atari Jaguar > Iphone
#6 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17145 posts) -

Not my favorite, but in the real world I think many people would say yes.

We tend to forget that the opinions of those on a board like this are very much the minority. We are the niche.

#7 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

Oh for the love of...

I guess the prospect of downloadable/arcade games being added to the metagame (since, you know, the PS3 is losing by a pretty big margin in that category) is ruffling quite a few feathers...

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

Not my favorite, but in the world I think many people would say yes.

We tend to forget that the opinions of those on a board like this are very much the minority. We are the niche.

ConanTheStoner
We are the 1%.
#9 Posted by Wiimotefan (4150 posts) -

Thefatness16

He needs this. Today was a big day, learning about opinions and all.

#10 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17145 posts) -

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

Not my favorite, but in the world I think many people would say yes.

charizard1605

We are the 1%.

lol I hate to say it, but yes. We are the small, but dedicated market. Probably more like the 5%, but of course like most statistics I'm pulling that # straight from my ass.

#13 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

No, because iPhone games aren't reviewed by Gamespot :)charizard1605

http://www.gamespot.com/angry-birds-space/reviews/angry-birds-space-review-6367588/

EXPOSED

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]No, because iPhone games aren't reviewed by Gamespot :)Cherokee_Jack

http://www.gamespot.com/angry-birds-space/reviews/angry-birds-space-review-6367588/

EXPOSED

Foiled again
#15 Posted by lowkey254 (5964 posts) -

no, troll.

#16 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -
its a gaming platform? I learned that in 11/14/2012.
#17 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -
Yes. The God Phone is way better than sh1tty ass, filthy ass, lame ass, ghetto ass, disgusting ass, pitiful ass gaming consoles.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#18 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -
So much butthurt and damage control. This is just sad.
#19 Posted by super600 (32404 posts) -

Not this again.

#20 Posted by HavocV3 (8060 posts) -

iPhone isn't even on the spreadsheet. At all.

blinded by your own agenda. L.

#21 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

I could sh!t a better gaming platform then an iphone

#22 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7091 posts) -
Duh, all games are equal. Come on Eddie, you know that. :)
#23 Posted by Masenkoe (4897 posts) -

Thread has bait written all over it

#24 Posted by dragonfly110 (27738 posts) -

Nope.

now iPod Touch on the other hand...

#25 Posted by DukeLazyNEET (25 posts) -
No, TC. iPhone's are for casuals, you can't deny that Androids are better.
#26 Posted by AdrianWerner (28438 posts) -

The stuff you get cheaply on iPhone exist in form of free browser games on PC most of the time

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Thefatness16
#28 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4735 posts) -

You bump your head recently?

#29 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
awful games..
#30 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -
You are joking, right? Right?
#31 Posted by CanYouDiglt (8232 posts) -

Oh for the love of...

I guess the prospect of downloadable/arcade games being added to the metagame (since, you know, the PS3 is losing by a pretty big margin in that category) is ruffling quite a few feathers...

The_Game21x

I am not a cow and I agree counting downloadable games is a bad idea. I think all systems including PC should count box retail as one group and all other in another group.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
#32 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3840 posts) -

Arcade games on iPhone suck. You need buttons to play them properly.

#33 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamerZem"]You are joking, right? Right?

I'm not joking I'm making a point, if all games are equal, if 5$ arcade games are equal to 60$ retail games, then so are handheld games, IOS games, Android games etc...
#34 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Oh for the love of...

CanYouDiglt

I am not a cow and I agree counting downloadable games is a bad idea. I think all systems including PC should count box retail as one group and all other in another group.

The_Game21x is a moron, the whole question from Casey was for next gen, it wouldn't change anything this gen so it's impossible to be cow or lem bias. Plenty of cow haters, and well known lems agree you can't lump them together. Has nothing to do with being a cow or a lem...
#35 Posted by SPBoss (3746 posts) -
its a gaming platform? I learned that in 11/14/2012.silversix_
14/11/2012* lol
#36 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

The_Game21x is a moron, the whole question from Casey was for next gen, it wouldn't change anything this gen so it's impossible to be cow or lem bias. Plenty of cow haters, and well known lems agree you can't lump them together. Has nothing to do with being a cow or a lem... Eddie-Vedder

Ahem...

with the upcoming release of the wii u and the start of a new gaming generation, it's time to review the system wars metagame rules regarding whether or not the previously uncounted downloadable games (xbla and psn games, for example) should indeed count towards a system's exclusive game list and be considered as equal to any other retail game.

CaseyWegner

Perhaps you can show me where he said anything about the new rules applying to the next generation only.

Good job calling me a moron and proving that you lack basic reading comprehension skills in the same breath.

But hey, this is far from the first time you've shoved your foot in your mouth so this doesn't surprise me.

#37 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Whaaat?! :lol:

#38 Posted by iamrob7 (2138 posts) -

Atari Jaguar > IphoneCleanPlayer

This is actually true, I have owned both.

#39 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] The_Game21x is a moron, the whole question from Casey was for next gen, it wouldn't change anything this gen so it's impossible to be cow or lem bias. Plenty of cow haters, and well known lems agree you can't lump them together. Has nothing to do with being a cow or a lem... The_Game21x

Ahem...

with the upcoming release of the wii u and the start of a new gaming generation, it's time to review the system wars metagame rules regarding whether or not the previously uncounted downloadable games(xbla and psn games, for example) should indeed count towards a system's exclusive game list and be considered as equal to any other retail game.

CaseyWegner

Perhaps you can show me where he said anything about the new rules applying to the next generation only.

Good job calling me a moron and proving that you lack basic reading comprehension skills in the same breath.

But hey, this is far from the first time you've shoved your foot in your mouth so this doesn't surprise me.

L2Read.

#40 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
What is it you don't understand? If a 5$ tower defense arcade game is equal to a AAA GOTY retail PC game, then so are handheld games and so are IOS and Anroid games, they are all games, they are all reviewed here and on Metacritic. Obviously this is nonsense, but CaseyWegner is trying to make this rule happen.
#41 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

L2Read.

Eddie-Vedder

Like I said, nowhere in his statement did he say "this is for next gen consoles only", he said "with the upcoming release of the Wii U" and "count towards a system's exclusive game list", not "next gen systems".

Go back to third grade, please. You seem to have missed some of the basics.

#42 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

L2Read.

The_Game21x

Like I said, nowhere in his statement did he say "this is for next gen consoles only", he said "with the upcoming release of the Wii U" and "count towards a system's exclusive game list", not "next gen systems".

L2Interpret, go ask him yourself, wanna bet his answer is it's for next gen only? Go on...
#43 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

L2Read.

Eddie-Vedder

L2Interpret, go ask him yourself, wanna bet his answer is it's for next gen only? Go on...

Fine, you go ask. You're the one so desperate to uphold this silly little argument of yours (even though it won't matter since the majority is voting yes anyway) so you back up your own claim. You're fighting a losing battle but don't worry, we all have to lose sometimes. :)

#44 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6952 posts) -
its a gaming platform? I learned that in 11/14/2012.silversix_
Didn't know there was 14 months in a year.
#45 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Phones are gaming platforms?

I thought they were ment for, you know, phone calls...

#46 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -
Its got toilet games. Games to keep you amused while you crap or wait for the train. Thats it, I dont play many games on either my S2 or my iPad 3.
#47 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -
[QUOTE="silversix_"]its a gaming platform? I learned that in 11/14/2012.Mozelleple112
Didn't know there was 14 months in a year.

I think thats the American format.
#48 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Eddie-Vedder

What is it you don't understand? If a 5$ tower defense arcade game is equal to a AAA GOTY retail PC game, then so are handheld games and so are IOS and Anroid games, they are all games, they are all reviewed here and on Metacritic. Obviously this is nonsense, but CaseyWegner is trying to make this rule happen.

my vote thread says nothing about adding new systems to the metagame. if that's what it was for, i would have mentioned it.

#49 Posted by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -
Butthurt cow on the loose!
#50 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

Phones are gaming platforms?

I thought they were ment for, you know, phone calls...

nameless12345
Look up at the gamespot tab, you see the IOS and Android tabs? Now maybe go over to Metacritic and click on the games section, check there too.