Does Nintendo need to be stopped?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Snake300
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts
I cant help but feel the Wii is going to win this generation. This could be fatal for video gaming as Sony and Microsoft might follow them and go where the money is, we've already seen Microsoft try and copy with avatars and youre in the movies. We might find ourselves playing Peter the pixie's adventures instead of Gears this time in 5 years.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Well, heres the best case scenerio.

Nintendo gathers up a lot of casuals this generation, then the next generation they focus more on the hardcore assuming all these new casuals will dive deeper into gaming, and they compete properly with Sony and Microsoft instead of going for non-gamers and casuals with peripherals. Trying to innovate is fine, and they will probably do things like Wii-Fit and stuff with their next console, but it would be nice to see them return to their roots.

anasbouzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anasbouzid
Member since 2004 • 2340 Posts
can they be?
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Doom mongering
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
No, I think you need to be stopped. Enough with the "Nitendo is ruining gaming" cr*p.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 air_wolf_cubed
No, I think you need to be stopped. Enough with the "Nitendo is ruining gaming" cr*p.MagnuzGuerra
do you really think this site is against the word "crap"?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
The hardcore market will not fade away, and the company (companies) that cater to the hardcore sect, if they are abandoned by the others, will reap enough of a profit to make it worth while.
Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
No offence, but you have to have a very limited knowledge on how the video game industry (or any of the other entertainment industries) works to think something like that.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I don't remember Peter the Pixie's adventure selling 5 millions copies. Seriously, look at top sellers like Gears, Halo, Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, GTA4, etc... There will always be a greater market for hardcore games.

Also, look at where most of the 3rd party support is going. Are Valve, Bioware, and other great devs switching to the Wii to make party games? No, I'm pretty sure they're making the same great games they always have.

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
Let's face it, if Nintendo hadn't done something other than 'just a console' this gen, they would have been risking a lot. The GameCube flopped bigtime.
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MagnuzGuerra
[QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"]No, I think you need to be stopped. Enough with the "Nitendo is ruining gaming" cr*p.air_wolf_cubed
do you really think this site is against the word "crap"?

Well, whatever. At least anyone will understand. :lol:
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

Sony and Microsoft might follow them and go where the money is. Solid_Snake300

Making quality games for both the Casual and Hardcore gamers?

Sounds good to me.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]Sony and Microsoft might follow them and go where the money is. BubbyJello

Sounds good to me.

buh buh Nintendo doesnt make hardcore games :cry:
Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solid_Snake300
Well I'm pretty sure you're in the movies and avatars wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the wii's success and if it continues to do well just imagine what pathetic games they will think up next. I don't really like my PS3 except for MGS4 but I have to admit i respect Sony for not entering the casual market.
Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solid_Snake300
[QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]Sony and Microsoft might follow them and go where the money is. air_wolf_cubed

Sounds good to me.

Agreed, I dont know who told that Reggie guy Animal Crossing is hardcore.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Nintendo stopped themselves !

They have no choice IMO but to keep the Wii around for at least a decade as 75 % of the Wii buyers will not be opting to upgrade to a new "N" console for at least that long.

Yup, they struck gold with the casuals and even more-so, the new to gaming crowd but these new "N" fans will not find spending another few hundred bucks on a new console anytime soon very enticing - Bank On It ! ;)

For the next 10 - 12 years: nothing but peripherals & some sorts of upgrades like HDD and memory expansions and maybe even a, dare I say, 32X add-on will be all that can be expected.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]Sony and Microsoft might follow them and go where the money is. Solid_Snake300

Sounds good to me.

You missed the sarcasm from air_wolf

MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MagnuzGuerra

Solid_Snake300
Yeah, because good games are only the ones you like.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 air_wolf_cubed
Well I'm pretty sure you're in the movies and avatars wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the wii's success and if it continues to do well just imagine what pathetic games they will think up next. I don't really like my PS3 except for MGS4 but I have to admit i respect Sony for not entering the casual market.Solid_Snake300
Eye of judgement? PSeye? These are all casual things. Confirmed Sony stopped making hardcore games. Really now come off this Nintendo only makes Wii Sports and Music. You're in denial that they still cater to hardcores. You have no proof that they dont. My proof is that Miyamoto announced Pikmin, Fatal Frame 4 is coming, Wario Land is coming. Theres thats 3 games that cancel out 2 and add 1. I win :roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

MagnuzGuerra

Agreed. Besides, I don think that AC could be less casual. Maybe childish, but by no means casual. A casual that looks (only looks) that game will say "wtf! I bettter go to play Halo 3 online". Only a Hardcore could understand the quality of a game like Animal Crossing.

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
[QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

IronBass

Agreed. Besides, I don think that AC could be less casual. Maybe childish, but by no means casual. A casual that looks (only looks) that game will say "wtf! I bettter go to play Halo 3 online". Only a Hardcore could understand the quality of a game like Animal Crossing.

there alot fans now who the view that to be a hardcore game it must contain guns, swearing and blood... forget the depth of the game, also if it looks "kiddy" it cannot be possibly considered hardcore!

JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts

No offence, but you have to have a very limited knowledge on how the video game industry (or any of the other entertainment industries) works to think something like that.Oscar-Wilde

Yeah, but going by what we have seen, its enough to at least validate his point for consideration. Because the avatars coming to the 360 just make me puke. Sure, I enjoy playing some of the cutesy stuff with my kids, but my personal tastes dont involve cutesy at all. When I look at E3, and nintendogs, and all the other garbage that is coming out, I will admit its crossed my mind and I am alarmed. What he says has merit, as does your comments. My point is, its definitely something thats on my mind, and I am sure there are others that feel the same way.

Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solid_Snake300

They have no choice IMO but to keep the Wii around for at least a decade as 75 % of the Wii buyers will not be opting to upgrade to a new "N" console for at least that long.

Yup, they struck gold with the casuals and even more-so, the new to gaming crowd but these new "N" fans will not find spending another few hundred bucks on a new console anytime soon very enticing - Bank On It ! ;)

For the next 10 - 12 years: nothing but peripherals & some sorts of upgrades like HDD and memory expansions and maybe even a, dare I say, 32X add-on will be all that can be expected.

SecretPolice

Imagine how dated the hardware will feel in 10 years.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Solid_Snake300

Retro games are making a comeback.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#25 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
While there is some limited overlap in the markets that Nintendo is going after when compared to Microsoft and Sony in large part they are different markets and therefore they target different types of people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

bf2nutta

there alot fans now who the view that to be a hardcore game it must contain guns, swearing and blood... forget the depth of the game, also if it looks "kiddy" it cannot be possibly considered hardcore!

Wise words. IMO, GTA IV a lor more "casual" than Animal Crossing. Why? GTA IV is the "in", good graphics, is a "GTA" (you know, the phenomenon), + meketing etc.

Only a true gamer would undertand how deph and complex AC is.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Solid_Snake300

Lots of people still play old consoles. No one really cares how dated games feels except graphic whores
Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solid_Snake300
[QUOTE="bf2nutta"][QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

IronBass

Wise words. IMO, GTA IV a lor more "casual" than Animal Crossing. Why? GTA IV is the "in", good graphics, is a "GTA" (you know, the phenomenon), + meketing etc.

Only a true gamer would undertand how deph and complex AC is.

prrf, I never even liked gta iv and if AC is so hardcore why do they have girls playing it in the adverts.

JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]Sony and Microsoft might follow them and go where the money is. BubbyJello

Sounds good to me.

I personally have no problem with that, either. Where I get concerned is when the casual market starts influencing the hardcore market. IF it does, then it will directly affect me, and I will have a tremendous problem with it. I see it already doing so, if I dont have the option to keep my gamerpic and am forced to pick a silly looking avatar.

MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MagnuzGuerra

Solid_Snake300

How old are you?, if you are above the age of 10 and you like AC something isnt right, but you must be young as you were scared to write crap.

I'm 28. And?
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 air_wolf_cubed

Solid_Snake300

How old are you?, if you are above the age of 10 and you like AC something isnt right, but you must be young as you were scared to write crap.

I am 18 and like Perfect Dark and Pokemon. Insulting him for games he plays just doesnt work
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bf2nutta
[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

air_wolf_cubed

Lots of people still play old consoles. No one really cares how dated games feels except graphic whores

one the of the main reasons I got a Wii was the virtual console, I never had a console before the Playstation(I wasn't allowed one), my parents said my PC was all I needed... So the chance to catch up on them all is great.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
no. I like the fact that there's a console that's different from the other 2. why would we want less choice and variety? if you don't like the games on it just don't buy one. there will still be a market for the games you like.
Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solid_Snake300
[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

MagnuzGuerra

I'm 28. And?

lol

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpruceCaboose

Solid_Snake300

I like Viva Pinata, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Cooking Mama Cook Off. Care to guess how old I am too?

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bf2nutta

no. I like the fact that there's a console that's different from the other 2. why would we want less choice and variety? if you don't like the games on it just don't buy one. there will still be a market for the games you like.Ontain

Correct me if I am wrong but some of the Wii's games like No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki were refreashing new titles and something different to what the other consoles offer me.

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts

Nintendo has alredy ruined gaming.

Next gen everyone will have waggle, and all will be casual party games, except for PC...PC will get it all...i love my PC...

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

Solid_Snake300

I'm 28. And?

lol

You just lost all respect from anyone on SW
Solid_Snake300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Solid_Snake300
[QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

SpruceCaboose

I like Viva Pinata, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Cooking Mama Cook Off. Care to guess how old I am too?

No, I honestly dont care you're input isnt needed, I also like Viva Pinata but I dont consider it hardcore and it's not the only game my console has to offer.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="Ontain"]no. I like the fact that there's a console that's different from the other 2. why would we want less choice and variety? if you don't like the games on it just don't buy one. there will still be a market for the games you like.bf2nutta

Correct me if I am wrong but some of the Wii's games like No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki were refreashing new titles and something different to what the other consoles offer me.

Nope, its on the Wii it automatically sucks.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

Solid_Snake300

I am 18 and like Perfect Dark and Pokemon. Insulting him for games he plays just doesnt work

Nobody asked what you liked but the thought of a 28 year old man playing games made for 10 year old girls makes me shiver. Can you change you're sig? it's so annoying and unfunny.

Why should I do anything you say after insulting grown men for playing games they wanna play?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SpruceCaboose

No, I honestly dont care you're input isnt needed, I also like Viva Pinata but I dont consider it hardcore and it's not the only game my console has to offer.

Solid_Snake300

No input is needed, but ain't that the beauty of a public, open forum?

And Animal Crossing is not the only game the Wii has to offer, either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63f6895020e66

prrf, I never even liked gta iv and if AC is so hardcore why do they have girls playing it in the adverts.

Solid_Snake300

What exactly has to do the fact that there are girls playing it in the adverts with how "core" a game is?

Exactly, how old are you? I can't believe that a mature person uses that as argument.

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts

Solid_Snake300

this is the attitude that is the problem. its basically a sims/ harvest moon kinda game. Im 17 and i like animal crossing. Why should that fact that it use animals instead of humans bother me? its still got the same great addictive gameplay.

MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MagnuzGuerra
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"][QUOTE="MagnuzGuerra"][QUOTE="Solid_Snake300"]

Solid_Snake300

Nobody asked what you liked but the thought of a 28 year old man playing games made for 10 year old girls makes me shiver. Can you change you're sig? it's so annoying and unfunny.

I don't play games based on hype, scores and predefinitons of what is good or bad. I only play what I want, and I don't feel the need to dictate what other people should play. Like I said, the "hardcore", people like you, are the ones who need to be stopped.
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bf2nutta
[QUOTE="bf2nutta"]

[QUOTE="Ontain"]no. I like the fact that there's a console that's different from the other 2. why would we want less choice and variety? if you don't like the games on it just don't buy one. there will still be a market for the games you like.SpruceCaboose

Nope, its on the Wii it automatically sucks.

yep damm you got me sorry