Does MS having a good relationship with PC make it the master race of the 3 consoles

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts

MS putting Gamepass on PC has been a really cool thing for me, especially since I never got an xbox one. Was a big fan of og xbox and x360. Now I can play my halo, gears, forza again and didn't have to buy another console. I appreciate this. Its quite awesome.

Nintendo has horrible online capabilities. They will never integrate with PC in any way.

PS seems to not have any relationship with PC, has descent online with others on PS. But no relationship with PC.

Xcloud is also interesting, streaming on tablets, phone, and in the future on potato PC's.

Microsoft is really killing this accessibility thing and i think it will pay off with massive dividends. *AMC rocket moon rocket moon diamond hand*

PC will always be the superior place overall for gaming. I like consoles too (i like couches and big TVs), but I think MS is doing something that's going to kill PlayStation in the long run if they don't switch things up. The accessibility is too good.

Nintendo still has their 1st party & portability so they will do fine regardless.

BTW: which one of these games should i play next on gamepass on PC.

Yakuza remastered collection.

Desperados 3

Control

The Medium

Cyber Shadow

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

905

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Djoffer123  Online
Member since 2016 • 905 Posts

Agree on all of it, pc just keeps on winning!

Also playing control atm, and it’s surprisingly good, so would recommend that!

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

7181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 7181 Posts

Yup, control is my favourite in that list...though desperados is fun too if you don't mind the retro look.

Gamepass is such a killer app at the moment. For someone like me who has a middling pc, it lets me play games that aren't available on consoles without having to spend a penny more. Loads of great strategy games that are just so much better with a m+k, while I prefer more graphically intense online games on console due to the lack of cheaters.

I'm not using Xcloud much right now, simply because being in lockdown means I just use Xbox or pc, but it's an incredible bonus and mostly works very well.

I'll get a ps5 at sometime....Probably when a slim version comes out. Can't handle the look of the thing, and there's very little in the way of games with release dates that appeal to me.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

2789

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

xbox..for the players

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

MS is set and safe in the long term. So much potential growth from their already established but still developing synergies: Windows, Xbox, Mobile, Surface, etc.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts

@djoffer123: installed control, going to give it a go. Thank you

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts
@sealionact said:

Yup, control is my favourite in that list...though desperados is fun too if you don't mind the retro look.

Gamepass is such a killer app at the moment. For someone like me who has a middling pc, it lets me play games that aren't available on consoles without having to spend a penny more. Loads of great strategy games that are just so much better with a m+k, while I prefer more graphically intense online games on console due to the lack of cheaters.

I'm not using Xcloud much right now, simply because being in lockdown means I just use Xbox or pc, but it's an incredible bonus and mostly works very well.

I'll get a ps5 at sometime....Probably when a slim version comes out. Can't handle the look of the thing, and there's very little in the way of games with release dates that appeal to me.

about to try control now, thanks! Yeah man i really like game pass. Very thankful for MS supporting it on PC.

I'm not using xcloud myself but have tried it on my friends phone and it works surprisingly well.

PS5 is ugly no doubt. PS4 had a much cleaner look. I'm sure they will fix the design with the slim version (I'm hoping so at least)

Avatar image for Epak_
Epak_

11605

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11605 Posts

Yeah, I've booted my Xbone X once this year to demo Doom Eternal.

Avatar image for iamthetruth101
IAmTheTruth101

101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 IAmTheTruth101  Online
Member since 2021 • 101 Posts

Microsoft should go hard on PC gaming and invest into more PC Centric titles. Age of Empires, Wasteland 3, Flight Sim, Gears Tactics etc. 3/4 are on/coming to consoles but I tried playing Wasteland 3 on consoles and it was clunky. Same with Halo Wars 2, pain in the ass to play on consoles

I would love for MS to buy Paradox or 11 Bit Studio (Frostpunk) and give these games the time and budget they deserve.

Avatar image for Fairmonkey
Fairmonkey

1981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1981 Posts

No, it means that PC is the best, Xbox is borderline useless, and Nintendo/Sony have better exclusives

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

10761

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 10761 Posts

If you want to spin your reality to have that be your truth... then go for it.

The problem with the "your truth" movement is that there's no such thing as "your truth". There's actual truth and then there's your opinion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

31681

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 31681 Posts

Another PC insecurity thread.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

15277

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 15277 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Another PC insecurity thread.

Solidgame_basic jealousy post.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

50852

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 50852 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Another PC insecurity thread.

I guess that means all your threads are PS insecurity threads. I am glad you clarified that. 😎

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts

@iamthetruth101 said:

Microsoft should go hard on PC gaming and invest into more PC Centric titles. Age of Empires, Wasteland 3, Flight Sim, Gears Tactics etc. 3/4 are on/coming to consoles but I tried playing Wasteland 3 on consoles and it was clunky. Same with Halo Wars 2, pain in the ass to play on consoles

I would love for MS to buy Paradox or 11 Bit Studio (Frostpunk) and give these games the time and budget they deserve.

I agree. I hope they keep making games based around KB/M. Does the Series X support KB/M?

Love Frostpunk, tried it on PC.... on gamepass lol

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts
@Fairmonkey said:

No, it means that PC is the best, Xbox is borderline useless, and Nintendo/Sony have better exclusives

I agree PC is the best. Hardware isn't locked down, mod support, just overall the most customizable. But i like consoles as well.

Xbox useless tho? nahhh The series X is the most powerful of the 3. Series X makes sense if you also play on PC. Gamepass and play anywhere is a convenient feature. Not to mention the series x supports over 3 generations of xbox games in BC.

Quality of Exclusives comes down to the individual. I'm a MP fan at heart. I like competitive games. Just in Gears, forza, halo, xbox wipes the floor with PlayStation. Now if you value 1 and done SP story games, then yeah you will prefer playstation exclusives.

Nintendo's 1st party id say is actually better than both MS and PS exclusives right now in overall variety and just solid gameplay.

Id say Playstation is dead last out of the 3. The only thing people can pitch is their exclusives. PlayStation exclusives are easily the most over-rated. Yeah I like ratchet and clank and Spiderman for a single play through. But id take Halo or Mario Kart over those any day of the week.

MP is dead on PlayStation 1st party.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Another PC insecurity thread.

i play on consoles too bud

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

851

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 851 Posts

What is this thread even about? LMAO

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

What is this thread even about? LMAO

Does MS integrating their games and services on PC, give them an advantage over Sony and Nintendo.

Avatar image for Fairmonkey
Fairmonkey

1981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1981 Posts

@sargentd: If I want MP or competitive, I'll play on PC. The only xbox exclusive that has interested me ever has been halo and whether infinite will be a good game or not is up in the air. Even then, I'll play it on pc. If I can play them all on pc then Xbox for me is not as viable as an option as PlayStation or nintendo. PlayStation for me historically has offered stronger exclusives like God of War 2 which will likely be a banger. Even if I were to only play through it once, it will probably be amazing still and better than xbox's offerings in the last decade

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

3986

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#21 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 3986 Posts

If a console is sold at a loss, made up for by the sale of the games, then wouldn't it make sense that if you could still sell those games without taking the financial loss of selling the hardware that you would do so? And since PC is usually a Microsoft platform as well as Xbox, it only makes sense to put games on PC.

But, I wouldn't say Microsoft has a good relationship with PC when MIcrosoft for most intents and purposes IS PC. It'd be like saying Sony has a good relationship with Playstation.

Avatar image for sheep99
sheep99

688

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 688 Posts

@sargentd: control

Avatar image for sheep99
sheep99

688

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 688 Posts

@rzxv04: i think mobil and Xbox will end up like Zune and they will focus more on gamepass their goal is to be Netflix of gaming and to be Netflix of gaming you have to focus on all streaming devices

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 539 Posts

@eoten said:

If a console is sold at a loss, made up for by the sale of the games, then wouldn't it make sense that if you could still sell those games without taking the financial loss of selling the hardware that you would do so? And since PC is usually a Microsoft platform as well as Xbox, it only makes sense to put games on PC.

But, I wouldn't say Microsoft has a good relationship with PC when MIcrosoft for most intents and purposes IS PC. It'd be like saying Sony has a good relationship with Playstation.

Yeah MS has always been involved with PC with Windows. But from a Home console perspective, they are still 1 of the main 3. Until this point they haven't had PC and their home consoles integrated at this level and I think that gives them a large advantage over the competition in the long run.

Sony is selling their hardware at a loss and makes it up with game sale and PSNOW subs. It makes sense from a business point of view. MS still is supporting their living room box console with the series X. Even supporting BC from the last 3 generations of Xbox games on it. I just think if most profit is going to be made by subs and game purchases, MS is doing everything right to pump up that revenue source. MS is on track to win in the long run unless PS makes changes.

Avatar image for firedrakes
firedrakes

3157

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#25 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 3157 Posts

btw mS is the service that sony is using for online and also ps5.

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

851

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 851 Posts

Why is this thread still open? It makes no sense.

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 537 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Why is this thread still open? It makes no sense.

What is wrong with this thread? They are asking a fair question IMO.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

28819

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28819 Posts

Eh, I dunno. It means that the vast majority of XBox games are on PC. I'm okay with that.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

3986

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#29 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 3986 Posts

@sargentd said:
@eoten said:

If a console is sold at a loss, made up for by the sale of the games, then wouldn't it make sense that if you could still sell those games without taking the financial loss of selling the hardware that you would do so? And since PC is usually a Microsoft platform as well as Xbox, it only makes sense to put games on PC.

But, I wouldn't say Microsoft has a good relationship with PC when MIcrosoft for most intents and purposes IS PC. It'd be like saying Sony has a good relationship with Playstation.

Yeah MS has always been involved with PC with Windows. But from a Home console perspective, they are still 1 of the main 3. Until this point they haven't had PC and their home consoles integrated at this level and I think that gives them a large advantage over the competition in the long run.

Sony is selling their hardware at a loss and makes it up with game sale and PSNOW subs. It makes sense from a business point of view. MS still is supporting their living room box console with the series X. Even supporting BC from the last 3 generations of Xbox games on it. I just think if most profit is going to be made by subs and game purchases, MS is doing everything right to pump up that revenue source. MS is on track to win in the long run unless PS makes changes.

Yeah, Microsoft is making innovations and their Game Pass is extremely popular even amongst people who do not own Xboxes. There will always be a group of people who want to play something on a TV, and use a controller, even Steam recognized this and tried to create these "Steam boxes." So Microsoft will still sell Xboxes to those who want to game like that, and sell content on PC to those of us who do not which are largely people who wouldn't have bought a console in the first place.

I will say this though. I haven't used Xbox live since early 2013, 8 years ago, and it's really cool that I can use my old XBL account and talk to, and play with friends I haven't seen or heard from in years.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#30 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@sheep99 said:

@rzxv04: i think mobil and Xbox will end up like Zune and they will focus more on gamepass their goal is to be Netflix of gaming and to be Netflix of gaming you have to focus on all streaming devices

I don't know but you're probably right that MS is thinking that in the long run. Gamepass availability across all platforms either local or streamed.

Even netflix still allows local downloads.

Avatar image for com2006
com2006

822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 com2006
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

Microsoft pretty much already own the PC with windows, so it isn’t unusual to see them putting game pass on their own product.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

46801

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#32 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46801 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Another PC MS Xbox insecurity thread.

Fixed that for you. How did you even miss this?

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

851

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 851 Posts

@latech84: they're not. It makes no sense. There's no such thing as a master race lol.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

38401

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38401 Posts

MS/Xbox is master race we just let our cousin herms ride our coat tails. It's just how we roll. :P

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 537 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@latech84: they're not. It makes no sense. There's no such thing as a master race lol.

I don't care about the master race crap, did not even think about that to be honest, I just was referring to the part of if it gives MS an advantage over Sony and Nintendo with them integrating their games and services with PC. I have never been a fan of the Master Race term. I think he just meant does that make it better when he said master race, I understand you not liking him using that term though.

Avatar image for jcafcwbb
jcafcwbb

306

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 306 Posts

No it makes it the most pointless console of the three as every on it you can play on PC.

Avatar image for rmiller365
rmiller365

1075

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 rmiller365
Member since 2010 • 1075 Posts

I think it's a smart move on MS part. After having disk tray issues on the OG Xbox, 2 RROD on the 360, and never bothering to get an X1 because of lack of 1st party single player games they seem to have corrected their course in the right direction.

They now have a chance to get my money off of software sales on PC. Bringing all 1st party content to PC means I don't have to invest in hardware I don't trust or want, and they're investment in studio acquisitions means they're going to release some single player focused IPs other than the normal Trifecta We've seen last gen.

I generally go PC/PS as my combo so it doesn't change what I buy at all, but now if I want to play Avowed, I still can. I get to play a game I would previously not have played on a platform I want, and MS get my money for said game. Win, win.