Does MS care about single player games?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24049 posts) -

I can think of two good single player games from MS snd they're both indies - Cuphead and Ori. Meanwhile Sony and Nintendo continue to give us great single player games. Just next month we're getting Days Gone. Nintendo is giving us Fire Emblem and a new Zelda. But MS? I can't seem to recall. Can you think of anything, SW?

#2 Edited by robert_sparkes (2960 posts) -

Gears 5 and halo infinite look to be going in a different story direction which look interesting. Rumours of fable and perfect dark reboot don't go away so I think they are changing their attitude towards sp. This year will show us more hopefully.

#3 Posted by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

Both Gears 5 and Halo: Infinite are sure to have great SP campaigns along with great MP online modes soooo...

:P

#4 Posted by Subspecies (330 posts) -

I don't even think MS cares about games, period, let alone sp games. They have completely dropped the ball this gen, and for that reason have become a laughingstock. All they had to do was consistently fund and put out good quality games, like Sony (or Nintendo), and that is precisely what they haven't done.

#5 Posted by Pedro (34050 posts) -

That's an odd thing to ask when they purchased several studios that specializes in single player games. Are you people even thinking before posting.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (36109 posts) -

If you look at the cancelled Fable game, MS didn't want another single player Fable game but they sure wanted a fully MP Fable game that nobody ask for and paid the price. That should tell you something about MS already.

#7 Posted by Fedor (4647 posts) -

Going by this gen and the 360 era, nope. Maybe it'll change in the future.

#8 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2316 posts) -

Of course not. They could be killing it right now with Scalebound and a new SP Fable but they continue to cancel the games that people want and keep pumping out the same 6/10 MP crap. Now they lean way too hard on multiplats and couldn't make a good game to save their life

#9 Posted by robert_sparkes (2960 posts) -

That much is true but they have tried sp games with sunset overdrive and quantum break which failed miserably. The question is will these so called studios release games the Xbox audience buy.

#10 Posted by Daredevils2k (2011 posts) -

It does seem that way. When I heard that Fable was going to be released for the xb1, i was super excited, but then we all saw it to be a sorta MOBA game :(I was like WTF. but after seeing MS forcing Rare to make a games with service , instead of making a an awesome singe player game, i am starting to think that MS doesn't care about single players anymore, but only care to make a Destiny Clone with Halo Infinite.

#11 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (648 posts) -

I don't even think they care about games in the first place. All the 6/10 mediocre games they keep releasing between GearsHaloForza makes me question if they even care about making games in the first place much less SP games.

#12 Posted by Ant_17 (12177 posts) -

@davillain-: to be fair, the rumor was that the forza horizon team was making it so I'm sure they spared lems another crackdown 3 with the canceled fable game.

#13 Posted by Archangel3371 (27601 posts) -

Yeah I think they do. As has already been said Gears of War 5 and Halo Infinite will have great single player campaigns and there’s a number of studios that they’ve recently acquired who will no doubt make some great single player games as well.

#14 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3759 posts) -

I think they are into Multi Players games so they can charge and make more money for long run with their game passes!

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#15 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4115 posts) -

Does MS care about games?

fixed the title for you, answer is no.

#16 Posted by Sevenizz (3665 posts) -

@valgaav_219: Wait, are you sure Xbox fans wanted Scalebound? Because I’m an Xbox gamer and it was never on my radar.

#17 Edited by Sevenizz (3665 posts) -

SP games are a dying breed. Look at the BR genre. It’s humongous with millions of fans quick to jump on the latest craze.

As an Xbox gamer, I can assure you we enjoy multiplayer more than boring scripted AI games.

#18 Posted by babyjoker1221 (1303 posts) -

So only 2 good singleplayer games from MS huh?

Well that's 2 more good games than Sony has produced for multiplayer.

#19 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8531 posts) -

Yes, and Sony also cares about MP games. All of those SP games have a MP mode, at the very least, and Sony also invested heavily in SFV, which is finally starting to be up to the standards of a SF game. It was a good game before, just not up to the SF standard imo.

#20 Posted by BigBadBully (2150 posts) -

Looking at the studios they acquired recently, seems like singleplayer will be taken care of, then you also have a service like gamepass giving you access to even more singleplayer games from 3rd Party.

Would say MS is going overboard with gaming in general. Gamepass, Xcloud, new studios, studios expanding, etc...

#21 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30734 posts) -

I hope Rare will make another singleplayer game.

Not that Sea of Thieves looks bad or anything, it's just not the game for me, or the game I want to play with friends. Another legendary platformer by Rare would be great.

#22 Posted by AJStyles (749 posts) -

They don’t care at all and they hire some of the absolute worst people in the industry to make their games.

I truly believe they hire any loser without checking to see if they have any experience.

How is it possible games like Recore, Sea of thieves and Crackdown 3 even exist in 2019?

Microsoft does not care enough to hire the best in the industry.

#23 Posted by sealionact (3806 posts) -

Does Sony care about MP games? I really cant think of a single one. No decent online shooters....none at all for ages.

#24 Posted by Robbie23 (321 posts) -

@sealionact: That is a good thing I guess :D

#25 Posted by sealionact (3806 posts) -

@robbie23: Sure! If you dont like the biggest selling genre in gaming I guess....

#26 Posted by I_P_Daily (11451 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

@valgaav_219: Wait, are you sure Xbox fans wanted Scalebound? Because I’m an Xbox gamer and it was never on my radar.

Yeah man I was excited to see how Scalebound would have turned out and would of bought it day one. Cows were so jelly over it, but both MS & Platinum couldn't get their shit together and release it :(

#27 Posted by pmanden (594 posts) -

Microsoft needs to deliver more single player games. That's why I own a PS4 besides my xbox one x.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#28 Posted by storm_of_swords (2752 posts) -

I think that Microsoft cares about single player games as much as Sony cares about multiplayer games.

#29 Posted by I_P_Daily (11451 posts) -

@pmanden said:

Microsoft needs to deliver more single player games. That's why I own a PS4 besides my xbox one x.

Do you mean SP only games, and what's wrong with providing both?

#30 Posted by Sevenizz (3665 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Oh yea, that’s when cows were clamouring about how the protagonist was a jerk so they pretended they weren’t interested. Because that’s ever turned anyone off a ‘videogame’.

#31 Posted by rrjim1 (1730 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

They don’t care at all and they hire some of the absolute worst people in the industry to make their games.

I truly believe they hire any loser without checking to see if they have any experience.

How is it possible games like Recore, Sea of thieves and Crackdown 3 even exist in 2019?

Microsoft does not care enough to hire the best in the industry.

Recore is a very good game, it got bad reviews because it wasn't finished. Had a ton of fun playing it! Sea of Thieves is way beyond anything Sony has put out period. Sailing the ship, the ocean, and storms are great fun. To bad the game wasn't even close to being finished when released, and only has MP. Crackdown is the only let down, but its fun for awhile just not worth paying full price. You must just be completely blind.

#32 Posted by I_P_Daily (11451 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can think of two good single player games from MS snd they're both indies - Cuphead and Ori. Meanwhile Sony and Nintendo continue to give us great single player games. Just next month we're getting Days Gone. Nintendo is giving us Fire Emblem and a new Zelda. But MS? I can't seem to recall. Can you think of anything, SW?

So great you're not even sure you're going to buy it, how fake can you get?

#33 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3394 posts) -

Truthfully, I think we'll know once and for all when Gears and Halo come out. MS's single player offerings have been pretty rough this gen.

#34 Posted by blamix (791 posts) -

They didn't now they do

#35 Posted by pmanden (594 posts) -

@i_p_daily: The games don't have to be SP only as long as they provide a decent SP experience. I want more games like Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3 and Gears of War.

#36 Edited by I_P_Daily (11451 posts) -

@pmanden said:

@i_p_daily: The games don't have to be SP only as long as they provide a decent SP experience. I want more games like Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3 and Gears of War.

Cool.

#37 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24049 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Nice try, buddy, nice try.

#38 Posted by I_P_Daily (11451 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oops you got caught out, but not surprising considering you post plenty of threads per week that you can't keep up with everything you post in them. It is par for the course for you cows as you play Sony's exclusives more on here than in real life.

#39 Edited by GirlUSoCrazy (8447 posts) -

They care about social experiences and engagement over a long period of time. If a single player game can do that then they'll care about it. Usually that means micro transactions and some kind of avatar that tracks personal progress and compelling you into monthly events.

They care about single player if you're engaged in the narrative and will dedicate to buying and keeping the next game.

But yeah their wet dream is to have a string of multiplayer hits, they want you to be on their network and for their network to be everywhere.

#40 Posted by floppydics (84 posts) -

@Sevenizz: ok ea

#41 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24049 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oops you got caught out, but not surprising considering you post plenty of threads per week that you can't keep up with everything you post in them. It is par for the course for you cows as you play Sony's exclusives more on here than in real life.

If you actually read the post, I literally wrote that I'm interested in the game but I have a backlog at the moment. I also have things like a job and other non-gaming things to do. I come to this forum to talk about my hobby. Thanks.

#42 Posted by I_P_Daily (11451 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Just excuses because you use that game in your OP even called it great when you haven't even played it, yet you wont be buying it lol, like i said you cows play Sony's exclusives more here than in real life.

Maybe if you play your hobby instead of creating multiple threads you might put a dent in that backlog of yours.

#43 Posted by mojito1988 (3535 posts) -

The answer is no.

#44 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Yes I woul d say moreso than the competitors outside Nintendo honestly.

#45 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24049 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: Just excuses because you use that game in your OP even called it great when you haven't even played it, yet you wont be buying it lol, like i said you cows play Sony's exclusives more here than in real life.

Maybe if you play your hobby instead of creating multiple threads you might put a dent in that backlog of yours.

Never said I won't be buying it ever... The thread was about April games..

#46 Posted by sonicare (56655 posts) -

Nintendo doesnt care about anyone over the age of 12. They are a bunch of sickos.