Does anyone here pay for both PS Plus and XBLG services?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by FinalFighters (2782 posts) 3 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Does anyone here pay for both PS Plus and XBLG services? (95 votes)

Yes i pay for both PS Plus and XBLG annual service fees. 36%
No, i only pay for PS Plus service. 22%
No, i only pay for XBLG service. 17%
i dont pay for neither. its a waste of money. 25%

Just curious who here pays for both the service fees of PS Plus and Gold and why?

As for me im only paying for PS Plus. i have a Vita, PS3 and soon i will be getting a PS4 (waiting for the White destiny bundle) so PS Plus offers more bang for my buck since im getting "free" games on all three systems.

#51 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -

Yes I bought a year if each when ps4 and xbox came out.

#52 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

I only pay for PS+

#53 Edited by verbalfilth (4938 posts) -
@starwolf474 said:

@verbalfilth said:

I begrudgingly pay for both since they are mandatory for online play. The money isn't a big deal really, its the principle of the matter that just irks me to no end. Sony had the right idea last gen: Keep online gaming free and charge for all the other extra stuff. Now we're paying for both. They probably did this after seeing how many people were willing to drop money into XBL.

While online gaming was free on the PS3, look at how much it sucked compared to Xbox Live. If keeping online gaming free was the right idea then why was it the service with the mandatory fee that made online gaming mainstream and was more popular than the free online services on PS3 and Wii?

You get what you pay for. You can get a free meal from the dumpster in the alley or you can pay for a quality meal in a nice resaturant; I'd rather pay for quality. I like having a mandatory fee for online play because it forces them to deliver a high quality service in order to keep people subscribed. I will gladly choose having to pay for a quality online service over having a crappy free online service like on the PS3 and Wii.

Lol wut?

I don't know what you've been playing but I had absolutely no problems with my online experience on the PS3 when it came to gaming. That argument is just another in a long history of nonsense being spewed by fanboys to justify the price deferential. I pay for both right now. PSN isn't much different than it was on PS3 aside from a face lift and XBOX live isn't any better online either. Its the bloody same experience when it comes to gaming online. I don't magically feel better playing on xbox live than I do on PSN or vice versa.

Xbox live made online gaming popular? Really? People were playing online before they knew what an xbox was. Remember Diablo 2, Remember Unreal Tournament, Remember Quake? No, xbox live is not popular because of its online services but rather for its online-centric console games. Halo was the driving factor behind this, then gears followed suit. Playstation and Nintendo were hardly even considering online services as a selling point during the 6th gen.

If I'm getting what I pay for, I feel extremely ripped off since the best overall, and superior, online gaming experience I've had is on PC...which costs me nothing.....nothing.

"You get what you pay for. You can get a free meal from the dumpster in the alley or you can pay for a quality meal in a nice resaturant; I'd rather pay for quality."

Brilliant! Pay for the meal you eat. Then go home and pay for the meal you ate with a smile on your face.

#55 Posted by M8ingSeezun (2157 posts) -

Neither. I only have a PS3, getting a PS4 at some point, but yeah, I'll probably have to pay for PSN+

#56 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

Both and my sisters' XBL, cause I'm a nice guy and all.

#57 Edited by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Glad I'm staying on PC at this point, to avoid that crap.

Seriously, why willingly pay such a large amount of money for something that should be free? Might as well pull your pants down for them too.

So all these games via PSPlus and G4G I have access to for being a member of the services should be doled out to non-paying customers as well? It's easily worth the rental fee. $50 a year to play dozens of games per year? It's a fair deal.

#58 Posted by heretrix (37792 posts) -

I did, but I no longer have a 360 so no more XBL for me.

One of the main reasons I haven't moved over to the new consoles is that, aside from having really shitty libraries, they really haven't found a satisfying way (for me) to validate spending a shit load of cash on those services in the previous gen. I find that forcing you to keep your old consoles online to play all of that content instead of transferring those purchases to the new consoles is a pretty huge deal breaker. Having a previous gen and current gen console hooked up at the same time is a pretty stupid solution ie, NOT a solution. I have a limited amount of space in my home theater and I don't want 4 or more consoles taking up space.

#59 Posted by nethernova (5490 posts) -

I pay for both. Only for the rented games though. Don't care about online gaming and wouldn't pay just for online gaming. I usually get much more out of it than my money's worth. This month was utter crap though. Probably the worst since it started.

#60 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Glad I'm staying on PC at this point, to avoid that crap.

Seriously, why willingly pay such a large amount of money for something that should be free? Might as well pull your pants down for them too.

So all these games via PSPlus and G4G I have access to for being a member of the services should be doled out to non-paying customers as well? It's easily worth the rental fee. $50 a year to play dozens of games per year? It's a fair deal.

I understand that it's "worth it". That's not the issue. I just don't want to feel "obliged" to pay a fee in order to perform basic functions.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
#61 Posted by deactivated-57de35bf0f08e (386 posts) -

Just PS+.