Does anyone even care about Gears of War: Judgment?

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

Does anyone even care about Gears of War at all? It's easily the most overrated series this gen. Perfect example of a franchise that never progressed. I wish MS would stop pushing it.

#2 Posted by Sebastien_ (31 posts) -
Yes
#3 Posted by freedomfreak (49741 posts) -
I do. I love Gears of War.
#4 Posted by MonsieurX (36675 posts) -
Lemmings. Pretty much their only game this year
#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (48529 posts) -

Yep.

#6 Posted by locopatho (23108 posts) -
Not really. I've had my fill of Gears, fun as it was.
t's easily the most overrated series this gen. Perfect example of a franchise that never progressed. I wish MS would stop pushing it.percech
That's complete w@nk, sorry. It's a fantastic trilogy. Just doesn't need another spin off.
#7 Posted by BilkeLegenda (1933 posts) -

I love Gears franchise,im just very dissapointed in Judgement for many reasons.

First reason being that Judgement should have been a dlc with old school maps for Gears 3.

As much as the changes they are making are debatable,i do not agree with many of them,but we will see how it turns out.

#8 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

Judgement reminds me of XIII-2. A game that never should've been made, but since there are a lot of assets left over from the previous games, why not?

#9 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -
I'd care if it came out in a years time on the third Xbox. As it is now, too soon and too stale.
#10 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3523 posts) -
Nope.
#11 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
Hell yeah, unfortunately I haven't put too much work into its hype thread yet. Also, Gears of War is one of the best series in gaming, with the first being one of the best games I have ever played.
#12 Posted by W1NGMAN- (10100 posts) -

Yeeeup.

#13 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

no gears fans at all in this forum. no siree, bob. never, ever gets mentioned.

#14 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Played the trilogy and didn't really care for any of them so no.
#15 Posted by spike6958 (6601 posts) -
Yes, only reason I bought a 360 was for the original, and the main reason I keep my 360 is to play Gears. Getting Judgement day one.
#16 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I'm waiting for a game featuring the Locust.
Avatar image for 3Guilty_4Spark3
#17 Posted by 3Guilty_4Spark3 (135 posts) -

No. Looks dull.

#18 Posted by CanYouDiglt (8233 posts) -
I love the first three and I am looking forward to this one.
#19 Posted by Wasdie (53438 posts) -

I don't care at all. Series should have just ended at 3. People need to learn to move on and not play the same damn games over and over.

#20 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5671 posts) -

grammar_nazi.jpg?w=720

#21 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
nope
#22 Posted by Cheleman (8197 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Lemmings. Pretty much their only game this year

Avatar image for 3Guilty_4Spark3
#23 Posted by 3Guilty_4Spark3 (135 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Lemmings. Pretty much their only game this yearCheleman

I dont think they care either. Theyre basically giving up for this year and banking on the 720.

#25 Posted by PAL360 (28696 posts) -

I love the series, but i'm on the fence when it comes to Judgement. Love how it takes notes from Left 4 Dead series but, other than that, looks too much like Gears 3.

#27 Posted by coasterguy65 (7133 posts) -

Hell if there can be another God of War when that series was so obviously wrapped up. Then I'm fine with another Gears, even when I thought that series was wrapped up. Especially since it will be focusing on Baird, and Cole, and Kilo squad, and not Marcus and Dom. The previews I've seen look damn good, so yeah I'll be getting it day one. Probably one of the few games I will be buying day one this year.

#28 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Be quiet.

Although i genuinely won't be getting Judgment.

Baird is my favourite Gears character too, so i'm extra saddened by this. If anyone was going to get a spin off, it should have been Cole.

#30 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

Don't like Gears, so no.

#31 Posted by Lulekani (2318 posts) -
It doesnt progress because it set the bar pretty high. Anyways it would be nice if Judgement wasn't so post apocolyptic-y. I'm curious if the Unreal Engine can handle a Gears of war before the Hammer Strikes, hell even before Emergence Day, back when there use to be citizens and working cars, plant life. I wana see "A LIVING VERSION OF SERA" ! I wonder if Crytek can cum up with a much more technicaly impressive Cover Shooter. . . . Hmmm
#32 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5671 posts) -

Funny because if there was another Uncharted announced around the same time as Judgement this forum would explode.

#33 Posted by Giancar (19155 posts) -
I will co op it. And that´s it.
#34 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

Does anyone even care about Gears of War at all? It's easily the most overrated series this gen. Perfect example of a franchise that never progressed. I wish MS would stop pushing it.

percech

If Gears that provides a totally unique and amazing new world and setting is overrated, then what can be said about the Indiana Jones copy(Uncharted) or the lame world of Killzone ?

#35 Posted by themajormayor (25504 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"]

loosingENDS

If Gears that provides a totally unique and amazing new world and setting is overrated, then what can be said about the Indiana Jones copy(Uncharted)

Uncharted has a completely different setting each time

#36 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

I might care had I played through Gears 3, but I still haven't done that, so I'm a bit meh on the series atm.

#37 Posted by idill23 (1135 posts) -

I do.

#38 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

I don't care at all. Series should have just ended at 3. People need to learn to move on and not play the same damn games over and over.

Wasdie

you mean microsoft should learn to have more faith in new IPs like they did when the 360 released.

#39 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"]

loosingENDS

If Gears that provides a totally unique and amazing new world and setting is overrated, then what can be said about the Indiana Jones copy(Uncharted) or the lame world of Killzone ?

what was so unique and amazing about the gears of war planet?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#40 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44833 posts) -
I only rented Gears of War 3, I plan on doing the same for Judgement. Gears is an alright series, but just doesn't warrant the $60 pricetag.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
#41 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10522 posts) -
I'll no-doubt play it at some point.
#42 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

grammar_nazi.jpg?w=720

Blazerdt47
Elaborate, nerd.
#43 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"]

loosingENDS

Killzone is terrible in every way. Uncharted 2 is the most overrated game of all time.
#44 Posted by murat8 (10362 posts) -
Too many games i need to finish right now, I didnt really even know there is a new Gears till yesterday.and the trailer i saw made it look like DLC.
#45 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

lawlessx

you mean microsoft should learn to have more faith in new IPs like they did when the 360 released.

They published games like Spelunky, Mark of the Ninja, and Deadlight.

Heck they even helped bring games over like Sine Mora.

Microsoft is not as bad as people think.

#46 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -
nope, not me. I dont like gears of bore.
#47 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5671 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

grammar_nazi.jpg?w=720

percech

Elaborate, nerd.

Nerd? What brings you to that conclusion?

#48 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

grammar_nazi.jpg?w=720

Blazerdt47

Elaborate, nerd.

Nerd? What brings you to that conclusion?

idk, I like saying that. I think it's funny.
#49 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

My most anticipated 360 exclusive this year. Day one.

#50 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (22099 posts) -

I liked Bulletstorm. So, I'll probably like Gears if I ever buy a 360 or its next-gen replacement.