Do you want to see more Sony exclusives on PC?

• 60 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3
deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do you want to see more Sony exclusives on PC? (45 votes)

Sony makes great exclusives, so, naturally, I would love to see more of them on PC. 53%
I don't really care about Sony exclusives, so, in turn, I don't care if more of them go PC. 7%
I like Sony exclusives, even love them, and want more of them on PC, but just don't want to admit it, so I'll choose this option. Crap. I just admitted it, didn't I. 4%
I think Sony exclusives are garbage, but I want more of them on PC so I can hold it against cows. 13%
I think Sony exclusives are garbage. I don't want (more) garbage on PC. 2%
I find it highly interesting that Dr. Fauci announced in 2017 there would be a "surprise outbreak" during the current administration. [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqaaeLnEww ] And, being an informed citizen, I know what Event 201 is, and when it happened; and, being a critical thinker, I know why it makes my stomach turn. 4%
16%

Exclusives are important for a console. That can't really be debated. They give a console uniqueness, thus allowing it to set itself apart from other consoles. If all consoles played the same exact games across the board, well, yeah, they'd all be the same. Companies would just spend resources on power and call it a day.

But then: PC. I can't deny that the prospect of playing certain PS exclusives (read: Bloodborne) on a high-end PC is mighty attractive. Mighty attractive indeed. Graphics are one thing, but unlocking fps is entirely another. Swinging Ludwig's Holy Blade in not-so-glorious 30fps (or below) has grown a bit stale, to say the least. But that's just one example. And then there's VR to consider...

Anyway. Point is, Sony is obviously going to keep a certain amount of exclusives actually exclusive (read: free of *) to the PS5/PS4. They've made that pretty clear. But they've also made it fairly clear that they plan on porting older/aging exclusives over to PC, and maybe some newer ones here and there, who knows. I'm on board with that, as long as it offers a superior gaming experience, assuming you have a superior gaming PC.

How do you feel about it, SW?

• 
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15995 Posts

I don't play games on my PC, but I suppose it's a good thing for them to port games to the PC. The more people that play a game like Horizon, for example, the better. It creates a healthy market and it gives the developers more incentive to make more games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3
Member since 2020 • 293 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

I don't play games on my PC, but I suppose it's a good thing for them to port games to the PC. The more people that play a game like Horizon, for example, the better. It creates a healthy market and it gives the developers more incentive to make more games.

Well said.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44155 Posts

Don’t really care myself one way or the other since I’m not a PC gamer. It would be pretty funny to see though. 😅

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Sure, that way people who hate Sony games don't have to pretend that they have access to them but choose not to play them 😄

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

PC/playstation has been my go to for the last few gens so I'm all for this. I would love for all PS games to be ported to PC because I then wouldn't have to waste money on a console and could focus entirely PC. I could play all those great Sony exclusives with any input device I want, with whatever mods I want, with system settings customized the way I want. Someday maybe.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58941 Posts

Not fussed one way or another.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Sure throw the hermits a bone so they have something besides Minesweeper and Hearthstone to play.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sure throw the hermits a bone so they have something besides Minesweeper and Hearthstone to play.

That's funny cause herms have access to the biggest library of any system on the planet and it's only getting bigger.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

cup, you dont want MGS4?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Don't like their template but would like to rub it in cows faces when they go to PC.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Bloodborne.

Other than that idc

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Man, stop drooling over a game that was released over a decade ago... If you are so desperate, just go to eBay and buy a PS3 w/ MGS4 for like 80 bucks.

I can sell you mine, deal? SMH...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Do I want to play some games I enjoy (PS games) at a far higher quality and standard than I would receive on a console? Yes.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i would, dont know what would be better. playing them or laughing at cows.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Still waiting for BloodBorne, Last of Us 2, GoT, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Persona 5, Uncharted 4

All good games still aren't on PC so what's the point there getting scraps right now where's the good sony stuff on PC?

Plus we get to see how good these games are doing. Unlike Microsoft who hides how good there games are performing steam shows charts so we can compare horizon zero dawn to crack down 3 and see how many people are playing it.

It's good it means sony games are crushing Microsofts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

@pc_rocks said:

Don't like their template but would like to rub it in cows faces when they go to PC.

Fair enough, lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@WESTBLADE85 said:

@ghosts4ever: Man, stop drooling over a game that was released over a decade ago... If you are so desperate, just go to eBay and buy a PS3 w/ MGS4 for like 80 bucks.

no thanks. wanna check it out on PC only.

beside no other sony game i want to play but another one is also decade old game that is resistance 3. looks like my kind of game but then its library full of movie games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@ghosts4ever said:
@WESTBLADE85 said:

beside no other sony game i want to play but another one is also decade old game that is resistance 3. looks like my kind of game but then its library full of movie games.

Hmm, not thirsty for Killzone 2 and 3. They were also the shit a decade ago.

BTW, PS3 wasn't a "movie games" console. Probably the last proper console to enter the market before the PC/tablet knock-offs we see today...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#19 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

hell yes, Sony make enough good to great exclusives that I've bought their consoles to play them. I've always felt the games have been held back by the hardware, especially performance wise.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Yes.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@WESTBLADE85 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@WESTBLADE85 said:

Hmm, not thirsty for Killzone 2 and 3. They were also the shit a decade ago.

BTW, PS3 wasn't a "movie games" console. Probably the last proper console to enter the market before the PC/tablet knock-offs we see today...

meh. they are MP games, with regen health and ADS shooting. looks like sci fi COD.

Resistance 3 seem more in the line of FPS i like. SP oriented with health bar.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Definitely. It would literally benefit gamers. You'd have the option of where to buy/play the game as well as Sony making more money off the games. If Sony makes more they can invest more into future games. It's a win/win.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#23 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Eh. Horizon Zero Dawn was the only one I ever cared about. I can take or leave the rest. Hell, I'm even still "jury's out" on Horizon 2; I might be done with the series once I finish HZD and find out why it looks so weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony do double down on PC, though. I don't think PC competes with PlayStation directly, and therefore does not hurt PlayStation hardware sales. Meanwhile, allowing high-margin software to sell separate from low-margin hardware is easy extra money, if the product pitch and interest holds up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Of course. Being free of a console, sub 30fps gaming, settings that are lower than the lowest available on pc and paid online would be noice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

@iambatman7986 said:

Definitely. It would literally benefit gamers. You'd have the option of where to buy/play the game as well as Sony making more money off the games. If Sony makes more they can invest more into future games. It's a win/win.

Yeah, I'm really thinking that Sony should have a "cutoff" for exclusives. Like when they pass a certain age they get ported to PC. It could be different for every game. At the same time, they could produce certain games specifically to share with PC. This would allow them to keep certain exclusives actually exclusive for a business angle, while still giving people options.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Sony doesn't make much, that's the devs job. They are more into paying for exclusivity so they can sell more consoles.

But yeah I like a handful of their held-hostage games and would like to see them go to all platforms.

#freethegames

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@subspecies_ii said:
@iambatman7986 said:

Yeah, I'm really thinking that Sony should have a "cutoff" for exclusives. Like when they pass a certain age they get ported to PC. It could be different for every game. At the same time, they could produce certain games specifically to share with PC. This would allow them to keep certain exclusives actually exclusive for a business angle, while still giving people options.

Yeah something like that would work. I honestly don't think making them day and date with pc would kill sales of the PS5. People like the ease and price point of consoles. I don't see that going away. I just want Sony to make as much as they can so they can invest more into their games and studios. I'd be happy with a "cutoff" scenario though. The more people who can play, the better.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I really dont care tbh. I wouldnt say no to other people enjoying them.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Of course. Fanboys get their panties in a twist over this stuff. It's always nice to have more games available on multiple platforms.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Sure thing. We'll naturally see staggered releases... Probably PS4 games through the PS5 generation, but i'm fine with that.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah for sure. The more games the better.

Admittedly I don't care for most of their exclusives, but occasionally they drop something I really like. Would rather have that option than buy a system for a game or two.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Sure. I want to see how they look on these new cards. Also, get competent people to do the ports, please.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58941 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

cup, you dont want MGS4?

Have it. PC already has Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain, unless you're an die hard fan ain't a great loss.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

@lundy86_4 said:

Sure thing. We'll naturally see staggered releases... Probably PS4 games through the PS5 generation, but i'm fine with that.

PS4 exclusives heading to PC when PS5 drops, throughout the gen, and then PS5 exclusives heading to PC throughout the PS6 gen and so forth is a scenario that I'm sure Sony is considering.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Doesn't sound like the ports have been very good. I think Sony should keep their exclusives for 3 years or so and then put them on PC for full price lol. I don't think in next gen there will be a big difference between PC and console, like this gen. I'd rather use hardware that the game is optimized for... very little bugs that way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

@joshrmeyer said:

Doesn't sound like the ports have been very good. I think Sony should keep their exclusives for 3 years or so and then put them on PC for full price lol. I don't think in next gen there will be a big difference between PC and console, like this gen. I'd rather use hardware that the game is optimized for... very little bugs that way.

And that's a huge problem. If incompetent people are putting these ports out, then there's no point. The quality should be top notch, or just forget it.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Death Stranding was a great port and HZD just got it's 3rd patch which apparently has fixed the majority of it's issues. They more than likely will wait for sales of whatever exclusive to stagnate on PS5 then work on the PC port. I doubt they have some fixed time frame for PC releases.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Dat Dr Fauci conspiracy theory though lol.

But yeah I voted for more on PC. The more that get to lay the greatest games ever made, the merrier!

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Just Persona 5 and beyond, more SMTs and FromSoft games. Everything else? Couldn't care less.

You cows can keep your ND games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@subspecies_ii: Tin foil hat isn't thick enough. Hate to break it but an outbreak of this type has been warned against for years. It didn't take a conspiracy for it to happen. It's dumb asses like you that are keeping us in lock downs longer than it should have. I bet you're one of those ken's that try walking into stores without a mask then cry about being discriminated against.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Of course I would I'm about the games not the fanboy wars.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

"I like Sony exclusives, even love them, and want more of them on PC, but just don't want to admit it, so I'll choose this option. Crap. I just admitted it, didn't I" and I couldn't resist going with this because I am😁🤭😏

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@joshrmeyer said:

I don't think in next gen there will be a big difference between PC and console, like this gen.

Yea? Did you miss the Nvidia news that renders both new consoles literally obsolete?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@WESTBLADE85: No I didnt miss it. I just dont think visually in real world performance there will be a huge difference. On paper, sure, it looks like a big difference.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

As long as they are older titles I don't really care either way. Now if they start putting all exclusives on PC earlier or at launch then console gaming for SONY will be all but obsolete. I don't see that happening any time soon though. However, if/when it does I'll just have to switch to PC primarily... no biggie since I've been thinking about doing it for years, but it would also likely signal the end of most of my online play.

On that note I chose choice G for none of the above.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Yeah sure, why not, who cares?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

@kingtito said:

@subspecies_ii: Tin foil hat isn't thick enough. Hate to break it but an outbreak of this type has been warned against for years. It didn't take a conspiracy for it to happen. It's dumb asses like you that are keeping us in lock downs longer than it should have. I bet you're one of those ken's that try walking into stores without a mask then cry about being discriminated against.

God bless you, dude. You need it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

@Sushiglutton said:

Dat Dr Fauci conspiracy theory though lol.

But yeah I voted for more on PC. The more that get to lay the greatest games ever made, the merrier!

Not Dr Fauci, dude. UN.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Exclusives are anti-consumer, thus I am in favor of Sony studios moving things to PC.

Also, the implied logic of the OP is laughable as consoles don't need an identity from the consumer view. That paradigm exists only to lock you into a closed ecosystem which is in the manufacturers interest, not yours.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Exclusives are anti-consumer, thus I am in favor of Sony studios moving things to PC.

Also, the implied logic of the OP is laughable as consoles don't need an identity from the consumer view. That paradigm exists only to lock you into a closed ecosystem which is in the manufacturers interest, not yours.

Why be a sensible consumer when you can pay to be a corporate cheerleader.

All hail Sony. Sony is love. Sony is life.