Do you trade in games ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts
Like if you want a new one do you trade in another one?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25888 Posts
Hell no. But I used to years ago, when I had less money. I even traded in MGS2 which I'm beginning to regret.
The-Big-Easy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 The-Big-Easy
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts
Yeah, I'm trading in Burnout paradise and some other games this weekend for a discount on MGS4 :D
DanBrim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanBrim1
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

I have only traded in one game ever Blazing Angels I bought it for $19.99 at Best Buy and in the same day traded it in at blockbuster for $30 credit..

I just hate how much EB ect makes off a trade in. I would rather give or sell it to a friend then let EB Ect make a second profit off a game..

Except Blazing Angels I like my friends to much to give them that trash...

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Man, I've done it alot recently, just cleaning out a bunch of games I dont even play anymore, and I regret it. I traded in some good stuff, and my PSP library is almost completely deminished into 5 games, lol.

I wont be doing it again anytime soon.... heck, I dont have anything else I want to trade anyway! Stupid me.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
Ive only sold Rockstar Table Tenis, Spiderman 3 and Sonic the Hedghhog for xbox 360, I regret selling Table Tenis and Spiderman 3
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
Not anymore, their big rip offs
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I try to not trade in games but sell em to friends or over the internet. I sold my copy of Ratchet and Resistance so I could buy MGS4. I know if I went to GameStop or something, I probably wouldn't get a fair trade ever.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5591 Posts

I have only traded in one game ever Blazing Angels I bought it for $19.99 at Best Buy and in the same day traded it in at blockbuster for $30 credit..

I just hate how much EB ect makes off a trade in. I would rather give or sell it to a friend then let EB Ect make a second profit off a game..

DanBrim1

Make a second profit? You do know EB/GameStop doesn't make very much profit off new titles right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Like if you want a new one do you trade in another one?blitzkid1

For what places like EB offer for used games...it doesn't even cover the cost of gas to drive the games to the store in the first place. It's cheaper to just keep them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
[QUOTE="DanBrim1"]

dotWithShoes

Make a second profit? You do know EB/GameStop doesn't make very much profit off new titles right?

Their profit margins in the line of business they chose to be in are not my problem. But I also don't think people who are dumb enough to buy a used game from EB for $5 less than a new copy shouldn't get any pity either. If people weren't dumb enough to pay the ridiculous "used" prices that EB charges, then EB wouldn't charge it in the first place.

cutmaclass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cutmaclass1
Member since 2004 • 1611 Posts
Used to, but eventually decided that it's better to keep everything you can. My biggest regret: Selling Metal Gear Solid for the GameBoy Color. 1) Game was awesome and 2) It's SUPER rare now.
AllanB3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AllanB3
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yh. if i need the money
standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#14 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

I trade old games in when they're not worth keeping. Once I've played them, if they didn't reach me on some level, they go back.

I just traded in Halo 3, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Devil May Cry 4 for MGS 4 last week.

reviewriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 reviewriter
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
[QUOTE="DanBrim1"]

dotWithShoes

yeah most of their income comes from used games.

reviewriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 reviewriter
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

I trade old games in when they're not worth keeping. Once I've played them, if they didn't reach me on some level, they go back.

I just traded in Halo 3, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Devil May Cry 4 for MGS 4 last week.

standarddamage

LOL Halo 3 not so good huh? MGS4 FTW!!!

DanBrim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DanBrim1
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
[QUOTE="DanBrim1"]

dotWithShoes

Yes but who's to say how many time has that used title they are selling you has gone through the store?

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="DanBrim1"]

ZIMdoom

Their profit margins in the line of business they chose to be in are not my problem. But I also don't think people who are dumb enough to buy a used game from EB for $5 less than a new copy shouldn't get any pity either. If people weren't dumb enough to pay the ridiculous "used" prices that EB charges, then EB wouldn't charge it in the first place.

True that..

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Not really. The only game I traded in over the last couple years was Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty. I received 10% extra with the Edge card, then I also got 20% because of a deal that was going on. So I received more than I would have on eBay or elsewhere for the trash.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Last Gen all the time. This gen-I have GF so I don't buy games I wanna play as much and have to rely on Trade ins for compensation of not playing them anymore.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4392 Posts

I trade in games all the time, I see no problem with it but some game never leave ie. Gears, Cod4, Orangebox, Halo3, GTA4

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#21 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts
[QUOTE="standarddamage"]

reviewriter

LOL Halo 3 not so good huh? MGS4 FTW!!!

Not good enough for me to keep indefinitely, or to want to download another map pack. I liked it, but it wasn't a keeper...especially with GTA IV and MGS 4 in my library.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
i used to...till i got ripped off by gamestop...never again
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5591 Posts

i used to...till i got ripped off by gamestop...never againmlbslugger86

Honestly how did you get ripped off? Its not like you hand them your games and you're forced to take what they offer. At anytime you can say no and they honestly don't really care.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

i used to trade in a lot, i once had over $200 credit in my account

thankgod i spent it all though, now i dont have to keep going back to eb/gs

really in the end, i think i would've saved a hell of a lot more money just renting the games i want

but atleast i supported the games that sold poorly by buying them new

gs needs to get their edge card issued resolved first of all, then get a decent library of used games that arent just 1million copies of madden... i cant find psychonauts anywhere

i used to buy a ton of used games because really the difference if way more than $5 if its a much older release