Do you think you'll ever get a Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

This question is not aimed at those Nintendo fanboys vho choose to buy every Nintendo console or handheld or any other fanboys out there. this is a question is aimed at gamers in general (those that do not consider themselves advocates of any particular brand).

The reason i ask is that in a few year time the Wii should have a solid selection of First Party titles and there are a few third party titles that have the capacity to be very good (if not great). I'm referring to titles like No More Heroes , Project O and the Kojima/Matsuno titles.

I don't think i'd ever suggest the Wii as a a serious alternative to the 360 or PS3 for gamers (the latter of which willl be my console of choice this gen). But i'm curious to know how many people will buy the console (after a significant price drop) just to get their fix of Nintendo titles and more experimental third party stuff.

Personally speaking i'm in two minds. I'll be waiting until the console is AT LEAST 100 quid in the UK to even consider it. But i am very interested in Mario Galaxy and Brawl, and if the rumoured snatcher sequel comes to fruition i will be sorely tempted. It'll also make a nice showpiece to play with others (Especially non gamers)

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
yeah i will get one when more games come out because ive owned every single one of nintendo's systems so there's a little sheep in me
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts
I'll get it to play SSBB, SMG
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
wii was my last console but the best one
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

yea only for the big 3.

wii's game list is mediocre though

ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts
I'll agree. The Wii will have some interesting games this year and next (depending on the region), and I won't reccomend it as an only console unless you're very strapped for time. But To me, it will be a must have console by the end of the year...
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
I don't think I will, it doesn't appeal to me at all.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
I already got one, but seeing the direction Ninytendo is going in, im not quite happy i have one. But i will keep it for Metriod, Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda etc.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I already have one. I also have a DS and a gaming PC, and I'll be getting a PSP this year and a 360 next year.
DanBal76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanBal76
Member since 2003 • 1950 Posts
Most probably not. My last hope was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, until they transformed it on "Resident Evil: The House of the Dead Chronicles". It doesn't help either that the selling point of the Wii, the wiimote, doesn't appeal me at all.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Yes, in the upcoming week actually if I'm lucky enough to find one. I have the money now.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Maybe in a year or two, the direction Nintendo is going is honestly driving me away from them.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
If I Get the money, im getting one.
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
The only thing I want to play is the big three. SSBB, Mario Galaxy, and MP3 .Also, I want to play Mario Kart Wii, but besides that I want nothing else for the Wii, so far. So, I will need to see some more games besides WiiFit and mini games before I get a Wii.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
I already have one and i'm glad that i do, but for me personally i MUST have 360 and PS3 for their exclusives like Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, FFXII, MS4 etc.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

doesn't appel

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts
I was going to get one but I'm more interested in getting a ps3 instead now. There are some good games for the wii sure, but the ones on the 360 and ps3 interest me a lot more.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I already got one, but seeing the direction Ninytendo is going in, im not quite happy i have one. But i will keep it for Metriod, Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda etc.HappyInvader101
same. I'm not completely sure about the new direction either. But I'm not going to jump the gun andsell my wii just yet

I'm really hyped for galaxy and MP3after seeing the trailers.

rkay36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rkay36
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
i have one and im happy with it. i never played minigame games before but with the wiimote it makes them a lot of fun, and if u dont have much time because of college or somethingit is a must have. i plan on getting a 360 eventually tho for more serious games. i bought warioware out of bordom and was amazed at how much fun it was. there are a good amount of games coming out that will keep me busy, no more heroes looks like it could be really fun.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
ah...no if I want to play the Wii I just go to my friends house to play it and if he wants to play PS3 he comes to my house btw he comes to my house more xD
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
Mario Galaxy looks Freaking AMAZING! and honestly the only game that is worth purchasing on the Wii. But NO... Its only 1 game. Ive got a massive tons of games on my ps3 and 360.
jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

I have being shipped to me in the mail as we speak (hopefully here on Monday). This goes along with my 360, gaming PC, and PSP.

I've been thinking of picking up a PS3 almost purely for the blu-ray player as I already have HDDVD and I figure hey why not go ahead and get both. Although as of today I'm a bit hesitent as I don't know how much it will cost next month even. Once they get their pricing figured out I'll still more than likely pick one up.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i already have one -- its my only next gen but im buying a PS3 in a year or so.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

I don't think I will, it doesn't appeal to me at all.Panzer_Zwei

what he said

DarkNeji14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 DarkNeji14
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
Nah never and never had any intension of getting one because I personally wouldnt enjoy it as an everyday console but more of a once in a while console. Also bcuz theres a gamestore naer where i live that lets you play all 3 consoles and high tech PCs for $10 a day and I go there "once in a while" and thats when I'll get to play some SSBB and MP3.
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

I used to want one before this E3 07. Simply because of the VC that I missed out on.

Right now, I'm not sure. Most likely not. Most of the games simply don't appeal to me. LoZTP(GC) was a good game but it sorta lacked that "wow factor" like I had with OoT. And I don't see 3rd party games ever succeeding with Wii nor will they ever appeal to me. I'd rather rely on the other platforms for serious 3rd party games.

Nintendo's direction seem to stray me away. I still enjoy the conventional controls (and KBM) and I'm not feeling the Wiimote at all. Tried it at the Nintendo World Store in NYC and it wasn't bad.....but definitely didn't convince me enough to trade in my control pads for it. The conventional controllers just feel better (to me).

Overall, my system of choice this generation is the Xbox 360.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
maybe at a yardsale
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
will I ever get a Wii?...nope because I already have one.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts

I was sold on the Wii a week after the 'Wiimote' was revealed.

SMG, Metroid, SSBB, FF:CC and a host of others have cemented the deal.

Miles0T0Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Miles0T0Prower
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
Have one goes great with my PCWii60
Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
If it gets a significant amount of good and/or great games, yeah I will.
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts

Used to stick to the XBOX only, I've became neutral and even picked up a Wii for myself. However, that doesn't mean I will support the PS3 in anyway, shape or form.

gnutux

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

This question is not aimed at those Nintendo fanboys vho choose to buy every Nintendo console or handheld or any other fanboys out there. this is a question is aimed at gamers in general (those that do not consider themselves advocates of any particular brand).

The reason i ask is that in a few year time the Wii should have a solid selection of First Party titles and there are a few third party titles that have the capacity to be very good (if not great). I'm referring to titles like No More Heroes , Project O and the Kojima/Matsuno titles.

I don't think i'd ever suggest the Wii as a a serious alternative to the 360 or PS3 for gamers (the latter of which willl be my console of choice this gen). But i'm curious to know how many people will buy the console (after a significant price drop) just to get their fix of Nintendo titles and more experimental third party stuff.

Personally speaking i'm in two minds. I'll be waiting until the console is AT LEAST 100 quid in the UK to even consider it. But i am very interested in Mario Galaxy and Brawl, and if the rumoured snatcher sequel comes to fruition i will be sorely tempted. It'll also make a nice showpiece to play with others (Especially non gamers)

NorthlandMan

Nah, I'll stick to with my pc and ps3.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
It depends nintendo is really going to have to step up their software if they want me as a customer, because I've been pretty dissapointed with how they've used the wiimote so far.
metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
never