Do you think the Switch's library is the closest to a PlayStation's library that Nintendo has ever gotten?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Since the N64, Nintendo has struggled to have a huge library. Be it bottlenecks (N64 carts, GC discs), sales not being up to snuff (N64, GC, Wii U), or hell, just plain bad relations with third parties (since even their "golden years").

Then the Switch comes along and currently has about 2000+, from physical, digital, ports, quality, and yes, even shovelware (which we all love to bonk the Wii for, but sweep other platforms under the rug over).

So, as the question is asked in the title...

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

on a console, probably. Kinda depends on your definition on how you compare the libraries. The Wii has a lot of fantastic games.

On handhelds no way. The library on the DS and 3DS destroy most console libraries

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Ummmmm, I dunno. While the Switch's library is the most impressive a Nintendo library has been in a long time and continues to grow, I wouldn't say it's comparable to Playstation on that merit alone.

A Nintendo library is distinctly Nintendo and a Playstation library is distinctly Playstation.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Digital distribution is a powerful thing.

I just wish the wifi on the Switch weren't so terrible awful. An ethernet port on the dock would have been great. Who knows tho, maybe it's a limitation of the SD card or the system storage.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Planeforger  Online
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I don't think so.

The Switch library is brilliant, but the Gamecube was the closest Nintendo ever was to Sony's library.

The Gamecube got the superior version of every multiplat (compared to the PS2, not the Xbox), and the exclusive titles were excellent on both platforms.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

No dude playstation has way more games than nintendo its not even close.

Ninty needs to work on its library im currently not hyped really for any games on the switch whereas the ps4 is getting some nice stuff here an there.

RE3 Remake/ FF7 Remake/ Starfield / Elder Scrolls VI / Cyberpunk 2077

I mean damnnnnnnn ps4 is great ninty got what animal crossing ANIMAL friggin CROSSING nobody cares about that

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

It still years behind as a majority of switch library is mobile ports and indies. Those few dozens alone attributed to Neo Geo and Nes re-release for switch.