Do you think the Battlefield series can be redeemed?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3227 Posts

EA and Dice have done so much damage to this series that use to be loved. From shallow gameplay to bad PR and greed. On top of that Dice just got a new boss this year that pushes microstranctions he came from the FiFA series yikes. So what do you think? do you even care anymore or is this series dead to you?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5455 Posts

Nope, too far gone. It would take a complete rework of EA's buisness models to do that and that will never happen. EA serves their investors, not their consumers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35552 Posts

In order for it to be redeemed, EA must be redeemed.

The likelihood, extremely low.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9679 Posts

I suspect not everyone will agree with me, but I think they need to pick a clearer direction and commit to it.

it feels like they are trying to please both the hardcore and casual crowd and the result just feels like it doesn't really satisfy either.

some aspects of the design are also just kinda sloppy, like the role of snipers and air-planes beyond "hey here are some cool things you can do in BF!" without them really contributing to matches beyond annoying other players who are trying to play the objectives.

its been a while since i've been enthusiastic about the series, though I have continued to play it and have certainly got my monies worth out of each entry, the experience has been pretty inconsistent since BC2 which felt like it actually had a clear direction and good flow of gameplay even though it was more casualized than the previous PC games that I loved.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Yes and no.

Yes with Bad Compaby 3 and no with EA.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12972 Posts

Get woke go broke. DICE told me not to buy their games and I won't. Don't care what they do from here on out.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13713 Posts

Nope, it's doomed.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1331 Posts

@with_teeth26: I agree. It's like their using a bigger net, but it's full of holes.

They could totally turn the series around...if they turned the series around. A good game is all I care about.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2001 Posts

No, never

All Battlefields fans will have to move on and already some of its fans are moving towards COD.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warmblur

@with_teeth26 said:

I suspect not everyone will agree with me, but I think they need to pick a clearer direction and commit to it.

it feels like they are trying to please both the hardcore and casual crowd and the result just feels like it doesn't really satisfy either.

some aspects of the design are also just kinda sloppy, like the role of snipers and air-planes beyond "hey here are some cool things you can do in BF!" without them really contributing to matches beyond annoying other players who are trying to play the objectives.

its been a while since i've been enthusiastic about the series, though I have continued to play it and have certainly got my monies worth out of each entry, the experience has been pretty inconsistent since BC2 which felt like it actually had a clear direction and good flow of gameplay even though it was more casualized than the previous PC games that I loved.

So true I wish they make two types of BF games for each crowd but I doubt they would ever do it. I don't care about singleplayer in a BF game. It would be alot cheaper to make old school BF2 type of game where you can practice with bots I rather have that and get Battlefield 2 gameplay over the modern style anyday.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1158 Posts

Naw. Series is dead.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#12 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1893 Posts

I hope they can fix it by next gen!

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8166 Posts

Obviously, from reading the comments above, I'm in the "slim" minority here, but I like the core gameplay of BFV. I believe that poor PR, the lack of content, the shody reveal trailer (in which I actually liked, but publicly speaking), and bad practices inherently put a bad look onto BFV as a whole in which I don't wholeheartedly agree with. To me, the core gameplay shines.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44607 Posts

I don't know, at this point I think Battlefield is their strongest franchise. And frankly, it's not bad. Obviously I miss the heyday of Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, but Battlefield 1 was a pretty fresh game (that whole multi-mission online thing was pretty incredible...forgot the name of it), and Battlefield V wasn't too shabby.

With that said, the series...is stale. It's not so much that it needs to be redeemed--what has it really done wrong? Nothing--it just needs to do more, with less, ideally.

With each release, I play it less and less. I probably played Battlefield 1 for a month, and it was all I played, but after that month it just faded and I didn't even go back for the expansions. Battlefield V I feel like I only played for two weeks.

You've played one Battlefield at this point, you've played them all.

I still think a solid % of people upset with Battlefield are still just bitchy little incels pissed over the woman-on-cover thing.

@ermacness said:

Obviously, from reading the comments above, I'm in the "slim" minority here, but I like the core gameplay of BFV. I believe that poor PR, the lack of content, the shody reveal trailer (in which I actually liked, but publicly speaking), and bad practices inherently put a bad look onto BFV as a whole in which I don't wholeheartedly agree with. To me, the core gameplay shines.

That's a good summary. Yeah I like BF V gameplay too.

norjayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By norjayy
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

Sure if EA gets out of the mix.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5423 Posts

BF1 and BF5 are the worst BF games in the entire franchise and it isn't even close. Terrible games... That said, I really hope they can bring us another game like Bad Company 1 or 2 or another BF like 3 or 4. Hell, at this point I'd even take a Hardline sequel...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24492 Posts

Short answer, no. I see no signs of EA and DICE wanting to fix it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#18  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10760 Posts

I have played BF since BF1942. There are some things that I miss from the old games, but I am really enjoying BFV. BF still has the best MP available. I am looking forward to the Pacific Theater DLC and the return of naval combat.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24492 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

BF1 and BF5 are the worst BF games in the entire franchise and it isn't even close. Terrible games... That said, I really hope they can bring us another game like Bad Company 1 or 2 or another BF like 3 or 4. Hell, at this point I'd even take a Hardline sequel...

Imo, BF1 and 5 aren't much worse than BF3 and 4. With BF3, the series started to suck. BC2 was ok. After that, meh.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38607 Posts

Battlefield series to me, it needs to take a hiatus after BFV. Let the series take a rest and to be honest, Revive Medal of Honor cause that game needs to be back on the spotlight more so then Battlefield itself.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warmblur

@Litchie said:

Imo, BF1 and 5 aren't much worse than BF3 and 4. With BF3, the series started to suck. BC2 was ok. After that, meh.

Yeah, I feel the same way for me Battlefield 2 was when the series peaked nothing come close since it. Now the BF games play more like COD for me that gameplay is not rewarding. It just feels shallow and I get bored with it quickly I miss when the BF games didn't hold your hand.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 331 Posts

Of course it can be redeemed. There are plenty of Battlefield fans that still love the older games.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was when the series peaked IMO. If they can concentrate on what made that such a great game, and released a sequel, then everyone would be onboard. But then they'd add some BS that no one wants.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3497 Posts

They need to take out all the women and minorities. It’s time for our favorite historically accurate shooter to return to its historically inaccurate roots. Make Battlefield great again!

Time to print up some MBGA hats!