Do you think MS is smart to buy a scam infested game known as Diablo Immortal?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think MS is smart to buy a scam infested game known as Diablo Immortal? (18 votes)

Yes, MS should reunion their rep even more 78%
no, MS is smart enough to back away from a sex scandal, scam infested company known as BLizzard/Activison. 22%

Wow, this is just getting bad, and its only day 2

• 
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7977 Posts

I like the game. It's fun for a phone game.

I won't spend 1 cent on it.

I'll grind to max level and drop it once I hit a paywall (endgame)

Did the same thing with lost ark.

Looking forward to Diablo 4

Just bought Diablo 2 remaster on switch.

I like Diablo.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8810 Posts

@daredevils2k: To my knowledge, MS has no input into Activision/Blizzard, because they do not own them yet.

Maybe wait to blame MS until the deal goes through?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12792 Posts
@dabear said:

@daredevils2k: To my knowledge, MS has no input into Activision/Blizzard, because they do not own them yet.

Maybe wait to blame MS until the deal goes through?

Maybe blame those responsible? just a thought

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43995 Posts

Yep, very smart buy indeed. Getting a lot of great IP’s and developers to work with while hopefully changing things for the better.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2244 Posts

@sargentd: this really!! No idea why people are hating so much on it, it’s the best mobile game I personally have played, if I hit a paywall I will just drop it and move on… so fare everything has been completely fine without paying!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38127 Posts

I just love seeing the social media devour shit games. Tenty years back, no matter how much of a scam a game would've been, it wouldn't be in the spot light.

And its funny how everything coming out from Blizzard is being absolutely destroyed by everyone. Love to see it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7977 Posts

@djoffer123: I agree. They hating because the gaming channels know p2w outrage gets clicks. Its a mobile phone game... F2P.

It's the same shit as lost ark or genshin impact.

I did not expect to grind out this phone game for all it's best gear and loot... And I won't

I'll play it for free untill it's not fun to do so anymore.

Were any of the people complaining.. actually planning on playing Diablo immortal hardcore and unlocking absolutely everything??? I don't think so lol...

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Predatory practices were a no go before MS decided to buy the studios. It is ok now though, fanboy mentality.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

...everything coming out from Blizzard is being absolutely destroyed by everyone. Love to see it.

Why?

Outside of the initial release of Diablo 3 and WoW: Shadowlands, they've been a pretty decent developer. They make some of the longest-lasting, best-supported, most-played games in the world.

With that said, they are far from what they have used to be and I dislike the direction they're heading in.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

Is it smart? Yes. Make no mistake: Diablo Immortal is a huge IP playing in the largest, and fastest growing, area of gaming (primarily mobile)....its going to make a shed load of money.

There may be some pull back on the MTX a bit then the rabble will die down and it will just print money...probably.

MS are not trying to buy Activision/Blizzard as some sort of mercy to help a poor struggling publisher out. They bought them because, despite all the crap stuff they have done, they still make a shed load of money and have colossal IP in their portfolio.

In saying that...i'm not touching the game with a 10 foot barge pole.....MTX riddled mobile game. Ew. Basically the very worst the industry has to offer.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

Im playing it and liking it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

...everything coming out from Blizzard is being absolutely destroyed by everyone. Love to see it.

Why?

Outside of the initial release of Diablo 3 and WoW: Shadowlands, they've been a pretty decent developer. They make some of the longest-lasting, best-supported, most-played games in the world.

With that said, they are far from what they have used to be and I dislike the direction they're heading in.

They don't think of making a good game. Milk their massive playerbase is all that matters. Just look at their recent titles. Overwatch 2 is the laziest sequel i have ever seen. Immortal is nothing else but a scam. Warcraft remastered is... i don't need to tell you how it is. Shadowlands, from what i've been hearing from asmon on twitch, its shit.

Talent is most likely still there, but the decisions the higher ups are making is burying their reputation by the day.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7147 Posts

The more money Microsoft has to destroy Sony the better.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Scam game from a garbage dev.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why?

They don't think of making a good game. Milk their massive playerbase is all that matters. Just look at their recent titles. Overwatch 2 is the laziest sequel i have ever seen. Immortal is nothing else but a scam. Warcraft remastered is... i don't need to tell you how it is. Shadowlands, from what i've been hearing from asmon on twitch, its shit.

Talent is most likely still there, but the decisions the higher ups are making is burying their reputation by the day.

Diablo 4 is going to determine it for me. I'm hoping they make a come back, but after the monetization of Diablo Immortal and the failed attempt at the real-money auction house in Diablo 3 (that they did away with, to their credit), they are on thin ice.

I get the doubt, but I don't think they've done enough damage yet to warrant a full condemnation.

But to each their own.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why?

Diablo 4 is going to determine it for me. I'm hoping they make a come back, but after the monetization of Diablo Immortal and the failed attempt at the real-money auction house in Diablo 3 (that they did away with, to their credit), they are on thin ice.

I get the doubt, but I don't think they've done enough damage yet to warrant a full condemnation.

But to each their own.

They won't make a come back.

Why do you think Diablo 4 is an mmo (yes, i know they don't want to admit it being an mmo, just like Bungie didn't want to admit Destiny being one for ages, but if you look at the features and mechanics, its a damn mmo)? Its so they can milk the shit outta this game through microtransactions. Blizzard is the same basket as Bioware, Ubisoft, Konami, etc. They're done.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17401 Posts

I think it's good that MS bought them because otherwise they'd make more stuff like Diablo Immortal

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@navyguy21 said:

I think it's good that MS bought them because otherwise they'd make more stuff like Diablo Immortal

Now they will make more stuff like Halo Infinite. What's the difference?🙃

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25  Online
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why?

But to each their own.

They won't make a come back.

Why do you think Diablo 4 is an mmo (yes, i know they don't want to admit it being an mmo, just like Bungie didn't want to admit Destiny being one for ages, but if you look at the features and mechanics, its a damn mmo)? Its so they can milk the shit outta this game through microtransactions. Blizzard is the same basket as Bioware, Ubisoft, Konami, etc. They're done.

We shall see. I've been gaming long enough and have seen enough developers go under or go bad to not get too worried; I have enjoyed Blizzard games for over two decades, we had a good run.

Doesn't cost me anything to hope for the best, though.

We shall see about the MMO aspect; I haven't heard of it deviating too much from the traditional Diablo/isometric action-rpg formula, but then again I have not been following its development too much.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why?

Warcraft 3 reforged and the whole free hong kong stuff.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25  Online

@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why?

Warcraft 3 reforged and the whole free hong kong stuff.

Oh yeah forgot about Reforged.

DIdn't personally have an issue with it, played well and looked good, but I did hear people had issues.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Seems like Activision-Blizzard is trying to squeeze every last ounce of profitability out of the company before they hand it over. If they keep these toxic actions curious if Microsoft might have reason to renege on the deal.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#24 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Now watch as this game go on to make a bazillion dollars, because whaling is a business, and business is booming.

Microsoft know what they're doing.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5234 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

They're a business, they want money

Depends if they can keep it up or if gamers burn out on it

Something that unfortunately many on this forum seems to forget. I doubt that Activision/Blizzard is what it is now if it is non-profit charity.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23807 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why?

Dont forget WoW: Battle For Azeroth, WarCraft 3 Reforged, Overwatch 2, Heroes of the Storm and their mishandling of Overwatch 1.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

Let's rename it Diablo: Immoral.

Smart? Not really. You don't have to be smart to see that it's a very easy way to earn lots of money.

Not sure why Immortal is worse than any other phone game though? Because it has even more microtransactions than your average phone game or something? I don't really give a shit, all phone games suck in that sense. Doesn't matter to me if Immortal has 100k dollars worth of mtx as opposed to Clash Royale that has 50k (I have no idea how much it has, just pulling numbers out my ass). I'm not spending a cent either way on any phone game. Immortal can have 100k dollars worth of mtx, or a million, doesn't matter to me. It's for idiots, I'm not their target.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

yuck

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts
@Litchie said:

Diablol: Immoral

And yeah, you can't really be disappointed if you consider all phone games equally crap.

But it's insidious. I think Paul Tassi is a great example: the original hook of the game is fine, he recommends it to friends as he's having fun.

But then hours later it hits you like driving a car into a wall at 150 m/ph: all the original fun you had is gone and all that is left is a game where your only options are grinding for years or opening up your wallet. A portion of gamers will simply stop playing, but another portion feels invested at that point and has some serious spending issues.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

Diablol: Immoral

And yeah, you can't really be disappointed if you consider all phone games equally crap.

But it's insidious. I think Paul Tassi is a great example: the original hook of the game is fine, he recommends it to friends as he's having fun.

But then hours later it hits you like driving a car into a wall at 150 m/ph: all the original fun you had is gone and all that is left is a game where your only options are grinding for years or opening up your wallet. A portion of gamers will simply stop playing, but another portion feels invested at that point and has some serious spending issues.

Yup. That's how all phone games are, more or less. 🤷 Immortal might be the worst, I dunno. Not really a problem for me when the end product is crap anyway. Not gonna rage on crap being extra crap.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Poo TC... MS/Xbox....

:P

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Why would anyone play this over diablo 3 on PC? It doesn't make any sense visually it looks worse and everything else is worse in it

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@navyguy21 said:

Still triggered by Halo Infinite‘a huge success I see. More cows bringing up Halo!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hardwenzen
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@navyguy21 said:

Still triggered by Halo Infinite‘a huge success I see. More cows bringing up Halo!

Huge success at being shit on on every forum and social media. Flagship btw.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@navyguy21 said:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@navyguy21 said:

Think again

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Think again

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

MS have no control over them yet... Sony does control grind-a-thon GT 7 though.

Bit of a glass houses situation calling out MS while Sony tried to do this directly with their flagship game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#39 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

Typical mobile trash. No surprise. As long as that shit does not take over Diablo 4, then it is not that big of a deal.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

I was excited for this game when I first heard of it, after watching and reading a ton of reviews stating it’s a pay to win style game with microtransactions I wont even entertain it.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

I was excited for this game when I first heard of it, after watching and reading a ton of reviews stating it’s a pay to win style game with microtransactions I wont even entertain it.