Do you think Modern Warfare's Ground War will be a better Battlefield game?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

I played the MW beta this morning and I enjoyed what I played from the Ground War mode. I think the best part is using your killstreaks. It easier to get them, but requires tactics to use them well. Overall, it was fun and not as overwhelming as a Battlefield game. So this premise may end up being a good Battlefield mode. But is it better than an actual Battlefield game? Let me know your thoughts!

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

It feels more finished than Battlefield 5 does for sure but it doesn't yet hold a candle to better Battlefield games from the past. Just hopeful this sort of competition will kick Dice Sweden back into gear and stop resting on their laurels.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I like it. But it still needs a lot of work before it can match battlefield.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

It's a decent mode and has the polish. Vehicles are a bit vanilla compared to battlefield. Also feel like you have less options for team support( I only saw deployable cover and muntions). I only glanced maybe more option that I didn't see?

Overall both games suffer from stale modes for large scale. Id like to see more random dynamic stuff thrown in besides capturing flags. Like if you blow up a communication building or something, it affects opposing team, control neutral areas around the map that give bonuses along with the designated flags.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Couldn't tell you. Blizzard's 2-step authentication is a fucking disaster. I have moved through numerous systems, so I have to put in a ticket in order to remove the authenticator from the account (if they will.) That takes days, and I don't care enough to jump through hoops in order to try.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I did not like it based on the beta. felt like a even more chaotic battlefield but without the destruction and general sense of weight/heft you get with a BF game.

and for the record, I think the newer BF games are already too chaotic.

I think having killstreaks in a mode like that is a awful idea. you just die out of nowhere constantly to that shit, and with more players, there are more people getting killstreaks.

I was interested in this new CoD based on what i'd heard but the beta pretty much killed that interest

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I played the beta and thought it was shit. A lot of random cheap kills and chaos with COD gunplay that I don't care for. Makes me appreciate BF even more.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I don't think so. I'd rather play BF4 if I was gonna play Modern Warfare game. But, I exclusively like the old WWII games mostly.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

No, it's just more COD. A better COD, but an inferior battlefield.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Seen so much spawn killing that i can say it will not replace Battlefield any time soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Ground war is horrible and makes BF5 look like a master piece. First get rid of kill streaks, make ttk slower, balance weapons, balance vehicles, give vehicles FP view etc.

Levelcap pretty much sums my thoughts as well.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Mixed bag. On one hand the map is great and underpowered vehicles are my cup of tea.

On the other, it feels really unfinished. Like, basic shit you expect being there like bullet travel/drop and damage drop-off is completely absent, ground vehicles handle like dogshit, getting stuck in terrain.

Meanwhile, killstreaks are overblown by nostalgia glasses-wearing BF crappers. Yeah, you can get pummeled by a chopper for 30 seconds, as opposed to being pummeled by choppers and jets 24/7 in Battlefield 4. Shit's announced out loud and is shown on your map, and all of them go down to small arms fire.

If you don't notice a big red ****-off circle on the minimap moving towards you at high speed, you should go back to Battlefield and realize you'll get the same random deaths, but without the heads-up.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@Icarian said:

Ground war is horrible and makes BF5 look like a master piece. First get rid of kill streaks, make ttk slower, balance weapons, balance vehicles, give vehicles FP view etc.

Levelcap pretty much sums my thoughts as well.

The weapon balance is the worst thing about the MW beta; it's all over the damn place. That, and claymores.

Ground War was just a crappy version of Battlefield. No destruction. Vehicles are even more overpowered. Unbalanced as hell. It was pretty crappy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

Apparently some animations are tied to 60FPS in this game, so high framerate gamers on PC are out of luck.

@narlymech said:

I don't think so. I'd rather play BF4 if I was gonna play Modern Warfare game. But, I exclusively like the old WWII games mostly.

Yeah, the original ones were still the best and imho the most skillful and tactical COD games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

No. It might make BF series not feel as shit anymore.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Apparently some animations are tied to 60FPS in this game, so high framerate gamers on PC are out of luck.

@narlymech said:

Yeah, the original ones were still the best and imho the most skillful and tactical COD games.

There were some strange animation glitches running at 100+ fps. That might explain why those were happening.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

I hated it, and this video sums up all the issues that drive me nuts

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The mode is not for me. But that 2v2 mode on the other hand... Wow. That might finally get me away from BR's