Do you think Microsoft is saturating their launch lineup?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Whether you like or dislike the Xbox One's launch lineup, you have to admit they have plenty of games (again, even if you think they're crap, fine, not the point). That indicates a strong launch lineup. Plenty of variety to choose from. Not just all shooters or whatever. But at the same time, is that a problem? Seems like they're putting all their eggs in one basket at launch.

Think about it. Big titles like Call of Duty, Battlefield, AssCreed, Fifa 14, etc. will eat up everyone's money. Then smaller but still big titles like Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct, Need for Speed, NBA, etc. will still sell well. But what about the smaller titles that seem like they're receiving next to no attention? Crimson Dragon, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, etc. Do most people even know these games exist? They look interesting but I feel like they'll be overlooked at launch. Part of me wishes Microsoft would delay them instead to next year during an empty time.

Sure, Sony's lineup is weak. Very weak. But at least those games have plenty of attention. I fear with so many games sharing the spotlight, many of them will be forgotten (like niche titles at the Vita and Wii-U's launch lineups).

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

if it appeals to people they will buy it its the publishers responsibility to make sure the game is known

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

There's only one exclusive game I want for the PS4, while there are 2 exclusive games I absolutely must have for Xbox One at launch - so they must be doing something right. Personally, I'm getting multiplatform games on PC, so the new consoles will be just for exclusives.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

No

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Now we're complaining because there are too many games?

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

No everyone will be happy all the time. Me for one, I think the launch lineup is the greatest to ever grace the gaming community. Bar none.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

No. I think it's fine. Usually after a console launch there is a few months of very little being released so the launch games have kind of a long tail in sells.
What Microsoft needs to do is after the first 6 months make sure their exclusives are nicely spread even during the year with the big ones around Christmas. IGN just had an article on Sony sending their exclusives to die. Microsoft needs to be better than that.
The problem with Microsoft is now they may have too many teams working on too many games. Black Tusk has 3 games in development right now alone. Plus they have contracts with Remedy, Crytek, Insomniac, Playground, and others making exclusive games as well.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By edidili

@timbers_WSU said:

What Microsoft needs to do is after the first 6 months make sure their exclusives are nicely spread even during the year

Next year they'll have titanfall, Halo, Fable, Kinect sports, project spark, sunset overdrive and Quantum break. So they're kinda set for next year too.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I see your point but if theres lots of games I need to play then I will buy them sooooo...Yeah. Its good for me. Bad if your 12 and your waiting for mum to buy your shizzle for you.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Titanfall, halo, fable, kinect sports and few others all next year :)plenty of stuff besides forza dr and ryse

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

It's missing an exclusive shooter with a good single player campaign. Xbox had Halo, XBox 360 had Perfect Dark, the Playstation 4 has Killzone Shadowfall, but the XBox One has nothing...

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edidili

@superclocked said:

It's missing an exclusive shooter with a good single player campaign.

Considering how two of the biggest FPSs, Cod and Bf4 will launch soon that would be a terrible idea.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

No, because the only game I want to play from their lineup is Crimson Dragon.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Nah it's one of the best launch lineups of all time as far as I'm concerned. Plus there's stuff like Project Spark and of course Titanfall not far away.

I ain't got time for the "just wait" crap :)

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 superclocked

@edidili said:

@superclocked said:

It's missing an exclusive shooter with a good single player campaign.

Considering how two of the biggest FPSs, Cod and Bf4 will launch soon that would be a terrible idea.

Nah, both of those games are much better on PC, and they could've made an exclusive shooter run at 1080p/60fps. Killzone Shadowfall is just one more reason that I'm getting a PS4 at launch instead of the XB1...

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 edidili

@superclocked said:

Nah, both of those games are much better on PC

That's great. I still don't see how their shooter wouldn't compete with these 2 heavy hitters.

They have two FPSs waiting till people get bored of CoD and BF.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By superclocked

@edidili said:

@superclocked said:

Nah, both of those games are much better on PC, and they could've made an exclusive shooter run at 1080p/60fps. Killzone Shadowfall is just one more reason that I'm getting a PS4 at launch instead of the XB1...

That's great. I still don't see how their shooter wouldn't compete with these 2 heavy hitters.

They have two FPSs waiting till people get bored of CoD and BF.

I didn't say that it wouldn't be competing with them. I just pointed out that the system is missing an exclusive first person shooter with a good single player campaign, which is very true...

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 edidili

@superclocked said:

I didn't say that it wouldn't be competing with them.

That's the point though. Why release yet another shooter when people will already have 2 big ones? That's oversaturation.

Nobody in their right mind would release their big FPS the day both CoD and BF are released. Sony does but then again Sony thinks Killzone is a good serie that deserves another game for some strange reason.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By superclocked

@edidili said:

@superclocked said:

I didn't say that it wouldn't be competing with them. I just pointed out that the system is missing an exclusive first person shooter with a good single player campaign, which is very true...

That's the point though. Why release yet another shooter when people will already have 2 big ones? That's oversaturation.

Nobody in their right mind would release their big FPS the day both CoD and BF are released. Sony does but then again Sony thinks Killzone is a good serie that deserves another game for some strange reason.

My point is still perfectly valid. The XB1 is missing an exclusive first person shooter with a good single player campaign. The XB1 has nothing to compete with Killzone: Shadowfall, which I'm sure will sell very well despite BF4 and COD releasing at the same time...

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@DrRockso87: No...

Is it bad that they're releasing many games? How is this possibly bad? I don't get why this is bad... it's good.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 edidili

@superclocked said:

The XB1 has nothing to compete with Killzone: Shadowfall

No idea why suddenly people started hyping this serie. I think it has to do with the fact that there is a lot of positive hype around PS4 and that game is pretty much the only thing it has right now so people hope it is good.

Killzone, seriously? If that's the competition Sony is going to give MS when it comes to games MS has nothing to be afraid of.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Cows have 5 FPS games to play yet they say all the XBox does is shooters.XBox One has the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon, A fighting game, a golf game, a tycoon game, a racing game, a zombie/open world game, a gladiator game, dance games and a motorcyle game and that's not counting any multiplats.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 superclocked

@edidili said:

@superclocked said:

The XB1 is missing an exclusive first person shooter with a good single player campaign. The XB1 has nothing to compete with Killzone: Shadowfall, which I'm sure will sell very well despite BF4 and COD releasing at the same time...

No idea why suddenly people started hyping this serie. I think it has to do with the fact that there is a lot of positive hype around PS4 and that game is pretty much the only thing it has right now so people hope it is good.

Killzone, seriously? If that's the competition Sony is going to give MS when it comes to games MS has nothing to be afraid of.

Killzone Shadowfall looks like it's going to be better than it's predecessors. I'm more hyped for Destiny, but Killzone looks like a great game...

LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts

@DrRockso87 said:

Whether you like or dislike the Xbox One's launch lineup, you have to admit they have plenty of games (again, even if you think they're crap, fine, not the point). That indicates a strong launch lineup. Plenty of variety to choose from. Not just all shooters or whatever. But at the same time, is that a problem? Seems like they're putting all their eggs in one basket at launch.

Think about it. Big titles like Call of Duty, Battlefield, AssCreed, Fifa 14, etc. will eat up everyone's money. Then smaller but still big titles like Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct, Need for Speed, NBA, etc. will still sell well. But what about the smaller titles that seem like they're receiving next to no attention? Crimson Dragon, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, etc. Do most people even know these games exist? They look interesting but I feel like they'll be overlooked at launch. Part of me wishes Microsoft would delay them instead to next year during an empty time.

Sure, Sony's lineup is weak. Very weak. But at least those games have plenty of attention. I fear with so many games sharing the spotlight, many of them will be forgotten (like niche titles at the Vita and Wii-U's launch lineups).

Sony's line-up is spread out over a year. MS is pulling a WiiU and banking that giving out everything on day 1 will carry them to Titanfall, and then.......

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@superclocked said:

@edidili said:

@superclocked said:

My point is still perfectly valid. The XB1 is missing an exclusive first person shooter with a good single player campaign. The XB1 has nothing to compete with Killzone: Shadowfall, which I'm sure will sell very well despite BF4 and COD releasing at the same time...

Whereas the PS4 has nothing to compete with Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, or Ryse.

Having every single sub-genre covered at launch is impossible...

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Their launch line up isn't really THAT impressive. I want Ryse and Forza.