Do you think Halo Infinite will get people interested in buying an Xbox Series X?

• 95 results
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 1049 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@SolidGame_basic: If rumors are true, a lot of people are gonna want a XSX. Because the games they are rumored to announce are some of the biggest IP’s in history.

yes which every single one they announce will also be on last gen systems. so a lot of people will just play it xbox one x. you know they just bought 2 or 3 years ago. same with the pro but sony will be making ps5 only games. so more people will buy a ps5 while playing xbox game on there one x.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36915 Posts

Depends on the reveal, being on Game Pass might bring more people to service though. But I still expect for years to see the same old "I haven't played a Halo since Halo 3, 343 yadda yadda..."

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

If you have a Halo title launch that looks to cater to the core Halo audience and is explained in substantial detail pre launch and there are clear advantages to playing the title on the series x, then yes. 343 have fluffed too many launches to maintain Halo as the Titan it once was on name alone, the series x has to offer a noticeable advantage and Infinite has to be better than what 343 have put out to date if MS want to use Halo as an engine to drive sales again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#54  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40127 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@BlackShirt20 said:

@SolidGame_basic: If rumors are true, a lot of people are gonna want a XSX. Because the games they are rumored to announce are some of the biggest IP’s in history.

yes which every single one they announce will also be on last gen systems. so a lot of people will just play it xbox one x. you know they just bought 2 or 3 years ago. same with the pro but sony will be making ps5 only games. so more people will buy a ps5 while playing xbox game on there one x.

Are you saying that most/majority of the Xbox userbase are gaming on the Xbox One X?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Gifford38

@BassMan said:
@tormentos said:

@BassMan:

I have told lemmings that,but they dont want to admit it,hell having all games on xbox one make it even worse,you dont need a series X for Halo,it will be on PC,xbox one and series X,so there isnt really an insentive to get a series X for that game.

It will be much better on XSX than on current-gen. For console only gamers, it is worthwhile to pick up an XSX for exclusives and superior versions of multiplats. XSX is a better console than PS5 in terms of hardware. I have no interest in buying one because of PC, but it will be good. I think PS5 will be pretty good too, but is lacking in processing power. ~10 Tflops is nothing special for a box that is supposed to last the next 5+ years.

love that 10 tflops not enough for the next 5 years. tell me what is suppose be the teraflop # of this gen before we got both spec of each machine? did you say to your self next gen better be 12 teraflops or it will not last 5 year? what number did you go off of this next gen before each console was revealed?

this gen started at 1.2 or so teraflops to 10 in one gen leap.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Gifford38
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:

@SolidGame_basic: That's a strange thing to say when you have a series like God of War.

If you look at Sony's first party content, they have done a good job of letting a franchise go once it's run its course. That doesn't mean they can't or won't bring it back. They brought in inFAMOUS, while letting go of Sly Cooper. Jak & Daxter went, and we got Uncharted and Last of Us. Uncharted is now retired for now. LittleBigPlanet skipped a gen. Killzone skipped a gen. Resistance has been gone for a while. God of War was in limbo after God of War Ascension. Cory Barlog had to convince Sony to give it another shot with the reboot. Days Gone and Horizon are new IPs. Dreams is a successor to LBP. So yea, I would say Sony keeps things fresh. MS tried to introduce new franchises and mostly failed. Maybe Sea of Thieves was the most successful. Yet whenever bring up Microsoft's first party, they just talk about the big three (Halo, Gears, and Forza).

There have been more Ratchet and Clank games than Halo, Gears and Forza. There are more God of War games than Halo and Gears. Gears of War and Uncharted series are now on par.

So, lets not do the pretend game. 😎

lol, going to nitpick now? The generous consensus about Xbox First Party has been that it's the same thing. Don't believe me? Ask others!

yeah i know we might have more god of war or grand or uncharted or rachet and clank but guess what they bring other new ips on top of those sequels. were xbox doesn't.

look at this gen ghost, death stranded, horizon zero dawn, last of us 2 (still new ip last game of last gen)

atsro bot, days gone, new god of war that is remade completely, spiderman

i can keep going on if you like but i will spare you lol.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3943 Posts

@sealionact said:

@pc_rocks: We're in the post COD era? COD is one of the best selling and most played games out right now.

Ah, that's what I meant. Probably shouldn't have used post CoD era but era in which CoD exists.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 141

#58  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 12010 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@BassMan said:
@tormentos said:

@BassMan:

I have told lemmings that,but they dont want to admit it,hell having all games on xbox one make it even worse,you dont need a series X for Halo,it will be on PC,xbox one and series X,so there isnt really an insentive to get a series X for that game.

It will be much better on XSX than on current-gen. For console only gamers, it is worthwhile to pick up an XSX for exclusives and superior versions of multiplats. XSX is a better console than PS5 in terms of hardware. I have no interest in buying one because of PC, but it will be good. I think PS5 will be pretty good too, but is lacking in processing power. ~10 Tflops is nothing special for a box that is supposed to last the next 5+ years.

love that 10 tflops not enough for the next 5 years. tell me what is suppose be the teraflop # of this gen before we got both spec of each machine? did you say to your self next gen better be 12 teraflops or it will not last 5 year? what number did you go off of this next gen before each console was revealed?

this gen started at 1.2 or so teraflops to 10 in one gen leap.

I have a 2080 Ti (15+ TFLOPS with OC) since launch in 2018. It has not proven capable of 4K/60 on a lot of current gen games. With games becoming more advanced next-gen (ray-tracing, UE5 demo running at 1440p/30fps on PS5) and HDMI 2.1 TVs capable of 4K/120, these consoles are not going to be very future proof. PC GPUs will soon be pushing 20+ TFLOPS and these consoles are going to be less and less impressive. That being said, a 12 TFLOPS console is still more capable than a 10 TFLOPS console.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1710 Posts

@gifford38: Do you know how dumb and illogical you sound with that statement?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

yeah i know we might have more god of war or grand or uncharted or rachet and clank but guess what they bring other new ips on top of those sequels. were xbox doesn't.

look at this gen ghost, death stranded, horizon zero dawn, last of us 2 (still new ip last game of last gen)

atsro bot, days gone, new god of war that is remade completely, spiderman

i can keep going on if you like but i will spare you lol.

Stop being stupid please.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 4563 Posts

Halo Infinite is more about getting people buying into the Xbox ecosystem (ie Game Pass) rather than selling one particular piece of hardware.. That should be evident by the fact that it's also available on the current-gen Xbox One, PC, and likely xCloud..

One of these days, some of you will realize the entire point on selling you hardware is ultimately to get you to buy into software and services.. if Microsoft can sell you it's software and services on the hardware you already own, that's a win..

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 26480 Posts

@Antwan3K: so since it's also available on PC, people will just stick with that instead?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Antwan3K: so since it's also available on PC, people will just stick with that instead?

So, you are saying most gamers prefer to game on PC rather than consoles?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3614 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I think there is a large collection of gamers who would be more than thrilled so see Halo: Infinite knock it out of the park and once again become the FPS series that all other FPS games are compared to.

If that happens, yes, the Series X will definitely benefit from that.

Sadly, however, I have very little faith in 343 or MS's support of 343 to believe that's going to happen. I would love to be wrong and will gladly eat crow if that happens as I'm playing Infinite on my Series X.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 IMAHAPYHIPPO
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:

@SolidGame_basic: That's a strange thing to say when you have a series like God of War.

If you look at Sony's first party content, they have done a good job of letting a franchise go once it's run its course. That doesn't mean they can't or won't bring it back. They brought in inFAMOUS, while letting go of Sly Cooper. Jak & Daxter went, and we got Uncharted and Last of Us. Uncharted is now retired for now. LittleBigPlanet skipped a gen. Killzone skipped a gen. Resistance has been gone for a while. God of War was in limbo after God of War Ascension. Cory Barlog had to convince Sony to give it another shot with the reboot. Days Gone and Horizon are new IPs. Dreams is a successor to LBP. So yea, I would say Sony keeps things fresh. MS tried to introduce new franchises and mostly failed. Maybe Sea of Thieves was the most successful. Yet whenever bring up Microsoft's first party, they just talk about the big three (Halo, Gears, and Forza).

There have been more Ratchet and Clank games than Halo, Gears and Forza. There are more God of War games than Halo and Gears. Gears of War and Uncharted series are now on par.

So, lets not do the pretend game. 😎

The difference, however, is that Sony allows its studios to take the proper time to actually develop their games. Halo would be much better off if MS allowed 343 the proper time to make it as good as possible.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pedro

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

The difference, however, is that Sony allows its studios to take the proper time to actually develop their games. Halo would be much better off if MS allowed 343 the proper time to make it as good as possible.

I going to take a shot in the dark here and say that no one on this board knows how much time is allocated for the development of Halo and whether or not MS is giving the 343 the proper amount of time. If you are basing it off Halo 5 campaign sucking, then you are making the assumption that if a game is not good its because they didn't have enough time versus the most likely scenario that the game just sucked.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5250 Posts

Only for die hard Halo fans.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

As far as Xbox goes, possibly. If all Xbox games are available on PC, why get an Xbox? Xbox is already getting spanked this gen.

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@SolidGame_basic: I think there is a large collection of gamers who would be more than thrilled so see Halo: Infinite knock it out of the park and once again become the FPS series that all other FPS games are compared to.

Sadly, however, I have very little faith in 343 or MS's support of 343 to believe that's going to happen. I would love to be wrong and will gladly eat crow if that happens as I'm playing Infinite on my Series X.

I'm all for games being successful. Anyone wishing a game flops is just being a fanboy lol. I'm keeping my expectations low for Infinitre. They did a similar thing with Gears. They barely showed anything until the last moment. If you have something really good, why not show it already?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

As far as Xbox goes, possibly. If all Xbox games are available on PC, why get an Xbox? Xbox is already getting spanked this gen.

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I'm all for games being successful. Anyone wishing a game flops is just being a fanboy lol. I'm keeping my expectations low for Infinitre. They did a similar thing with Gears. They barely showed anything until the last moment. If you have something really good, why not show it already?

The one thing I find in encouraging is the statement from 343 a year or two ago acknowledging that they know Halo fans have felt let down by their efforts, starting with Halo 4, then the years-long technical issues of the Master Chief Collection, and then the complete upheaval of Halo 5's narrative.

Halo: Infinite being something of a spiritual reboot has me cautiously optimistic. The guaranteed day one release day when we haven't seen gameplay plus some of the things I've heard off the record about the state of 343, currently definitely nullifies quite a bit of that optimism, however.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 5396 Posts

@gifford38: lol...lou2 and god of war 4 are not new IP's. Both of them were on ps3.

Theres been plenty of new IP's for xbox this gen; sea of Thieves, Ori, Cuphead, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Bleeding edge, state of decay and recore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

That was not what I was asking, I asked are saying most gamers prefer to game on PC rather than consoles? Its a very simple question.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DaVillain-  Online
Member since 2014 • 42525 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

What Antwan3K is saying is MS is trying to be the Netflix of games with its Game Pass but some of us saw this coming and why do you think MS is still supporting Xbox One even though Series X is coming? MS is trying to take over software before Sony figures that out. MS makes more on through XBL/Game Pass and supporting PC is the right step in the direction...even MS recognize supporting Steam is a bonus.

Of course, selling hardware is the goal for Series X but Game Pass is the point.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 joebones5000
Member since 2016 • 3063 Posts

No. Halo got boring, plus it's going to be on PC.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4089 Posts

The only way would be if they put exclusive content on next gen but that probably wont happen. I think Halo is becoming a harder sell.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

That was not what I was asking, I asked are saying most gamers prefer to game on PC rather than consoles? Its a very simple question.

I don't know what people will choose next gen, but what I can say is, MS has given people less of a reason to get an Xbox, now that they are launching games on PC. GamePass is an Xbox centric app. If I'm a prospective Xbox buyer, I may say screw it, going to go PC. I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on a Xbox system when I can play the games on PC. Meanwhile, I can use that console money on PS5 and Switch 😎 Sure, there will be people who want console. But there are people right now who want console, and guess what? Most are choosing Sony and Nintendo. The Xbox Series X is a nice piece of hardware, but I doubt it will be cheap. I mean, damn, if you give it to me for $400, I may think about it. But do we really think that will happen?

@davillain- said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

What Antwan3K is saying is MS is trying to be the Netflix of games with its Game Pass but some of us saw this coming and why do you think MS is still supporting Xbox One even though Series X is coming? MS is trying to take over software before Sony figures that out. MS makes more on through XBL/Game Pass and supporting PC is the right step in the direction...even MS recognize supporting Steam is a bonus.

Of course, selling hardware is the goal for Series X but Game Pass is the point.

I think it's good that MS is doing the things you mentioned. I don't think GamePass in its current state will win the console war for MS. But it is a nice service for those who want it. I think in the end, console war will be determined by quality of library.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

I don't know what people will choose next gen

That is all that was being asked. 😎

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

I will say that the fact that they still haven’t shown any gameplay for it and it’s suppose to release in 4-5 months doesn’t bode well. I mean they did the same thing with gears 5 and while it wasn’t a terrible game I doubt anyone would call it a system seller...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pedro

@djoffer123 said:

I will say that the fact that they still haven’t shown any gameplay for it and it’s suppose to release in 4-5 months doesn’t bode well. I mean they did the same thing with gears 5 and while it wasn’t a terrible game I doubt anyone would call it a system seller...

But its a Halo game. Its going to look and play like a Halo game. The need to show gameplay is lower than the need to show gameplay for a unknown IP. For instance Everwild needs to show gameplay sooner rather than later. In the overall scope of things, you can show what an already known IP gameplay mere weeks prior to release. The only downside is that there isn't much room for hype and hype is all that is going to be achieved prior to the release of any game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Pedro said:
@djoffer123 said:

But its a Halo game. Its going to look and play like a Halo game. The need to show gameplay is lower than the need to show gameplay for a unknown IP. For instance Everwild needs to show gameplay sooner rather than later. In the overall scope of things, you can show what an already known IP gameplay mere weeks prior to release. The only downside is that there isn't much room for hype and hype is all that is going to be achieved prior to the release of any game.

Yea but if it's such a great game, why aren't they showing it off?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yea but if it's such a great game, why aren't they showing it off?

You said that when its going to be shown off in a couple of weeks. You would have a point if there was no planned event for the revealing of the gameplay but that is not the case.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3721 Posts

as a giant Halo fan i’m going to say no. i’ll be buying for halo but i think most casual fans have moved on from the halo franchise.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3721 Posts

@Random_Matt: why would you end a good game for no reason? i mean maybe they could end the story and just release multiplayer. i wouldn’t mind that. but i wouldn’t want to not play halo multiplayer just because the story is over.

xbox is a video game console not an e reader

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

User Lists: -4

#84 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

The market's been so saturated with shooters this gen. Halo doesn't really have the same unique status that it used to have. I think the only people who would buy an XSX to play Infinite are hardcore fans. But who knows, maybe 343 will make it a mega hit. What say you, SW? Do you think Halo Infinite will get people interested in buying an Xbox Series X?

If the release of the Masterchief Collection on PC has shown us anything, it's that there is a big demand for Halo still. Now will people buy 500 bucks of hardware on the promise of a single game? That is more difficult to predict.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that the sales of the games on PC are enough to warrant porting Guardians and Infinite to that platform.

This way, i don't have to buy the new Xbox. Win win!

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lucidique said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

The market's been so saturated with shooters this gen. Halo doesn't really have the same unique status that it used to have. I think the only people who would buy an XSX to play Infinite are hardcore fans. But who knows, maybe 343 will make it a mega hit. What say you, SW? Do you think Halo Infinite will get people interested in buying an Xbox Series X?

If the release of the Masterchief Collection on PC has shown us anything, it's that there is a big demand for Halo still. Now will people buy 500 bucks of hardware on the promise of a single game? That is more difficult to predict.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that the sales of the games on PC are enough to warrant porting Guardians and Infinite to that platform.

I think they already announced Infinite will come out on PC. Could be wrong, though.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lucidique

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@lucidique said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I think they already announced Infinite will come out on PC. Could be wrong, though.

According to pcgamer, it seems you are right on the money.

This is good news. I'm just hoping that more attention and care is put on the actual campaign, because Guardians was a bit of a letdown in that regard.

The multiplayer was fun tough, no complains there.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lucidique: Yeah, the Guardians campaign was quite bad. It actually started with Halo 4, but 343 still had enough of the Bungie shadow looming overhead that it mostly went unnoticed.

I'm hoping they actually hired decent narrative designers that actually understand Halo, this time around. But I don't have high hopes. I've said this at least once, in this thread: I really hope I'm wrong.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lucidique

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lucidique: Yeah, the Guardians campaign was quite bad. It actually started with Halo 4, but 343 still had enough of the Bungie shadow looming overhead that it mostly went unnoticed.

That's kind of the thing : Expectations are so high, it must be nerve-wracking to work over there.

I tough Halo 4 was good, although that does not seem to be the general consensus.

I felt they did a good job with the remasters, but from what i gather, they outsourced the work to Saber Interactive.

Seems Infinite has got a longer development cycle, so i'm hoping some good will come out of it.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lucidique: Yeah, I think you're right on the money, there. But I also think that's just kind of the deal. Halo is MS's flagship franchise, and it inevitably is going to get judged differently because of it. A new Halo can't get away with just being good. It has to set the bar, partly because it's MS's biggest series, but also because the first few games were so unbelievably revolutionary that it's now what's expected of a new entry, and anything short of that simply doesn't cut it.

It's not completely fair to the employees working on it, but they should also understand the magnitude of what they're working on.

marleygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 marleygamer
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

halo = illest nam fo onlin shooter

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lucidique

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lucidique: Yeah, I think you're right on the money, there. But I also think that's just kind of the deal. Halo is MS's flagship franchise, and it inevitably is going to get judged differently because of it. A new Halo can't get away with just being good. It has to set the bar, partly because it's MS's biggest series, but also because the first few games were so unbelievably revolutionary that it's now what's expected of a new entry, and anything short of that simply doesn't cut it.

It's not completely fair to the employees working on it, but they should also understand the magnitude of what they're working on.

Makes sense, and i have to agree completely.

I just don't really see where they can take the game in term of scope. Would they be looking to bring it into an open-world setting? Maybe something closer to destiny, where some sort of hub-city would allow you to pair up with other, random players to coop and compete?

What if they decide to bring in loot? They certainly tried to do so in Guardians multiplayer.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 82 Posts

No, end of topic glade i could help

marleygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 marleygamer
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

kan i drop di$ her

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#94 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 856 Posts

Yes, specially if the Series S sells out first.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#95 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13404 Posts

It’ll get people invested in Xbox whether it’s on the one or the series s/x. The series x will be sold by the hardware.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#96 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9256 Posts

For me, no. Halo isn't much of a selling point for me anymore. Maybe seeing more of Infinite will change my mind, but I'm not hopeful. Microsoft will need something else to draw me in.