Do you think Halo Infinite will get people interested in buying an Xbox Series X?

• 95 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45055 Posts

The market's been so saturated with shooters this gen. Halo doesn't really have the same unique status that it used to have. I think the only people who would buy an XSX to play Infinite are hardcore fans. But who knows, maybe 343 will make it a mega hit. What say you, SW? Do you think Halo Infinite will get people interested in buying an Xbox Series X?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

I think that this question is better suited for when they actually show the game. Anything before is just going to be fanboy speculation.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

If 343i can return to Bungie's roots, it may well. Halo 5 MP was pretty on-point, but the SP was garbage. Given the teaser, it could be interesting. The Banished is an interesting way to go, and could turn up as enemy or ally, and could even be both.

As it stands, i'm very interested, but I won't drop my anchor in Halo 1-3/ODST territory.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Halo fans, sure.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

1. Market no longer oversaturated with FPS. Movie games and open world take thier place.

2. Its on PC and first Halo game to be simultaneous release rather than just a port.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Of course it will. Now how many remains to be seen.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

It needs to offer something special. If its just another Halo 3-like (which would be near impossible for 343i to achieve) quality, i don't see it being as big of a deal as it once was. This game needs more than multiplayer game modes.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Only Halo fans really care about Halo and it's on PC so no

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15897 Posts

Its on xbox one and PC too right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

I don't see how and Halo: Infinite is also coming to Xbox One as well.

(Also to PC but that's beside the point)

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Its going to be playable on Xbox one and PC so i doubt it.

Not sure how MS expects to sell units if all their games will be playable on XB1 for the next two years and all their games are playable on PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@FinalFighters said:

Its going to be playable on Xbox one and PC so i doubt it.

Not sure how MS expects to sell units if all their games will be playable on XB1 for the next two years and all their games are playable on PC.

Its will have to sell itself on being a much superior experience and it will especially for anyone coming from the original Xbox One.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: If rumors are true, a lot of people are gonna want a XSX. Because the games they are rumored to announce are some of the biggest IP’s in history.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No and I don't think it's meant to either. I think MS are trying to win with the eco system overall. I think MS will only sell 50mil in the next gen overall. More studios and more games is how they will win.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17792 Posts

No. I will play it on PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@BassMan said:

Your comments have become so stale that you shouldn't even bother typing anything because you are going to say the same thing in almost every thread.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

Your comments have become so stale that you shouldn't even bother typing anything because you are going to say the same thing in almost every thread.

I answered truthfully. It will always be the same answer for any game that is available on PC. Why would I buy a console that is worse than PC and has no exclusives that are not on PC?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@BassMan: So you agree with me. 😎

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BassMan
@Pedro said:

@BassMan: So you agree with me. 😎

I will have the same answers and opinions for the same topics. Read one of my posts in a thread of a different topic and you will see they are not all the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

Why do you think I call him bassbot lol, with bassbot its a case of...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily: I see you are repeating the same gif again when commenting on repeating. The hypocrisy.... LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

I’m not into PC gaming and I want to have a more superior experience then what the Xbox One version will offer so it’s already sold me on the Xbox Series X and that version of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:

@i_p_daily: I see you are repeating the same gif again when commenting on repeating. The hypocrisy.... LOL

No just pointing out your repetition with a gif, its called the bassbot gif so it has to be used.

You don't have to repeat the same dialogue all the time...oh wait my bad you do as its part of your programming lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

No just pointing out your repetition with a gif, its called the bassbot gif so it has to be used.

You don't have to repeat the same dialogue all the time...oh wait my bad you do as its part of your programming lol.

Many people in SW are not very smart. So, I have to train them like a dog... through repetition. hehe :)

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

How many Halo games are there going to be? The story around it has to finish eventually right?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#27 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

XSX will offer more then Halo games so I would buy the new Xbox anyhow. I will be buying the PS5 as well,no one game will make me buy a $400 console for 1 type of game.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@Random_Matt:

Heard that about gears of war and hey presto gears 5 delivered.

But your right There has to be more than master chief/cortina storyline..time to end it and branch out

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BassMan

@bluestars said:

@Random_Matt:

But your right There has to be more than master chief/cortina storyline..time to end it and branch out

Well, Cortana story line went to shit in Halo 5 and Agent Locke sucked. So, we only want different if it is going to be good like in Halo Reach.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

Yes, it will sell billions and billions and billions. :P

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 npiet1

@BassMan said:
@bluestars said:

@Random_Matt:

Well, Cortana story line went to shit in Halo 5 and Agent Locke sucked. So, we only want different if it is going to be good like in Halo Reach.

I don't mind Locke, I just don't think he's suited for the main story. He'd be fine if he had is own spin-off like morally gray black ops missions or something. But 4/5 are shit especially compared to the rest.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I think the better question is why am I gonna risk buying $400 + game for a next gen system if I can just play it for a month for $1 (or $10 with online multiplayer) on a PC I already have?

Until they release at least a minimum of 5 good exclusive games on their platform, then I'll consider it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BassMan

@npiet1: Halo 4 Campaign is good. I enjoyed it on 360 and in MCC. That is why I was surprised 343 fucked up Halo 5 so bad. They proved themselves capable with Halo 4. So, I expect them to bounce back with Halo Infinite.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic

@Random_Matt said:

How many Halo games are there going to be? The story around it has to finish eventually right?

lol Microsoft doesn't understand the concept of concluding a series.

@SecretPolice said:

Billions of pounds or dollars?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic: That's a strange thing to say when you have a series like God of War.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Random_Matt said:

lol Microsoft doesn't understand the concept of concluding a series.

@SecretPolice said:

Billions of pounds or dollars?

Meant sales, coming to IOS/Android I've heard.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Hard to say without seeing gameplay.

What should have people excited about XSX is the fact that it packs significantly more power than the PS5 so it will run every multiplat better.

It's fully backwards compatible so your library will carry over making the transition from console to console a seamless one. We still don't know how many PS4 games will be backwards compatible because Sony is refusing to commit to more than 100 which is just sad.

Accessories are also forwards compatible so you don't have to worry about your $200 headset becoming useless. I don't think Sony has confirmed if PS4 accessories are compatible with PS5.

And of course there's gamepass so you can play every first party exclusive on day 1 for pennies on the dollar. This is especially nice after dropping $500 on a new console. Expect Sony to charge a full $60 for that glorified Spider-Man expansion pack.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 npiet1

@BassMan: 100% agree, not sure why but I think this one will be great, probably because it's a soft reboot.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:

@SolidGame_basic: That's a strange thing to say when you have a series like God of War.

If you look at Sony's first party content, they have done a good job of letting a franchise go once it's run its course. That doesn't mean they can't or won't bring it back. They brought in inFAMOUS, while letting go of Sly Cooper. Jak & Daxter went, and we got Uncharted and Last of Us. Uncharted is now retired for now. LittleBigPlanet skipped a gen. Killzone skipped a gen. Resistance has been gone for a while. God of War was in limbo after God of War Ascension. Cory Barlog had to convince Sony to give it another shot with the reboot. Days Gone and Horizon are new IPs. Dreams is a successor to LBP. So yea, I would say Sony keeps things fresh. MS tried to introduce new franchises and mostly failed. Maybe Sea of Thieves was the most successful. Yet whenever bring up Microsoft's first party, they just talk about the big three (Halo, Gears, and Forza).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:

If you look at Sony's first party content, they have done a good job of letting a franchise go once it's run its course. That doesn't mean they can't or won't bring it back. They brought in inFAMOUS, while letting go of Sly Cooper. Jak & Daxter went, and we got Uncharted and Last of Us. Uncharted is now retired for now. LittleBigPlanet skipped a gen. Killzone skipped a gen. Resistance has been gone for a while. God of War was in limbo after God of War Ascension. Cory Barlog had to convince Sony to give it another shot with the reboot. Days Gone and Horizon are new IPs. Dreams is a successor to LBP. So yea, I would say Sony keeps things fresh. MS tried to introduce new franchises and mostly failed. Maybe Sea of Thieves was the most successful. Yet whenever bring up Microsoft's first party, they just talk about the big three (Halo, Gears, and Forza).

There have been more Ratchet and Clank games than Halo, Gears and Forza. There are more God of War games than Halo and Gears. Gears of War and Uncharted series are now on par.

So, lets not do the pretend game. 😎

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

No, because apart from MS everyone got the memo that Halo is irrelevant in the post CoD era.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@BassMan:

I have told lemmings that,but they dont want to admit it,hell having all games on xbox one make it even worse,you dont need a series X for Halo,it will be on PC,xbox one and series X,so there isnt really an insentive to get a series X for that game.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I would argue the power differential and price will be MS's ace in the hole. Halo feels tired as a marketing tool. Even if the game itself is adequately refreshed by a soft reboot, I think its system seller power is drastically faded.

Of course, for many people the power and price angle doesn't matter - but for many it does. So it won't win over fans of Sony exclusives, or PC gamers for whom the benefits are moot, but it will win over people who prefer to game on consoles and primarily care about multiplats (which, realistically us the vast majority of games now). This isn't a "casual" gamer necessarily, just... people who like to consume lots of games and appreciate the value proposition associated.

Meanwhile I think Sony trying to defensively spin PS5 pricing as being the platform about value is a joke - I see no indication of that holding water over the XSX (at least until we truly know the prices). Rather, the PS5 "value" is squarely where it's always been: if you like the exclusives and console exclusives. It plays the multiplats, like an XSX, but also has those. Those are its bug guns - which likewise only matter to the people who appreciate them

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@pc_rocks: We're in the post COD era? COD is one of the best selling and most played games out right now.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:

There have been more Ratchet and Clank games than Halo, Gears and Forza. There are more God of War games than Halo and Gears. Gears of War and Uncharted series are now on par.

So, lets not do the pretend game. 😎

lol, going to nitpick now? The generous consensus about Xbox First Party has been that it's the same thing. Don't believe me? Ask others!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

lol, going to nitpick now? The generous consensus about Xbox First Party has been that it's the same thing. Don't believe me? Ask others!

Nitpick? I pointed out the facts and because the facts point to Sony doing the same you attempted to justify why its OK for Sony which directly makes your initial statement a double standard. That is all. 😎

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Nitpick? I pointed out the facts and because the facts point to Sony doing the same you attempted to justify why its OK for Sony which directly makes your initial statement a double standard. That is all. 😎

lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#48 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Halo has an enormous potential. But they need to pour a ton of money into Infinite is they really want it to be a catalyst for the brand.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I think it will appeal to Halo fans that can't afford a gaming PC but not much more. I agree that shooters are a dime a dozen now. Back in the OG xbox days Halo was a staple shooter. Now, Halo has to compete with a much bigger market with Rainbow Six, Overwatch, Battlefield, battlefront, Fortnite, Destiny, *inhales* Call of Duty, Apex, Valorant and whatever else is jumping in.

The new Halo will surely sell well, but if MCC and Halo 5 couldn't help X1 move enough consoles to catch up to PS4, I don't know if another new Halo will, especially if PC users have a way to get it without getting an Xbox.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BassMan

@tormentos said:

@BassMan:

I have told lemmings that,but they dont want to admit it,hell having all games on xbox one make it even worse,you dont need a series X for Halo,it will be on PC,xbox one and series X,so there isnt really an insentive to get a series X for that game.

It will be much better on XSX than on current-gen. For console only gamers, it is worthwhile to pick up an XSX for exclusives and superior versions of multiplats. XSX is a better console than PS5 in terms of hardware. I have no interest in buying one because of PC, but it will be good. I think PS5 will be pretty good too, but is lacking in processing power. ~10 Tflops is nothing special for a box that is supposed to last the next 5+ years.