Do you think GTA being delayed hurts the PS3??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blood_0f_Moon
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

I mean come on that would have been a big title on the PS3, even though I feel it would have been better on the 360....

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#2 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
If anything I'd say it benefits Sony slightly. Consider that there seems to be a fair amount of people who haven't bought a PS3/360 yet who are big GTA fans. Now which combo do you think the regular GTA fan will buy? PS3/GTA IV with less content for $560or $660? Or Xbox360/GTA IV which has more content and can be obtained $410 or $510? The choice is simple to me. This is a problem they'll still have to deal with anyway, but this coupled with Halo 3 would've really hurt Sony this holiday season. Now they "only" have to contend with a price drop and Halo 3. :|
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

I dont think it hurts it too much. GTA being multiplat would not be a real system seller. It would be omething to play on it, though.

As of now, the only CONFIRMED releases with DATES for the PS3 this year are Heavenly Sword, WarHawk, and Lair. **shudder**

Thats what hurts the PS3

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Greatly. Nintendo has Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Both of those games are going to sell big. 360 has Halo 3. That game is guarenteed to sell big. Sony has MGS4 and FFXIII. Oh wait those aren't out yet. PS3 is going to have good games for the holidays but these are Nintendo and Microsoft's biggest guns. Not having GTA whether exclusive or not hurts bad.
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gromit007

If anything I'd say it benefits Sony slightly. Consider that there seems to be a fair amount of people who haven't bought a PS3/360 yet who are big GTA fans. Now which combo do you think the regular GTA fan will buy? PS3/GTA IV with less content for $560or $660? Or Xbox360/GTA IV which has more content and can be obtained $410 or $510? The choice is simple to me. This is a problem they'll still have to deal with anyway, but this coupled with Halo 3 would've really hurt Sony this holiday season. Now they "only" have to contend with a price drop and Halo 3. :|Gamer46

Ummm, you just said it would be of more value for the 360, how does that benefit Sony? Are you as drunk as me?

no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts
UT3, Haze, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Socom: Confrontation= /Thread.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

It benefits Sony cause it would have been Halo 3 + GTAIV on 360 against GTAIV on PS3.

But now it's MGSIV + GTAIV on PS3 against GTAIV for 360.

I'm disappointed it's been delayed in any case.

LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

It benefits Sony more actually.

In 2008, you have a much stronger lineup for the PS3. You have Littlebigplanet, LA Noire, FFXIII, FFVSXIII, MGS4, killzone 2, and alot more. What if someone wants Littlebigplanet+GTA4 over Fable 2+GTA4? Or something like that.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the-very-best

Not having GTA whether exclusive or not hurts bad.Blackbond

Why would consumers go with GTAIV on PS3 when 360 has Halo 3 + GTAIV at a cheaper price? Doesn't make sense.

Sony has a good lineup this Christmas with Uncharted, Haze, UT3, Heavenly Sword, Lair and Ratchet. But now it's unstoppable in 2008. It's got MGSIV + GTAIV + FFXIII + GT5 against 360's GTAIV.

UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UpSwing
Member since 2004 • 3384 Posts

It's Deffinatley going to hurt PS3 sales this Holiday season.

no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

It's Deffinatley going to hurt PS3 sales this Holiday season.

UpSwing

Will someone PLEASE explain to me how a multiplat game will help the PS3? The exclusives/timed exclusives I just mentioned will help the PS3 more than GTA4 ever will.

carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
no, Now the if you look at it this way, having MGS 4 and GTA IV and UT3 all in one year is not bad 2008 should be a better year for the cows unless sony manages to mess up again................like they always do.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the-very-best

Will someone PLEASE explain to me how a multiplat game will help the PS3? The exclusives/timed exclusives I just mentioned will help the PS3 more than GTA4 ever will.

no_submission

GTAIV is going to massively help the PS3 now that's it's been delayed. MGSIV + GTAIV + KZ + GT5 + FFXIII. All hype is Sony's next year.

But I agree with you for this Christmas. Solid lineup. PS3 will do well. I'm a bit surprised people are saying GTAIV being delayed will hurt Sony. Especially considering it would have been Halo 3 + GTAIV (cheaper price too) against GTAIV for PS3. But not anymore.

No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 No_Talent_Dev
Member since 2007 • 505 Posts

It don't matter

Halo 3 is going to sell a gazillion 360s and then next year those owners will buy GTAIV

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Not having GTA whether exclusive or not hurts bad.the-very-best

Why would consumers go with GTAIV on PS3 when 360 has Halo 3 + GTAIV at a cheaper price? Doesn't make sense.

Sony has a good lineup this Christmas with Uncharted, Haze, UT3, Heavenly Sword, Lair and Ratchet. But now it's unstoppable in 2008. It's got MGSIV + GTAIV + FFXIII + GT5 against 360's GTAIV.

GTA was the game that practically built the PS2's popularity early on. Multiplat or not a lot of Sony faithful love the game. They could be persuaded into getting the console sooner rather then later. You're still on the fence holding off on a PS3. Think about it.

Deyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Deyee
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

I don't think it hurts the PS3 at all. Sales were already rock bottom in the first place.

It definitely would've been great to have the game launch on time though. The only thing the delay hurts is the fans of the game.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-very-best

GTA was the game that practically built the PS2's popularity early on. Multiplat or not a lot of Sony faithful love the game. They could be persuaded into getting the console sooner rather then later. You're still on the fence holding off on a PS3. Think about it.

Blackbond

Let me get this straight. Are you actually saying that consumers would have bought a PS3 for GTAIV this October, even though 360 has a) GTAIV, b) Halo 3, and c) a cheaper price...does that sound logical?

Halo 3 is going to dominate hype this holiday season. PS3 would have been forgotten and GTAIV would have done nothing for it. Now it's coming in 2008 which is pretty much dominated by Sony now with KZ and MGSIV at the start, and GT5 and FFXIII at the end. GTAIV will do wonders for the PS3 now.

I'm glad to be honest. I think it'll sell as well, if not better, on the PS3 now. Hopefully R* considers a timed exclusive again.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

i posted something on this the other day,

i strongly feel that it helps ps3 in the long run, keeps peopleaway from the cheaper 360 version, ps3 could get another price cut, and people can have time to save money, by then ps3 could have a better price/value, also bluray will be dominating by then

No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 No_Talent_Dev
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

the-very-best

Let me get this straight. Are you actually saying that consumers would have bought a PS3 for GTAIV this October, even though 360 has a) GTAIV, b) Halo 3, and c) a cheaper price...does that sound logical?

Halo 3 is going to dominate hype this holiday season. PS3 would have been forgotten and GTAIV would have done nothing for it. Now it's coming in 2008 which is pretty much dominated by Sony now with KZ and MGSIV at the start, and GT5 and FFXIII at the end. GTAIV will do wonders for the PS3 now.

I'm glad to be honest. I think it'll sell as well, if not better, on the PS3 now. Hopefully R* considers a timed exclusive again.

Dream on, Nobody is going to buy a PS3 for KZ2 and GTA, and MGS4 doesn't have as huge a following as Halo 3 not to mention Final Fantasy has been junk since FF8

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gromit007

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Not having GTA whether exclusive or not hurts bad.the-very-best

You are one of the more respected posters on SW so I mean for this to be civil.

Given that GTAwas delayed after a solid release date, what does that portend for other games? Sony has only 3 games confirmed with dates for this year right now; HS, Warhawk, and Lair. At any minute, any of the others could get delayed. If I were a PS3 owner, or even a 360 owner, I would be wary of hyping holiday releases at this point.

MS will likely meet the dates for ME and Halo. I have faith in Nintendo for the big 3. Sony hasnt proved themselves for the PS3. It might be chaos in the coming months.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gromit007

i posted something on this the other day,

i strongly feel that it helps ps3 in the long run, keeps peopleaway from the cheaper 360 version, ps3 could get another price cut, and people can have time to save money, by then ps3 could have a better price/value, also bluray will be dominating by then

winner-ps3

GTA4 on the PS3 and 360 will be identical. If one is better, it will be the 360. GTA's engine (RAGE) was built upon 360 architecture.

And...upconverting DVD players FTW. At least for a while.

No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 No_Talent_Dev
^ you been reported for calling me fruity
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UpSwing
Member since 2004 • 3384 Posts
I love how the cows try to sping it like GTA IV being delayed is a "good thing" for the ps3, when it's the Exact opposite which is true LOL:lol:
donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
It probable hurts microsoft more than it hurts Sony.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
no....
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
it doesnt hurt PS3..it hurts me..cuz now i cant play it :(
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
No effect there are lots of other games to play this holiday season unlike last year.
E M I N 3 M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 E M I N 3 M
Member since 2002 • 2615 Posts

I don't know if it's going to "hurt" them, but i've been around other non gaming forums & people are talking. And a lot of blame is falling on Sony b/c it seems what Pachter said about PS3 being the "problem" is having the most impact. So yea..I guess the word is being spread, even to non-gamers.

MS and Nintendo have their big guns this holiday, but i don't see Sony having much. They have a few good titles, but nothing that is going to make someone go out & spend $600. And we all know the outcome of multiplats, games like Madden are going to sell 100 times better on X360. This is the kind of thing devs look at and determine where their loyalty is going to be...Money talks people!

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the-very-best

You are one of the more respected posters on SW so I mean for this to be civil.

Given that GTAwas delayed after a solid release date, what does that portend for other games? Sony has only 3 games confirmed with dates for this year right now; HS, Warhawk, and Lair. At any minute, any of the others could get delayed. If I were a PS3 owner, or even a 360 owner, I would be wary of hyping holiday releases at this point.

MS will likely meet the dates for ME and Halo. I have faith in Nintendo for the big 3. Sony hasnt proved themselves for the PS3. It might be chaos in the coming months.

gromit007

I kinda always thought (even before GTAIV got delayed) that Sony is gonna have trouble this Christmas, primarily because of Halo.

It'll probably come last in sales but I do think UT3, Haze, Uncharted, HS, Lair and Ratchet should sell a solid amount of PS3s.

Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blood_0f_Moon

Does the PS3 have any system selling title? People talk about 2008 being a big year for Sony. I wouldn't be surprised if Killzone 2 sucks, and MGS4 goes 360. If that happens then we go right back to square one this Holiday season.

Very few people will pay out $600 for a PS3 for the blue ray, When this Christmas Wal-Mart will be selling HD DVD drives for $150.

Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blood_0f_Moon

bump

Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
I don't understand why they made a countdown for the game. Why did it delay? Do you think the game is done for the 360 and their just tunning the game for the PS3 virsion so it can be identical?
mentzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mentzer
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts
If Sony plays it right and drops the price of the PS3 again when GTA IV (and possibly MGS 4 since they are scheduled to drop in the same quarter if I remember right), that would be a HUGE boost for the PS3.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

It don't matter

Halo 3 is going to sell a gazillion 360s and then next year those owners will buy GTAIV

No_Talent_Dev

he wins