Do you think developers should tone down the violence in video games?

• 51 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think developers should tone down the violence in video games? (103 votes)

Yes 16%
No 84%

I don't see video games as being any different than movies or books when it comes to violence. It's been a part of entertainment forever. So no, I don't see the need to tone down violence in games unless it's really excessive and extreme. What about you, SW? Do you think developers should tone down the violence in video games?

• 
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Just have a variety of games.

If there is a renewed interest in more diverse games (in thought, in politics, in characters, in cultures, in gameplay, in levels of violence) then that is fantastic.

Agreed 100%. Games are okay as they are, we just need to continue having variety and diversity in gaming. Would love to see more family-friendly games.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I think nobody, including the publisher, should tell a team of talented devs what to do. EA showed times and times again what happens to a studio if the publisher takes to much control over a dev team

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Dunno, i played ac odyssey and the spearing faces on sticks was kinda gross.

The older i get the less i want to see it.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Millions and millions of people play some really violent games. I believe that what you watch or entertain yourself with will affect you whether you want it to or not. How things affect someone differs from person to person. How people react to violence in video games depends on what they have been taught in regards to violence.

I would describe viewing violence similar to your body eating junk food. You know it’s bad for you but because it doesn’t have an immediate lethal effect on you you eat it anyways cause it satisfies you and you can mitigate the effects by exercising and taking in healthy foods a majority of the time. Now imagine someone eating junk food everyday and not exercising. Just a matter of time till lethal health problems arise.

I can toss some blame over to the junk food but really it’s the fault of the person eating it.