Do you think 343 is talented enough and capable of producing a legitimate Halo title?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Their feeble attempts have not measured up to the standards Bungie left. They have collectively taken a massive dump on the Halo lore/story by changing up and retconning plot points to make the games more accessible to a wider audience. They've essentially turned Halo into Power Rangers in the last game...they killed off a very big important antagonist like he was just another Covenant pawn(Jul 'Mdama). Really though, they destroyed franchise and Halo 6 will be the final nail in the coffin.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

I hope

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Nah Halo 5's multiplayer is soo good, I have every faith they'll nail the campaign in 6 as well

Thank god the franchise isn't with Bungie anymore, what are garbage studio they've become

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Halo 4 was good. I don't know WTF they were thinking with Halo 5.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

Halo never needed talent, it's a generic game that can be good with a high enough budget.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lifelessablaze
@rafaelmsoares said:

Halo never needed talent, it's a generic game that can be good with a high enough budget.

What's generic about it?

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

What's generic about it?

Storyline, gameplay, marketing, etc.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Yeah I think that they can. Personally I really enjoyed 4 and 5. The only disappointment that I had with Halo 5 was that I wanted to play as the Master Chief more. I have faith that Halo 6 will be a great game.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If they are, they better show it with Halo 6s campaign because the campaign in 5 was terribad.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lifelessablaze
@rafaelmsoares said:
@lifelessablaze said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

What's generic about it?

Storyline, gameplay, marketing, etc.

Oh so you have nothing...okay. If there is one thing that's not generic it was the amazing ads and trailers for these games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Gunplay is already above the first Halos, they just have to hire a good game director.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@lifelessablaze:

Then what would you call Halo 4 and 5? Unofficial? Yeah the story is brain dead and they're basically farting out Spartan IV's but it's still Halo. Though I like to think of it like an alternate dimension. Somewhere out there, the Chief is still in cryo sleep on board the wrecked Forward Unto Dawn.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Microsoft just have to let the developers create and if they fail they fail.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nepu7supastar7

@phbz:

And a better art designer(s). The new Spartan armor designs are lame as ****!

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

343 isn't capable of making a good campaign. Terrible writing and absolutely no character development.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#16 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

In terms of MP, they already have with Halo 5. The only problem is they kind of focused more on the "e-sports" aspect, rather than an enjoyable MP experience for everyone. 343 also did a great job in constantly adding new content to the MP side. In terms of the campaign, I don't have a solid comment. I don't play Halo for the campaigns as I always felt it was a generic super soldier story. Obviously, there are others that are more dug into the lore, so they can take a shot at that.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@lifelessablaze: Guardians was better than Halo 3, so yeah...

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Creepywelps

@StormyJoe: Satire or stupid?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

From a campaign perspective, they already have with Halo 4. And for MP, they have with Halo 5. So they have it in them.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nope.

Meh story and online with microtransactions.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lifelessablaze
@StormyJoe said:

@lifelessablaze: Guardians was better than Halo 3, so yeah...

Good joke my friend. Halo 3 was the complete package. Great campaign with a satisfying ending + the most balanced and fun MP

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nepu7supastar7

@Ant_17:

Every modern mp game has microtransactions.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ant_17
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Ant_17:

Every modern mp game has microtransactions.

So?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

343 have done an ok job but need to get writers to get the campaign on par with 3 which was the best in my opinion.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nepu7supastar7

@Ant_17:

So you can't hold them responsible for something everyone does. That's like punishing you for eating.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nepu7supastar7

@lifelessablaze:

Ehhh....Halo 3 had a way better story for obvious reasons but it was basically Halo 2's gameplay repackaged. Definitely a great ending to the trilogy but far from being the best Halo.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

if you read up on the how the team that worked on halo 4 was assembled and how they approached development it's quite an interesting / odd tale.

343 employed a ton of veteran developers, so you'd imagine they have the pedigree to create a great game.

but then you hear that many of them were big critics of halo during the interview stages (they didn't know what game they were interviewing to work on) and many were hired under the assumption that people who were critical of the game could help improve it.

then, surprisingly, they had a ton of disagreements throughout development over what a halo game should "feel" like, got close to the deadline and had to rush the game out the door.

i played halo 4, didn't enjoy it, stumbled upon an article about the development and suddenly it all made sense. i have guardians but haven't got round to playing it yet after reading the lukewarm reaction to the sp. i always end up gravitating towards something from the master chief collection whenever i want a fix of halo.

tl;dr: third time should be the charm, but if they botch 6 it's probably game over

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ant_17
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Ant_17:

So you can't hold them responsible for something everyone does. That's like punishing you for eating.

I can judge them however i like, just like how MS judged Platinum for Scalebound or Lionheart for Fable.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Didn't like Loche and the other Spartans in 5 but that's about it, the rest of the game is great. Bungie is a garbage tear developer now, far far worse than 343i.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Most definitely they have the talent what they are lacking is freaking direction because as of now Halo has lost its way. Reboot the bastard because the current storyline is trash.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Creepywelps

ITT proof Lems will eat shit and like it. Even dare to say 4 or Guardian's is better than the original trilogy... Sad.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

"Feeble attempts" LMAO ? what ridiculousness. The sp of 4 was excellent and the MP of 5 holds It's own with any mp this gen. Seems obvious that they have what it takes they just haven't put it all together as of yet.

If we're going to go by scores like this forum loves to, halo 5 is an 84/100 on meta and 4 is an 87/100. Hardly what any rational person would call "Feeble attempts".

WTF are u even talking about? The biggest knock on 5 is it closes out new players by bringing so much lore from the extended universe. Huge fans like myself that enjoy reading the books/comics have no problem but new or casual fans are lost. They didn't make the game more accessible by bringing deep lore from Greg Bears Forerunner trilogy in like the Logic plague. Come on at least have an idea what you're on about your if you want to attempt this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@Ant_17: I can judge them however i like, just like how MS judged Platinum for Scalebound or Lionheart for Fable"

LOL. So its basically just a revenge thing for you. Cool.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro
@cainetao11 said:

"Feeble attempts" LMAO ? what ridiculousness. The sp of 4 was excellent and the MP of 5 holds It's own with any mp this gen. Seems obvious that they have what it takes they just haven't put it all together as of yet.

If we're going to go by scores like this forum loves to, halo 5 is an 84/100 on meta and 4 is an 87/100. Hardly what any rational person would call "Feeble attempts".

WTF are u even talking about? The biggest knock on 5 is it closes out new players by bringing so much lore from the extended universe. Huge fans like myself that enjoy reading the books/comics have no problem but new or casual fans are lost. They didn't make the game more accessible by bringing deep lore from Greg Bears Forerunner trilogy in like the Logic plague. Come on at least have an idea what you're on about your if you want to attempt this.

Deep lore is the excuse for Halo 5 single player campaign?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ant_17
@cainetao11 said:

@Ant_17: I can judge them however i like, just like how MS judged Platinum for Scalebound or Lionheart for Fable"

LOL. So its basically just a revenge thing for you. Cool.

Yes.

It was all fun trolling until a cool game got dropped. They could have dropped Crackdown instead of Scalebound.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro
@Ant_17 said:

Yes.

It was all fun trolling until a cool game got dropped. They could have dropped Crackdown instead of Scalebound.

Why? Do you think it would have made a difference?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cainetao11

@Pedro: Deep lore is the excuse for Halo 5 single player campaign?"

? It's why it is the opposite of the OPs claim that they opened it up to a wider audience. No, people complaints were that they felt closed out of what was going on with Cortana, the warden, overcoming rampantsy etc. It's pretty obvious to anyone that reads the extended media what is being brought in. I answered a statement from the OP. I didn't quantify the entire campaign. It has problems we all know it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro
@cainetao11 said:

@Pedro: Deep lore is the excuse for Halo 5 single player campaign?"

? It's why it is the opposite of the OPs claim that they opened it up to a wider audience. No, people complaints were that they felt closed out of what was going on with Cortana, the warden, overcoming rampantsy etc. It's pretty obvious to anyone that reads the extended media what is being brought in. I answered a statement from the OP. I didn't quantify the entire campaign. It has problems we all know it.

Understood.

Halo lost its "magic" the moment it attempted to explain everything. Part of what made the original interesting storywise within the game was the mystery. Once the mystery is revealed their is nothing left. Writers need to learn to NEVER touch the mystique of your story.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17: I LOL everytime with this crap. When they games sp was revealed at gamescom you cows shit on it. When the mp was shown a year later at E3 you guys shit on it. When it got canned , "I WOULDA BOUGHT TEH X1 FOR THAT!!!!"

Poor baby, you're not the head of decisions at Xbox. Fvckin game was in 3 plus years development and the engine chugged still and Platinum were to blame as well. Get over it. What a soaking pair of panties.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cainetao11

@Pedro: Agreed somewhat. Like Star wars trying to explain the force with midiclorians LOL ?. Just let the force be the force, not bugs in the blood that carry it.

The Forerunner trilogy was ok but not needed at all.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ant_17
@cainetao11 said:

@Ant_17: I LOL everytime with this crap. When they games sp was revealed at gamescom you cows shit on it. When the mp was shown a year later at E3 you guys shit on it. When it got canned , "I WOULDA BOUGHT TEH X1 FOR THAT!!!!"

Poor baby, you're not the head of decisions at Xbox. Fvckin game was in 3 plus years development and the engine chugged still and Platinum were to blame as well. Get over it. What a soaking pair of panties.

My only gripe was the main character design.

And how long it has been since Flopdown 3 was announced? Going on 4 years? And Platinum did fine with Nier, so maybe it was the loser MS devs "helping" Platinum that ruined the game.

And Flopdown was always a trash series that Infamous destroyed. Hell, Sunset Overdrive destroyed it also.

But that's the Bone, keep what was good in the past relevent and hide the fact the Bone failed to do anythig special for 4 years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

My only gripe was the main character design.

And how long it has been since Flopdown 3 was announced? Going on 4 years? And Platinum did fine with Nier, so maybe it was the loser MS devs "helping" Platinum that ruined the game.

And Flopdown was always a trash series that Infamous destroyed. Hell, Sunset Overdrive destroyed it also.

But that's the Bone, keep what was good in the past relevent and hide the fact the Bone failed to do anythig special for 4 years.

Geesh, is it really hard to put the actually name of the game in your response?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17: LOL and you think the answer then, is to create a public shit storm by cancelling ANOTHER GAME? Yeah that would be great fvclin PR dude.

You're all emotional now and we're seeing the truth. The scalebound thing is old news and some people hide behind like they have a legitimate beef with Xbox and integrity. You don't like the brand. You don't like Crackdown so that means millions of fans that loved the first and hope the third will recapture the hectic fun should just be ignored. Right, that makes complete sense.

I don't care for fighting games and racers much. No need to ever make another SF or Forza Horizon then. WHY DO THEY NOT LISTEN TO ONE PERSON?!!!!!!!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ant_17
@cainetao11 said:

@Ant_17: LOL and you think the answer then, is to create a public shit storm by cancelling ANOTHER GAME? Yeah that would be great fvclin PR dude.

You're all emotional now and we're seeing the truth. The scalebound thing is old news and some people hide behind like they have a legitimate beef with Xbox and integrity. You don't like the brand. You don't like Crackdown so that means millions of fans that loved the first and hope the third will recapture the hectic fun should just be ignored. Right, that makes complete sense.

Just cancel crackdown and release Scalebound. That could help the Bone in Japan, at least to sell over 150 bones per week.

And don't worry, i got new stuff for MS.

If Horizon 4 isn't in Japan as the rumors told, then they will get even more hate from me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

@Ant_17: Aww poor baby. Nobody caters to you. Hahahha

Hate whoever you want dude. You like that negative energy in your life? Cool.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ant_17
@cainetao11 said:

@Ant_17: Aww poor baby. Nobody caters to you. Hahahha

Hate whoever you want dude. You like that negative energy in your life? Cool.

Not really, that's why i direct it at the Bone. Nothing of value is harmed.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Yeah, I think regarding Halo MCC the issues there were simply the complexity of doing numerous MP modes in a narrow window. Probably why things like the Uncharted Collection didn't bother or they'd be bogged down a while and it would cost the more to develop and they'd have to sell it for more, but MP is more essential to Halo than Uncharted. In Halo 5 my main criticism isn't technical, the game is solid for gameplay, my only issue with it is the fractured story. I blame Xbox leadership pushing for supplemental media they can monetize off of, like Halo books and movies and mini-series and shit, like probably what Quantum Break would have been except they realized they needed to include the movie with it or it would be a disaster, I believe their original plan was to try to sell that shit separate. Thankfully I think that direction is done, I think with Halo Wars 2 that 343 showed they can do story better.

No doubt though they will upset people with next game if rumors are true, I hear it might be some kind of spin-off Halo game and not a sequel to Halo 5, and if it doesn't include Master Chief then people are likely going to hate it for that alone, kind of like Reach and ODST which I myself really liked. The Halo universe is big, seems a waste to require each game follow Master Chief around, I'd be fine if they took the series in an entirely different direction that doesn't center around him.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, I think regarding Halo MCC the issues there were simply the complexity of doing numerous MP modes in a narrow window. Probably why things like the Uncharted Collection didn't bother or they'd be bogged down a while and it would cost the more to develop and they'd have to sell it for more, but MP is more essential to Halo than Uncharted. In Halo 5 my main criticism isn't technical, the game is solid for gameplay, my only issue with it is the fractured story. I blame Xbox leadership pushing for supplemental media they can monetize off of, like Halo books and movies and mini-series and shit, like probably what Quantum Break would have been except they realized they needed to include the movie with it or it would be a disaster, I believe their original plan was to try to sell that shit separate. Thankfully I think that direction is done, I think with Halo Wars 2 that 343 showed they can do story better.

No doubt though they will upset people with next game if rumors are true, I hear it might be some kind of spin-off Halo game and not a sequel to Halo 5, and if it doesn't include Master Chief then people are likely going to hate it for that alone, kind of like Reach and ODST which I myself really liked. The Halo universe is big, seems a waste to require each game follow Master Chief around, I'd be fine if they took the series in an entirely different direction that doesn't center around him.

I think that would be a good thing... give Master Chief a break for an entry, and do a Reach type spin-off. Like you said, Halo has such a big universe & there are so many other stories to be told.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lifelessablaze
@lamprey263 said:

You lost me at your Halo Wars 2 comment. They completely fumbled that storyline. We learned nothing about the Banished, nor the main villain. It made me fee like I wasted my time and the game was over before I even realized.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@RR360DD said:

Nah Halo 5's multiplayer is soo good, I have every faith they'll nail the campaign in 6 as well

Thank god the franchise isn't with Bungie anymore, what are garbage studio they've become

And what a garbage irrelevant franchise Halo has become without Bungie. It went from one of the top 5 biggest franchises in the industry to just another shooter as soon as 343 took over.