• 82 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Do you own a Switch? Is it a must buy? (118 votes)

I own a regular Switch. 69%
I own a Switch Lite. 3%
I own both! 2%
I don't own a Switch, but want one eventually. 4%
I might get one. 8%
I don't want one. 14%

I've had my Switch since day 1. Love the system. I think it's my favorite Nintendo console. I love the form factor and the library is the most diverse I can remember on a Nintendo system. It's not just a Nintendo system in my opinion. How about you, SW? Do you own a Switch? Want one?

• 
Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts

I just bought a Switch and so far my only game is Fire Emblem Three Houses. I'm planning to snag a few more during the BF sales.

I also own a PS4, an Xbox One, and a moderate gaming laptop. Obviously gaming is a priority for me. I've been wanting to play a few first party games on the Switch, so jumped. It's a fantastic device. But I'm not sure if the Switch is must own if you own any of those other consoles/PC. As much as I like it, I'd still probably pick my PS4 first. For most people I might suggest a combo of the two. PS4/Switch would be a nice duo.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 50 Posts

If portability is a big deal then I can see the appeal - but the ridiculous prices of games make it pretty unattractive to me. That said I'll probably get one used, next year for the handful of exclusives and it'll come in handy for trips.

I'd much rather have an Xbox handheld since my digital library has 100+ games + gamepass. Or one of those Win GPD devices and could get my steam library on the go.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#53  Edited By MclarenMaster18  Online
Member since 2014 • 2019 Posts

I owned the Switch since weeks after the release of Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

I would recommend buying it for those who love platformers, adventure, kart racers, fighters, RPGs, turn-based strategy, and puzzle games.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 678 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I just bought two Lites less than 24 hours ago! One for me and my wife and one for my daughter.

I managed to get about two hours of play last night only Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8.

Zelda BOTW is amazing, Mario Kart 8 is good, but I think the rest is either available on MS/PS or just meh for me. My daughter is obsessed with Overcooked.

Additionally, there is no Hong Kong eshop on the console, I had to buy Mario Kart on the Nintendo site and they emailed a 16 digit code to me. I set-up a UK store later with a new account.

So it's not a must-buy console for me. I would like Diablo 3, if I buy it, it will be the fourth time! (PS3, PS4, XB1 already)....

Overall it is quite nice, I wish Nintendo released the Pro version with a 1080p 6" screen and a faster processor and a sleeker metallic blackish design. I also think the right joystick is too low.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 678 Posts
@TheEroica said:

I own a switch... Been playing games since the atari 2600 and the switch is in my top 3 consoles of all time. It made gaming fun again for me.

By comparison, my ps4 is a doorstop.

I kid you not, I eventually used my PS3 as a doorstop!

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#56 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8485 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Yes, it compliments the PC perfectly.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1486 Posts

Only a must buy if you want to play Switch exclusive games. If you don’t care about those games, then there’s no reason to get one.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5586 Posts

I own a regular Switch.

Get one for Golf Story.

Oh and there's some other good games too.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1236 Posts

The switch sucks and isn’t worth buying. Filled with the worst version of ports and online is awful.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3619 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

@i_p_daily: What’s wrong with Fortnite? I play plenty of other games too

Its seen as a game for kids and they are the best at with a kid winning $3 million in the (give me a bucket) world championship recently.

Now you tell me how not owning a Switch makes me NOT a real gamer.

The Fortnite World Cup winner was 16, not 6. And there were many adults in their 20's in the top 100. Reaction time is best when you're younger, its science. Look at the "professionals" at any shooter. There are many Fortnite streamers in their late 20's early 30's as well. So stop with the "its a kids game" bullshit. There are probably more kids playing COD and GTA than Fortnite.

And you're not a real gamers cuz I said so

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#61 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 36135 Posts

The Switch if perfect for playing Nintendo games and the worse version of every other game at a higher price.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24830 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

Only a must buy if you want to play Switch exclusive games. If you don’t care about those games, then there’s no reason to get one.

Yeah, if you completely ignore the other main thing you get a Switch for.

@ajstyles: Filled with the worst version of ports and online is awful.
@Pedro: The Switch if perfect for playing Nintendo games and the worse version of every other game at a higher price.

Basic Nintendo stuff. Been like that for ages. In its' defense though, indie games are usually just as good on Switch as anywhere else, with a not so different price.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4374 Posts

Just picked one up last week with Mario can’t wait to try some other titles

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9876 Posts

My Switch collected dust between the time I finished Breath of the Wild and the time that Three Houses came out. Since then, it is basically the only console that I play. It has had an amazing year and the future looks bright.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 2790 Posts

The Switch is proving to be a system with a lovely library of games and a future that will only get better.

The Switch is not perfect. The online service is the biggest elephant in the room for why the Switch is not a perfect console. If only Nintendo used greater recourse to fixing online issues then the Switch will live up to all its offerings as a hybrid console.

Must have games I own:

Breath of the Wild (duh)

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Luigi's Mansion 3

Astral Chain

Celeste

Must have games I have not played but I recognize the love others are giving:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Super Mario Maker 2

Stardew Valley

Tetris 99

Hollow Knight

Octopath Traveler

Is the Switch a must-own for you?--Do you fancy the idea of playing console games on-the-go?--Do you like Nintendo games?--Can you embrace the Indie market? If you like all these things then the Switch will be the perfect console for you. You'll be surprised Diablo 3 runs as well on the system as it does.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 3984 Posts

I bought one at launch and play it way more than my PC or PS4.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9876 Posts

I think what is helping Nintendo more than anything is that the major 3rd party support it fails to get is almost all terrible now anyway. I would take just the 2019 Switch library over the combined 2017-2019 offerings from EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and even Rockstar/Take 2.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#68 Star67
Member since 2005 • 4506 Posts

I've got the regular one.

I like it, it's fun on the go but I find myself playing my PS4 way more.

I'm just not into hand helds.

The only games I played a ton are Mario Odyssey, Dead Cells, Mario Kart 8 and Astral Chain.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22626 Posts

I would 100% buy one if I could still use that exploit to get Android on it. But no, Nintendo, can't have people using their own property the way they want to.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 10753 Posts

Bought two of them, one for me and one for my gf.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36527 Posts

Be honest, Switch has mostly started collecting dust now. Mainly bought it for Zelda and Mario, but ended up using it mostly for SF: TFC (which was massively overpriced).

Basically now it's largely a port machine for old ass games as expensive contemporary prices, when, if you're sitting with a PC, you can just hop on Steam and get these titles for about 1/4 the price in some cases.

Certainly pick up the odd game now and then, but in the long run, it just sits in the corner with the PS4. 3DS gets more use, it has a better library and from a physical perspective is better as a handheld device.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 35388 Posts

Wouldn't hit a dog in da azz with one of those. Well, unless I can get one for what it's worth... Black Friday....

$49.99 BotW bunduru. :P

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1486 Posts

I think it’s a great for children and I don’t mean that as an insult. Nintendo is more family friendly than the other consoles and PC.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#74 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 2820 Posts

I own a regular Switch and when I do game, it is generally on the Switch. It is an amazing system to own.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 4574 Posts

I have a regular Switch. It's okay. It's a lot of fun when I play on it, but it's not often. My son uses it way more than me.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10462 Posts

IMO it's a must-have system and was easely the best non-PC system in the past 3 years

wolfpup7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 wolfpup7
Member since 2004 • 1333 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: must buy depends on two things. 1) do you need a portable? If so, then obviously yes, it’s a must buy. 2) do you like Nintendo exclusives (and some good third party stuff too), then ditto.

If you use it portably though, get a battery pack since the internal battery is sealed and proprietary.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8490 Posts

I've had one since launch. It's my primary. I would say it's a must buy if you are into Nintendo games, indies and JRPGs. If not then it's still a nice secondary system, especially if you travel a lot or take public transportation to work.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3687 Posts

I get alot of use out of mine, botw, Mario Kart, smash bros, Mario odyssey, bayonetta 2, Octopath, crash trilogy, genesis collection, pokemon, CIV6, messesnger, undertale, hollow knight, shovel knight, wargroove, cuphead.

I wont dare get Indies or arcade games on my PC or PS4, those are for the switch, I play it portable around the house 80% of the time, I enjoy not being tethered.

Awesome system

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 2689 Posts

switch is the only nintendo console i own since gameboy and i love it. havent played that much on consoles or pc because of it

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5478 Posts

The Switch has a lot of really great games. If you don't have one then yes I would recommend getting one. I play mine exclusively docked, but to each their own.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15164 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@SolidGame_basic: if anything switch is proof of concept that handheld can run BIGGER games! I really like the passive gaming lifestyle much more than feeling like I'm detached In my cave. I want the handheld option from here out.

Seems Microsoft is moving towards streaming which I guess we'll wait and see.

I think Sony was smart to wait and let the mobile dust settle before jumping back in too...

The Vita was "Sony being smart"? Sony didn't really wait, they failed with the Vita, blamed it on mobile games and called it a day. I loved my PSP but damn Sony will have to show true commitment if I'm ever buying another handheld from them.

But on topic; I have the regular Switch since launch and absolutely love it. Sometimes I end up playing exclusively on it.