Do you find Claire's new baby/child face attractive? (RE2)

• 76 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Ada and Leon look good. I think. Claire? I doubt she'd look like this in the eighties. Back then, Japan still designed shapely, angular women and wasn't obsessed with kawaii.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts

Both Leon and Claire look like they could be 15 years old. It's kinda weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Litchie said:

Both Leon and Claire look like they could be 15 years old.

Yeah, he's not that good either, now that I've had another look.

Huh... The model for Claire looks better than the character.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Kids having kids, eh?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

They all looks childish. either leon or clarie.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Yeah if any thread should be locked this is the one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@i_p_daily said:

Let's have another one about the most overrated console or the best game of 2018. Don't know why you're acting like the content here is so special.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Let's have another one about the most overrated console or the best game of 2018. Don't know why you're acting like the content here is so special.

You're asking people (mostly men) if they find children/babies faces attractive, that's fucked up. While the other threads you mentioned are shit they are SW material where this is not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
@i_p_daily said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:

You're asking people (mostly men) if they find children/babies faces attractive, that's fucked up. While the other threads you mentioned are shit they are SW material where this is not.

There are people with faces like this. It's not fucked up. I didn't ask anyone if they're into kids. You're the one making it perverted.

Also, if it's not widely discussed, then the devs are just gonna keep doing it. Some things are more important than your discomfort.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Litchie
@i_p_daily said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Wow. Be wrong and exaggerate more. "Is this baby-face on this adult person attractive" isn't the same as "do you find this baby attractive".

I find Ellen Page quite attractive, even though she looks really young. I find Leonardo Di Caprio attractive, and he's got kind of a baby-face as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Litchie: @ezekiel43: We'll have to agree to disagree, and with that i'm done in this thread.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Claire's face looks inconsistent. And she's like 19 or something in RE2. Bit younger than Leon.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Litchie
@i_p_daily said:

@Litchie: @ezekiel43: We'll have to agree to disagree, and with that i'm done in this thread.

So.. I'm fucked up for finding Ellen Page attractive?

Yeah, do leave. It's annoying when people shout before understanding things.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I don't find video games characters attractive at all. Leon is only ment to be 21 here and he looks like it. Clair is only 19 and she looks around 19. They are ment to look young because they are young. I'm not seeing the issue besides her not looking like she use to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@npiet1 said:

I don't find video games characters attractive at all. Leon is only ment to be 21 here and he looks like it. Clair is only 19 and she looks around 19. They are ment to look young because they are young. I'm not seeing the issue besides her not looking like she use to.

Not saying she doesn't look her age. It's just easier to phrase it like that. She does have young features that aren't too typical. It seems intentional. Most nineteen-year-olds look more mature and less bubbly.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@ezekiel43: maybe it's just Australia but that's what all of our 19 year olds look like. Girls here don't look like woman till their 24.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@Litchie said:

Both Leon and Claire look like they could be 15 years old. It's kinda weird.

Yup, character design of both is a bit weird.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I don't know about attractive but, I think her face looks alright. I like that they made them look young in this game because, this is before Leon and Claire were seasoned veteran survivors of zombie apocalypse's.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

She ugly. If Capcom do RE3 Remake i hope they dont mess up Jill...

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

She's attractive, just doesn't look the part.

Leon, Ada and Marvin are spot on.

Sherry is somewhere in the middle.

And police chief looks like Sidorovich from Stalker.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56035 Posts

@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Wow. Be wrong and exaggerate more. "Is this baby-face on this adult person attractive" isn't the same as "do you find this baby attractive".

I find Ellen Page quite attractive, even though she looks really young. I find Leonardo Di Caprio attractive, and he's got kind of a baby-face as well.

For once you guys, I'm gonna have to agree with I_P_Daily on this one. This is a stealth "Hot topic thread" and basically a hornet's nest for the mods in a sense.

As for the actual topic about why Claire looks like this now. I don't believe Claire ever looked hideous, that was a massive exaggeration by haters here. You or anyone could argue she looked off in some of the frames likely because it was frozen in an awkward facial position. That's more accurate. In the first trailer at E3, she definitely looks hideous. They did fix her face because people were complaining about it. She looks a lot better, but still not 100% and the baby face doesn't really bother me, she just looks normal cause the baby face is getting common in my area but that's clearly a 21 and up.

Claire right above doesn't look so baby face now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Both faces were alittle odd at first, but upon seeing further footage it looked good.

I think it's mainly from the (first) trailer the only shot we see of her is a slightly awkward up-shot.

The younger looks of both characters make sense and is a nice attention to detail. Remember, RE2 takes place about 20 years ago, but characters (now) are technically about 40'ish.

I do wish they were more consistent with face models though, i'm not sure why they attempted to change Jill's face again in Revelations, Julia Voth was perfection.

@KillzoneSnake said:

She ugly. If Capcom do RE3 Remake i hope they dont mess up Jill...

They directly took template of the face from a model. As they do with most of their games. Unless it's that big eye-browed bitch from that terrible suicide squad movie and weird french space movie that flopped, they tend to look objectively superior to normies.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Hmm I'm OK with it. At first glance, if we're going to be super nit-picky, I feel like they both do look a little too young for the jobs that they do in the game. Not that a game needs to be realistic. But I would have preferred both to look slightly more matured, since the rest of the game looks to feel reasonably mature. (Just out of concern that they may look a little out of place in the game itself.) And this is purely based on what I expect the game to feel like and what I expect people to look like so whatever... what does that even mean. I don't have any major problems with it. Especially if the lore doesn't contradict it. (I don't know RE2 lore.) She looks human enough for me to accept her as a playable character that is supposedly human.

I agree with @Litchie on this one. I think i_p_daily's mind made a bit of a leap there. I don't think that's a fair insinuation since it implies something seriously wrong with the TC (something extremely damaging to a person's life) and I don't see why there would be if we take the post for what it says. That seems like reading between the lines to assume the worst about someone. I also don't have a problem with people asking what I am into aesthetically in a video game, be it character faces or architecture.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Litchie
@davillain- said:
@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ezekiel43 said:

For once you guys, I'm gonna have to agree with I_P_Daily on this one. This is a stealth "Hot topic thread" and basically a hornet's nest for the mods in a sense.

You can't agree with what he said: "You're asking people (mostly men) if they find children/babies faces attractive, that's fucked up.". That is just flat out wrong, ezekiel43 never asked this.

"Do you find this baby-faced person attractive" is not the same as "do you find this baby's face attractive".

But if you wanna give this thread flak for being a "hot topic thread in disguise", I can understand that. I personally don't have any problem with people asking me what I find attractive though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 uninspiredcup

Jesus. You can't distinguished the difference of terminology?

God help us. God help us all.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator

@Litchie said:

You can't agree with what he said: "You're asking people (mostly men) if they find children/babies faces attractive, that's fucked up.". That is just flat out wrong, ezekiel43 never asked this.

"Do you find this baby-faced person attractive" is not the same as "do you find this baby's face attractive".

But if you wanna give this thread flak for being a "hot topic thread in disguise", I can understand that. I personally don't have any problem with people asking me what I find attractive though.

All I'm saying this feels like a hot topic stealth in a sense, I'm not against this thread or anything like that, but the whole Claire thing is really overplayed but at least the final build now, she barely has that baby face, she just happens to have that "inexperience" look on her face. All in all, I'm hype to play it on PC as it is.

But I won't denied I_P_Daily always nitpicks just about everything though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@ezekiel43: “Also, if it's not widely discussed, then the devs are just gonna keep doing it. Some things are more important than your discomfort.”

You really think this thread is gonna get the devs attention?

ROFLMAO!!!!1!11!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 uninspiredcup

Think only assholes who liked the Rev2 design.

Shame about the gameplay, kinda sucks ass compared to Rev1.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Well, when you put it like that, noooo. She looks like one of those bored and vapid teenagers working at the food court. Much rather be on their phone than serving you food.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Well, when you put it like that, noooo. She looks like one of those bored and vapid teenagers working at the food court. Much rather be on their phone than serving you food.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

At first, I was a bit surprised that Claire looked a bit too young in the trailers. But now, I don't care anymore. I just want the game to be released now.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

I don't find any 3D virtual characters attractive. That's creepy. Even creepier is the pedophilia vibe this thread gives out.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't think anyone is asking about boning babies. Or even wanting to get it on with a video game character. I read the OP as basically asking if they still made her face design aesthetically pleasing, or if the new "baby face" direction broke it.

Could have been a thread about Civ 6's new art direction and whether people find that less attractive than Civ 5's more "realistic" tone

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#34 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Yes.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Kiddy game, confirmed.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#36  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@ezekiel43:

The original Claire from RE2 in Ps1 did kinda have a baby face. So it makes sense.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I generally am not into the eastern european womenz which is what she looks like.

...and just saw the model in the thrwad and yep. They look like people bred with gnomes thousands of years ago or something lol

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Shewgenja: ok, now it's getting offensive and weird

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@ezekiel43:

The original Claire from RE2 in Ps1 did kinda have a baby face. So it makes sense.

People need to stop with this baby face Claire has going for. She has the look of an "Inexperience face look" of a Cop she really is and nothing more.

@Shewgenja said:

I generally am not into the eastern european womenz which is what she looks like.

...and just saw the model in the thrwad and yep. They look like people bred with gnomes thousands of years ago or something lol

Dude are you drunk or what? I don't see Claire anything like that from what you are describing!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Pretty sad when the remake is coming out and we’re talking about how the female protagonist looks.

Leon and Claire both look fine to me. They look late teens or early 20s which is what their characters should be anyways.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jun_aka_pekto

The "kids" need more stress lines on their faces. They look like they never ever did any housework at home, much less fight the undead. ;)

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I've noticed as I get older that even those in their mid-20's can look 12 years old to me. Knowing Claire is supposed to be 19 or so, it didn't really affect me.

We're you expecting her to look like this? :

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Litchie
@xantufrog said:

I don't think anyone is asking about boning babies. Or even wanting to get it on with a video game character. I read the OP as basically asking if they still made her face design aesthetically pleasing, or if the new "baby face" direction broke it.

Could have been a thread about Civ 6's new art direction and whether people find that less attractive than Civ 5's more "realistic" tone

Well, thanks for being sane. I felt pretty lonely there for a second.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@goldenelementxl said:

@ezekiel43: “Also, if it's not widely discussed, then the devs are just gonna keep doing it. Some things are more important than your discomfort.”

You really think this thread is gonna get the devs attention?

ROFLMAO!!!!1!11!!

You didn't get the point. "Widely discussed," I said. I'm not talking about a single thread. I'm saying that shutting discussions (plural) like this down for such a dumb reason is unproductive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
Member since 2019 • 75 Posts

It's fine to me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 uninspiredcup

@jun_aka_pekto said:

The "kids" need more stress lines on their faces. They look like they never ever did any housework at home, much less fight the undead. ;)

Pretty much every character in Resident Evil looks like a GQ model, as with Street Fighter. It's part of the appeal really, RE is a B-movie horror that eventually transitioned to Roger Moore era James Bond.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

She definitely looks weird, but giving the fact that she is 19 ... i'll guess it's ok.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts

My first thought when I saw her is that I like her original look best.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Attractive ...no ... but the character models look great imo

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Telekill said:

I've noticed as I get older that even those in their mid-20's can look 12 years old to me. Knowing Claire is supposed to be 19 or so, it didn't really affect me.

To me? It's the opposite. Teenage girls look older than they actually are. It doesn't help when they try to look much older either. I call em jaaaailbait.

Now, if we're taking about my kids who have Asian ancestry? Yep. They look pretty young. My eldest kid is in her early 20's. But, she can pass for a 15-year old. Many people mistake her for a Korean because she likes K-pop and she's got her mom's eyes. ;)