Do you feel like Sony is successful cause they've been playing it safe?

• 80 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I feel like all they release are safe games. Obviously they didn't make anything worth noting til Uncharted 4, yet that is a 4th sequel doing same thing that they already knew would work. If you ask me, Spider-Man was about as safe as you can get, and what do you do with God of War or rest of their games, do what everyone else is doing, or copying your only great creation in last 20 years in The Last of Us. Maybe it works, but feels like they try to hard to please everyone, like posers, and relying way to heavily on 2nd/3rd party to bring new unique content.

Listening to Phil Spencer on that charity stream about how they try and make games that fail, cause they if they aren't taking risks and only doing what will guaranteed be metacritic pleasers, then they aren't gonna be doing what they want, and really won't push gaming forward.

I'm sure most cows already laughing and doing trademark salty xbox fan picture, and won't actually watch Phil's interview and will make your rash judgements before even finish reading this sentence since its Xbox, but the way I see it, all of Xbox's games are like The Last Guardian, where you did what the studio wanted, and tried something different, and to me, Xbox's games are special like that, nothing is like Lucky, ReCore, Quantum Break, Crackdown, Sunset Overdrive (oh wait Spider-Man copied it), Ryse, State of Decay 2 (well Days Gone copying it), or Gears (oh wait Uncharted copied it), they are all like the Last Guardian or what I hope Death Stranding will be, but fact is, when you're unique, of course you ain't gonna be guaranteed popular, just like Metroid or Bloodborne. Of course none of you would ever know how great they are cause you can't see greatness from Xbox through your toxic goggles.

Fact is, a lot of games feel like they were made just to kiss reviewers asses and sellout for fads. God of War is such "award bait" it isn't even that funny, it use to be unique and nows its just another game just like Breath of the Wild, like Mario Odyssey was made cause they knew it'd be a people pleaser.

I rather Xbox continue what they are doing, cause its only way you create a new franchise staples. Obviously they have games they'll keep making cause they've found gold in many places, but unlike others, that isn't all they do. Of course they could buy a cop out like Spider-Man and make the most generic game possible, or make the 9th version of a Kart game. But I rather get Sea of Thieves, Ori, and Gears, than Spider-Man, motion controlled games and God of War.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

In a sense. They tested the waters initially, with games like TLoU, and then seem to have fallen into a funk. Not that the games aren't good, because by-and-large, they are. They need to move away from the "tried and true" TPS model they're currently using.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

That in a nutshell is Sony this whole generation. Played it safe, saw what worked for 360 and copied it to a tee.

Build a powerful console less than the competition. Check

Buy up as many 3rd party Marketing Deals as possible. Check

There is more but, let's face it they have not been innovating or pushing the industry for quite some time.

VR? kinda but it's still viewed as a niche/party gag thing.

I know someone is going to bring up Zero Horizon Dawn. Those that love it good for you, nothing really special or new about it. Don't lie it's super repetitive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@lundy86_4: Yeah they definitely have DNA for it, it just doesn't feel like good old PS1/PS2 days. I mean, they even just rehash Ratchet, Crash and Spyro, and when they tried something new like Knack, people shit on it like they did Lucky.

I get there is a line where you need to make money, but I just don't think you will find the next Halo, Uncharted, Gears or Last of Us playing it too safe. I know chasing trends helps like what Call of Duty did, I just feel like people think were in some golden age, when it doesn't feel like it to me, cause most the stuff I like isn't from Sony's own studios.

Obviously the downside to chasing dragons is that the perfect formula has many failed attempts to get it, and just hope Sony with all these games they are making, and helping them build up to far greater games, like hoping HZD is foundation to building something special with Death Stranding.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@saltslasher: Therein lies the problem. Those willing to make the decisions are probably too comfortable with the sales generated, thus the acclaim. TBH, all the companies do it, including the main publishers. It just sucks that the comapnies taking these uncharted (lol) steps, are largely indies and self/small-time published.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

They've played it no more safe then MS this gen. In fact taking a chance on VR alone was more risk then anything MS has done. Only Nintendo has taken any real risks with making a hybrid console/handheld.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Robot Dino’s in a post post apocalyptic world....Kratos behind the shoulder camera......VR being a new thing....the first .5 (Pro) mid gen system....they’re not playing it safe.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Sony took risks on new IPs like they do every gen. They created Knack, The Order, Resogun, Driveclub, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Ghosts of Tsuhsima, Concrete Genie, Dreams....while still delivering on their franchises God of War, Infamous, Killzone, Uncharted, Littlebigplanet etc.

Some of them failed but at least they took the risk. How many IPs has Nintendo created this gen? Splatoon? Arms? And Almost all of Microsoft's new IPs have flopped too- Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Recore, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves. I give Microsoft credit though because I think this gen is the most we've ever seen them take creative risks with different and unique IPs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Played it safe?

They turned a bloodthirsty character into a father in a game that was entirely one shot (GoW) (and no, before you refer to the success of TLOU, TLOU is a new IP. Naturally changing a character like kratos is something very different). They published a game that wasn't guaranteed to be successful and is counter to the usual "20 hour+ length w/multiplayer" trend (Detroit become human). They continued funding of Dreams, another game without guaranteed success, for many years (and did the same with the last guardian). They allowed a studio that only made FPS games to make something entirely different because the studio wanted to (horizon zero dawn). Instead of forcing Sucker Punch into continuing the successful inFAMOUS franchise, they gave them plenty of dev time to make an open world game set in Japan (ghost of tsushima).

Don't see any of that as playing it safe, they've put a lot of faith into their own studios/IPs and I respect them for that.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jcrame10

@fedor said:

They've played it no more safe then MS this gen. In fact taking a chance on VR alone was more risk then anything MS has done. Only Nintendo has taken any real risks with making a hybrid console/handheld.

Sony and Microsoft make traditional hardware while trying to innovate the software.

Nintendo makes innovative hardware while not really changing their software.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@jcrame10: I'd argue they've taken many risks with their established ip's. But I do agree for the most part and they don't branch out into new ip too often. I personally consider the switch the biggest risk of the gen by far though. Even the Labo was a risk.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10

@fedor said:

@jcrame10: I'd argue they've taken many risks with their established ip's. But I do agree for the most part and they don't branch out into new ip too often. I personally consider the switch the biggest risk of the gen by far though.

Every Mario Tennis plays the same. Every Kirby game plays the same. Every Donkey Kong plays the same. Every Mario Kart plays the same. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as I enjoy all those franchises but those gameplay mechanics have been the same for 25 years.

Besides Breath of the Wild or maybe you could stretch and say Super Mario Odyssey, they don't really innovate. I love Zelda but OoT, MM, WW, TP all are identical in the style and flow of the game, just different worlds and stories. Again not a bad thing just how it is. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Odyssey are nearly identical too besides the stars, sprites, and moons. And I love Super Mario Odyssey I think it's one of the greatest games I've played in a long time.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Sony is just copying nintendo.

Still I appreciate them for doing something else sometimes like bloodborne, the puppeteer or last guardian unlike nintendo or xbox recycling their mascot franchises.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I wouldn't say Sony played it safe this gen, they are still the only 1 out of the big 3 who takes risk. Sony this gen has taken more risk then both Nintendo & MS in terms of new IP games and even a device aka PSVR. Sony tried with The Order: 1886, a new IP and that game flop big time, they gamble on it and that was a risk. Exclusives like Horizon: Zero Dawn which was a new IP to Sony and it was a successful IP.

So no, Sony hasn't played it safe, they are taking a risk with PSVR with mixed reviews and they also took a risk with launching PS Vita and look how that turn out. I know it may look like Sony is playing it safe but the matter is, MS is just doing the job for Sony which I can understand why some may think Sony is playing easy mode, MS just isn't trying this gen.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Honestly, I don't see how anyone could claim this. Sure, they HAVE to sell stuff that... sells and is popular. When you look at their competition, Sony are winning because of the games, not the services. But part of this is tied to the fact that they are the home of funky shit like Gravity Rush, Persona, The Last Guardian, and Ratchet and Clank. These are the kind of games that don't really sell Doritos, but add character to the platform. These are also the kind of games that rarely survive development hell on other platforms.

It's the closest I can see to clinging on to some kind of legacy Sega had in its console portfolio

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I have no problem with Sony playing it safe as usual. They have quality products and I have my Nintendo for weird stuff.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I'd say they've found a winning formula and stuck with it, can't really blame them for doing that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Honestly, I don't see how anyone could claim this. Sure, they HAVE to sell stuff that... sells and is popular. When you look at their competition, Sony are winning because of the games, not the services. But part of this is tied to the fact that they are the home of funky shit like Gravity Rush, Persona, The Last Guardian, and Ratchet and Clank. These are the kind of games that don't really sell Doritos, but add character to the platform. These are also the kind of games that rarely survive development hell on other platforms.

It's the closest I can see to clinging on to some kind of legacy Sega had in its console portfolio

They don't make enough games like Gravity Rush and The Last Guardian. I didn't even finish TLG, and I prefer the original GR by a mile, but it still would be nice to see a lot more unique games like those instead of so much grimdark photorealistic zoomed over the shoulder emotional cinema stuff. Never would have thought I'd see God of War become one of those. They do play it safe.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

@ezekiel43: sorry but I disagree they dont make enough, have you ever bothered with santa monica stuff.

They publishes some weird ass games like hohokum, here they lie, everybody gone to the rapture and a new Fat Princess game. Also they published the order 1886...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@ezekiel43: There's no question that this stuff is becoming increasingly rare. But, what's the reference point? Xbox? The most fun I've had with that brand is Forza (and it's outstanding), but that's also the most safe thing they could produce. What have their big risks been this generation? Nintendo does what it does best - selling its mascots in different scenarios. Don't get me wrong, Zelda is f*cking great, and Mario and Mario Kart are classics always worth a buy. But basically the opposite of taking creative risk. I'm seeing... Splatoon. Trying to think what else.

At the end of the day, I heartily agree Sony has a lot of safe software. A majority. I'm also playing a lot more Switch than PS these days. But I still think the last dying gasps of risk are most obvious on the PS brand (first party, that is. The real refuge for risk is of course in indies which are inherently 3rd party). Because of this, I can't agree that Sony is winning by playing it safe. Not saying they don't play it safe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@sakaixx said:

@ezekiel43: sorry but I disagree they dont make enough, have you ever bothered with santa monica stuff.

They publishes some weird ass games like hohokum, here they lie, everybody gone to the rapture and a new Fat Princess game. Also they published the order 1886...

This generation, I played God of War III Remastered and God of War. (God of War III is better.) The rest look low budget, so not that risky. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is on PC, so I can't even tell if that's a Sony produced game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@xantufrog said:

@ezekiel43: There's no question that this stuff is becoming increasingly rare. But, what's the reference point? Xbox? The most fun I've had with that brand is Forza (and it's outstanding), but that's also the most safe thing they could produce. What have their big risks been this generation? Nintendo does what it does best - selling its mascots in different scenarios. Don't get me wrong, Zelda is f*cking great, and Mario and Mario Kart are classics always worth a buy. But basically the opposite of taking creative risk. I'm seeing... Splatoon. Trying to think what else.

At the end of the day, I heartily agree Sony has a lot of safe software. A majority. I'm also playing a lot more Switch than PS these days. But I still think the last dying gasps of risk are most obvious on the PS brand (first party, that is. The real refuge for risk is of course in indies which are inherently 3rd party). Because of this, I can't agree that Sony is winning by playing it safe. Not saying they don't play it safe.

Okay. I see your point. I'm also finding myself playing a lot more Switch. It helps that I haven't had a Nintendo since the Gamecube.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

PC takes the most risks and is the most successful.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@XVision84: How's that PS4 troll thread coming along, I mean you wouldn't want SW to think you're a cow right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zaryia said:

We know you're a mobile phone gamer why hide behind PC?

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I don't really consider anything they have done safe this gen. They took a risk with reinventing GOW in a new playstyle everyone hated until it released, Detroit was a risk for spending development costs for a niche game, They took a risk with a new IP with zero dawn and days gone. Even Dreams looks like a another risk because it's another new IP for a niche genre. Spiderman would be the safest bet, but only because it's something alot of people have been asking for for a long time. Online multiplayer is the safest it gets when it comes to games now.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zaryia
@i_p_daily said:
@zaryia said:

Citation needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zaryia said:
@i_p_daily said:
@zaryia said:

Citation needed.

Are you saying you don't play games on mobile because we know you don't play on PC.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
@i_p_daily said:
@zaryia said:
@i_p_daily said:
@zaryia said:

Citation needed.

we know you don't play on PC.

Prove it and I will ask a moderator for a permanent IP Ban.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mandzilla  Moderator

You know who's taken the most risks this gen? Soulja Boy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@rmiller365 said:

I don't really consider anything they have done safe this gen. They took a risk with reinventing GOW in a new playstyle everyone hated until it released

Bullshit. The vast majority of gamers embraced it from the beginning. The early YouTube videos had overwhelmingly positive ratings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SljB_5WWOho

I'm confident most of those people never even cared for the old games. As someone who did like those games, I find the reboot pretty weak. Anyway, it wasn't risky at all. Sony KNOWS The Last of Us is a winning formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

@XVision84: How's that PS4 troll thread coming along, I mean you wouldn't want SW to think you're a cow right?

You don't rush art, it'll happen when the moment presents itself.

SW can think what they like.

Cute bait attempt though ;).

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

They made games people wanted to play although I wasn't one of them. I don't know if that's considered safe....not that it mattered. If lots of people buy the games, that's good news.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@mandzilla said:

LMAO True dat as he would say it.

Dire_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dire_Raven
Member since 2019 • 44 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Sony took risks on new IPs like they do every gen. They created Knack, The Order, Resogun, Driveclub, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Ghosts of Tsuhsima, Concrete Genie, Dreams....while still delivering on their franchises God of War, Infamous, Killzone, Uncharted, Littlebigplanet etc.

Some of them failed but at least they took the risk. How many IPs has Nintendo created this gen? Splatoon? Arms? And Almost all of Microsoft's new IPs have flopped too- Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Recore, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves. I give Microsoft credit though because I think this gen is the most we've ever seen them take creative risks with different and unique IPs.

Sony Interactive Entertainment were the publishers of the game. They aided their development financially but never created those games. The majority of those games are basically cinematic third person action adventure games. That in itself isn't bad per-se but there's barely any creativity or improvements done within those genres as it seems every new PS4 exclusive is a variant of that mold.

That being said, I did like Resogun, back when my PS4 was working in 2014. Concrete Genie and Dreams also looks great, the former of which seems to have an interesting premise. But then again those games are from independent developers.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

PSVR laughs at this thread.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mandzilla  Moderator
@ellos said:
@mandzilla said:

LMAO True dat as he would say it.

?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I'd gladly take "award bait" like God of War over absolute "innovative" tripe like Sea of Thieves. Sony is successful because they're offering a product people want.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

you can't risk the money's in AAA games.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcrame10

@dire_raven said:
@jcrame10 said:

Sony Interactive Entertainment were the publishers of the game. They aided their development financially but never created those games. The majority of those games are basically cinematic third person action adventure games. That in itself isn't bad per-se but there's barely any creativity or improvements done within those genres as it seems every new PS4 exclusive is a variant of that mold.

That being said, I did like Resogun, back when my PS4 was working in 2014. Concrete Genie and Dreams also looks great, the former of which seems to have an interesting premise. But then again those games are from independent developers.

Sony is the publisher which means they are funding the game- the developer gets approval from Sony to make the game and go in the general direction they both agree to creatively.

And no, Sony owns the Concrete Genie and Dreams IP as Sony owns the studios making them (PixelOpus and Media Molecule). They are not independent developers.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@dire_raven: "Sony Interactive Entertainment were the publishers of the game. They aided their development financially but never created those games"

What kind of retort is that? As opposed to Xbox and Nintendo? None of these entities make games. They own studios/development groups that make the games.

Nintendo is the closest to being a singular developer - given their centralized development structure. Some would argue their case - but I'd stress really the studios or dev groups under these companies should get the creative credit for their work, not the parent company, but that's not the topic of this thread. What's being discussed here is whether Sony invests in risky projects

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Lol, trying to nitpick Sony when they’ve been giving people what they want. Having Guerilla Games switch from FPS to third person open world was no risk, right? Making a mass market VR machine wasn’t a risk, either?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jcrame10

@xantufrog said:

@dire_raven: "Sony Interactive Entertainment were the publishers of the game. They aided their development financially but never created those games"

What kind of retort is that? As opposed to Xbox and Nintendo? None of these entities make games. They own studios/development groups that make the games.

Nintendo is the closest to being a singular developer - given their centralized development structure. Some would argue their case - but I'd stress really the studios or dev groups under these companies should get the creative credit for their work, not the parent company, but that's not the topic of this thread. What's being discussed here is whether Sony invests in risky projects

He also thought MM and PixelOpus were independent devs...considering he claims he hasn't turned on a Playstation since 2014 I can understand his ignorance to PS, just unsure why he's even bothering to comment on this thread in the first place.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If investing in AAA titles is playing it safe, then why the **** doesn't XBox do it? There is plenty of risk with publishing games. This thread is nonsense. Microsoft doesn't have the heart to do anything even remotely like Horizon: Zero Dawn, which is why XBox fans can take several seats. We're waiting for Ghost of Tsushima while you guys have your thumbs up your ass waiting for Forza 45378634798652.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Further goddamn more, you might make a case that even a game like Bloodborne wasn't a risk, but you should check yourselves even then, because the Souls franchise wouldn't exist if Sony hadn't gone in on Demon's Souls originally. That's right. Sony cultivates new IP left and right and has been doing so every generation. You don't have a damn leg to stand on saying this. Sony takes so many risks on IP that it branches out and unfolds into other IP they can use. There's a reason one of these companies can have silly stage shows with Japanese flutes while the other announces studio acquisitions and wants you to please be excited. GTFOH.

Dire_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dire_Raven
Member since 2019 • 44 Posts

@jcrame10: @xantufrog:

I was wrong, sorry.

If that's the case then of course Sony should play it safe. There would be little return of investment. Look at what happened to the PS3 during it's first year or so.

It's better to stick with the try and true method.

However given that PS Plus exists (unable to play multiplayer from premium games without it) and that it's the best selling console for the eight generation. It does lead to wonder why they cannot fund for more risky projects, since they are more financially stable than they have ever been, as the Playstation brand is concern.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@that_old_guy said:

Robot Dino’s in a post post apocalyptic world....Kratos behind the shoulder camera......VR being a new thing....the first .5 (Pro) mid gen system....they’re not playing it safe.

That's your version of not playing it safe? really.... I mean really?

@Shewgenja said:

If investing in AAA titles is playing it safe, then why the **** doesn't XBox do it? There is plenty of risk with publishing games. This thread is nonsense. Microsoft doesn't have the heart to do anything even remotely like Horizon: Zero Dawn, which is why XBox fans can take several seats. We're waiting for Ghost of Tsushima while you guys have your thumbs up your ass waiting for Forza 45378634798652.

Nice "Whataboutism".