Do you consider Red Dead Redemption 2 a movie-game?

• 139 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

IF spiderman is a movie game arkham city and red dead and gta 5 are movie games too

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Hats off to the thread creator, this thread has completely EXPOSED lems and their flawed arguments. No matter how hard they try to spin it, Red Dead Redemption 2 is part of the same Sony template of being a third person action game that tells a cinematic story.

But Red Dead Redemption 2 is open world? Already huge flaws right there. They consider God Of War to be a movie game despite having similar structure to Dark Souls and being able to go back to areas and bosses you missed even after the game is over. DEBUNKED

That's not even mentioning they call Infamous: Second Son, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding movie games despite all of the being open world. Even funnier when you consider Rockstar has some of the most linear mission design around, if not the most.

To make matters worse, most lems are already considering Red Dead Redemption 2 as their GOTY despite being in the same style as most of these Sony games they call movies. This is proof that lems are in fact jealous of these PS4 exclusives.

Someone needs to buy lems a new wardrobe to cover themselves up because they've just been exposed. The only Sony games that have any right being called movie games are Until Dawn and Detroit.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@airraidjet said:

This has got to be the stupidest thread, ever.

This^^

Ok i'm leavin'!!!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Nope, I don’t consider it a movie game at all myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

This thread is golden...lmao. Keep the trash talking going for Ghost...I wonder if he'll post back on this thread after the bombardment of attacks he just got...lmfao.

randomHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By randomHALT
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts
@netracing said:

Is "Movie Game" the latest buzz phrase used by people to ridiculously generalise games in some bizarre way to put them down?

via GIPHY

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@ghosts4ever: didn't know you came from the future and played Spider-Man to tell us it's heavy reliant on QTEs

Lmfao

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@tgob89:

How is Infamous a movie game? It was basically like Spiderman with running around and destroying shit! Or is it because it's a Sony game? I guess that makes all the Crash Bandicoots movie games too. And Ratchet and Clank. Why don't we just save everyone the trouble by calling them all Sony games. Twisted Metal sure was a weird movie game too. Unusually interactive.

he doesn't actually think it is. Someone must have got his knickers in a twist about something

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Yes.

Since Lems say Horizon Zero Dawn is a movie, so is Red Dead 3.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Valgaav_219

Ask yourself a question. Is Grand Theft Auto V a movie game? If your answer is yes then yes it is. If your answer is no then there you have it lol

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@valgaav_219: Ummm...yeah that's not how things work.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I've been laughing aboot that "insult" for a while. Seems to only apply on these boards, to highly rated Sony exclusives with great graphics, regardless of genre or the inclusion of QTE's and cutscenes. It's funny EVERY time I read it, and the laughing "at you" kind of funny, not the laughing "with you" kind.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Valgaav_219

@vfighter: I know that's not how things work but it is in the hearts and minds of system warriors. If GTA V was Sony exclusive it'd be labeled as a movie game. That's just how it is around here. wtf is a movie game anyway lol

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#65 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

What a load shit, that is such a fallacious question OP and you know it. God of War is EXTREMELY linear and doesn't require skill or much immersive interaction to complete and relies heavily on story to move it forward, hens "movie game", RDR2 has a completely different format that make it function like a game.

Jesus lately the fanboys (particularly the cows) are thinking they can crawl out of their hole because they THINK the entire planet gives two crap about their plastic toy enough to be envious of it, which I personally find VERY infuriating....

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

Oh I know why Lems and other call Sony exclusives movie games, because they can only watch them in YouTube.

Yeah, and get pretty much the same experience as playing them :)

Anyway, idk. Who cares. RDR 2 looks awesome.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44938 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:

What a load shit, that is such a fallacious question OP and you know it. God of War is EXTREMELY linear and doesn't require skill or much immersive interaction to complete and relies heavily on story to move it forward, hens "movie game", RDR2 has a completely different format that make it function like a game.

Jesus lately the fanboys (particularly the cows) are thinking they can crawl out of their hole because they THINK the entire planet gives two crap about their plastic toy enough to be envious of it, which I personally find VERY infuriating....

The mission structure in Red Dead and GTA are similar. You go to the mission, and from there, you go from point a to point b shooting enemies until cut scenes show up. Other than that, you drive around the city and shoot people if you want. Also, have you actually played the God of War games? Based on what you wrote, doesn't seem so. Saying they don't require skill or much interaction to complete seems to be the red flag in your argument. Either that, or you are playing on an extremely easy difficulty. If anything, I would say God of War takes more skill than Red Dead and GTA, which are more known for story/characters and giving people the ability to free-roam.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@dr_vancouver said:

I've been laughing aboot that "insult" for a while. Seems to only apply on these boards, to highly rated Sony exclusives with great graphics, regardless of genre or the inclusion of QTE's and cutscenes. It's funny EVERY time I read it, and the laughing "at you" kind of funny, not the laughing "with you" kind.

System wars definition of movie game:

AAA Sony exclusive with superior graphics and quality that xbox and PC fanboys WISH they could play on their preferred systems but refuse to buy a PS4 so they are FORCED to watch them on YouTube. Therefore ANY high rated and high quality PS4 exclusive will ALWAYS be a movie game to those people.

If the SAME exact game is multiplat, then they're not "movie games" because those people can actually PLAY them on their preferred system and don't need to watch them on YouTube.

END/

Have you ever heard a PC or xbox fan say about a PS4 exclusive, they'll watch it on YouTube? I've never heard any Sony or Nintendo fans say that about PC or xbox games. A game must be pretty darn good if you're going to sit and watch someone play an entire game just because it's not on your favorite system.

Once you realize this is the metric used to call a title a "movie game" and how pathetic the individuals are who say it, it's funny every time you hear someone use it.

Remember, even when multiplat life is Strange came out PC and Xbox fans seemed loved it but curiously it was never labeled a "move game"...not even Life is Strange so...there ya go.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

Oh I know why Lems and other call Sony exclusives movie games, because they can only watch them in YouTube.

sure.. I'm doing the same with MS games.. Look I just beat Halo 5 by watch youtube lol!

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

I consider it to be the same game rockstar has been releasing for 17 years and 3 console generations... it baffles me how they are manage to get away with it.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By tgob89

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

You don't own a PS4!

So all you have to go by IS YouTube Mr. arm chair gamer.

I wouldn't listen to a man who was born with no lets telling me how to run a marathon...same thing applies here.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@tgob89 said:
@dr_vancouver said:

AAA Sony exclusive with superior graphics and quality that xbox and PC fanboys WISH they could play on their preferred systems but refuse to buy a PS4 so they are FORCED to watch them on YouTube. Therefore ANY high rated and high quality PS4 exclusive will ALWAYS be a movie game to those people.

If the SAME exact game is multiplat, then they're not "movie games" because those people can actually PLAY them on their preferred system and don't need to watch them on YouTube.

END/

Have you ever heard a PC or xbox fan say about a PS4 exclusive, they'll watch it on YouTube? I've never heard any Sony or Nintendo fans say that about PC or xbox games. A game must be pretty darn good if you're going to sit and watch someone play an entire game just because it's not on your favorite system.

Once you realize this is the metric used to call a title a "movie game" and how pathetic the individuals are who say it, it's funny every time you hear someone use it.

Remember, even when multiplat life is Strange came out PC and Xbox fans seemed loved it but curiously it was never labeled a "move game"...not even Life is Strange so...there ya go.

^that's a lot of salt

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:

So much wrong here, sounds like you watched maybe a trailer on the game at best. The game is structured similar to the Souls games. The world is interconnected with optional areas and bosses that you can revisit even after you've completed the game. Most of the people that have played it say the combat is one of the best parts of the game. I'm not even sure how you can say it doesn't require any skill when you clearly haven't played it. Stay educated alongside being infuriated.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:

You clearly give more than two shits tho, as you're obviously aggravated over nothing.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I would piss my pants if Sony provided patch for both GoW and Spiderman to have excessive QTE modes as a joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Gotta admit, this thread is brilliant. Lems are trapped. They've been boasting RDR2 on the X1X with enhanced graphics, yet if they are being honest with themselves they are forced to admit that, according to their own "standards", RDR2 is in fact a movie game, which renders them utter hypocrites, as games with the same open-world design format, such as HZD, the upcoming Spiderman, Days Gone etc. they have mocked endlessly as being simple "movie games". Checkmate, indeed.

To sum up, the real criteria that lems use for a game being a "movie game" is simply whether or not said game is a PS4 exclusive. Jealousy confirmed. Severe asshurt, confirmed.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tgob89

@Dark_sageX said:

What a load shit, that is such a fallacious question OP and you know it. God of War is EXTREMELY linear and doesn't require skill or much immersive interaction to complete and ...

You played God of War?

I didn't read that in any of the reviews given out for God of War you must have the inside scoop, Ninja, Do Tell??

Oh wait, you were watching YouTube videos again and decided to create your own narrative to come to that conclusion...

I guess pretending to play video games you've only been able to watch on YouTube for such a long time has made you quite imaginative.

That's the imagination you've got there little boy.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@airraidjet said:

This has got to be the stupidest thread, ever.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@Dark_sageX: try play it on god of war difficulty and come back to tell us how it doesn't require any skill.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tgob89

@drlostrib said:
@tgob89 said:
@dr_vancouver said:

END/

^that's a lot of salt

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By commander

@joshrmeyer said:

Sony has exclusive rights to the term "Movie Games" courtesy of all the generous Lems. So although this is just as a movie game as Uncharted, TLOU, GOW, etc, Lems won't consider it a Movie Game, since that's the only insult they can throw at Sony top notch exclusives.

yeah right rdr2 is like uncharted, let me know if you complete in 9 hours, with side quest and everything, cows getting so desperate lmao

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Calvincfb

@commander: is HZD a movie game?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ni6htmare01

@calvincfb said:

Of Cause it is.. Haven't you got the Memo?? All PS exclusives are Movie Games LOL

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By commander

@ni6htmare01 said:
@calvincfb said:

Of Cause it is.. Haven't you got the Memo?? All PS exclusives are Movie Games LOL

of cause? some splendid english there.

and of course hzd is not a movie game lol, it's an open world action rpg

Uncharted on the other hand, is a movie game

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ni6htmare01

@commander said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@calvincfb said:

Not bad for 3rd Language right? Lol Sure is a movie games.. it has cut scene and story!!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By commander

@ni6htmare01 said:
@commander said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@calvincfb said:

Not bad for 3rd Language right? Lol Sure is a movie games.. it has cut scene and story!!

not my native language either, but my native language is dutch, which has a lot of similarities with english. I suppose if you speak french or something, english must not be that easy

hzd has a lot of gameplay, uncharted hasn't, hence they call it movie game.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ni6htmare01

@commander said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@commander said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@calvincfb said:

not my native language either, but my native language is dutch, which has a lot of similarities with english. I suppose if you speak french or something, english must not be that easy

hzd has a lot of gameplay, uncharted hasn't, hence they call it movie game.

LOL Not French either.... Put it this way I can import games like Yakuza from over sea, play them and understand them, that should give you some hints and LOL I'm just playing with the whole movie games thing anyway. "TO ME" I don't give a shit if they are open world, movie, fps, or whatever. As long as they are good and that is all its matter!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dark_sageX

@biack_goku said:

The game is structured similar to the Souls games.

Wow, the game is even more trash than I thought...

@tgob89: I'm sorry are you saying the game is NOT linear? I want you to tell everyone here that God of War is NOT a linear game. Go on, do it, I'm expecting people with rational thinking to rain down on you, but I'm more excited to see what the other cows will say, are they gonna call you out? or are they gonna agree and confirm they are delusional? lets find out.

@Ant_17 said:

Yes.

Since Lems say Horizon Zero Dawn is a movie, so is Red Dead 3.

Oh PLEASE, more cow fallacies, I want you to quote me someone who has ever called HZD a movie game.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I consider it a game that hasnt been released yet.....we shoukd have this talk after it comes out perhaps?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Calvincfb

@Dark_sageX: It is a linear game with lots of side content. What's the problem with that?

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Dark_sageX

@calvincfb said:

@Dark_sageX: It is a linear game with lots of side content. What's the problem with that?

Nothing wrong with that, that fool thinks I'm ignorant of the game's nature for the mere fact that I haven't played it, implying that what i said about the game being linear is inaccurate. So I want him to say out loud the game is NOT linear, so he can make a mockery out of himself.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Dark_sageX: Nice defence. The fact it has you bothered means it's true.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@commander: Oh, we're going by length of game now? How does that define what a "movie game" is? Horizon ZD has a ton of side quest and gameplay and you'll still call it a movie game. It's the only thing you Lems have left to use as far as software goes to degrade anything positive for Sony.

Edit: Just saw you say HZD isn't a movie game... Good for you. Other Lems though think it is.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By commander

@joshrmeyer said:

@commander: Oh, we're going by length of game now? How does that define what a "movie game" is? Horizon ZD has a ton of side quest and gameplay and you'll still call it a movie game. It's the only thing you Lems have left to use as far as software goes to degrade anything positive for Sony.

Edit: Just saw you say HZD isn't a movie game... Good for you. Other Lems though think it is.

I never said hzd is a movie game, how desperate can you become lmao

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@commander: Guess you missed my edit I posted right after my original post. When I think of movie games, Until Dawn comes to mind... And I loved that game for what it was.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By commander

@joshrmeyer said:

@commander: Guess you missed my edit I posted right after my original post. When I think of movie games, Until Dawn comes to mind... And I loved that game for what it was.

oh ok, yeah I don't like movie games, or short games with a lot of cutscenes.

If I would buy a playstation (again, already bought one in 2016 for bloodborne and then sold it a bit later) it would be for hzd, so no defenitely not a movie game that one.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

This thread is a trap for lems.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@commander said:

You mean uncharted 4 that game that has ONLINE MULTIPLAYER AS WELL.?

Loading Video...

See Sea of thieves one of your hyped games is a movie game,see i posted this movie from youtube.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By commander

@tormentos said:
@commander said:

You mean uncharted 4 that game that has ONLINE MULTIPLAYER AS WELL.?

Loading Video...

See Sea of thieves one of your hyped games is a movie game,see i posted this movie from youtube.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@commander said:

oh ok, yeah I don't like movie games, or short games with a lot of cutscenes.

Say what.?

Why quantum break will not flop

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-quantum-break-will-not-flop-33078192/?page=1

Of course you do like them when they are on xbox one...hahahhaaa

@commander said:

I understand that you don't want to watch it, another great game that you cannot play on your playstation lmao

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

You make a complete thread about to defend a movie game that was short and full of cutscenes but that unlike Uncharted or GOW it bombed score wise,so you do like movie games that are short and full of cutscenes when they flop and are on xbox one..lol

This post is approved by my colosal deformed thumb.