Do you care if another platform has a better version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts

If you play on a console do you care if the PC version has better graphics? If the game re-releases on another platform with exclusive content do you go and get it, does it make the version you have seem feel less enjoyable?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Not really but I do like hearing whiners complain that the devs are milking the game because they re-released it with more content at a cheaper price. It's entertainment gold if you ask me.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

It depends on how bad the inferior version is, or just how good the superior version is.

If it's something like Skyrim for the PS3 compared to the PC, I do care.

If it's something like the console version of Darksiders 2 compared to the PC, then the difference is negligible.  

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Consolites do. 

Then they start to:

baby-crying+jpg.jpg

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I went with the 4th option. I get all my multiplatform games on PC and I update my current PC/build a new PC alternating years to ensure that I am always able to play games nearly maxed out while recording.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

If multiple versions release at the same time, and I have all the systems the game is available on, then sure I might care.

If a better version of a game is released years after I've already played it then it's not as if I look at my current system as if it's a piece of junk.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Yes, I would like the best version possible. Bugs and poor performance give me a lesser experience

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

No. I guess I'd care if the version I played is unplayable or something.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I play on PC, get the best version of most multiplats by far. If the PC version is crap, I'll just wait for the mods to fix it and then get it.

Think I may get some popcorn and watch how this one goes ;)

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Yes, yes I do. Sometimes, I lie awake in my head, staring up at the ceiling in the cold, desolate night thinking, wondering, pondering, " Why...why did I get the 360 version? The PC was right there! How could I have been so foolish. Tomorrow....tomorrow I rectify that mistake and sacrifice myself to the almighty god of PC gaming....Gabe Newell. It is the only way...it must be done."

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i do, for any game i'm not getting on pc or does not have a pc version i'm going to get the next best version.

it could totally be the ps4 getting the best versions this time around over the nextbox  and if so that's the version i will get.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts
Oh wow, I should had proof read my poll options...
GeForce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeForce-
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

Yes I do, I want the best experience as possible and that's why I game on PC.

When I go back to consoles to play some exclusives, it shocks me how big of a difference there is in terms of visual quality and the performance.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Since I got my PC any single player games I want to buy I get on PC. every multiplayer focused game or game I just want to rent I get on 360.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

PC is always the best version.  I don't care because it doesn't effect me.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Devs better give me my grass and mic shadows or they can go to hell.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Owning multiple platforms is the best way to own the best multiplatform version of a game, but it's not always the easiest for most people. For at least the "DreamCast / PlayStation 2 / GameCube / Xbox" generation, I owned, and still own all of them, and for this last gen - Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 - I did the same, while also owning multiple configurations of PC systems capable of running games as well or better than those systems, and I tried to get the one that either looked the best, - usually the PC had the most content, or on the system my friends had it on for online multiplayer - usually Xbox 360.
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

No,I'm constantly being told PS3 multiplats are a broken mess,but I have yet to find one that did'nt look and play great and I've played over 40 this gen.Guess its just fanboys sounding off,as usual.LOL

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Graphics are 2nd to Extra Content.

Although sometimes the Extra Content doesn't satisfy and just getting any version works too.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Well, I don't play on PS3 or 360 so it's rare I get the worst version of something.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

It depends on how bad the inferior version istagyhag

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
I'll always shoot for PC if I can, mainly for resolution and frame rate. I try to get 45 FPS on most games, for me it's the sweet spot for frame rate, 60 is great if you can get it but 45 means it looks pretty damn smooth and in the odd instance that the frame rate does drop it never goes below playable. Those two things alone make it more preferable to me. As for content I despise when a game gets "1 hour of exclusive content!" on another platform (love how nobody seems to complain now that the PS3 is doing this but hated it when MS was doing it) but it's not enough for me to get that version, especially since it's usually in huge games anyway like Far Cry and Assassins Creed, I doubt I'll miss a couple of side missions.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I play on PC, get the best version of most multiplats by far. If the PC version is crap, I'll just wait for the mods to fix it and then get it.

Think I may get some popcorn and watch how this one goes ;)

GarGx1
You didn't actually answer the question... And no, I don't care as long as the version I get is highly competent.
Agent-Tojed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Agent-Tojed
Member since 2012 • 160 Posts

Since most multiplats are pretty much equal (in terms of gameplay and whatnot), not really. But if it's like Black Ops for the Wii or Graces for the PS3, then yeah , it matters.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Yeah I do care because I always have the equipment to play the best version, but sometimes they **** it up and I ruin a pillow.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I like to feel that they did a good job and got the most out of the platform, which %99 of the time on PC they don't do, rather relying on hardware to chew thru bad code.

I find bad software to be endemic of the PC starting with the OS itself, fragmented architecture makes it difficult to achieve any kind of efficiency.

Not so much that "PC gaming" is bad, it's the "architecture designed by committee" of the PC that I find utterly incompetent.

The world will never move on to better technology and innovation until "the PC" becomes a relic of the past, which is difficult because there are so many economic stakeholders that depend on it for their livelihood.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

I like to feel that they did a good job and got the most out of the platform, which %99 of the time on PC they don't do, rather relying on hardware to chew thru bad code.

I find bad software to be endemic of the PC starting with the OS itself, fragmented architecture makes it difficult to achieve any kind of efficiency.

Not so much that "PC gaming" is bad, it's the "architecture designed by committee" of the PC that I find utterly incompetent.

The world will never move on to better technology and innovation until "the PC" becomes a relic of the past, which is difficult because there are so many economic stakeholders that depend on it for their livelihood.

LazySloth718

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Yes, and that's why I play multiplatform games on the Wii. They're the best.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Riadon2

GeForce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GeForce-
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

LazySloth718

l.jpg

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

No argument?

Truth hurts.

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts
I get most multi-plats on console, just prefer the whole sofa, big TV thing. Will get the PC version if the console versions are seriously gimped or KB/M is more suitable for the game but the graphical polish doesn't make much difference to me. Ultimately it's the same game, same animation, geometry, character models etc. I don't find the extra graphical fidelity really affects immersion or gameplay. Not sure if I'll stick with consoles next gen though, depends if building a decent, easily upgradeable and good value gaming HTPC becomes more feasible or the home network, local cloud streaming thing works out.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Framerate/resolution is a big deal to me so I generally buy multiplats on the PC.

Otherwise no.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
no... to show an example.. i was a ps2/pc gamer last gen... ALL multiplats were bought for my ps2...
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#35 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

If it has extra content yes, or if it was something like in the case of Skyrim (which is pefectly fine on PS3 now). Otherwise no. I can't even tell which version is "better" anyway, I seriously doubt anyone really does either.

Most of the time I think the people that go around talking about "better" versions are just trying to justify their purchase.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I always buy the worst version of a multiplat I can find and then come to System Wars so I can damage control it.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Meh, the far majority of games play awesome on 360. I don't care if PC can get more juice out of the graphics, there is no game I played on 360 that suffered huge problems that the PS3 version was better.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I buy a console based on my preference for the overall experience, mainly exclusive games that I have grown to like sway me. I liked to play Halo 1 & 2 on Xbox, but I didn't like the controllers or paying to play online. It looks like times sure have and are changing in the gaming business. I like reliability in a console  & to feel like the company is being just/right in the way they charge for things. I don't really like the way things are trending to be so $$$ demanding to  play games. I guess it's a sign of the times and trends in gaming. 

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Depends on how big the difference is, or whether one version is the main platform of development or not.

If it's a Bayonetta situation for example, I straight up passed on the Ps3 version even though I didn't have a 360 at the time.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Yep I always need the best version.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Nope. I have a life.

I'd rather be enjoying a game than making a hissy fit over something so trivial. I've enjoyed my PS3 for years and there's never been a moment where a "better version" of game has provoke me to run and buy a 360 or build a PC.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clr84651

I like good graphics, but they don't have to be great or amazing for me to like the game. Terrible looking games definitely ruin the game for me, although that's not a very common thing. 

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clr84651

Nope. I have a life.

I'd rather be enjoying a game than making a hissy fit over something so trivial. I've enjoyed my PS3 for years and there's never been a moment where a "better version" of game has provoke me to run and buy a 360 or build a PC.

M8ingSeezun

My wife talked me into buying a 360 before the PS3 had come out. I started to lose interest for it pretty quick as I paid for everything and it failed twice. It was nice enough looking and all but the controls and feel was all wrong for me. 

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#44 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Nope. I have a life.

M8ingSeezun

Lol same here. I remember seeing people fight over miniscule blades of grass in Red Dead Redemption, I was just like "WTF is wrong with you guys"? lol.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

No argument?

Truth hurts.

LazySloth718
Very few people care about arguing facts with you these days zombiekiller,everytime you get severely owned(wich is almost every single time) you just disapear and come back a few days later with the same crap all over again,so there´s no point.
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

Sure, why not? I have a decent gaming PC and I enjoy the better graphics and smoother performance. This is especially true for games I really love.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Not really since PC will always have the better version. ;)

In all seriousness though, it really depends on its graphical style, content and reinforcement such as better controls, online, downloadable stuff etc.

If its an artsy game, then I'll go for the one thats with the most content. If its a realistic game I'll probably slap it onto the PC.

Of course there are caveats such as exclusive content to them or less content on one or the other, but for the most part that extra stuff is gravy (rare on the less content and reinforcement from PC to console) and I'll stick to my above rules.

Watch Dogs is one of those rare times that might go to the Ninty system.

omarissac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 omarissac
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts
I chose a 360 over ps3 cause MP looked better, so i would have to say hell yes, i only have time for one console and, i wanna make sure most games are running better/looking better.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

With most games? Yes. That's why I prefer multiplats on the PC.

The only exception is sports games. I prefer sports games on consoles even if the better-looking version is on the PC.