Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 51 Posts

Or other online addictive games ?

I have always been wary of those games and haven’t even tried any of them.

I think they are really destructive.

I’m currently sharing a house with an acquaintance.He told me he is very much in to online games. Before I go to sleep he is playing and after he wakes up and before I go to work I will always hear him playing.

He never has friend over, never brings girls, never speaks to me about anything but games, no sports or work out, music or other hobbies.I suspect he is not working anymore since I have had to come back to my place during the day a couple of times to pick some stuff and he is always inside his room playing games.

Anyway, anyone else shares my prejudice against them ?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2582 Posts

I avoid them because they are shit.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38658 Posts

Depending on what MMO game is, I really don't bother with MMO games and I prefer playing single player games & MP games on PC. MMO in general don't interest me.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3635 Posts

I've played a decent amount of MMO's. Many of those I played became total garbage over time, or completely shut down.

Simply put, I felt they were a waste of time. The time put into them means nothing because once they shut down their servers, all that effort was for nothing.

This doesn't bother some people and they have lots of fun with them anyways.

I kinda gave up on them, I felt like I was just wasting my time I could better spend in a single player game where I can save all my progress on my end.

WickedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By WickedMuffin
Member since 2019 • 86 Posts

I think it really depends on a person, not the genre of the game. Someone who prefer ingle player games for example can spend all his time to play it, don't have hobbies or friends, as you said about your acquaintance. But someone who only plays MMO can have an active social life

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1510 Posts

MMO all are turned to shit these days... first everything became super casual with wow and the the idiots started to demand no sub mmos which in turn turned all of them into games centered around lootboxes...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26862 Posts

Kind of. If I play an MMO I would hardly be able to play other games. And I don't think MMO's are that good, gameplay wise. So I would miss out on too many fun and interesting things.

The 'you have to study this fight for a day and then make no mistakes or 40 people will be angry at you' raids are not really my thing. Neither are repeatable quests. I don't understand AT ALL why anyone enjoys repeatable quests.

So for me, the value of an MMO tends to be the beauty and depth of the world, the exploration, secrets, variation in questing and environment, the story, the combat, and maybe most importantly of all: the character creation.

If an MMO focuses more on raids than the experience of being in the world and exploring the world and creating things and helping others outside of combat, then I am not interested. Are there MMO's I would like? I actually haven't looked into it for a while.

I have enjoyed Guild Wars 2 because it was so free form. You could just help people do quests whenever you wanted to. Without obligations. Without even needing to team up. And nobody would get angry at you for doing so. I loved that experience. But at some point you have seen the world and I was done with it.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 13841 Posts

I avoid them now because I don’t have the time to dedicate to them anymore. Life and responsibilities really keep me away from any game that requires continuous hour long sessions daily/weekly just to stay relevant.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10028 Posts
@npiet1 said:

I avoid them because they are shit.

Some are amazing, and I play those.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1333 Posts

I just haven't seen anything interesting in over a decade, but a good mmo is great.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5430 Posts

The problem with MMO's is that not many of them are very good... I always look forward to playing them and way more often than not I am disappointed. The first MMO I played very frequently was WoW, and the problem is... nothing else has even come close to how good that game is. I actually keep hoping they will make a decent MMO for consoles (yes I tried FF and it was ok... but that's all.. just ok, the reason it does so well is that it's the best MMO on consoles.). I think it's cool they are bringing back vanilla WoW, but I would actually rather see a WoW 2, and find a way to make it work on next-gen consoles. I would be all over that. I am also a HUGE believer in no M/KB on consoles for most genres, but MMO's I have no problem with. I don't feel like it gives a distinct advantage in those games, it just makes things more convenient. Definitely one of the very few genres of games that I prefer playing on M/KB. I think there is a lot of potential moving forward, but also feel that if they don't evolve that the genre is going to sink even lower. They need to incorporate the games onto more platforms and make them crossplay with mouse support. (Trust me... you won't ever be hearing me say this type of shit about other types of games... lol).

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Yeah, I avoid them. Got bored of loot grinds playing Diablo 2, and that's a big part of most MMOs.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 10723 Posts

Yes. Have hardly any time to game right now, gotta work and then look after a 4 month old miniature pinscher.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35595 Posts

Nope.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 2946 Posts

MMORPGs are my favorite games. It is just to bad they are not any good ones to really be released since Final Fantasy XIV and Elder Scrolls Online.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#16  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10773 Posts

They don't hold my interest. Usually the combat is not very good and I don't care for grindy gameplay. The closest I get to MMO these days are looter shooters like The Division, Destiny, Anthem, etc.. Even then, I only play the games until I have experienced all the content. I don't care about leveling up and pursuing new gear once I have reached endgame.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 13940 Posts

No, and I’d play more of them if I didn’t have to pay monthly subscriptions.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3723 Posts

I play MMO games somewhat regularly, but I cannot escape the feeling that they are one of if not the worst genre in all of video games. They are rarely interesting or innovative.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14574 Posts

I don't actively avoid any game, if it's good I'll play it even if it's not a genre of my preference. I greatly enjoyed Day-Z in the early days of the mod.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24513 Posts

No. I don't play any MMOs right now, but that's only because I don't think there's a good enough one to spend the time on.

I play online games all the time, though.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21  Edited By adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1460 Posts

I used to play several the one that I spent the most time was Ragnarok Online, nice memories about that game; but now I'm retired of that genre.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 2973 Posts

Not only that MMOs do not appeal to my gaming tastes, but I do not like paying monthly subscription fees in general. I do not have enough money for monthly fees.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18495 Posts

Actively? No. I don't have anything against them, but their nature they are asking you to invest a ton of time... There are just too many great things going on in life on any given day for me to get bogged down in a game that requires a lot of investment.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 456 Posts

the only MMOs i could tolerate were those with existing backgrounds to them.. SWTOR, for example. but theres probably a couple dozen MMOs that exist with no background, no story, and no lore that exists outside that one game, most of them are crap, hard to follow stories, with PS2 graphics tops

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

No, there just isn't an MMO that interests me. DC online was my thing back in the day.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5393 Posts

I do these days.

Those games just don't respect your time, and I've got plenty of other games I want to play.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10543 Posts

Warframe is pretty much my "MMO" even though its "MMO-Lite". I started playing a bit of Closers Online a week ago. I should get around to Black Desert Online since I bought that game like two years ago.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16433 Posts

I actually can't stand them ... i have tried a few of them (including WoW) and every single time i get either extremely bored, annoyed or a combination of both ... so i always keep my distance when it comes to MMOs (including other forms of heavy multiplayer games like Destiny, etc.)

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 253 Posts

I used to love MMOs but now as an adult I feel like I just don’t have the time.... or I’m so mentally exhausted from my work weeks I don’t want to party up others

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bfdef17d35
deactivated-5d6bfdef17d35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bfdef17d35
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

MMOs are one of the most boring genre to me.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 2881 Posts

I actively avoid any multiplayer game just because I don't care for them and there's too many weird kids on there for my taste anyway. Last game I tried to get into was BF 3 but I have more fun with SP games.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 5707 Posts

no im gonna be no life-ing wow classic when it comes out this month.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 51 Posts

@madsnakehhh: I am also against looter shooters or actually anything that involves the word loot. Massive Time wasters they are.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3200 Posts

It's been all downhill/shit since Ultima online.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#35 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4721 Posts

I hate them, see no point. I remember many years ago a friend telling me about this new game called World of Warcraft and me thinking "that sounds like shit" a few months later no one in our group knew of him and we end up discovering that he was so addicted to it that he dropped out of college.

People play whatever they want but I won't waste my time with it. More so because I do love gaming and those games are pretty much everything I hate about videogames.