Do we really need a Resident Evil 5 remake

• 69 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Do we really need a Resident Evil 5 remake (65 votes)

yes I must consoom 23%
No 77%
No Caption Provided

Is this something we really need? Are remakes just getting abit, lazy as **** now? Creatively bankrupt?

Or is this just edgy gamer cynicism and it doesn't matter as long as it's good and it's optional so who cares just play the originals?

Will the woke version make the villagers white, with MAGA hats?

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I don’t know about “need” but I would definitely be interested in it myself.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

There is nothing left to remake from the series. Everything else, including Code Veronica is not worth remaking. Remaking RE5 would be the biggest waste of 3+ years Capcom could ever have.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Not really but high fidelity Sheva in alternate costume...I don't think I can say no.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Been a long time since i've played it, but it probably still stands up. Then again, so dod RE4, and we got that. I'd take a Code Veronica remake... Been years since I played that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@lundy86_4: When it released it was edgy-kewl to shit on it. The most worstest thing ever. But prob one my fav COOP games ever. Go back every few years.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

We need and hopefully getting RE4 Remake sequel.

not necessary RE5. but if RE5 remake heavily improved like RE4 than yay.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

No we don't. Code Veronica should've gotten a remake. I don't mind if Resident Evil 1 got a second remake as well. I don't care for 5 and 6.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, rocked the coop quite a few times with my brother. Shit was fun.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Doesn’t matter, they could never do it nowadays. Hell, people were calling them racists back then when developing the original in 2000s

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I voted no, because there are only 3 games left in the series to remake.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

I wished, would be an amazing game having white fascists wearing maga hats as the zombies.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:

Not really but high fidelity Sheva in alternate costume...I don't think I can say no.

What a nasty nasty nasty gamer.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6027 Posts

5 was a chore to play, I remember finishing it and never wanting to play it again. In fact I bought 6 but never played it, and they killed the franchise for me when they went first person.

Capcom will remake the best RE game in Code Veronica unfortunately.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

The fact that RE4 RE turned out as good as it did. I curious to see what they will do to improve RE5. I'd buy it

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#16 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Capcom should remake 6.

So far they've done an admirable job remaking okay to good RE games. Let's see them remake a bad RE game.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Actually wouldn't mind. The co-op was fun as shit.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I loved Resident Evil 5 when me and my brother played together. I would love to see Resident Evil 6 get remade cause of the camera and terrible controls and campaigns redone.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I did a poll asking what Capcom should remake next and it all points towards Code Veronica as fans are asking for that to get the Remake treatment and RE5 isn't on the Agenda as Capcom are taking hints RE1 is on their minds since RE1 turns 20 in 2026. Code Veronica & RE1 are basically the only two deserves a Remake the most.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Nah. I'd play it, yes. But I'd rather see that effort spent on a good new RE or something else. Considering what they did with 2 and 4 in recent years, they must be capable of a solid new game in either style.

I had fun with 4make, one of the better games I've played this year, but even that felt unnecessary. Probably feel that way about 5make even more so, game still looks and plays just fine.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

The game wasn't all that good playing alone, but playing it with a friend definitely make it way better, even just a match or two in mercenaries mode was a lot of fun.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts
@davillain said:

I did a poll asking what Capcom should remake next and it all points towards Code Veronica as fans are asking for that to get the Remake treatment and RE5 isn't on the Agenda as Capcom are taking hints RE1 is on their minds since RE1 turns 20 in 2026. Code Veronica & RE1 are basically the only two deserves a Remake the most.

Eh? Brah already remade it, and then remastered it. Aside from boss fights sucking ass (pretty much suck in every RE game barring probably Revelations) gameplay is solid and visually, go as far as to argue it's one of the most immaculate looking games made. Remain timeless.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

I wouldn't mind seeing Resident Evil 1 getting a second remake. I really liked the Resident Evil 2 remake a lot and seeing Resident Evil 1 with modern graphics and similar controls to the RE2 Remake would be cool. As long as Capcom doesn't f*ck it up like they did with the Resident Evil 3 remake, I'm fine for another one.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I'd say RE5 was modern enough that it doesn't need a remake (unless RE4, which was *rough* when I replayed it last year).

Still, I'd play a remake. It's one of the best co-op games of all time (perhaps better than RE6 there), and an excellent all-round action game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

Lol.... Absolutely not. RE5 is gorgeous and really fun, especially in coop. It needs nothing remade. I played through it several times to collect loot and max out weapons, plus a few friends who wanted to run through the campaign. Just don't think Capcom should commit resources to already wonderful experiences. For the love of God make something new. Put those devs to work on creative thought.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

I said it before and i will say it again. Everything is on the next new RE entry. I really want to see if they've learned anything after RE2R and now RE4R, which was received even more positively.

Just imagine for a sec they announce the next game early next year, and its in first person, and is just like RE8 but with a new story. Holy shit i will mald hard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

Don't F this train tolling, Crapcum.

Loading Video...
Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

Remaster? Sure

Remake? Likely to not be worth the time and money imo

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@AcidTango said:

@uninspiredcup:

I wouldn't mind seeing Resident Evil 1 getting a second remake. I really liked the Resident Evil 2 remake a lot and seeing Resident Evil 1 with modern graphics and similar controls to the RE2 Remake would be cool. As long as Capcom doesn't f*ck it up like they did with the Resident Evil 3 remake, I'm fine for another one.

I also don't mind if Capcom does in fact Remake RE1 as I said before, Capcom stated they are interested but that doesn't mean they'll actually do it asap unless they really want to celebrate upcoming 20th anniversary. I'm not necessarily against Remakes just as long as it makes sense but Code Veronica however does need it badly. Cup seems to forget RE Engine would be cool for RE1 IMO.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ConanTheStoner
@uninspiredcup said:

Eh? Brah already remade it, and then remastered it. Aside from boss fights sucking ass (pretty much suck in every RE game barring probably Revelations) gameplay is solid and visually, go as far as to argue it's one of the most immaculate looking games made. Remain timeless.

lol yeah. REmake1 remake.. what the shit. Given the top effort, sure, it'd be sick. Also might be in the running for the most pointless game ever developed.

Be like if Nintendo decided to remake Super Mario World lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@lavamelon said:

Remaster? Sure

Remake? Likely to not be worth the time and money imo

A remaster is worse than a remake, so why even waste the time? A remaster guarantees the game staying just like it was, and that will not sell very well whatsoever. Big waste of time and resources if they go that route.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

I had much rather see a Dino Crisis remake, but I guess Capcom won't do it. Resident Evil sells more copies.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ConanTheStoner

Bot shows up, copies a Wenzen post, tries to push cracked Vray. Seen it all now.

Would've budged if it was cracked Arnold.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Pass

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

No. Don't need any more remakes or remasters of any RE game.

@ghosts4ever said:

We need and hopefully getting RE4 Remake sequel.

not necessary RE5. but if RE5 remake heavily improved like RE4 than yay.

So RE4 was one of the worst games ever. But when they added extremely slow movement while aiming, it's amazing. In fact, it's so amazing you want RE4-2 now. The lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner

@Litchie:

Extra funny since Leons noticeably slower anyway. Gave you the ability to move and shoot while somehow still downgrading mobility lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: True xD

I think I know what happened. Original was probably too fast-paced for ghosts, and after dying all the time he decided to blame it on "can't walk while aiming" and dismiss it as crap. Pretty sure he's really bad at videogames.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner

lol

All the evidence is there really. The attitude towards multiplayer is extra damning, specially for someone who likes FPS games.

Checks out.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

Sure why not. its not a GOTY-winning, GOTG-contending, GOTD-nominated masterpiece like RE4, but...

The game has co-op. RE5 remade with the RE4R styled gameplay mechanics will be a ton of fun to play with a friend.

so yes Capcom, please remake RE5 too. Take the freedom to make quite big changes too, not just vastly superior visuals and vastly improved shooting mechanics.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@hardwenzen: RE8 came two years after RE2R, and 2 years abefore RE4R.

It wasn't as good as RE2R was and not even remotely close to being as superb as RE4R is.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

I wouldn’t mind a remake, however I never understood the hate for RE5, but the praises of RE4, when technically all RE5 did was add a well versed co-op to the RE4 formula.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@Litchie: Controlling is much better on KB/M and feel like proper third person action game compare to original that was tanked control game, shooting is better, story is better, AI is better, Ashley is much better in remake.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

We don’t need them, but remakes for Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 would show the biggest improvements, as those games have stupidly imbalanced gameplay. I wouldn’t mind having Code Veronica remade as well, for the original game slogs on for too long. Resident Evil 1 would be, perhaps, the best of the bunch, as Capcom already has one excellent remake under its belt for that game, and it‘s the strongest game in terms of gameplay and setting of the games that haven’t been remade yet.

Either way, I’ll never bemoan more Resident Evil. I can’t get enough of the stuff.

@ermacness Like I said, imbalance. I am in the middle of playing RE5 right now (Tears of the Kingdom releasing has halted that), and its gameplay is a caricature of RE4. Enemies are massive bullet sponges, the worst I have seen in any shooter I have ever played. Hordes and hordes of enemies descend upon you. It doesn’t know how to build up to climaxes like RE4 did. It just throws the kitchen sink at you at random times. Boss battles are long, laborious, tedious. Sheva’s A.I. provides way more frustrations than Ashley did, which is ironic considering that Sheva is armed. She wastes resources, shoots slowly, and gets herself in harms way too often.

However, despite all that, it’s still a good game because it’s built on the rock solid foundational mechanics of RE4. A good time is still there if you get through some of the extremely dense and painful filler.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Will we get updated Sheva models for R34 content?

It has my support.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

I'd like to see Capcom move forward with what makes RE2 and 4 remakes great and make a new game. I just worry they can't keep the magic- although I do like 7 and 8 they just don't stand up as well to the remakes.

More on topic, I would say 5 does not need a remake. Put the effort into CV or an over the shoulder 1.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

I replayed 5 recently and it doesn't need a remake I would prefer a code Veronica remake.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@Mozelleple112 said:

@hardwenzen: RE8 came two years after RE2R, and 2 years abefore RE4R.

It wasn't as good as RE2R was and not even remotely close to being as superb as RE4R is.

They were most likely already making the game before RE2R was even released, so it doesn't count. Everything is on their next NEW RE title.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

There is nothing left to remake from the series. Everything else, including Code Veronica is not worth remaking. Remaking RE5 would be the biggest waste of 3+ years Capcom could ever have.

Actually ... nevermind, yeah, that's correct. Code Veronica only, only if they make a complete plot overhaul .