Do u think sheeps' graphics are graded unfairly high?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A_Gamerz_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 A_Gamerz_soul
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts

Dont u think taht in reviews in general, not just gamespot, sheep get away too easily with having bad graphics?
I mean i know people consider that the system was not made for graphics, but shouldent it be judged equally according to the generation it is in?
I mean if during last gen, if a game played good but looked like a ps1 game, it would have really mattered big time.
and as games go buy this gen and wii shows its age in the graphics department, it should be compared equally with other systems.
Like resident evil 4 had a 9 on the wii on GS, sure the controls are for the wiimote but besides that its basically the exact same game. With the bloody same graphics, almost no upgrade at all. It should have gotten an 8 at most for something like that.
Ya its fun but still.
Multiplats should be treated the same, if a game comes out for 360, ps3 and wii, it shouldent get the understandable grade in the graphics department for the wii, it should get a score by comparing it to the other systems. I think considering the wii's limitations is unfair, graphics should be scored by the generation were in, not the suited to a console itself. And therefore wii's scores should be lower when a graphic degredation is clearly visible compared to other systems.

(waits for sheep to scream gameplay over graphics)

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
First of all, wall of text, and spellcheck FTW. You can't judge the games graphics on the generation its in, that isnt fair. Thats like giving a PS2 game a 7 in graphics because Xbox games look better. You have to judge it on the hardware and what the hardware is capable of.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
the graphics are good enough. It's not like they took a step backwards or anything.
Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts
If thats the case, the PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics are graded too high, because they aren't very good compared to the PC.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
If I'm looking at a game for the Wii, why should I care how it compares to 360/PS3 games? Compare it to Wii games, it's a better comparison point.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

If thats the case, the PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics are graded too high, because they aren't very good compared to the PC.Nickman71

A high end pc. My old PC couldn't run Oblivion, thats part of the prob with PC on what range do you judge? A souped up gaming PC will flatten a console. One thats a few years out of date can be made to look like an olld chugger.

linarite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 linarite
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

Then what of handheld graphics ratings?

Sorry, but to me, the graphics should be compared to what that particular system is capable of/generated previously, and they are in these reviews, thankfully.

walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
in that case, i think every game for the ps3 should be graded on its graphics compared to pc games like crysis..... how is that fair at all??
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

They have to be. Pixel for pixel they can't compare with the ps3 or 360. Those are true high def machines with heavy duty graphics cards. The wii's graphics aren't bad, but just not in the same league as the other two. Not all software takes advantage of the difference, but when it does, it's easy to see.

A_Gamerz_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 A_Gamerz_soul

Then what of handheld graphics ratings?

Sorry, but to me, the graphics should be compared to what that particular system is capable of/generated previously, and they are in these reviews, thankfully.

linarite

guys im only talking about consoles her, no handhelds or pcs.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
guys im only talking about consoles her, no handhelds or pcs. A_Gamerz_soul
Well, why not include them? They're during the same time frame, and they all are vying for part of your limited budget. Seems to me if it's not going to just be the standards of the system, why not do all the systems? The PC is a system. The DS and PSP are systems.

Why not?

linarite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 linarite

A_Gamerz_soul

How is it that you can limit your scope in one sense, yet refuse to limit in another?

Seems merely convenient to me.

The PS2 had weaker graphics last gen, but I don't think that really deters from it's success, not does it diminish the wonderful amount of good games that can be found on it.

Why would a reviewer dismiss graphical improvements for Wii games when they take the time to do so? It would be a redundant point in every single Wii review: "well, the graphics aren't on part with PS3/360..."

That makes no sense.

walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
aslo, you have to grade it with the system its on, cause who the hell is buying a wii, expecting ps3 hd graphics, this makes no sence, people who own a wii know what they bought and what to expect.
A_Gamerz_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 A_Gamerz_soul
[QUOTE="A_Gamerz_soul"]

linarite

How is it that you can limit your scope in one sense, yet refuse to limit in another?

Seems merely convenient to me.

The PS2 had weaker graphics last gen, but I don't think that really deters from it's success, not does it diminish the wonderful amount of good games that can be found on it.

Why would a reviewer dismiss graphical improvements for Wii games when they take the time to do so? It would be a redundant point in every single Wii review: "well, the graphics aren't on part with PS3/360..."

That makes no sense.

Xbox had more potential than developers put to work on simply because the ps2 had more consoles out. Any ported games were barely better looking then the ps2 version to have made a difference.

handhelds are limited because i doubt people play handhelds on the same caliber as console games.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Its built with last-gen architecture and is comparable to the XBOX, its games are of a quality I feel I could have played 4 years ago. So its being judged fairly based on its capabilities.
linarite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 linarite

Xbox had more potential than developers put to work on simply because the ps2 had more consoles out. Any ported games were barely better looking then the ps2 version to have made a difference.

handhelds are limited because i doubt people play handhelds on the same caliber as console games.

A_Gamerz_soul

Handhelds are "limited" because of size.

People are just as serious about handhelds as they are with consoles, though. After all, handhelds now make up 50% of market share.

But again, why do you wish reviewers to pound a redundant message in every review?

Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts
No, they're graded unfairly because they're compared to the PS3 and 360 instead of it's own hardware. It's the exact opposite of what you're attempting to say.
_MURS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 _MURS_
Member since 2007 • 2342 Posts

aslo, you have to grade it with the system its on, cause who the hell is buying a wii, expecting ps3 hd graphics, this makes no sence, people who own a wii know what they bought and what to expect.walkerctranger

I agree with that statement....but sadly it doesnt apply to me....I was under the impression that when i bought mine it was gonna have slightly better graphics than xbox....but now, so far in its life, its games look like 1st gen ps2 games.....im kind of dissapointed

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#19 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
They don't grade graphics anymroe, where havey ou been?!?
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
I agree. A Wii game can have good graphics "for the system" and get a 10 for graphics. Meanwhile if a game on the PS3/360 has "bad" graphics for that console, it will score a 6 even if it is many times better looking than the Wii game......:|
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#22 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

I agree. A Wii game can have good graphics "for the system" and get a 10 for graphics. Meanwhile if a game on the PS3/360 has "bad" graphics for that console, it will score a 6 even if it is many times better looking than the Wii game......:|snorlaxmaster

It can mave more shaders and physics that wii can never do, but if they fail to make a world lok good and if they fail to detail it well and give it style, that is graphics failing. Graphics was never about a polycount, it was about what you do with your poly count.

darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts

First of all, wall of text, and spellcheck FTW. You can't judge the games graphics on the generation its in, that isnt fair. Thats like giving a PS2 game a 7 in graphics because Xbox games look better. You have to judge it on the hardware and what the hardware is capable of.goodlay

Well said!

Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts

I agree. A Wii game can have good graphics "for the system" and get a 10 for graphics. Meanwhile if a game on the PS3/360 has "bad" graphics for that console, it will score a 6 even if it is many times better looking than the Wii game......:|snorlaxmaster

If it looks bad for 2 systems that are equally comparable then it deserves a 6. You shouldn't compare it to the Wii. Why not add motion controls as a categorysince 2 out of the 3 have them (if you cancall the sixaxis that)and give the 360 a 0 each time and drag it's score down? Sounds about the same to me as what you're saying with the graphics.

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
Grading is based on what is on that console, not what is on other consoles.
-_Wii_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -_Wii_-
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
I dont think Wii graphics are graded fair enough at all.