Do the next gen consoles have better value than PC?

  • 117 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

33050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33050 Posts

@sovkhan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

No.

Console games are more expensive and you have to pay for online, online that is shit by the way.

Show me one person who thinks that Nintendo online is worth the money. One.

Show me a person that thinks that spending 24Bn on f2p is better????

Mobile gaming isn't gaming, so it has no place on these forums.

That's why nobody ever mentions it.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

12596

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#52 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12596 Posts

No. I will be fine with PC.

it offer everything console donot and beside most console games are heading towards PC too so why spent tons of money on console?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@rmpumper said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I think just getting a graphics card that can do 10 teraflops would cost more than $500, no?

That's today. By the time the new consoles are released, a 10TFlop GPU will cost no more than $350, plus you always get some cash by selling your old GPU, so depending on what you were aleady using, it might cost you $200-$300 in the end.

You can get cash selling your old console too. The consoles will be releasing this holiday season unless something changes. Most people aren't constantly upgrading their PC. If you are doing that then you're definitely spending more money.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

25480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25480 Posts

You can't make a PC with those kind of specs for that kind of money. So in that sense, consoles have better value. You probably don't even need to buy any accessories, as you already have a TV and get an included controller and shit. But with that said, there's a lot of costs that comes with consoles too. More expensive games. Storage. Online. A 4K TV, if you don't have one (which can cost a shitload).

It all depends on what you value, though. I happily pay more to get a PC instead of a console. With PCs you get mega graphics, options, endless game library, a workstation.. Everything you could need in one machine. Beats having a $500-$600 console that I'd barely use thanks to lack of stuff I'm used to having with PCs.

That's part of why I like pairing my PC with Nintendo consoles. Since you need their console to play their games, which happens to be really awesome games, I'm thankful for not having to pay $500-$600 to play the latest Mario because Nintendo wanted me to play it in 4K with ray tracing.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@Litchie said:

You can't make a PC with those kind of specs for that kind of money. So in that sense, consoles have better value. You probably don't even need to buy any accessories, as you already have a TV and get an included controller and shit. But with that said, there's a lot of costs that comes with consoles too. More expensive games. Storage. Online. A 4K TV, if you don't have one (which can cost a shitload).

It all depends on what you value, though. I happily pay more to get a PC instead of a console. With PCs you get mega graphics, options, endless game library, a workstation.. Everything you could need in one machine. Beats having a $500-$600 console that I'd barely use thanks to lack of stuff I'm used to having with PCs.

That's part of why I like pairing my PC with Nintendo consoles. Since you need their console to play their games, which happens to be really awesome games, I'm thankful for not having to pay $500-$600 to play the latest Mario because Nintendo wanted me to play it in 4K with ray tracing.

PC systems also age. If you want mega graphics, you're still going to have to upgrade, which you don't mind, but I'm just saying. As for more expensive games, I find that console games have caught up with PC, and in some cases, actually surpass PC. Steam sales aren't what they used to be. PSN has flash sales all the time. If you're a PS+ member, you also get additional discounts. Having to pay for online is an extra cost, but you can usually get a one year membership for $40. That one one year membership can give you discounts on games and other perks, so that does help offset the cost. But as someone pointed out here, if it's going to cost around $500 for a 10 teraflop GPU, than the consoles are definitely a great bang for your buck. But like you said, it comes down to preference.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

11469

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 11469 Posts

PSA: We hear this at the start of every gen.

With PC you save $400~ of mandatory online charges for a gen. Excluding that cost is fake, you need online these days. Also remember, most people merely have to upgrade rather than build from scratch. I would rather spend that $500 + $400 (consoles + online) on upgrades as it will run/look much better and have way more games.

Yes consoles have a much better value at the start of the gen, but are still worse gaming machines and only get worse as each year passes of said gen.

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Litchie said:

That one one year membership can give you discounts on games and other perks, so that does help offset the cost

On PC you get that too, but without monthly fees. And more features.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

28988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28988 Posts

@Litchie said:

You can't make a PC with those kind of specs for that kind of money. So in that sense, consoles have better value. You probably don't even need to buy any accessories, as you already have a TV and get an included controller and shit. But with that said, there's a lot of costs that comes with consoles too. More expensive games. Storage. Online. A 4K TV, if you don't have one (which can cost a shitload).

It all depends on what you value, though. I happily pay more to get a PC instead of a console. With PCs you get mega graphics, options, endless game library, a workstation.. Everything you could need in one machine. Beats having a $500-$600 console that I'd barely use thanks to lack of stuff I'm used to having with PCs.

That's part of why I like pairing my PC with Nintendo consoles. Since you need their console to play their games, which happens to be really awesome games, I'm thankful for not having to pay $500-$600 to play the latest Mario because Nintendo wanted me to play it in 4K with ray tracing.

Erm, no... PC has an alternative method to run Switch games :p

Switch's NVIDIA low-end CUDA GPU (about GeForce 920M level) is relatively easy to bridge into similar featured PC GPU.

The main reason to buy Switch is 1st party mobility gaming without technical knowledge.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#58 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@zaryia: to be clear, the PS+ discount is on top of the flash sale discount. So even if you don't have ps+, you still get discounts and price drops. I also doubt that most PC owners only have to make incremental upgrades. If you're constantly upgrading to keep up with the market than you're definitely spending more.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

11469

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 11469 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@zaryia: to be clear, the PS+ discount is on top of the flash sale discount. So even if you don't have ps+, you still get discounts and price drops. I also doubt that most PC owners only have to make incremental upgrades. If you're constantly upgrading to keep up with the market than you're definitely spending more.

PC gets flash sales too. There is no way I am not going to include that $300-400 extra generation costs for online payments when calculating if I should get a console or not.

I only upgrade incrementally. In total I might spend $1000 each gen. Not an insane amount more than PS4+PSN for Gen8, while getting way way better gfx/fps/online/etc. Also lets not even get into console upgrades like PS4 PRO, which would end up costing more than my PC parts when totaled if I bought both.

Will PS5 have PS5 PRO? Because that really starts to mess this argument up.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

35530

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 35530 Posts

Pffft, even Mighty X1X made the Pee Salty Seas extra turbulent and saltier than usual.

Later this year SuperMightyPowahHouse 8K 60 fps full BC XSX, yikes, their running for the hills now. :P

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

41126

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41126 Posts

$500 for next-gen consoles such as PS5/Xbox Series X is still isn't a good value compare to a PC that has many advantages. One thing few console gamers are failing to understand is that they are comparing the power of the Xbox X to a GPU. They keep using 12 TFLOPs figure, RTX 2080 is 11.3 TFLOPs. So the new XBOX is gonna surpass the 2080, right? Right?

But then, they conveniently forget that comparing an entire console system to a GPU is completely foolish. You can't compare an entire system to a GPU. Are you willing to wonder how many TFLOPs does a current gaming PC have? No? You really should.

If I was building a PC for $500, I'm doing it to have access benefit of a PC can give you. And since raw power isn't exactly what keeps me being a PC gamer. PC gaming has so many advantages to me, power is only one of them. In short, PC still has the upper-hand that next-gen consoles are still behind.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

3901

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#62 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3901 Posts

Depending on price if the x series and ps5 are priced at £499 then it's great value for what's in the box.

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
Gamerno6666

7137

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By Gamerno6666
Member since 2013 • 7137 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Why do people keep saying PC games are cheaper, it used to be that way. Not remotely true anymore.

Depends on the region. In my region I can get PC games far cheaper than console game. Like one third of the price. Take Metro Exodus for example, on PC it was $19.99 and on PS4 it was $59.99.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#64 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@zaryia said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@zaryia: to be clear, the PS+ discount is on top of the flash sale discount. So even if you don't have ps+, you still get discounts and price drops. I also doubt that most PC owners only have to make incremental upgrades. If you're constantly upgrading to keep up with the market than you're definitely spending more.

PC gets flash sales too. There is no way I am not going to include that $300-400 extra generation costs for online payments when calculating if I should get a console or not.

I only upgrade incrementally. In total I might spend $1000 each gen. Not an insane amount more than PS4+PSN for Gen8, while getting way way better gfx/fps/online/etc. Also lets not even get into console upgrades like PS4 PRO, which would end up costing more than my PC parts when totaled if I bought both.

Will PS5 have PS5 PRO? Because that really starts to mess this argument up.

You're right, online costs are still a cost. From my experience, you can usually get PS+ for around $40 if you wait for a sale. You can get one right now on CD keys for $38. So realistically, it's been around $250 a generation for me. I've also saved money and have been given games as well. But sure, paying online is a cost that console players have to endure if they want to play online. I'm not sure what you mean about way better online. From my experience, there are usually more people gaming online on console, than PC. That helps keep the game alive. You say way better graphics.. have you played games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn? They're stunning games. And I have a gaming PC (GTX 980ti). I would say the biggest advantage PC would have isn't really graphics, just performance. And from my experience, except for a few occasions (Bloodborne, Breath of the Wild), frame rate hasn't been that bad this gen. And next gen, I think the graphics/performance gap will be even smaller between consoles and PCs. You would have to pay a crap load of money to see a huge difference on your PC. If you noticed, the most popular games on PC aren't even the most graphically intensive games. I doubt the average PC gamer has a super powerful gaming rig.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

28988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#65  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28988 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

To fall between PS5 and XSX

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LZNFHB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($298.99 @ B&H)

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($133.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($135.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($204.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card ($484.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.95 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair CV 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.98 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($49.88 @ Other World Computing)

Total: $1387.75

-----------------

Targeting XSX compute hardware with 1TB SSD PCI-E 4.0

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gZVTtp

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($298.99 @ B&H)

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($133.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($135.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($204.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card ($623.99 @ Best Buy)

Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.95 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair CV 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.98 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($49.88 @ Other World Computing)

Total: $1526.76

From https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-gaming-x-trio/37.html

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING X TRIO has 1969 Mhz average which yields 12.098 TFLOPS average.

Total memory bandwidth: ~500 GB/s

AMD's cheaper A520 and B550 PCI-E 4.0 based motherboards are missing in action. Is AMD addicted to X570 chipset's profits?

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

7346

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#66 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7346 Posts

I have a PC and is tempting to upgrade especially considering the PS3 emulator is getting good and Switch emulator is playable. Good news for me cause Sony aint going to do PS3 BC and I dont really love my switch.

Will definitely get the next gen console though.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

7346

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7346 Posts

I have a PC and is tempting to upgrade especially considering the PS3 emulator is getting good and Switch emulator is playable. Good news for me cause Sony aint going to do PS3 BC and I dont really love my switch.

Will definitely get the next gen console though. Bloodborne 2 plis.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

12378

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12378 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I usually spend 300-500 per "gen" in misc incremental upgrades. "Maintaining" my PC is a lot like buying a console costwise.

For example, my only purchase this gen was a 13TF Vega 64 for $300

Mind you, that's not to say the PS5 and XSX won't beat my PC powerwise. They will. But I also dont need to care - I upgrade my PC when my games now longer run the way I want, not when someone releases a new console. That being said, I think you're basically looking at an XBox 360 type situation here - the consoles will release near, but not at, the cutting edge of graphical capabilities (not the best CPU, either - that's already true before their release), and then in about a year their gpus will be considered midrange.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

28988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#69  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28988 Posts

@davillain- said:

$500 for next-gen consoles such as PS5/Xbox Series X is still isn't a good value compare to a PC that has many advantages. One thing few console gamers are failing to understand is that they are comparing the power of the Xbox X to a GPU. They keep using 12 TFLOPs figure, RTX 2080 is 11.3 TFLOPs. So the new XBOX is gonna surpass the 2080, right? Right?

But then, they conveniently forget that comparing an entire console system to a GPU is completely foolish. You can't compare an entire system to a GPU. Are you willing to wonder how many TFLOPs does a current gaming PC have? No? You really should.

If I was building a PC for $500, I'm doing it to have access benefit of a PC can give you. And since raw power isn't exactly what keeps me being a PC gamer. PC gaming has so many advantages to me, power is only one of them. In short, PC still has the upper-hand that next-gen consoles are still behind.

Actual RTX 2080 FE has a higher TFLOPS rating.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-founders-edition/37.html

NVIDIA's RTX 2080 FE has 1897 Mhz average which yields 11.655 TFLOPS average.

Turing CUDA core has split INT32 and FP32 units, hence RTX 2080 FE has 11.655 TIOPS INT32 and 11.655 TFLOPS FP32

Most current gaming workloads has minor INT usage.

According to RDNA v1, CU's ALUs shares integer and floating-point workload.

In terms of TOPS with minor INT and heavy TFLOPS usage, RTX 2080 is similar to XSX GPU at this point.

Game programmers could dig out PS3 era encoded integer HDR tricks and improve RTX 2080's integer usage while AMD counterpart doesn't have extra integer shader ALU resource.

Turing is not fully maximized with current games.

On Turing, RT, floating-point, DirectML and integer workloads have dedicated ALU resources.

On RDNA v1, floating-point, DirectML and integer workloads have shared ALU resources.

On RDNA v2...unknown. Not enough information. RT workloads have dedicated resources that runs in parallel to shader ALUs.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

28988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#70  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28988 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@SolidGame_basic: I usually spend 300-500 per "gen" in misc incremental upgrades. "Maintaining" my PC is a lot like buying a console costwise.

For example, my only purchase this gen was a 13TF Vega 64 for $300

Mind you, that's not to say the PS5 and XSX won't beat my PC powerwise. They will. But I also dont need to care - I upgrade my PC when my games now longer run the way I want, not when someone releases a new console. That being said, I think you're basically looking at an XBox 360 type situation here - the consoles will release near, but not at, the cutting edge of graphical capabilities (not the best CPU, either - that's already true before their release), and then in about a year their gpus will be considered midrange.

PS5's variable clock speed may force PS5 game developers to factor in variable performance which could be laying the groundwork for post-PS5 hardware.

Due to variable hardware performance, PC game developers use the static high-performance timer to pace and scale gameplay events in program code. DirectX API handles resource tracking that factors in variable hardware performance.

More information from http://www.mvps.org/directx/articles/selecting_timer_functions.htm when creating PC game engine from scratch.

PS5's variable clock speed may not be a trivial matter which has impacts on PS5's game design.

Each game console generation moves closer to PCs while game console-style API efficiencies are ported over to PCs. Game consoles have well define hardware specs and good DRM.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
JoshRMeyer

10535

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#71  Edited By JoshRMeyer  Online
Member since 2015 • 10535 Posts

Not sure if it was mentioned, but some on here saying PC games are cheaper... if you buy physical games, which I dont think you can on PC anymore, then you can trade them in for cash or towards another game. I ended up paying $2 for uncharted this way. Of course I dont own the game anymore but do you really own the game in digital land anyways? Has anyone mention the benefits of having a closed box and proprietary hardware like the ps5 has with audio? The fact that you never have to troubleshoot a console, hardware or software? Theres advantages for both, but I personally love that a console cost $300-$500. That's cheap for what you get. Adding in online cost is negated when you factor in the games you get with it each month and the discounts. I look forward to seeing how much a ready-to-go PC costs when the new consoles launch that will give me the same experience as console. Im guessing the price will be far above $1000+.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

41126

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#72 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41126 Posts

@ronvalencia: Well, guess you teach me some new tricks. Thanks for the clarification I guess.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

28988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#73  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28988 Posts

@sakaixx said:

I have a PC and is tempting to upgrade especially considering the PS3 emulator is getting good and Switch emulator is playable. Good news for me cause Sony aint going to do PS3 BC and I dont really love my switch.

Will definitely get the next gen console though. Bloodborne 2 plis.

Switch emulator was expected. PC GPU's vector instructions are usually very wide which can easily re-map to all PC GPUs.

Avatar image for sovkhan
sovkhan

1396

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#74 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1396 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Pc numbers there!!!

Mobile are something like 68.5 Bn!!!!

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

33050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#75 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33050 Posts

@sovkhan: Mobile 'gaming'

Because it's not really.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62383

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#76 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62383 Posts

No. Consoles are still pretty bad.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

12596

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#77 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 12596 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

No. Consoles are still pretty bad.

for once i agree.

no point of buying a console.

Xbox going full PC.

Playstation will continue the trend of shitty third person movie games.

Nintendo still target towards kids.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#78 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No. Consoles are still pretty bad.

for once i agree.

no point of buying a console.

Xbox going full PC.

Playstation will continue the trend of shitty third person movie games.

Nintendo still target towards kids.

Have you actually played Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc?

Avatar image for narlymech
narlymech

1786

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#79 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 1786 Posts

I'll never go back to PC. Once I got used to controller for FPS, I've had more fun than ever playing them. PC is a money pit anyway.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

12378

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#80 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12378 Posts

@narlymech: ...you realize you can play FPS with a controller on pc too...

(Although... As someone who uses both I think you're nuts ;-) )

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

28988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#81  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28988 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

For the "PC", if you earn enough taxable income and working in the right industry, taxpayer subsidies murders game consoles in value.

PC's "business machine" classification is not a paperweight.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

17796

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#82 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 17796 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Have you actually played Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc?

Come on now bro.

Ghosts trying more than a couple of fps, maybe a tps a year? Nah. That's why this man sees a "new" feature in a game he likes, loses his shit thinking its revolutionary when it's usually standard stuff.

Should see the "My goodness!" and "Deep breath" nonsense he's saying about clearing Doom encounters. Not even realizing there's an entire action genre that gives you higher highs and greater sense of accomplishment.

Avatar image for Willy105
Willy105

25030

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#83  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25030 Posts

@narlymech said:

I'll never go back to PC. Once I got used to controller for FPS, I've had more fun than ever playing them. PC is a money pit anyway.

You can use a controller for most FPS on PC. And why is it a money pit? The only way they become a money pit is if you keep buying parts for some reason....unlike consoles where you need to keep adding money to it to even play online.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#84 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Have you actually played Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc?

Come on now bro.

Ghosts trying more than a couple of fps, maybe a tps a year? Nah. That's why this man sees a "new" feature in a game he likes, loses his shit thinking its revolutionary when it's usually standard stuff.

Should see the "My goodness!" and "Deep breath" nonsense he's saying about clearing Doom encounters. Not even realizing there's an entire action genre that gives you higher highs and greater sense of accomplishment.

Lol. Imagine Ghost trying to get through a game like The Last of Us? Imagine his reaction to encountering a Clicker.

Avatar image for tenaka2
tenaka2

17261

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#85 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17261 Posts

People are hermits because it's the best gaming experience. Cost is not a factor.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
KungfuKitten

27106

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#86 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27106 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

People are hermits because it's the best gaming experience. Cost is not a factor.

Cost is a factor XD

Avatar image for Star67
Star67

4575

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#87 Star67
Member since 2005 • 4575 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Or you know people with kids and a mortgage to pay. Since $1,500 is a mortgage payment for the month, or you know spending that money on your family.

What an out of touch answer you gave. I get it, if you're rich sure $1500 isn't a lot of money, or even if you make decent money and live by yourself, sure go ahead and pay that much for a toy.

But $1500 is a lot of money to some people....especially people with families and responisbilites other than playing video games. grow up dude

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

16377

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#88 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 16377 Posts

@Star67 said:

@br0kenrabbit: Or you know people with kids and a mortgage to pay. Since $1,500 is a mortgage payment for the month, or you know spending that money on your family.

What an out of touch answer you gave. I get it, if you're rich sure $1500 isn't a lot of money, or even if you make decent money and live by yourself, sure go ahead and pay that much for a toy.

But $1500 is a lot of money to some people....especially people with families and responisbilites other than playing video games. grow up dude

We're on a forum called 'System Wars' where people intentionally take jabs at each other because that's the meta on this forum.

And I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
DragonfireXZ95

25931

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#89  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25931 Posts

Already have a 2080 Ti and 9900k. I spent a pretty penny, but I won't need to upgrade for a long while if I don't have to. On top of that, we get free online, free games, many more mods, our choice of controls, 100+ Hz and FPS options, graphics options such as ray tracing and FoV, etc.

The insane amount of positives outweigh the price if this is a hobby we're heavily invested in.

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

138

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 138 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Pffft, even Mighty X1X made the Pee Salty Seas extra turbulent and saltier than usual.

Later this year SuperMightyPowahHouse 8K 60 fps full BC XSX, yikes, their running for the hills now. :P

I know you just like to have fun and messing around in this forum, but I am sure your know that there is no way in hell the XSX will do 8K 60 or even 8K 30 in any modern AAA game. It will do 4K 60 for sure in most games though. Keep having fun though.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62383

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#91 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62383 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No. Consoles are still pretty bad.

for once i agree.

no point of buying a console.

Xbox going full PC.

Playstation will continue the trend of shitty third person movie games.

Nintendo still target towards kids.

Have you actually played Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc?

2 of them have mediocre gameplay, God of War is good, but a whole lot of unskippable shit. Last of Us is good but pretty generic.

The movie game knock is a bit exhausting at this point, but the general energy that the sony first party titles are pretty unimpressive to purchase a machine holds value. Because Dad of War combat while good, is wildly outclassed by its Japanese contemporaries. Then, now, probably forever. Tho it certainly sells more.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

25345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#92 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 25345 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No. Consoles are still pretty bad.

for once i agree.

no point of buying a console.

Xbox going full PC.

Playstation will continue the trend of shitty third person movie games.

Nintendo still target towards kids.

Have you actually played Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc?

2 of them have mediocre gameplay, God of War is good, but a whole lot of unskippable shit. Last of Us is good but pretty generic.

The movie game knock is a bit exhausting at this point, but the general energy that the sony first party titles are pretty unimpressive to purchase a machine holds value. Because Dad of War combat while good, is wildly outclassed by its Japanese contemporaries. Then, now, probably forever. Tho it certainly sells more.

Plot twist. Champ is Ghost all along lol.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62383

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#93 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62383 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@jg4xchamp said:

2 of them have mediocre gameplay, God of War is good, but a whole lot of unskippable shit. Last of Us is good but pretty generic.

The movie game knock is a bit exhausting at this point, but the general energy that the sony first party titles are pretty unimpressive to purchase a machine holds value. Because Dad of War combat while good, is wildly outclassed by its Japanese contemporaries. Then, now, probably forever. Tho it certainly sells more.

Plot twist. Champ is Ghost all along lol.

Could not pay me enough money to make excuses for those shitty Mafia games.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

17796

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#94 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 17796 Posts

Don't lie, I got receipts like Tormentos.

Avatar image for lhughey
lhughey

4671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#95  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4671 Posts

Yes. Consoles are mass produced with a certain configuration so the company gets mass discounts. Also, consoles are often sold for losses. Both those things make consoles are very strong value, especially early in their release.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

62383

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#96 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62383 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: I want the Hamid of that picture asap. There is an old gufu thread that covers my slow descent into the realization of what I bought lol

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

17796

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#97 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 17796 Posts

No real Hamid about it, was just back when I was Photoshoping fake DMs for the lulz.

Think I did it to troll Cashangry at first, then said **** it and went in on everyone lol.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

3230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#98 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3230 Posts

How can they be good value when they will probably be discontinued mid gen in favor of streaming. Woot woot!

Avatar image for 560ti
560ti

199

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#99  Edited By 560ti
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

think it would be pretty hard to make a PC with that kind of tech for $500. Do you agree, SW? Or does the Master Race know a way?

It's hard to say because by mid 2021 where going to have 2 generations of PC advancement since then.

If your smart there's definately good deals out there. Brother just bought a discounted PC at microcenter and then put $260 in it upgrading SSD, powersupply, and video card. 6 core Intel processor, more than enough ram, and near GTX 1080 performance all in for $540.

Give it 2 generations of advancement and that same priced PC might be faster than the console.

If you've already invested in PC then re-using parts is a big factor also in terms of value. I can't open my PS4 and upgrade it to PS5 specs at a discount. I can on PC though, for example if 2021 rolls around and I want to upgrade I can re-use most of my PC into the new build (powersupply, aftermarket CPU heatsink, case, copy of windows, 4k disc drive, SSD). Being able to re-use your initial investment is great

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

19909

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#100  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19909 Posts

For me, consoles have always been and will always be, better value.