Do not release the alarms ninty

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

An article on gammesindustry talks about how ninty is doing fine right now and how they may still be safe this gen.The article also mentions how the WiiU beat the 360'd and PS3's launch numbers.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-01-nintendo-no-need-for-alarm

I think ninty will be fine in the end and I agree with rhis article.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
Fanboy sales are over,it's only downhill from now on and will get massively worse once PS4 is shown on the 20th :P
ComBaTsOuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ComBaTsOuL
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

I normally buy all consoles but there is something about the wii u that doesn't suck me in, it feels like to me that they have finally decided to join this gen it doesn't feel like a next gen console to me..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Sales again? Yeah it'll sell fine.
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

It's too late.....escape pods have been jettisoned.....

game ovah

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I think it is mostly MS paid media raising alarm.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Sales again? Yeah it'll sell fine.locopatho

I'm a little skeptical about that too, actually.

It seems the people who got the Wii for "family fun" don't find anything of interest on the WiiU.

It's more a "classic" game console and the screened controller doesn't change that.

And the people who didn't get the Wii are not interested either because they want more power and "realistic" games and full developer support.

So they are left basically just with Nintendo fans and the "open-minded" gamer.

And even among the fanbase there's a divide, i.e. some like the concept of the system while others don't.

It will maybe take more than just a stellar 1st party/exclusive line-up of games to push this system into more homes.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Sales again? Yeah it'll sell fine.nameless12345

I'm a little skeptical about that too, actually.

It seems the people who got the Wii for "family fun" don't find anything of interest on the WiiU.

It's more a "classic" game console and the screened controller doesn't change that.

And the people who didn't get the Wii are not interested either because they want more power and "realistic" games and full developer support.

So they are left basically just with Nintendo fans and the "open-minded" gamer.

And even among the fanbase there's a divide, i.e. some like the concept of the system while others don't.

It will maybe take more than just a stellar 1st party/exclusive line-up of games to push this system into more homes.

It's a new system and will be regarded as such. I don't understand why people always cling to the past when estimating console sales. We have seen in the past that if the predecessor sold bad or great, it has seemingly no influence at all on the next console of that company. The Wii U doesn't need to attract Wii owners at all. It's a different console.
I do see 'concerns' in that the Wii U is not super powerful and that will indeed turn some people away.
And it is not marketed to casuals at all for now. I don't think that they are very interested yet either.
So I think you're right in that this leaves a significantly smaller market than the Wii, but let's not forget they do the most important thing right: They make awesome first party games. I think their sales will be fine, if you do not compare them to an anomaly like the Wii.

Now, their competition are either going to fight an impossible battle with the PC if they are powerful, or they will have to beat Nintendo at appealing to casuals. I think both of those options are not too good either. They should probably be more concerned. For some peculiar reason the western media only depicts Nintendo as doomed, while their competitors are exciting and promising? I don't think that they know what they are talking about.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The Wii U will probably be a success in the end, but more likely in the way that the gamecube was a "success" as opposed to how the Wii was a success. Maybe a bit better than GC level.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Why are people's usernames colors changing now?

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

The Wii U will probably be a success in the end, but more likely in the way that the gamecube was a "success" as opposed to how the Wii was a success. Maybe a bit better than GC level.

DJ-Lafleur

I always thought it would sell significantly less than the Wii, but I'm still convinced it will do significantly better than the GC (my favourite console of all times, btw). Let's say it again : the WiiU has as of now already sold about 20% of total Gamecube sales.