Do Lems really think MS will do well next gen?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
The PS3 was the most expensive console ever. It didn't have a good game for nearly 2 years. 360 had a year head start. MS abandoned gamers for the casuals while Sony sticked to the core who are a much smaller audience. PS3 was a nightmare to develop for. MS had all those things in their favour this gen and still came last (or will on the next few months). Just imagine how bad they're going to do next gen. Don't forget their 1st party is much worse than it was at the start of this gen. Mooooooooooooooo
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
weak
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
There's nothing official about the next xbox, but if it's gonna mainly aim at the casual, there's a good chance it'll be a success. However, it depends on the price point & marketing (what MS is very good at) as well. Also, there's a decent chance that Sony will fvck up another gen, we'll have to see.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

I think MS should offer a 100$ rebate to anyone trading in a Wii or Wii U or ps3 for the 720...Sort of like car dealers do where they offer you beyond value for your clunker in order to sell you a new vehicle...PS...MS I am available:cool:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
Great points, but I think Kinect(lol) 2.0 will do well enough with MS's main focus which is the casual demographic.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Doesn't matter. There is nothing Microsoft can do to change anyone's minds. An ignorant fanboy is just that. Sony could go belly-up and cancel the PS4 and some moron like hei68 or Eddie-Vedder will make some ignorant post (like they always do) about how the 360 or 720 has no games (like they always do), and then when proof gets shown to them they will either simply ignore it or start making up some dumdass rule on why something does or doesn't count (like they always do.).

So, for the 100th time......As long as Microsoft has Halo, Gears, Forza, Alan Wake, 3rd party support, movie and music apps, and good XBLA games, Lems will buy it. I will buy it. Any other exclusive like a Kameo, PGR, or a good spin-off like Forza Horizon (Which is nothing like Forza 4 but you all are just too stupid to get that in your utter) then Lems and Microsoft are gonna be fine.

The PS3 already showed that having more exclusives and slightly better hardware only matters in a forum. In real life the PS3 was a miserable failure. Sony lost half their market. The only thing the PS3 gave me entertainment wise was watching Kuraimen hype it to Hell even though is parents could never offord to get him one. That is about all the value the PS3 gave me this gen. And yes....I have pics of my PS3 and collection if you girls wanna go that route.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

The PS3 was the most expensive console ever. It didn't have a good game for nearly 2 years. 360 had a year head start. MS abandoned gamers for the casuals while Sony sticked to the core who are a much smaller audience. PS3 was a nightmare to develop for. MS had all those things in their favour this gen and still came last (or will on the next few months). Just imagine how bad they're going to do next gen. Don't forget their 1st party is much worse than it was at the start of this gen. MoooooooooooooooBigBoss255

I've said this so many time just to have idiots like Game,  RROD,  Lundy, Mems,  Clone 01, Can you Digit, Delta, and Strong Dead Lift,  blindly disagree. Delta even went as far as to say 360 was held back by PS2 because it was "direct competition" :lol: PS3 had to deal with lot of mistakes on Sony part and PS3 is still the top HD console in the world. Imagine what will happen when Sony releases PS4 with no hurdles to overcome. This means that the XBox brand has very little chance of ever being more popular than the PlayStation brand. This is simple logic but they call anyone who believes this a cow. 

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NineTailedGoku

weak mems_1224

You're supposed to talk about the topic at hand,  not find one word to describe yourself..... 

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]The PS3 was the most expensive console ever. It didn't have a good game for nearly 2 years. 360 had a year head start. MS abandoned gamers for the casuals while Sony sticked to the core who are a much smaller audience. PS3 was a nightmare to develop for. MS had all those things in their favour this gen and still came last (or will on the next few months). Just imagine how bad they're going to do next gen. Don't forget their 1st party is much worse than it was at the start of this gen. MoooooooooooooooNineTailedGoku

I've said this so many time just to have idiots like Game,  RROD,  Lundy, Mems,  Clone 01, Can you Digit, Delta, and Strong Dead Lift,  blindly disagree. Delta even went as far as to say 360 was held back by PS2 because it was "direct competition" :lol: PS3 had to deal with lot of mistakes on Sony part and PS3 is still the top HD console in the world. Imagine what will happen when Sony releases PS4 with no hurdles to overcome. This means that the XBox brand has very little chance of ever being more popular than the PlayStation brand. This is simple logic but they call anyone who believes this a cow. 

The only reason it caught up at all is because it is fully piratable. developers will speak who gets the most games overall and in what quality. Who would bet their livelyhood on Sonys awful security this generation.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Halo4, ands it's sales, are positive ways at looking at the next Xbox.
radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 radoman
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. To account for the Ps3s meager performance compared with prevous gens.

How ever you slice it, Sony lost market share and MS gained a lot.  Fail for Sony win for MS

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]The PS3 was the most expensive console ever. It didn't have a good game for nearly 2 years. 360 had a year head start. MS abandoned gamers for the casuals while Sony sticked to the core who are a much smaller audience. PS3 was a nightmare to develop for. MS had all those things in their favour this gen and still came last (or will on the next few months). Just imagine how bad they're going to do next gen. Don't forget their 1st party is much worse than it was at the start of this gen. MoooooooooooooooNineTailedGoku

And you blindly ignore the fact that Sony is the world wide preferred console, has been for a long time by a large margin. You cows act like you made this stunning victory against all odds, when the odds were in your favor. You weren't and still aren't the underdog you make yourself out to be. fact is the PS3 was not the success Sony was banking on. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine, but from the industry standpoint, nobody is ever looking to copy the PS3's strategy.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

They'll do well over here in the States but that's it, I think.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I think they should do very well indeed. Their first party has in fact expanded a lot, Kinect will be included from the start and many Gold members will be happy to bend over once more. Doing well is about more than coming in first or second place.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

WELL- The one thing that people seem to ignore is that when you look at the marketshare of the PS3 versus the PS2 you'd see that the PS3 isn't doing nearly as well and a lot of that has to do with the X360 which has gained a significant amount versus the Xbox. So while the PS3 has lost at least a quarter of the users it once had, the Xbox brand has doubled it's amount of users on top of the fact that it has established a very robust userbase to it's XBL subscription service.

But keep your head in the sand if you like. Simple logic my ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]The PS3 was the most expensive console ever. It didn't have a good game for nearly 2 years. 360 had a year head start. MS abandoned gamers for the casuals while Sony sticked to the core who are a much smaller audience. PS3 was a nightmare to develop for. MS had all those things in their favour this gen and still came last (or will on the next few months). Just imagine how bad they're going to do next gen. Don't forget their 1st party is much worse than it was at the start of this gen. Moooooooooooooooheretrix

WELL- The one thing that people seem to ignore is that when you look at the marketshare of the PS3 versus the PS2 you'd see that the PS3 isn't doing nearly as well and a lot of that has to do with the X360 which has gained a significant amount versus the Xbox. So while the PS3 has lost at least a quarter of the users it once had, the Xbox brand has doubled it's amount of users on top of the fact that it has established a very robust userbase to it's XBL subscription service.

This. And that brand name will only become stronger as Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Xbox 8's traction grows and grows. If both consoles are around the same power, what will the PS4 offer unique to the platform? some potential exclusives down the line? big whoop...... XXbox LIVE as a brand is far more powerful than PSN, more user freindly and serves alot more purposes.
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NineTailedGoku

Doesn't matter. There is nothing Microsoft can do to change anyone's minds. An ignorant fanboy is just that. Sony could go belly-up and cancel the PS4 and some moron like hei68 or Eddie-Vedder will make some ignorant post (like they always do) about how the 360 or 720 has no games (like they always do), and then when proof gets shown to them they will either simply ignore it or start making up some dumdass rule on why something does or doesn't count (like they always do.).

So, for the 100th time......As long as Microsoft has Halo, Gears, Forza, Alan Wake, 3rd party support, movie and music apps, and good XBLA games, Lems will buy it. I will buy it. Any other exclusive like a Kameo, PGR, or a good spin-off like Forza Horizon (Which is nothing like Forza 4 but you all are just too stupid to get that in your utter) then Lems and Microsoft are gonna be fine.

The PS3 already showed that having more exclusives and slightly better hardware only matters in a forum. In real life the PS3 was a miserable failure. Sony lost half their market. The only thing the PS3 gave me entertainment wise was watching Kuraimen hype it to Hell even though is parents could never offord to get him one. That is about all the value the PS3 gave me this gen. And yes....I have pics of my PS3 and collection if you girls wanna go that route.

timbers_WSU

Yeah,  PS3 is such a miserable failure it outsold the 360 worldwide and has been selling faster since it arrived. PS3 only seems lackluster when it's compared to PS2 sales,  but let's be realistic. Nothing was ever going to repeat PS2s success to begin with. The market just isn't built for it anymore with Cellphones and tablets. Had PS3 not had the hurdles in the OP,  360 wouldn't have been such a big player this gen. In the end,  PS3 outsold 360 and proves Xbox will never be more popular worldwide than PlayStation. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

MBirdy88

This. And that brand name will only become stronger as Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Xbox 8's traction grows and grows. If both consoles are around the same power, what will the PS4 offer unique to the platform? some potential exclusives down the line? big whoop...... XXbox LIVE as a brand is far more powerful than PSN, more user freindly and serves alot more purposes.

I'll make a correction here, the Xbox platform and Nintendo have more than TRIPLED their userbases versus their last gen counterparts while Sony's has shrunk. It's incredible how people ignore that. Ther's no way to tell how the next gen consoles will fare, but this gen has been nothing short of a disappointment for the Playstation brand. Personally I think the PS3 is a great console but it's nowhere near as successful as the PS2 at more than 150 million consoles worldwide.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="heretrix"]WELL- The one thing that people seem to ignore is that when you look at the marketshare of the PS3 versus the PS2 you'd see that the PS3 isn't doing nearly as well and a lot of that has to do with the X360 which has gained a significant amount versus the Xbox. So while the PS3 has lost at least a quarter of the users it once had, the Xbox brand has doubled it's amount of users on top of the fact that it has established a very robust userbase to it's XBL subscription service.

heretrix

I'll make a correction here, the Xbox platform and Nintendo have more than TRIPLED their userbases versus their last gen counterparts while Sony's has shrunk. It's incredible how people ignore that. Ther's no way to tell how the next gen consoles will fare, but this gen has been nothing short of a disappointment for the Playstation brand. Personally I think the PS3 is a great console but it's nowhere near as successful as the PS2 at more than 150 million consoles worldwide.

Of which 50 mil was sold this generation. PS2 was around 100 mil sold this time last gen. :| jus sayin. 

radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 radoman

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

NineTailedGoku

Yeah,  PS3 is such a miserable failure it outsold the 360 worldwide and has been selling faster since it arrived. PS3 only seems lackluster when it's compared to PS2 sales,  but let's be realistic. Nothing was ever going to repeat PS2s success to begin with. The market just isn't built for it anymore with Cellphones and tablets. Had PS3 not had the hurdles in the OP,  360 wouldn't have been such a big player this gen. In the end,  PS3 outsold 360 and proves Xbox will never be more popular worldwide than PlayStation. 

More excuses.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

radoman

More excuses.

he's gotta rationalize his blind devotion to sony somehow.
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NineTailedGoku

360 succeeded because of Sony's mistakes,  anyone that denies this is fooling themselves. Well just have to agree to disagree until this is proven next gen 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 heretrix

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

NineTailedGoku

Don't sit there and make dumbass excuses for the Playstation when they HAVE failed miserably compared to the PS2. How is it that Nintendo and MS can improve their numbers but Sony can't coming off of the domination of the PS2? I thought that the PS3's success was a given? That's if you go by what cows were saying in 2005 and are stupidly repeating now.

This proves that the excuses are really dumb. How can the Playstation brand be stronger when it's the only brand that has LOST marketshare?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 heretrix

360 succeeded because of Sony's mistakes,  anyone that denies this is fooling themselves. Well just have to agree to disagree until this is proven next gen 

NineTailedGoku

The fact of the matter is THEY SUCCEEDED.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
The 360 had a 50% failure rate and still outsold the PS3. Imagine what the 720 will do if it's reliable. The PS1 and PS2 did so well because there was no competition. Those days are over.
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="radoman"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

mems_1224

More excuses.

Blind,  devotion? I go where the games are. And for 3 generations,  that's been PlayStation. Halo,  Gears,  and Forza are tired. If Sony and MS swapped business strategies I would easily prefer Xbox. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="radoman"]

More excuses.

NineTailedGoku

Blind,  devotion? I go where the games are. And for 3 generations,  that's been PlayStation. Halo,  Gears,  and Forza are tired. If Sony and MS swapped business strategies I would easily prefer Xbox. 

sure you do buddy. sure you do
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NineTailedGoku

The 360 had a 50% failure rate and still outsold the PS3. Imagine what the 720 will do if it's reliable. The PS1 and PS2 did so well because there was no competition. Those days are over.Miketheman83

Yeah dumbass,  that failure rate is what inflated 360s sales early on but keep pretending that held 360 back much when RROD hasn't been a huge factor since 2009.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]The 360 had a 50% failure rate and still outsold the PS3. Imagine what the 720 will do if it's reliable. The PS1 and PS2 did so well because there was no competition. Those days are over.NineTailedGoku

Yeah dumbass,  that failure rate is what inflated 360s sales early on but keep pretending that held 360 back much when RROD hasn't been a huge factor since 2009.

by that logic, the DRE inflated PS2 sales and was a huge factor in the PS2's success
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

heretrix

So did Sony. Thing is MS won't be handed their success next gen. They'll actually have to work for it by making exclusives and unique reasons to get their platform. 

radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 radoman

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]The 360 had a 50% failure rate and still outsold the PS3. Imagine what the 720 will do if it's reliable. The PS1 and PS2 did so well because there was no competition. Those days are over.NineTailedGoku

I doubt it increased as much as it decreased from the negative press. One could argue that rrod drove ps3 sales up from ppl jumping ship

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

The 360 has a free three year warranty for the failures. You think everybody who got the RROD went and bought another instead of getting theirs fixed for free? Are you mentally challenged?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 heretrix

Consoles that are swapped out for broken units aren't counted as sales genius. 

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts
Lems heard the same thing before the start of this gen and everything worked out fine
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]The 360 had a 50% failure rate and still outsold the PS3. Imagine what the 720 will do if it's reliable. The PS1 and PS2 did so well because there was no competition. Those days are over.mems_1224

by that logic, the DRE inflated PS2 sales and was a huge factor in the PS2's success

DRE DID inflate PS2 numbers dumbass. Was I really gonna deny that? Funny how anyone here that's pro Sony is branded a blind cow that'll defend anything Sony. I admit plenty of PS3s faults such as the online could he better,  the UI could be faster, etc. It's Xdrones such as yourself that can't even admit Xbox live should be free and MS doesn't try hard enough with exclusives despite being the richest company of the three. But yes,  DRE did inflate PS2 numbers. However,  I'll leave you with 2 facts. DRE was far far less common than RROD,  and PS2 outsold the completion 5 to 2 anyway. 360 isn't dominating sh1t. Cry some moar. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NineTailedGoku

So did Sony. Thing is MS won't be handed their success next gen. They'll actually have to work for it by making exclusives and unique reasons to get their platform. 

So wait- The fact that MS outmaneuvered and out marketed Sony this gen isn't putting in the work? I won't even mention XBL (oh, wait.)

You are hilarious.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cainetao11

NineTailedGoku
So it was all about Sony? There was no positive work done by the marketing department, and as Usual NO GOOD GAMES, that enticed the consumer to buy it. See that's why cows are so hated. It's this non sense. I always give praise to Sony and Nintendo for the great experiences I get from them, and many here would say I'm a Lem. Yet when it comes to MS it's all Sony's fault that it actually did pretty good considering their own bone head screw ups like RROD, and mp attached to gold. You guys really don't see the pattern ridiculousness here? You're so DEVOTED to a company that even if a another company does well, it's only because of you're loves error.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

You know, you raise a good point.

MS is only going to get worse and Sony has none of the things dragging them down with the PS4.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

On cow speculation, no. But their accuracy with hype predictions do them no favours.

Wait until e3 before you claim victory. In fact any sane person would wait a couple of years. Just because Sony are unveiling doesn't mean they win, it just means they're unveiling. MS are doing it at e3.

Like this whole casual thing doesn't actually exist. There's no basis but things cows made up. The Xbox caters to two different groups and only Kinect is for the casuals and no ones forcing anyone to play that.

And cows can go on about the year head strat until they're blue in the face, but that wasn't to win anything. It was to get brand attention and all the 3rd party support. Mission accomplished.

They 50/50ed with Playstation this gen, that's an accomplishment. A company that murdered the competition two gens in a row to the point where people thought they owned console gaming.

If the cows think MS won't push damn hard againt Sony next gen, then they're fooling themselves. MS won't let go of the what they gained this gen. And if Sony is unveiling on the 20th, I think that's a mistake. It gives MS time to adapt. If I was Sony I wouldn't unveil until the summer so it becomes way too late to adapt.

DoctorHim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DoctorHim
Member since 2002 • 19150 Posts

It's been a little while for me posting here, but let's see if I still have the hang of it...

First off...for those who don't remember about 15 or so years ago (yeah...it's been that long), I laid out what was going to happen in my old "Prescription" posts.  Got a lot of stuff right (which is easy to remember) and I'm sure some stuff wrong (though I can't recall those things as much).  The one thing I got absolutely dead on right was Microsoft and where they were headed in gaming.  So for the next gen...

Microsoft will be fine.  They have an established fanbase and gaming was ALWAYS a defensive move for Microsoft anyway.  Even more so that ever now.

The Xbox and more importantly Xbox Live is what links their dying desktop business (where they are still dominant) to the exploding mobile business (where they are an afterthought).  When Xbox was released it was a defensive move to protect Windows and at least keep the market fragmented.  Now it has to prop up the Windows phone at least until they can truly merge their operating systems. 

Xbox just might be Microsoft's most important product line so in that vein it BETTER be at least comparable to the PS4. 

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am historically a Sega - Xbox fan.  With that said...I'd bet on the PS4 beating the Xbox 720 in terms of "performance".  Whether that turns into sales is something for another day, but Microsoft just like with the original Xbox doesn't have to "win".  They just have to keep Sony from running away and becoming dominant.

If that were to happen...a Sony/Google alliance (to fend off Samsung) with a dominant PS4 running a desktop version of Android (I'd bet my house that Google is working on this) would be curtains for Microsoft.

Hmmm...looks like my 8 year vacation from this spot is over.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cainetao11

It's been a little while for me posting here, but let's see if I still have the hang of it...

First off...for those who don't remember about 15 or so years ago (yeah...it's been that long), I laid out what was going to happen in my old "Prescription" posts.  Got a lot of stuff right (which is easy to remember) and I'm sure some stuff wrong (though I can't recall those things as much).  The one thing I got absolutely dead on right was Microsoft and where they were headed in gaming.  So for the next gen...

Microsoft will be fine.  They have an established fanbase and gaming was ALWAYS a defensive move for Microsoft anyway.  Even more so that ever now.

The Xbox and more importantly Xbox Live is what links their dying desktop business (where they are still dominant) to the exploding mobile business (where they are an afterthought).  When Xbox was released it was a defensive move to protect Windows and at least keep the market fragmented.  Now it has to prop up the Windows phone at least until they can truly merge their operating systems. 

Xbox just might be Microsoft's most important product line so in that vein it BETTER be at least comparable to the PS4. 

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am historically a Sega - Xbox fan.  With that said...I'd bet on the PS4 beating the Xbox 720 in terms of "performance".  Whether that turns into sales is something for another day, but Microsoft just like with the original Xbox doesn't have to "win".  They just have to keep Sony from running away and becoming dominant.

If that were to happen...a Sony/Google alliance (to fend off Samsung) with a dominant PS4 running a desktop version of Android (I'd bet my house that Google is working on this) would be curtains for Microsoft.

Hmmm...looks like my 8 year vacation from this spot is over.

DoctorHim
Makes sense, doc. Welcome back.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

If M$ did a half a billion dollars campaign for Kinect then I bet they will make a billion dollars one for the next Xbox to brainwash the weak minded Americans. So America which is the biggest video game market in the world will keep the brand alive.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 heretrix

If M$ did a half a billion dollars campaign for Kinect then I bet they will make a billion dollars one for the next Xbox to brainwash the weak minded Americans. So America which is the biggest video game market in the world will keep the brand alive.

Gue1

I'm not seeing the problem here. That's exactly what they are supposed to do. I'm not sure you understand the basics of business.

1. You create a product

2. You market the hell out of it (if you can afford to)

3. Profit.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

The casuals might save MS but they won't beat the PS4.

DoctorHim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DoctorHim
Member since 2002 • 19150 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

heretrix

I'm not seeing the problem here. That's exactly what they are supposed to do. I'm not sure you understand the basics of business.

1. You create a product

3. Profit.

That's the basics, but you also create products to protect other products. The industries and competitors are so fluid these days. And you have to remember that Microsoft's core product is still Windows (and/or whatever Windows becomes). Xbox's #1 job is to provide ammo to protect Windows operating system wherever it lives. Desktop, phone, tablet, whatever comes next. So...ultimately it's nice that Xbox makes some money, but it's vital that it's positioned in the market to protect Windows.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

PS3 the most expensive console ever? Wrong.

The 360 launched this gen with practically no brand recognition. Microsoft had to build on that, and they've went on to sell 70 million+ consoles and become the MAIN gaming brand in major territories (US and UK). Sony on the other hand started the gen when the Playstation brand was at its strongest. Brand power is how they managed to sell consoles at launch with a £400 price tag and no games. Difference being, they slowly squandered away that advantage with their mistakes and arrogant attitude this gen.

Next gen both will be starting in a more equal position. The Xbox brand is a heck of a lot stronger now than it was in 2005, and the Playstation brand despite being damaged this gen is still pretty damn strong too.

Cows were just as arrogant last gen saying the 360 had no chance to win (and who wouldn't be after the huge success of the PS2) and look where you ended up. Last place. So all I'm saying is you're repeating that arrogance assuming the PS4 is a certain win when cahnces are you could end up dead last once again.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

DoctorHim

1. You create a product

3. Profit.

That's the basics, but you also create products to protect other products. The industries and competitors are so fluid these days. And you have to remember that Microsoft's core product is still Windows (and/or whatever Windows becomes). Xbox's #1 job is to provide ammo to protect Windows operating system wherever it lives. Desktop, phone, tablet, whatever comes next. So...ultimately it's nice that Xbox makes some money, but it's vital that it's positioned in the market to protect Windows.

Whoa, whoa doc, lets not go too far. I think even the basics is a bit too complex for some in here. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 heretrix

RR360DD

I guess some people never heard of or had a Neo Geo. 

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I think it might succumb to the "3rd Console Curse" just like the 7800, N64, Saturn, and PS3 before it.

But it could surprise me and be great.

I loved two of the consoles that had a 3rd console curse N64 and PS3; I wish I had a Saturn.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

heretrix

I guess some people never heard of or had a Neo Geo. 

Also 3DO with inflation both are close to $1,000.

Console prices