Do gamers who loved Skyrim not like Oblivion?

• 79 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e58917563ba3
deactivated-5e58917563ba3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do gamers who loved Skyrim not like Oblivion? (77 votes)

I like both equally. 32%
Skyrim. 22%
Oblivion. 22%
Morrowind because i love terrible combat mechanics. 23%
 • 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

I find both games more fun when you just pretend it's an open world stealth game.

Both suffer from the same problem of becoming massively OP though.

The basic combat in both is poo.

Story-telling is poo.

Not willing to deny the player anything on their power-trip. Thief? Doesn't matter, you can become head of the mages guild. Warrior? Doesn't matter you can become head of the thief guild.

The dial is constantly giving the player everything and anything to point everything feels redundant.

In a game like Gothic you are a piece of shit, and remain a piece of weak ass shit for a long, long time. When you earn the powertrip it's far more memorable than any of the shit in Bethesdas titles.

Oh and BTW, we're gonna force you to become a werewolf and Nightinggale.

Both games have been modded for the better where you can have an alternate start and pick your background, or totally ignore the main quest, something Bethesda still hasn't fixed as they force the player on each run to go through repetitive introductions.

The main appeal is A) Exploration B) Mods

Modders legit make a better game than Bethesda, Bethesda just make the motherboard for the parts to plug in.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I played 100s of hours on oblivion, but couldn't get into Skyrim so much. I guess I just got bored with the combat. I don't quite remember, but wasn't Oblivion's combat better? Also, Skyrim seemed to have a bland color palate. It's all that dead brownish grey.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

With mods both can get pretty damn good. Without them? Eh edge to Skyrim which while having terrible combat and voice acting is nowhere near as bad as Oblivion in those aspects.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Skyrim is much better, but I did enjoy Oblivion when it came out. Oblivion had a lot of generic copy and paste level design that made it a bit tedious.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19568 Posts

Oblivion was pretty bad when it came out. The underlying mechanics were a massive step back from Morrowind, and the new additions (like Radiant AI and the persuasion minigame) didn't work properly.

Skyrim was a tentative step back in the right direction. It was a hilarious techincal disaster when it came out (e.g. it took several delayed patches before dragons started working properly), but the mechanics were a bit meatier than Oblivion.

Still, Skyrim had bad combat, bad quests, and basically no roleplaying. So...Morrowind still wins?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I like skyrim more than oblivion.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Morrowind was better than both. Then Bethesda decided to start dumbing it all down.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

I really enjoyed Oblivion when it came out and then really enjoyed Skyrim when that came out. I don’t know if I would say that I enjoy them both equally now though as I would probably prefer to play Skyrim these days then to go back and play Oblivion now. I’d still probably have some fun with it though.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I really liked Oblivion back in the day. It was my first open world game, so for that it was pretty amazing. Between Oblivion and the release of Skyrim I played more RPGs and learned what a good one actually was, so when I got around to playing Skyrim it was pretty bad save for the exploration and the creative mods.

Ranged combat was kinda fun I guess, just sitting back and snipping off enemies from a distance, and watching them run around like brainless idiots. Melee combat is terrible and far too simplified to be fun for more than 10 seconds.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I couldn't get more than 2 hours into Oblivion, but skyrim I have prob put close to 100 hrs in and still enjoy it. The combat felt so artificial in oblivion, it still doesn't feel very solid in skyrim but it is still much better.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim for me.

I think if I'd played Skyrim when I was at age when I played Oblivion I would have enjoyed it just as much if not more though

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

Dont they all have terrible combat mechanics?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

I think if I'd played Skyrim when I was at age when I played Oblivion I would have enjoyed it just as much if not more though

Someone once said something that made a lot of sense. When Oblivion came out, people still spoke highly of Morrowind. And when Skyrim came out, People didn't really talk about Oblivion anymore, but many people still spoke highly of Morrowind.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

No, its actually the other way around. Most or some people that played Oblivion and Morrowind did not like Skyrim.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

People got all angry at Oblivion because it simplified/dumbed-down the formula.

People don't get angry at Skyrim because a.) they were not unpleasantly surprised this time (like they were with Oblivion), and b.) it was actually a decent game.

Oblivion was fun for me because it was my first Elder Scrolls game; having missed out on Morrowind, I had no metric to judge it by, and it was probably one of my first open-world game experiences outside of whatever GTA games had been released by that point.

Had I played Morrowind, however, I'd probably be upset with Oblivion as well. Then again maybe not.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@eoten said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Someone once said something that made a lot of sense. When Oblivion came out, people still spoke highly of Morrowind. And when Skyrim came out, People didn't really talk about Oblivion anymore, but many people still spoke highly of Morrowind.

Yeah it's sort of like this.

It's sort of like when you give birth to a child, and that child is a piece of shit. But then your piece of shit child has a kid of its own, and that child (your grandchild) is a complete angel.

You're going to skip that middle generation and love the grandparent and the grandchild.

@doomnukem3d said:

Dont they all have terrible combat mechanics?

I wouldn't say terrible, they just don't have great combat mechanics. They serve their purpose, but yeah they could be a lot better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@eoten said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Yeah it's sort of like this.

It's sort of like when you give birth to a child, and that child is a piece of shit. But then your piece of shit child has a kid of its own, and that child (your grandchild) is a complete angel.

You're going to skip that middle generation and love the grandparent and the grandchild.

Ha! Excellent analogy.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Morrowind for atmosphere, environments and story. Skyrim is basically a better Oblivion. I like them all, but Morrowind is king. Wouldn't replay Oblivion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I tried Oblivion several times and always gave up. Skyrim I love, world design makes exploration more rewarding. Ye, combat sucks but archery is actually fun. And on occasion drops some interesting missions.

Morrowind has a special place but mostly because of its unique vibe.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Litchie

@mrbojangles25 said:

Had I played Morrowind, however, I'd probably be upset with Oblivion as well. Then again maybe not.

I wasn't. I thought there were many things Morrowind did better, but Oblivion was good in its own way. With that said, If I'd replay an Elder Scrolls I'd either fire up some Morrowind because of nostalgia, or Skyrim because of the gameplay. I see no reason to play Oblivion again, Skyrim is better in every way.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I find both games more fun when you just pretend it's an open world stealth game.

Story-telling is poo.

Not willing to deny the player anything on their power-trip. Thief? Doesn't matter, you can become head of the mages guild. Warrior? Doesn't matter you can become head of the thief guild.

The dial is constantly giving the player everything and anything to point everything feels redundant.

In a game like Gothic you are a piece of shit, and remain a piece of weak ass shit for a long, long time. When you earn the powertrip it's far more memorable than any of the shit in Bethesdas titles.

Both games have been modded for the better where you can have an alternate start and pick your background, or totally ignore the main quest, something Bethesda still hasn't fixed as they force the player on each run to go through repetitive introductions.

Modders legit make a better game than Bethesda, Bethesda just make the motherboard for the parts to plug in.

all of this.

i like sneaky sneaky games so always go for an archer / thief build and you can get a fair bit of enjoyment this way until being overpowered wears thin.

both are best when you leave the beaten path and make your own adventure. both have exclusively wooden characters with an absence of personality diversity. both lack much replay value unless you're modding

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Casuals prefer skyrim, such a scaled back mainstream game to sell to the masses.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Can't wait for the Oblivion remake in Skyrim. It looks fantastic.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

This is how I rank them: Morrowind>Skyrim>Oblivion.

Morrowind is hands down the best in the series. Towns and cities in Morrowind actually feel populated and alive, Morrowind has more NPC's then Oblivoin and Skyrim combined. I play Morrowind with some mods to make NPC's have more unique dialogue.

Morrowind is much more free than Skyrim and Oblivion. I liked the way it was set on an island, so you never got the "you can't go that way" BS. I like aspects of them all. Oblivion's strongest point was Shivering Isles, a hundred times over. It was also a bold move in terms of mechanics and so on. It also, sadly, started the hand-holding. Skyrim something Skyrim. I actually really like the feel of combat in TESV, even magic. Magic's limited usefulness and total lack of spell-crafting is lame, but whatever right? It makes up for it in many other ways. Despite more hand-holding, I hate that I have to use the compass, because the games offer up no directions to find somewhere on your own.

I love Skyrim itself, and Solsthiem. But Skyrim has been improved by mods in terms of gameplay, whereas in Morrowind, I only installed graphical upgrades and kept everything else vanilla. Everything. I adore Morrowind. I adore the world, the style, the progression, the fact that you had to navigate for yourself and there may actually be treasure outside of worthless levelled junk in tombs/dungeons

(Voted: Morrowind because i love terrible combat mechanics)

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Morrowind was amazing for its time, the graphics and the open world that seemed alive with wildlife and people. It was really something else. Then Oblivion came out and it looked better and combat was vastly improved albeit still sub-par for its time but it didn't really give you that wow factor you got from Morrowind and the whole world and story seemed a bit dull tbh. As for Skyrim, to me it felt like an Oblivion TC mod, the game even uses animations ripped straight out of Oblivion.

I don't remember playing Arena, and I didn't really play Daggerfall that much because the year it released had a lot of other good games (like Duke3D, Quake, Resident Evil on PSX) which kept me occupied as well as the consoles which had great games and were worth owning back then.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

I tried to get into Morrowind back in the day but just couldn’t, it’s combat mechanics were just too much for me to overcome. For me I’d rank them as such:

1. Skyrim
  2. Oblivion
  3. Morrowind
pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Morrowind is the best balance between FPS immersion and table top RPG. It's also my favorite TES having sunk at least 500 in each over the years.

Skyrim was fun, but its a power-fantasy. I thought it was lame how you're basically roped into being 'the chosen one' from the first few minutes. Also magic in Skyrim sucks without mods.

Morrowind >>>>>> Oblivion >> Skyrim

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pyro1245
@Archangel3371 said:

I tried to get into Morrowind back in the day but just couldn’t, it’s combat mechanics were just too much for me to overcome. For me I’d rank them as such:

1. Skyrim
  2. Oblivion
  3. Morrowind

Yeah the combat is wonky. I know when I'm playing Morrowind that I'm basically playing dice rolls. If you start a character without a high combat skill like long sword etc, you're gonna miss most of your swings. Hey at least you'll be leveling up your skill even when you miss :)

There are plenty of mods on the PC side of things that let you change the combat to work more like Oblivion.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I love them both but Oblivion has a special place in my heart. It was the first open world fantasy RPG I played and it blew me away with its beautiful world, environments, lore and soundtrack. Enough that I was never bothered by the mediocre combat and story, nor the awkward leveling system.

Skyrim improved combat but it lacked in other departments. The greyish color palette made everything feel bland. The spell making system, one of the most interesting features of Oblivion, was completely removed for some reason. Story and characters were also boring. Still, these games are all about exploration and I had a blast with Skyrim.

I never played Morrowind. Too young and not keeping up with releases meant it went off my radar. I blame my brother who was an avid gamer at the time but never bought the game. Had I played it, I'm pretty sure it would mesmerize me as much (if not more) as Oblivion did. I might try it out for the heck of it sometime. With the appropriate overhaul and retexture mods of course.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By johnd13
@uninspiredcup said:

Story-telling is poo.

The way the games handle guild progression is indeed terrible. I became the leader of the College of Winterhold even though I was a complete bum in terms of magic and did everything by sword and bow.

And I know I can't expect reactivity from an old game like Oblivion but it was pretty funny when you tackle the Fighter's Guild questline after completing the main quest and becoming the Champion of the whole damn province (which everyone acknowledged), only to be tasked with killling a bunch of rats for your first mission.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I liked both but as Skyrim is just essentially souped up Oblivion in new local and story it's hard to go back to Oblivion once you've played Skyrim.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim.

Yes, Morrowind's combat sucks. But the game is holistically a far superior RPG. And, frankly, Skyrim's combat is still pretty mediocre; it's not like it should win awards for it. Meanwhile, Skyrim stripped away so many important features that lingered on in Oblivion. It's really watered down

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Skyrim felt like a fleshed out realization of the concept, while Oblivion was basically a weird tech demo version with a lot of quirks and issues. Level scaling in Oblivion was really overblown, recycling of dungeons was far more obvious, the game had a lot of visual blemishes and very generic environment art, and while neither has a really good story Oblivion's was especially boring and unsatisfying. Skyrim I'd say also has a much stronger mod community and of course a multitude of versions and ways to play.

Between BOTW and Witcher 3 though, both games feel outdated as shit without heavy modding. If the question was between which games to play, I'd pretty much recommend you don't pick any Elder Scrolls game anymore.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Both Oblivion and Morrowind are better than Skyrim in my opinion. The one thing that Skyrim has above them is more cool random encounters... that's about it though.

I have a hard time believing that people who prefer Skyrim played the other two games first or when they released. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I sure as hell don't get it.

The Elder Scrolls was built around being an everyman with the destiny you choose for yourself and ultimately being intertwined with saving the world.. Not being a superhero that farts thunder and shoots lightning out of their dick at the same time while shouting dragons out of the sky and then inhaling/absorbing their essence. Makes it a little less impressive when you kill a 97 year old mortal wizard after sneezing him across the room.. lol

Ridiculous... I hope that the next ES game takes it back to the everyman, and makes you pick what you want to specialize in. I don't like the idea that one character can be and specialize in everything, while basically being a god. I would rather the lore be darker or unwritten with a tougher road to the top. Give me a criminal that was cast out from their community and left to die (even if wrongly accused) over a dragon blooded god. That is one of the biggest things that set TES apart from everything else (for the most part).

Either that or give us an option like Dragon Age or something where we can pick where we started and either limit ourselves or give ourselves boons in the game. That would be awesome. I mean you can always change the difficulty, but in Skyrim that pretty much only effected how much damage you did and/or received, and not much if anything else.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Oblivious & Skyrim are both shit with games like Gothic 1 & 2 and even their older games like Daggerfall & Morrowind being vastly superior and not nearly as dumbed down for imbeciles.

At least there's some good complete overhaul mods for them like Nehrim & Enderal though.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Skyrim is awesome. 100+ hours

Oblivion is overrated cut and paste boring game. There was barely any quests in that game. It had maybe 5-10 hours of actual content. Then you just did a bunch of dumb boring gates.

Morrowind and everything before it are complete trash and some of the worst games ever created.

Bethesda has been making the elder scrolls games better with each game.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts
@Random_Matt said:

Casuals prefer skyrim, such a scaled back mainstream game to sell to the masses.

@watercrack445 said:

No, its actually the other way around. Most or some people that played Oblivion and Morrowind did not like Skyrim.

I agree. Skyrim is a casual game, stripped of most of it's identity and charm. The world is unrealistic and there are far fewer NPC's and smaller cities. It was made for an audience that wants their hand held rather than exploring and learning things on their own.

I know some mechanics in the other two games were broken, especially when it came to leveling, but for everyone to pretend they didn't look those things up to cheat.. lets get real.

Morrowind and Oblivion were deeper games with the ability to do more and more immersive. Hearing NPC's in Skyrim saying things like "We lost 10,000 men that day" in a city that has 7 houses, a church, a castle, and a market area really made the experience worse for me. In Morrowind and Oblivion I would often time make characters and just be a thief, going around and seeing what I could do, tracking people down, planting objects, etc. The towns/cities were huge with a LOT more to do outside of the main quest line.

To each their own, but I easily agree with these statements over those that prefer Skyrim... I just hope that in the next game you don't have to play as a freaking superhero and they really stress towns and cities that feel alive and on a grand scale...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

1. Morrowind

2. Oblivion

3. Skyrim

Bethesda hasn't developed a decent game in over a decade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@ajstyles said:

Skyrim is awesome. 100+ hours

Oblivion is overrated cut and paste boring game. There was barely any quests in that game. It had maybe 5-10 hours of actual content. Then you just did a bunch of dumb boring gates.

Morrowind and everything before it are complete trash and some of the worst games ever created.

Bethesda has been making the elder scrolls games better with each game.

You are a casual then, Oblivion had way more depth to it. Quests were a million time better for starters, the guilds etc were not stripped to bare bones,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-642321fb121ca
@WitIsWisdom said:
@Random_Matt said:

@watercrack445 said:

I agree. Skyrim is a casual game, stripped of most of it's identity and charm. The world is unrealistic and there are far fewer NPC's and smaller cities. It was made for an audience that wants their hand held rather than exploring and learning things on their own.

I know some mechanics in the other two games were broken, especially when it came to leveling, but for everyone to pretend they didn't look those things up to cheat.. lets get real.

Morrowind and Oblivion were deeper games with the ability to do more and more immersive. Hearing NPC's in Skyrim saying things like "We lost 10,000 men that day" in a city that has 7 houses, a church, a castle, and a market area really made the experience worse for me. In Morrowind and Oblivion I would often time make characters and just be a thief, going around and seeing what I could do, tracking people down, planting objects, etc. The towns/cities were huge with a LOT more to do outside of the main quest line.

To each their own, but I easily agree with these statements over those that prefer Skyrim... I just hope that in the next game you don't have to play as a freaking superhero and they really stress towns and cities that feel alive and on a grand scale...

Next game will probably be some shitty online crap with microtransactions.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The whole franchise is bad, and there exists no mods to make these games fun. You mother fuckers are just a bunch of abused wives getting smacked around and telling yourself "sometimes he's nice".

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#42 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Put in well over 500 hours or more into both Oblivion and Skyrim. They remain two of my favorite games of all time.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I liked them both, but preferred Skyrim. I hated the leveling system in Oblivion but still had a blast playing it at the time.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I liked Oblivion but I haven't replayed due to the awful graphics. I did prefer it to Skyrim.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By johnd13

@WitIsWisdom: The Witcher 3 set the bar very high in terms of city realism and scale. Novigrad is one of the best cities ever created in a video game and it's been 5 years since then. Bethesda had better get their shit together and give us something even better with Starfield and TES VI. No more capitals with 30 people population ffs.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

no

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Litchie

@jg4xchamp said:

The whole franchise is bad, and there exists no mods to make these games fun. You mother fuckers are just a bunch of abused wives getting smacked around and telling yourself "sometimes he's nice".

I enjoy quite a few RPGs that I find pretty crap in many ways. Elder Scrolls. Neverwinter Nights. Gothic.

Sometimes the atmosphere, story or just general feeling of the game makes it enjoyable despite the game being kinda crap. I can definitely understand not enjoying Elder Scrolls, but to me there are quite a few aspects of the series that makes them enjoyable.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I liked Oblivion the most of all the Elder Scrolls games (I only played a bit of Daggerfall and Morrowind way after the fact). It still has one massive flaw: The leveling system. (Staying at low level makes the game way easier.) I don't know if it has been fixed by people. I bet it has.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pyro1245

@KungfuKitten said:

I liked Oblivion the most of all the Elder Scrolls games (I only played a bit of Daggerfall and Morrowind way after the fact). It still has one massive flaw: The leveling system. (Staying at low level makes the game way easier.) I don't know if it has been fixed by people. I bet it has.

Yeah I know that Morrowind and Oblivion both have at least a few alternate leveling system mods.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

I don't think Morrowind has that flaw. Most of the gripes about that game are that you can't even hit anything when you start out, so leveling up definitely makes the game easier.