Do gamers today seem to generally have low standards?

• 113 results
#101 Posted by DoomNukem3D (213 posts) -

@dimebag667: I'm not sure but isnt fortnites audience on the young side? I think it's the same for CODs playerbase but I could be wrong. I think a lot of it is younger kids going for what's trendy or seems cool. Also perhaps brand loyalty with COD.

Maybe I've become cynical but there are games I'd like to enjoy but they end up becoming tedius to play because they arent refined in certain areas like having decent gameplay or actually fun missions to complete and such. It sucks especially when theres things about those games you like or you like what their trying to do.

#102 Posted by dimebag667 (1225 posts) -

@doomnukem3d: Yeah that's what I'm saying. These kids start to gaming was in a cesspool, so they don't know what good is. It's our responsibility as stewards of the medium to show these little whippersnappers how it's done!

I feel exactly the same. Every game I've hated started out with me being excited to try. But over and over I'm left with the knowledge that I've already played better. I guess it's the curse of age coupled with the embrace of average.

#103 Edited by Livecommander (1062 posts) -

@doomnukem3d: It would take a measly couple of months if the development scale was down to way it used to be. Super in depth games is cool and all but we still need to evolve fast in technology aswell

Your basically wishing for no more AAA's games unless they spend minimum of 300 million along with at least 10 years of development smh

#104 Edited by Livecommander (1062 posts) -

@Sevenizz: you cant find one official article stating xbox live is way better or even just flat out better than psn. Not since ps4 and xbone came out

Majority of the internet thinks the ps controller is better as well.

Way to make your personal opinion look like a general one tho.

#105 Posted by clone01 (27486 posts) -

nah.

#106 Posted by dzimm (5491 posts) -

This looks suspiciously like another one of those "Why doesn't everybody else like what I like?" threads.

#107 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2432 posts) -

Games keep getting better and better imo. It's on you if you wasted your money on bs games or are too emo to step outside the box and try something new. I'm very impressed this gen with the amount of quality as well as quantity

#108 Edited by DoomNukem3D (213 posts) -

@Livecommander: Why is all that necessary to have less padding, good controls, and less repetitive missions/better mission variety in games?

#109 Posted by Livecommander (1062 posts) -

@doomnukem3d: because we are still at the point where small detailed settings takes months to make. The way you walk and sway in gta looks mad realistic somtimes you just dont realise the effort and intent of the developers.

Walking around more typically would have felt like saints row. In real life people walk clunky unless there walking straight so its understandable if the walking is not gamish enough for you lol

#110 Posted by I_P_Daily (12023 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Agree with this, but also I think publishers don't have any respect for their customers. It's cyclical; consumers have no standards, publishers don't try to raise those standards, the cycle continues. I think if one demanded more, or one decided to do good work for the sake of doing good work, the whole culture around it would change, but right now both sides are happy being absolute shit.

Don't have this problem on PC, thankfully; good games exist on this platform

That's the biggest load of shit I've read this week.

You act like its a consoles playerbase/developer problem and yet most devs that develop for consoles also release their games on PC.

You hermits say some of the dumbest stuff on here.

The simple fact is that good games are on every platform (except PSVR as that's garbage) and that is a simple fact that you can't refute.

Right, but PC has more good games, more variety, more open development, more developers that care and don't take their customer base for granted.

SONY produces a game, everyone with PS4 buys it. Doesn't matter if it's good or not, that's why you have God of War, Spiderman, and Horizon: Zero Dawn being hyped to hell before are during it's release, but people tend to be more lukewarm to it a year or so later. SONY takes their customers for granted, while at the same time PS4 owners don't exactly have high standards.

PC games often tend to be passion products. While they often lack the polish and quality control of large, AAA games, they none the less tend to be better games that take more risks and offer new challenges and concepts to their players. This is because, outside of multiplats, games developed for PC don't take their customers A.) for granted, and B.) for fools.

I like taking the piss out of the PS4 too, and you were going really well up until the last part, and well I just have this to say....

You were saying???

Cat got your tongue Mr Bo lol.

#111 Edited by DaVillain- (36905 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@i_p_daily said:

I like taking the piss out of the PS4 too, and you were going really well up until the last part, and well I just have this to say....

You were saying???

mrbojangles25 hardly replies to anyone, so don't expect a reply anytime soon but then again, I thought you don't bother with notification but whatever, not my business.

And you aren't wrong about Squadron 42, and yes, Cloud Imperium do however in fact will take advantages over it's kickstarter supporters unless you are smart to not buy into it. I only contribute just once and never look back.

#112 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44044 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@i_p_daily said:

You were saying???

mrbojangles25 hardly replies to anyone, so don't expect a reply anytime soon but then again, I thought you don't bother with notification but whatever, not my business.

And you aren't wrong about Squadron 42, and yes, Cloud Imperium do however in fact will take advantages over it's kickstarter supporters unless you are smart to not buy into it. I only contribute just once and never look back.

I'll reply to people that don't show such obvious bias. And who don't quote themselves (I mean, really dude?) Just not worth the time and effort to argue with someone so close-minded. Debates? Sure. Petty arguments? No thanks.

As for Star Citizen/Squadron 42, I never said that feature creep never happens to game development.

#113 Posted by bussinrounds (3136 posts) -

Well OP's screen name is one of the best FPS ever, so I'd be more apt to side with him over newshits propping up garbage like Uncharted, ect...