DKCountry: Tropical Freeze reivew is up, 6/10, FLOPPAGE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@W1NGMAN- said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

This is the same guy that gave pupeteer a 9,0 btw.

Yep a fantastic game that was well worth my time and money (only 7 bucks last month, such a freakin steal)

but what about if you paid $40? is it a fantastic game then? I personally didn't like it that much. The presentation was nice, but that was pretty much it.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#52 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@Consternated said:

"+ Exciting and challenging boss battles"

"- Harsh checkpoints during boss battles"

Make your mind up - Is challenge a good thing, or not?

Yeah, when I saw that, I promptly left the Web page. I'm not going to waste my time reading another GameSpot shock review. The whole point of these shock reviews is to get hits, and I'm not going to bother reading shock reviews that only serve to give the most negative view point as possible for the game. I'm just surprised it was someone besides McShea for once. That made me want to read the review, but I looked the good and bad summary, saw that, lol'd, and then closed the tab.

wonder6192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 wonder6192
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

bosses shouldn't have checkpoints unless they are very long. how is this a negative?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#54  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

And yet, COD Ghosts gets an 8, despite being a rehash with nothing new?

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

@wonder6192 said:

bosses shouldn't have checkpoints unless they are very long. how is this a negative?

It reminds me of the Luigi's Mansion 2 review. They also mentioned it as negative and referred to a horrible boss with 12 phases which you had to do all over again if you failed. It's only when you play the game that you realize how dumb that was.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I'm gonna complain about this review even though I haven't played it myself!

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#57 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

It reminds me of the Luigi's Mansion 2 review. They also mentioned it as negative and referred to a horrible boss with 12 phases which you had to do all over again if you failed. It's only when you play the game that you realize how dumb that was.

Reminds me of how much fun I had with Dark Moon. Such a charming game.

The twelve phases int hat level didn't bother me at all, but my fiancé (not really a gamer) got to that point and she got extremely frustrated. I can't remember if I ended up doing it for her or if she figured it out, but then she ran across another difficult part right at the end and after numerous tries couldn't pass it so she gave up.

I guess it was problematic for some so I tend to look at those criticisms with a bit of an open mind now.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
@Zassimick said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

Reminds me of how much fun I had with Dark Moon. Such a charming game.

The twelve phases int hat level didn't bother me at all, but my fiancé (not really a gamer) got to that point and she got extremely frustrated. I can't remember if I ended up doing it for her or if she figured it out, but then she ran across another difficult part right at the end and after numerous tries couldn't pass it so she gave up.

I guess it was problematic for some so I tend to look at those criticisms with a bit of an open mind now.

Problematic or not, it took me around 8 minutes to clear the level. A checkpoint there would make no sense.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Let me guess....6/10 because it's not using the WiiU pad enough.

Reading the Review.

Welp, turns out that review could be summed up nicely as

"It's Nintendo Rehash. 6/10, would have been a 5 but the big dogs fanboys thought it was too harsh of a score."

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

This is a gamespot review right? I know I'm on this site but they are pretty much one of the worse pro-reviewers for video games. Some of the shit I find under the pros/cons list does not match up with their overall score (TLOU, GT6, Forza 5 all recently). Also a lot of the time they give out confusing scores just to be edgy... Fuking click-bait I tell ya!

I'm not getting this game, nor do I have a Wii U, nor do I give a shit about Donkey Kong in general but if someone's on the fence about getting this game it's probably best to disregard gamespots opinion altogether.

Nearly as bad as Polygon.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Demonjoe93

@StriateEnd said:

This is a gamespot review right? I know I'm on this site but they are pretty much one of the worse pro-reviewers for video games. Some of the shit I find under the pros/cons list does not match up with their overall score (TLOU, GT6, Forza 5 all recently). Also a lot of the time they give out confusing scores just to be edgy... Fuking click-bait I tell ya!

I'm not getting this game, nor do I have a Wii U, nor do I give a shit about Donkey Kong in general but if someone's on the fence about getting this game it's probably best to disregard gamespots opinion altogether.

Nearly as bad as Polygon.

I would recommend a Donkey Kong Country game to anyone looking for a challenging platformer, including Returns. That was an awesome game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46004 Posts

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

You'd be amazed at what some reviewers consider fair. Here's an example from Kotaku (at 27:00):

"I have not been taught this!"

Paid reviewers ladies and gentlemen

Hahahahahahaha

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Oh, come on. Who said you had to play it to note such contradicting lines like this?

@Consternated said:

That's not a contradiction. Super Mario Brothers 3 is an example of a game that is exciting and challenging AND very harsh with checkpoints... a game can be both.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Oh, come on. Who said you had to play it to note such contradicting lines like this?

@Consternated said:

That's not a contradiction. Super Mario Brothers 3 is an example of a game that is exciting and challenging AND very harsh with checkpoints... a game can be both.

Can't it be argued that harsh checkpoints are PART of the reasons it has challenge? For boss battles, it's been the case for Donkey Kong since the original freaking DKC by Rare.

Besides, I thought people hate it when Nintendo "spoon-feeds" gamers?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Every other reviewer like Destructoid, IGN, Gametrailers, etc. gave the game a 10 or a 9/10. I know opinions and whatnot, but it's still a very divergent opinion from the norm.

@jg4xchamp said:

@freedomfreak said:

I don't know, it just seems that the reviewer sucked at the game after one playthrough and blamed it instead of learning the mechanics. I mean, complaining about harsh/a lack of checkpoints during boss battles? That is not bad game design. It's a fucking challenge, yes, so learn the boss patterns and beat them.

I just checked NeoGAF, and everyone that got the game early and played it said it was great, some reviewers that post there outright saying that they disagree with everything in the Gamespot review, in detail why.

I usually don't even check the website. The shows are shit and boring, news i get off NeoGAF and the reviews are shit as well (Kevin VanOrd being the exception).

wonder6192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By wonder6192
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

You'd be amazed at what some reviewers consider fair. Here's an example from Kotaku (at 27:00):

Hahahahahahaha

it's funny because the game explains the bells not 2 seconds before. he sounded so embarrassed after figuring it out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k

@wonder6192 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

Hahahahahahaha

it's funny because the game explains the bells not 2 seconds before. he sounded so embarrassed after figuring it out.

Yes, the game was very fair, and he acted like he had never seen the bells before.

"What are those bells ?!" "Am I supposed to ring them or something ?!" "The game never taught me that"

Hahahahahaha

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Lucianu said:

Every other reviewer like Destructoid, IGN, Gametrailers, etc. gave the game a 10 or a 9/10. I know opinions and whatnot, but it's still a very divergent opinion from the norm.

@jg4xchamp said:

@freedomfreak said:

I don't know, it just seems that the reviewer sucked at the game after one playthrough and blamed it instead of learning the mechanics. I mean, complaining about harsh/a lack of checkpoints during boss battles? That is not bad game design. It's a fucking challenge, yes, so learn the boss patterns and beat them.

I just checked NeoGAF, and everyone that got the game early and played it said it was great, some reviewers that post there outright saying that they disagree with everything in the Gamespot review, in detail why.

I usually don't even check the website. The shows are shit and boring, news i get off NeoGAF and the reviews are shit as well (Kevin VanOrd being the exception).

So true.

IF it were bad game design, than 90% of games would have bad game design. As most games don't have checkpoints during boss battles. It's a silly thing to complain about.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I'm excited. Games looks great. Definitely looking forward to getting a Wii-U, Donkey Kong being one of the reasons.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

Most people can defend Gamespot all they want, but it's easy to see what they do... They low ball ALOT of games in order to generate buzz.. Looking through the comments sections of other websites and all everyone is talking about is the low Gamespot score.. Most people don't even take this site seriously anymore when it comes to reviews...

Obviously its just one person's opinion and that person could have truly thought the game deserved a six... But if everyone says that something is red, it is very clear that it has been red, and then one person comes along and says that thing is green... He could truly believe it is green, but he would be wrong... That's my take..

Love Platformers but could never get into DK, still debating about getting this one....

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

@mrintro said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

This is the same guy that gave pupeteer a 9,0 btw.

Yep a fantastic game that was well worth my time and money (only 7 bucks last month, such a freakin steal)

but what about if you paid $40? is it a fantastic game then? I personally didn't like it that much. The presentation was nice, but that was pretty much it.

I couldn't put it down, and even though I planned on buying it full price after playing the demo I got word of the PSN sale. It was a win win and would have definitely bought it full price!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 locopatho

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@Consternated said:

Can't it be argued that harsh checkpoints are PART of the reasons it has challenge? For boss battles, it's been the case for Donkey Kong since the original freaking DKC by Rare.

Besides, I thought people hate it when Nintendo "spoon-feeds" gamers?

He didn't say that though. He said he was enjoying the challenging boss fights but annoyed at getting sent back. I have felt the same in games such as Super Mario Brothers 3 where I'd get near the end and get a game over screen. Great quality, but frustrating nonetheless. Not a contradiction, sir.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nintendoboy16

@R4gn4r0k said:

@wonder6192 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

Hahahahahahaha

Yes, the game was very fair, and he acted like he had never seen the bells before.

"What are those bells ?!" "Am I supposed to ring them or something ?!" "The game never taught me that"

Hahahahahaha

Sounds familiar. :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 locopatho

Reading the review, his main complaints seem to be boring, by the numbers level design. That seems... unlikely, coming from Retro. He does mention the previous game as being good so I wonder what changed?

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

That's an odd score. Destructoid gave it a perfect 10/10 (rare for them), and Gameinformer gave it a 9.25

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Got to remember, NintendoSpot did give GOTY to Zelda ALBW... before sheep pick on Pupeteer, Forza, COD etc.
Also
7/10 EDGE
7/10 EUROGAMER
7/10 GAME

Even 2 Pro Nintendo Sites gave it an 8/10 and 8.5/10.
This is not one off like from Gamespot like they did with TLOU. This DK game is a solid 6-7.0 game.
Nintendo fans will buy it regardless of score. Challenging can also mean annoyance.
"The game will frustrate less-enthusiastic players." and "doesn’t have anything new or exceptional to praise"

Either way, its a flop. Could be worse, as it was a 5/10 before they put one up.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I was also expecting a 5 after this past weekend.

Anyways I was probably gonna wait a little later to pick it up since I did love the first one. Hopefully the price drops a bit.

I think Tom should review every sequel because SWs has been dead since the new layout.

EDIT: My mistake I thought it was Tom who reviewed it after having read the preview.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#79 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

It seems when it comes to scoring GS usually rate games lower than other sites. Anyway I'm still getting it looking forward playing it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@nintendoboy16 said:

That's not bad. I'm sure every single gamer has had problems spotting the obvious in some game(s). I know I have :P

But the thing is, like with the guy from Kotaku, which I think represents some paid reviewers out there. The thing is, if you get paid for your opinion like in a review, you better make sure it's an informed opinion and not complaining about things like the game is too hard or boss battles aren't fair because they don't have checkpoints. If you had an informed opinion you would know DKC games never had boss checkpoints. You would know that the style of this game is very much in style of the previous game.

And it seems to me like the reviewer of DKC: Tropical Freeze doesn't know those things. And so I put him to different standards than your average gamer :)

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Lucianu
@g0ddyX said:

Got to remember, NintendoSpot did give GOTY to Zelda ALBW... before sheep pick on Pupeteer, Forza, COD etc.

Also

7/10 EDGE

7/10 EUROGAMER

7/10 GAME

This is not one off like from Gamespot like they did with TLOU. This DK game is a solid 6-7.0 game.

Nintendo fans will buy it regardless of score. Challenging can also mean annoyance.

"The game will frustrate less-enthusiastic players." and "doesn’t have anything new or exceptional to praise"

Either way, its a flop. Could be worse, as it was a 5/10 before they put one up.

How can you agree with the lower end of the spectrum, and give it a score, if you didn't play the game? Lol.

And yes, it's a flop. Meaningless shit on a dead forum with no rules and trolls galore.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Still at 82 at MC currently

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#83  Edited By Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

@Lucianu: You´re playing Shining Force 3 Lucianu? First time playthrough?

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

82 metacritic out of 31 reviews so far, pretty respectable.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 nintendoboy16

@R4gn4r0k said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

That's not bad. I'm sure every single gamer has had problems spotting the obvious in some game(s). I know I have :P

But the thing is, like with the guy from Kotaku, which I think represents some paid reviewers out there. The thing is, if you get paid for your opinion like in a review, you better make sure it's an informed opinion and not complaining about things like the game is too hard or boss battles aren't fair because they don't have checkpoints. If you had an informed opinion you would know DKC games never had boss checkpoints. You would know that the style of this game is very much in style of the previous game.

And it seems to me like the reviewer of DKC: Tropical Freeze doesn't know those things. And so I put him to different standards than your average gamer :)

Oh, if only you knew the myriad of other reasons why people on YT have a beef with DSP (I happen to be a former fan of his). So many channels are calling him out on these things and it's way more than his gaming skills (which I'm sure can be overlooked if he didn't say something like in the spoiler below).

In that same video though he calls the crouch-jump a BUGGED mechanic even though the devs made it clear earlier in the game, heck he even reads that text in the game as well.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Demonjoe93

@mrintro said:

82 metacritic out of 31 reviews so far, pretty respectable.

A little lower than Returns, but still really good. I'll get this shortly after getting a Wii-U.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Lucianu

@Arach666 said:

Ah, the text in my sig. is old, i haven't edited it in quite some time. I'm not playing anything at the moment.

But yeah, i have the JP version of SF3: Scenario 2, patched and perfectly playable on my modded Saturn, or on the SSF emulator, though i much prefer playing on my TV wile laying in my bed. I played a little bit of it to test it out.

I absolutely love the exclusives on this system. I'm not a fan of collecting the arcade games because i can pretty much play everything on MAME, but it's exclusives are worth collecting for sure.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

Its zombiu all over again the game was too hard for the reviewer and they gave it a bad score

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I read and watched the review. BAscially according to the reviewer the game is meh, level design isn't as good and Rayman Legends and Mario 3D World are overall better games.

But I also read Destrutoid, Gameinformer and Gametrailers reviews and they seemed to love the game claiming it's better then the first game and loved the challenging levels and level design.

Guess I'll find out for myself next month.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#90  Edited By Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

@Lucianu said:

@Arach666 said:

Ah, the text in my sig. is old, i haven't edited it in quite some time. I'm not playing anything at the moment.

But yeah, i have the JP version of SF3: Scenario 2, patched and perfectly playable on my modded Saturn, or on the SSF emulator, though i much prefer playing on my TV wile laying in my bed. I played a little bit of it to test it out.

I absolutely love the exclusives on this system. I'm not a fan of collecting the arcade games because i can pretty much play everything on MAME, but it's exclusives are worth collecting for sure.

Great. Such an amazing series,it was really annoying to have to wait years until I could play scenarios 2 and 3 but it was worth all the wait and effort.

Yeah the Saturn has quite a few great exclusive games,another huge favourite of mine is Dragon Force,fantastic SRPG. Apparently there´s a translation underway for the sequel but I haven´t heard anything new for a while now though. I bought the japanese copy a couple of years back on the cheap but barely played it for obvious reasons.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 R4gn4r0k

@nintendoboy16 said:

Oh, if only you knew the myriad of other reasons why people on YT have a beef with DSP (I happen to be a former fan of his). So many channels are calling him out on these things and it's way more than his gaming skills (which I'm sure can be overlooked if he didn't say something like in the spoiler below).

In that same video though he calls the crouch-jump a BUGGED mechanic even though the devs made it clear earlier in the game, heck he even reads that text in the game as well.

Well, if he gets payed because people watch him to hear an informed decision, than yes: your criticism is correct.

But I don't know him so I can't say :P

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

@Lucianu said:
@g0ddyX said:

Also

7/10 EDGE

7/10 EUROGAMER

7/10 GAME

How can you agree with the lower end of the spectrum, and give it a score, if you didn't play the game? Lol.

And yes, it's a flop. Meaningless shit on a dead forum with no rules and trolls galore.

How can you argue with the Nintendo sites that give it an 8/10 and 8.5/10 score? :S
Funny how the lower end spectrum are like the TOP gaming sites and magazine reviewers.
People can avoid the game and spend the time on more worthwhile games.
Only Destructoid so far has given it 10/10 like they have done to other Nintendo games, check em.
The quotes i've used are from other reviews from Nowgamer 7/10 and Gamesbeat 7/10.

DK was hyped AAA and GOTY...

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Wow, he did NOT like the level design, still other sites praised it. I guess I'll need to form my own opinion on this.

My theory, though, is that he prefers platformers like Legends where if you run fast enough, and nail all the jumps obsticales will collapse around you.

Also: I've been avoiding trailers but I fail to see how the visuals are uninspired. Not as artistic as Legends but the 3D levels look really stunning.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Another one of those laughable, attention-grabbing GS reviews.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

How can you argue with the Nintendo sites that give it an 8/10 and 8.5/10 score? :S

Funny how the lower end spectrum are like the TOP gaming sites and magazine reviewers.

People can avoid the game and spend the time on more worthwhile games.

Only Destructoid so far has given it 10/10 like they have done to other Nintendo games, check em.

The quotes i've used are from other reviews from Nowgamer 7/10 and Gamesbeat 7/10.

DK was hyped AAA and GOTY...

Game explain, too. There are a few AAAA reviews, AAA reviews, AAA, and some AA reviews, mainly.

Fans of the series were the one's hyping AAA, and they'll be the one's more likely to enjoy it.

EDGE gave the previous game a 7, too and they mention preferring Jungle Beat. It's really a matter of tastes, this isn't a platformer for everyone.

Reviews are pretty across the board.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Man this Forum is BS, a M$ title flops everyone is like lololol Micro flop! a cow game flops is like the whole world has to know and milk it! a PC game flops it's brushed off a Sheep game flops everyone comes together to sympathize! This forum is ruled by Sheep and Hermits i tell ya!!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#97 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Lucianu said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@freedomfreak said:

I have major disagreements with two things.

1: The notion that other sites thought one thing, invalidates another reviewer for being different. Any forum about any medium will show that you can have wildly different opinions on a piece of entertainment. Why gaming is looked at as something that needs to conform to this hive mind mentality is beyond me. I get it when it comes to Nintendo Apologists. They swallow Nintendo cum. But I you're better than this Lucianu

2: I'm not disagreeing that he might suck, but without playing the game it's conjecture. Maybe the checkpoints during boss battles feels like BS because they are drawn out. Because you can drawn out boss sequences. Maybe the level design actually is dull and by the numbers. And frankly I like the idea that a videogame gets punished for doing more of the same. In that regard I'm with FF. Crying about a games "perceived quality 'without actually playing it is sheep territory. And not SW lingo Sheep. I mean "herpa derp Metacritic tells me otherwise, clearly Metacritic is this objective piece of information on a games quality"

With those gripes aside the real issue with the review is that he never takes the time to articulate his thought. The review just says things and never explains his view point. It's like taking the "less is more" approach to reviewing way too far. His examples don't really stick out as common issues as much as they could be one-offs(especially in a platformer). As it stands it's a poor critique of a game due to lack of details. As a source of Nintendo apologist tiers, it's highly entertaining. And during Tax season, I love that shit.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

I'm about 98% sure I wont agree with Mark Wolton at all when I've bought the game. But hey, he can have his opinions, even though they are wrong. :P Seriously, it looks like Returns, but better. I wont say more before I try it myself, but I have a hard time seeing how that can't be awesome.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Oh dear LOL.

Another day another wii u disaster.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Litchie said:

I'm about 98% sure I wont agree with Mark Wolton at all when I've bought the game. But hey, he can have his opinions, even though they are wrong. :P Seriously, it looks like Returns, but better. I wont say more before I try it myself, but I have a hard time seeing how that can't be awesome.

Apparently it plays it too safe and is too hard in some places.