NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

On Twitter and Steam news for their game Larian Studios announces that Divinity Original Sin 2 has sold over a million copies. Great for them has been a good time for indies so far Hellblade and Cuphead are doing good and now Divinity Original Sin 2. Seems like DOS2 will quickly surpass the DOS in sales.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

Well deserved. Besides Nintendo's heavy hitters, it's easily the best game of the year.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Good jog for an apparently really good game. About the sales tho, one simply doesn't sell a million copies eh? It happens all the time on consoles with a much lower user base, just saying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

That is very well earned! It's a really good game. :)

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@lexxluger: How many of them are small indie games like this and not the usual AAA budget mass marketed games that sell a million consoles?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Well deserved. Besides Nintendo's heavy hitters, it's easily the best game of the year.

Pretty much, it is easily one of the big 3 games to be released this year. With PUBG still being early access and all.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

I haven't play Divinity Original Sin 2 but still, kudos for selling $1 million copy sold.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@lexxluger said:

Good jog for an apparently really good game. About the sales tho, one simply doesn't sell a million copies eh? It happens all the time on consoles with a much lower user base, just saying.

Actually, if you look at it in the correct context, it does not happen all the time. It's the just all the games that do sell over a million copies, most people are aware of them, hence why they sell so many copies in the first place.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Last time I played, it was during it was early access. I haven't played it since.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It deserves to sell much more

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lexxluger

@NoodleFighter said:

@lexxluger: How many of them are small indie games like this and not the usual AAA budget mass marketed games that sell a million consoles?

Huh, so now this massively hyped PC exclusive is a...small indie? lol man what's the PC user base again 150M..200M active users?

Miss me with the excuse man, outside of PUBG this was the biggest game of the year for PC. Dont come here with any small indie nonsense when a play tested beta release of PUBG can sell 7M and an unreleased tech demo stuck in infinite beta update has pulled in god knows how much money from trusting PC smucks who donated to the wish and a dream kickstarter lol.

I don't know why PC fans brag about the huge player base PC has and then brag about sales numbers for their exclusive games that console exclusives regularly see and the have objections when someone points out the contradiction.

A million sales is GREAT, that being said, it's nothing overly special for a highly hyped exclusive on any system, PC doesn't get a free pass on that either.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@lexxluger: what a load of BS!

First of all a million copies of a game likes this is amazing, it’s not some overhyped AAA productions that spend half it’s budget on advertising and have nothing going for except pretty graphic that makes good commercials! Or in another word, every hypes ps game...

Secondly a heavy strategic rpg with not top of the line graphic, will always be a niche product and in that context it’s a massive and well deserved feat for an amazing game!

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Deserves 10X more.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lexxluger

@djoffer said:

@lexxluger: what a load of BS!

First of all a million copies of a game likes this is amazing, it’s not some overhyped AAA productions that spend half it’s budget on advertising and have nothing going for except pretty graphic that makes good commercials! Or in another word, every hypes ps game...

Secondly a heavy strategic rpg with not top of the line graphic, will always be a niche product and in that context it’s a massive and well deserved feat for an amazing game!

lol your argument makes 0 sense and equals more excuses.

the bold^

Is exactly the type of game the people who profess to be PC fans get into PC for. Your argument is idiotic because the demographic who choose and prefer PC KNOWS that these ARE their high profile AAA games for the system.

I'm not talking about people who don't own PC, im talking about PC gamers here. LMAO if this isn't the biggest it's at least 2nd biggest PC game to come out this year.

@Maroxad said:
@Planeforger said:

Pretty much, it is easily one of the big 3 games to be released this year. With PUBG still being early access and all.

The fact that it maybe an indie title or whatever isn't the fault of anyone else here, for that you should call the master race chamber of commerce and complain about the level of your biggest games compared to consoles and maybe they will give you a tissue.

I always hear PC fanboys telling console fans they want aconsolation prize for being #2 compared to PC...well here's yours:

Congrats on a million sales for the biggest or 2nd biggest PC exclusive released this year! Still it's nothing special for one of the biggest and most hyped games for any system during a given year, especially if that system has a user base of well over 100million active members.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Neat, need to buy it

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Probably the best tactical game I've played since FF tactics. Grats to Larian studios, I hope these guys continue to grow.

Oh and lol @ the console plebs shitting on it because it's "pee sea excloosive".

Hint: It will be released on console as well.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#17  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

What??!! A game doing well critically and financially without season passes, digital deluxe editions, and loot box microtransactions in this day and age? What manner of sorcery is this??!!

Anyway, they haven't got a sale from me... ...yet. This is on my 100% to buy eventually list - I'm just waiting for some spare cash to free up.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lexxluger

@appariti0n said:

Probably the best tactical game I've played since FF tactics. Grats to Larian studios, I hope these guys continue to grow.

Oh and lol @ the console plebs shitting on it because it's "pee sea excloosive".

Hint: It will be released on console as well.

I'm sure it will and for your info no where in any of my posts was I shitting on this game dufus. Learn to read and comprehend before spouting nonsense.

It's a sales thread and I was commenting on the SALES.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 appariti0n

@lexxluger: Yes, I'm just a "DUFUS" who needs to learn to read and comprehend.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

The first DOS game is pretty awesome - about 2/3 of the way through myself in the original release. My younger brother wants to play co-op through the enhanced edition of the game so I may just cut my loss on my current play through and start over with him on the enhanced version.

We both plan on picking up a copy of DOS2 sometime in the near future. This is one of those games I won't mind if I have to spend $30-40 to get considering I usually buy games on the cheap when sales come around.

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Bought the first Divinty when it hit ps4 and if they release the second on consoles I buy it day one

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lexxluger

@appariti0n said:

reread your first post to me!

respect gets respect and well my response to your post was the same tone you came at me with. I mean...I'm just a console "PLEB" so I guess it's all good no?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 appariti0n

@lexxluger said:
@appariti0n said:

reread your first post to me!

respect gets respect and well my response to your post was the same tone you came at me with. I mean...I'm just a console "PLEB" so I guess it's all good no?

Actually I never mentioned you. You took it on yourself to decide that I was referring to you specifically when I said console pleb. Kinda says something doesn't it? :)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

@lexxluger: Okay, where should we start...

(1) This is an indie title, in the sense that it was crowd-funded and self-published. The entire budget of this game would have been a fraction of what any major publisher would spend on marketing alone.

(2) For a very niche RPG franchise, 1 million sales is great. This game isn't targeted to the lowest common denominator masses, unlike frontline RPGs from Bethesda and Bioware. It also isn't a huge name franchise like Persona (Persona 5, for reference, only sold 1.8 million copies across two platforms).

(3) This game will have legs. Normally, when a major PlayStation or Xbox game announces second-month sales...that's it, the game then falls off the radar until it hits a bargain bin. They have their flash-in-the-pan sales bubble, and then they're forgotten about.

Divinity Original Sin 2 (like any brilliant PC RPG, or for example, a Nintendo game) will continue selling for years. It'll probably be in Steam's top sellers for a few more months at least, and might hit 2 million copies once it gets a decent sale.

(4) Calling this "the biggest PC release outside of PUBG" is a bit silly, since the PC gets great games every week. The PC has the most diverse library across the widest range of genres, without any 3/6/12 month droughts that you'd find on the consoles, so you don't see the same effect of "a new Playstation game comes out, everyone buys it to have something to play".

The 120+ milliom Steam users like a lot of different genres. They're not all going to buy this one niche tactical RPG, even if it did get a whole bunch of 10/10 scores.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

On Twitter and Steam news for their game Larian Studios announces that Divinity Original Sin 2 has sold over a million copies. Great for them has been a good time for indies so far Hellblade and Cuphead are doing good and now Divinity Original Sin 2. Seems like DOS2 will quickly surpass the DOS in sales.

No accounting for taste in those 1 million people.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 appariti0n

@SerOlmy: lol you really hate this game don’t you? Did Sven kick your dog or something? :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Cool. Hopefully it releasing on consoles isn’t too far off, I’ll definitely pick this up for the Xbox One when it comes out.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SerOlmy

@appariti0n:

Hate is a strong word. I don't necessarily hate the game itself. I do however find it infuriating how an RPG with a garbo, poorly written story, crappy companions, and bad pacing gets praised as the second coming of Jebus. It's story and companion characters are on par with ME:Andromeda in terms of quality and for a modern RPG that just isn't good enough.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 appariti0n

@SerOlmy: I thought you only played the first one though.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SerOlmy

@appariti0n:

You are aware that YouTube videos, story summaries, walkthroughs, and other analytical tools exist on this amazing thing we call "the internet" right? Nothing I have seen/read shows any improvement from the original (which was terrible) in terms of overall story, companions, writing, or world-building.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Another overrated PC game.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

I just reinstall the game, it appears to be more stable in the Early Access.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 appariti0n

@SerOlmy: So you haven't actually played it?

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

Is that all? One of the best games I've played in a long while. And yeah, the story isn't great and I still loved it. This, coming from someone who wants a good story above all else in games typically.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@SerOlmy: lol you really hate this game don’t you? Did Sven kick your dog or something? :P

Cause all he cares about is 'STORY', not gameplay.

..should go read a book/watch a movie...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Is this without counting the kickstarter support?