Disintegration gameplay - Robotized FPS with Strategy elements.

#1 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10572 posts) -

looks interesting as it has proper SP campaign.

Edit: I lost interest..

#2 Posted by Litchie (24357 posts) -

Well. That looked seriously boring.

#3 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31613 posts) -

It's general grievous

#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (35107 posts) -

It looks like Quake Wars with robots.

#5 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10572 posts) -

I officially lost all interest in this game

Loading Video...

I officially lost Interest in this game.

you are only in robot all the time. you cant exit robot and fight as infantry.

this is not FPS. they did a wrong marketing. this is Vehicular combat game!!

not a First person shooter. beside gameplay looks boring.

#6 Posted by Pedro (35652 posts) -

FPS = First Person Shooter.

#7 Edited by DaVillain- (38170 posts) -

It's Destiny & Anthem fusion together=Turn off!!!

I was getting ready to jump on this train and now, this is a train wreck!

Edit: I_P_Daily, you were right!

#8 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10572 posts) -

@Pedro said:

But this is not FPS. this is vehicular combat game in first person. by that logic, every space combat sim is FPS because you also shoot.

If game have no on foot section. it wont be called FPS. only reason they are calling it FPS just to market and sell and thats it. Halo style FPS to sell.

#9 Posted by warmblur (3046 posts) -

Looks like crap.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#10 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24475 posts) -

I'll take Titanfall 3 over this.

#11 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44419 posts) -

Looks mediocre.

The fact it has the people that helped make Halo and Destiny makes me less hopeful, not more. Those are both pretty bland games.

@uninspiredcup said:

Ooooooh, I liked Quake Wars.

I hope they make another one of those!

@ghosts4ever said:

Just because you're in a vehicle doesn't mean it can't be a shooter.

You shoot. You still use the typical four-directional movement with aim control scheme. It's an action game.

But yeah, looks boring. Probably would have been more entertaining if they actually did go the vehicle sim route instead. You can incorporate some more strategy that way (just look at Dreadnaughts).

@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

But this is not FPS. this is vehicular combat game in first person. by that logic, every space combat sim is FPS because you also shoot.

If game have no on foot section. it wont be called FPS. only reason they are calling it FPS just to market and sell and thats it. Halo style FPS to sell.

False. In space combat games you have a throttle. You zoom around in a forward direction for the most part. Strafing is more of a course correction or dodge, not really a main movement. There is also roll, the feeling that you're in an actual vehicle, and so forth.

I get what you are saying, but just because something has vehicles doesn't mean it can't be an FPS. It's a superficial circumstance, in this case, meaningless. It might mean they get to move in a third direction (altitude, in other words), but otherwise it will play just like a shooter. Not a space sim.

#12 Posted by VFighter (5245 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Yeah its a FPS and you should really just stop posting, seriously just stop.

#13 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10572 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks mediocre.

The fact it has the people that helped make Halo and Destiny makes me less hopeful, not more. Those are both pretty bland games.

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever said:

You shoot. You still use the typical four-directional movement with aim control scheme. It's an action game.

But yeah, looks boring. Probably would have been more entertaining if they actually did go the vehicle sim route instead. You can incorporate some more strategy that way (just look at Dreadnaughts).

@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

False. In space combat games you have a throttle. You zoom around in a forward direction for the most part. Strafing is more of a course correction or dodge, not really a main movement. There is also roll, the feeling that you're in an actual vehicle, and so forth.

I get what you are saying, but just because something has vehicles doesn't mean it can't be an FPS. It's a superficial circumstance, in this case, meaningless. It might mean they get to move in a third direction (altitude, in other words), but otherwise it will play just like a shooter. Not a space sim.

no. exact same thing.

in this game you are not just running but also flying too since you are in vehicles.

any game has shooting play like shooter doesnot make it one.

otherwise

Loading Video...

This is also First person shooter. its in first person and you are shooting but only in tank all the time.

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: Yeah its a FPS and you should really just stop posting, seriously just stop.

No its not. only reason they are marketing it as FPS so it can sell and thats it. they knows vehicular combat games donot sell.

they are marketing as FPS we have not seen before. yeah. i have seen it. its vehicular combat game posed as FPS.

#14 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44419 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks mediocre.

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever said:

@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

no. exact same thing.

in this game you are not just running but also flying too since you are in vehicles.

any game has shooting play like shooter doesnot make it one.

otherwise

Loading Video...

This is also First person shooter. its in first person and you are shooting but only in tank all the time.

@vfighter said:

No its not. only reason they are marketing it as FPS so it can sell and thats it. they knows vehicular combat games donot sell.

they are marketing as FPS we have not seen before. yeah. i have seen it. its vehicular combat game posed as FPS.

You and I have similar tastes in games, but you're honestly the most obtuse person I've ever met in my life.

I mean WTF dude.

#15 Edited by lundy86_4 (53874 posts) -

Yeah, that looked mediocre.

#16 Edited by I_P_Daily (12587 posts) -

@davillain- said:

It's Destiny & Anthem fusion together=Turn off!!!

I was getting ready to jump on this train and now, this is a train wreck!

Edit: I_P_Daily, you were right!

I'm always right so you'll have to be more specific lol.

I know I posted something in the last thread that ghost made about the game.

#17 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10572 posts) -

@i_p_daily: you should like this game. It's not FPS. It's vehicular combat game.

#18 Edited by Pedro (35652 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

The game is in First Person and primary activity is shooting. First Person Shooter. Don't redefine things because you don't like the game.

#19 Posted by I_P_Daily (12587 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

@i_p_daily: you should like this game. It's not FPS. It's vehicular combat game.

The fact you shilled this game so early on before you saw shit makes me smile, just like how you won't answer me in your Doom thread how 22hrs is the new 12-15 LOL.